Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,903 members, 7,821,143 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

9Ebisco's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 9Ebisco's Profile / 9Ebisco's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (of 9 pages)

Politics / Outrage Via Web-based Networking Media As Buhari's Helper Says Nigerians Are In by 9Ebisco: 8:47pm On Jul 02, 2018
Nigerians have expressed their anger over a tweet by the Senior Special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on Diaspora and Foreign Affairs, Hon. Abike Dabiri Erewa.

The former lawmaker had in a tweet on Monday morning said that “we [Nigerians] found ourselves in a bottomless pit more or less.”

Nigerians did not find her words suiting.

Dabiri-Erewa had added in the tweet that, “APC under PMB is trying to build a solid foundation that will bring sustained progress, that will eventually take us to the top of the mountain.”

But the social media users wondered why the Presidential aide would use the word “bottomless pit,” to address the Nigerian situation.

Some of the reactions under her tweet below:

@JamesOkene, “Bottomless pit? You should chose the words you use as a public officials. So sad that power changes people. But my advice to you is just stay off social media if you don’t know what to defend rightly. When over 90% attack you concerning your tweet, you should know you are wrong.”

@adenoah1, “Power hasn’t changed her . The mask has just been removed.”

@nnaemekaogu, “Is the bottomless pit sending Pythons to dance where there was relative peace to murder innocent people and asking Nigerians to pray where terrorists herders are killing people? May God judge you all 4 playing politics with human blood.”

‏@welly98welly, “My happiness is that posterity is already judging them bitterly and they will be remembered in d sad and dark book of history. They will call for sun they will not see, they will call for rain they will not see, day shall become darkness to them & in darkness will they be forgotten.”

@OluZik, “What pit ma? You are an highly respected person of integrity right from your time at NTA, don’t join this cycle of lies and deceit please.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/outrage-via-web-based-networking-media.html

Politics / What Buhari Govt Should Do To Armed Herdsmen – Primate Okoh Speaks On Killings by 9Ebisco: 5:35pm On Jul 01, 2018
Primate of the Anglican Communion, Church of Nigeria, Nicholas Okoh on Sunday called on the Federal Government to do all it can to bring an end to the incessant killings across the country.

Primate Okoh speaking during a sermon in Ijebu Igbo, Ogun State called for armed herdsmen who have been responsible for the increased killings to be disarmed.

He further appealed to those involved in killing their fellow men in exchange for cows to stop the evil act.

“These people ought to be disarmed because a situation where a section of the country will be armed and the rest don’t having anything, we cannot move forward.

“This appeal goes to those who steal cows, if you are one of them or you know such people, tell them to stop stealing cows.

“For you to take a cow and pay with your life is not worth it. It’s not a good exchange.

“The Second appeal goes to those who kill human beings, to stop killing Nigerians for whatever reason because if this killing does not stop, it is a bad thing that will bear no good fruit,” the Bishop said.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/what-buhari-govt-should-do-to-armed.html

Politics / 2019: People Should Tell ‘weak Buhari’ He’s Not God – Secondus by 9Ebisco: 6:14pm On Jun 30, 2018
The National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Prince Uche Secondus, has told President Muhammadu Buhari that he is not God, and should stop intimidating Nigerians ahead of the 2019 elections.

Secondus said that the President was behaving like ”a coward” and was afraid of the opposition.

The PDP National Chairman said this in Abuja on Friday when a presidential aspirant on the platform of the PDP, Senator Datti Baba-Ahmed, visited the national secretariat of the party to intimate members of its National Working Committee of his ambition.

The Rivers born politician said that instead of facing governance, the President was busy harassing those considered to oppose his second term ambition.

He said, “The President is not god and he has no power to kill all Nigerians. He runs after everyone that criticises him and he picks them up day and night. Is he god? No, he is not.

“He is busy harassing Nigerians and wants to intimidate everybody. He has no time for governance. Instead, he is more interested in arresting and locking them up.

“He is fighting those who have sacrificed for the unity of the country. He wants to frame them – the likes of Chief Olusegun Obasanjo and Theophilus Danjuma, who speak the truth.

“How many people can you arrest? You don’t allow the rule of law to exist. You do media trial before taking people to court. Buhari is very weak, and that’s why he’s looking for people to arrest . He is afraid of competition. He is afraid of being challenged.”

He described the economic programme of the Federal Government as “voodoo,” saying that Nigerians were tired of it.

“He is not god. People should tell him. Nigerians are tired of voodoo economy which his government gives us. How can you be running the economy without data and statistics? No, we can’t continue like this,” he added.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/2019-people-should-tell-weak-buhari-hes.html

Politics / Rivers People Living In Abject Poverty Under Gov. Wike – Ex-deputy Speaker, Kwan by 9Ebisco: 4:47pm On Jun 29, 2018
The Rivers state government has been faulted over its claim that it has created thousands of jobs since Governor Nyesom Wike assumed office in 2015.

Former Deputy Speaker of the state House of Assembly, Leyii Kwanee, who disagreed with the claim, insisted that there has been massive loss of jobs since Governor Wike took over office.

Kwanee, while speaking with newsmen in Port Harcourt, stated that the poverty line has increased under the current administration, adding that many Rivers people now live below half a dollar per day because of bad governance.

He added that the Ogoni Unity Initiative, OUI has decided to join forces with the Unity House, ethnic interests and advocacy groups in the state to remove Governor Wike from office in 2019.

Leyii Kwanee also disclosed that the just-concluded National Convention of the APC has laid all differences within the party to rest, adding that aggrieved party members will be reconciled before the general elections.

He said, “Politics is all about interaction. You all recall that sometime ago we interacted with our brothers of the Ikwerre Youth Movement, IYM and this time we are doing same with the Unity House which is an advocacy group of the All Progressives Congress.

“As the progenitor of the Ogoni Unity Initiative we believe that we should align ourselves with the Unity House because we have seen that they have visions and aspirations on all fronts to better the lives of our people and to return good governance to Rivers state come 2019.

“For us in OUI the major responsibility of government is to protect lives and property which Wike’s government have failed to provide.

“In the last three years we have observed that a lot of companies, business men and investors have left this state in droves. More Rivers people are more unemployed now than ever, more Rivers men and women are living in abject poverty. What manner of government is this?

“We in the APC are united under the leadership the Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi and I can assure you that Wike will not be Governor of Rivers state in 2019.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/rivers-people-living-in-abject-poverty.html

1 Like

Politics / Plateau Killing: Buhari’s Government Nonchalant, Inactive – Actor RMD by 9Ebisco: 9:26am On Jun 29, 2018
Nigerian actor, Richard Mofe Damijo, RMD, has blamed the President Muhammadu Buhari-led government for the recent attack, which claimed more than 86 lives in Plateau State

DAILY POST had reported that the Plateau State Police Command on Sunday confirmed the killing of 86 persons in attacks on Razat, Ruku, Nyarr, Kura and Gana-Ropp villages of Gashish District in Barkin Ladi Local Government.

But unconfirmed sources have claimed that over 200 people lost their lives in the attack believed to have been perpetrated by Fulani herdsmen.

However, speaking on the incident, the actor said the killings happened because of the nonchalant and inactive body language of the government.

He urged Nigerians to allow their grief and sorrow fuel their passion to get the ‘PVC.

Richard on Twitter wrote, ‘‘It’s been a few days of numbness and soul searching for me. Just last Friday, I was as ecstatic as other millions of Nigerians at the Super Eagles victory over Iceland, it was an amazing weekend as I had a constant smile reliving the match, but unexpectedly, evil crept up on us, went to Plateau and massacred about ONE HUNDRED humans, after the initial shock, the realisation that the battle for the soul of this nation just intensified hit me hard and I have since questioned myself.

”Just as I was going through the terrible emotions, I wake up on Monday morning to the news of Daniel the III ‘s passing. It’s been a cold, sad few days for me and I cannot even imagine how defiled the people of Riyom, Barakin Ladi and Jos South local government areas feel, I cannot pretend to know what D’banj, wife and family are going through but my prayers are with them.

”Yes, the Super Eagles lost, again, to Argentina but that sad loss pales in the face of real tragedy so I refuse to dwell on it.

”The Plateau killings had no business happening at all, it is an occurrence that was absolutely perpetrated because of the nonchalant and inactive body language of the government.

”It is time leadership stop hiding behind long speeches, empty promises and be accountable to the people. We demand justice and refuse to back down because ‘eye wey dey cry, dey see’ as we cry and mourn let our sorrow fuel our passion to go get our PVC’s.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/plateau-killing-buharis-government.html

Travel / Lagos tanker Fire: Nine Bodies Recovered, 54 Vehicles Burnt by 9Ebisco: 8:24pm On Jun 28, 2018
Nine bodies have so far been recovered from the scene of the tanker fire that gutted vehicles on the Otedola bridge, along Lagos-Ibadan express way on Thursday.

54 vehicles and one tricycle were also said to have been burnt in the incident according to the state emergency management authority.

The tanker which was loaded with PMS, reportedly had a break failure.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/lagostanker-fire-nine-bodies-recovered.html

Politics / Why Yoruba Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode by 9Ebisco: 11:01am On Jun 28, 2018
Femi Fani-Kayode, former Aviation Minister, on Wednesday, said the time was right for Yorubas to demand the breakup of Nigeria and creation of Oduduwa Republic.

He noted that the current killings allegedly being perpetrated by armed herdsmen was an indication that Yorubas must call for secession.

In a series of tweets, the former Minister stressed that people of the South West could no longer be part of Nigeria because President Muhammadu Buhari allegedly opposes restructuring.

Fani-Kayode wrote: “Any Fulani man that refuses to openly and unequivocally condemn the slaughter, ethnic cleansing and mass murder of Middle Belters, southerners and other Nigerians by Fulani herdsmen is no friend of mine. As a matter of fact such a person is a mortal enemy.

“Thank God that I am Yoruba. I was born Yoruba and I will die Yoruba. ‘Omo karo jire ni mi!’ And with the way things are going in Nigeria, I think that it is about time for the Yoruba to exercise their right of self-determination and consider the establishment of Oduduwa Republic.

“We cannot remain in a country where the President encourages and supports mass murder, genocide, and ethnic cleansing, where he says “no” to restructuring and where the life of a cow is worth more than the life of a human being. There is no fellowship between light and darkness!”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/why-yoruba-must-demand-oduduwa-republic.html

Politics / Accountant General Makes Shocking Revelation On How N1.6bn Disappeared Under Bab by 9Ebisco: 10:46pm On Jun 27, 2018
Saidu Abdullahi, Account General of Niger State, has told Justice Yalim Suleiman Bogoro of the Federal High Court sitting in Minna, Niger State how a former governor of the State, Babangida Aliyu, ordered the disbursement of over N1.6billion from the State’s statutory account for no reason.

While being led in evidence by Ben Ikani, counsel to the EFCC, as PW10, Abdullahi, told the court all he knew about the ecological funds, stating that the disbursements were made in three tranches.

His words: “On February 8, 2014, the State received N2billion through the State’s statutory account, domiciled in Zenith Bank, from the office of the Accountant General of the Federation, from Central Bank of Nigeria.

“Thereafter, three disbursements were made to the Ministry of Environment in May, July and November, 2014 respectively”. According to him, “the first disbursement made in May was in the sum of N1 billion while the second and third disbursenents were in the sums of N366 million and N240 million respectively, totaling N1.606 billion, leaving a balance of N393 million in the account”.

Under cross-examination by Olajide Ayodele, SAN, counsel to Aliyu, Abdullahi insisted that the disbursement order was made by ex-governor Aliyu with certificate of no objection gotten from Bureau of Public Procurement.

Also testifying, Rabiu Musa, a Buraeu De Change Operator, who earlier testified as the PW9, told the court how he changed over N170 million for one Ibrahim Nasko, a younger brother to the second defendant, Umar Nasko. Musa informed the court that the said money was delivered to Nasko at two of his offices; one located at Wuse, and the other at his residence in Abuja.

“Ibrahim Nasko is my customer. He calls me from time to time. Sometimes, he offers me dollars to buy and sometimes, he buys from me.

“The business we had last, he paid money into my office account. During that time, he paid over N150 million. The second money he paid was about N20 million; and I sent the equivalent in Dollar to him,” Musa stated.

The case has been adjourned to October 22 – 23, 2018 for continuation of trial. Aliyu, fondly referred to as “Chief Servant” during his time as governor is being prosecuted alongside his then Chief of Staff, Umar Nasko by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/accountant-general-makes-shocking.html

Celebrities / Nadia Buari Shares Beautiful Photos With Her Mum by 9Ebisco: 11:31pm On Jun 26, 2018
It’s no news that actress,Nadia Buari and her mum,Caddy share an amazing bond .

Today being the latter s birthday,Nadia shared beautiful photos and wrote

My baby..my superhero..my rock..my soldier..my world..my everything…MY MUMMY!. Happy birthday @caddybuari

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/nadia-buari-shares-beautiful-photos.html

Crime / Plateau Attack: 2baba, Ramsey Nouah, Tiwa Savage, Others React To Killings by 9Ebisco: 4:56pm On Jun 26, 2018
Nigerian celebrities have strongly condemned the attacks in Plateau State which left no fewer than 86 people killed and several others injured.

DAILY POST reports that the Plateau State Police Command on Sunday confirmed the killing of 86 persons in the attacks on Razat, Ruku, Nyarr, Kura and Gana-Ropp villages of Gashish District in Barkin Ladi Local Government.

This followed claims by the Chairman, North Central zone of Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria (MACBAN) Danladi Ciroma, that the killing of the 86 persons was in retaliation to the killing of over 300 cows in the last few weeks by the villagers.

However, reacting on social media, some of the celebrities said the inability of the security agents to stop the incessant killings in different parts of Nigeria could be a deliberate act for political reasons.

Here are some comments gathered by DAILY POST:

@official2baba,” For how long shall this continue? This has become more than an emergency situation. I weep, I weak, I tire. Knowing that the solution is very simple but politics will not allow. How heartless?”

@Ramsey Nouah, ”This is sad and honestly becoming unbearable. How long shall we continue?. It’s beginning to look like a deliberate act by our security to neglect this issue for political reasons. Human sacrifices for political goals.. What has the world become..the height of dehumanization. This is heart wrenching.”

@Adesua Etomi, lamenting about the value for cows rather than human lives took to her Instagram, saying “When Cattle have more value than human lives. How did we get here?

“Dear Nigerian Government, we don’t want any more condolence messages. Do something, lives are still being lost. When you’ve done something, release a statement to let us know what you have done and how you were successful.

“Saying people should boycott cow meat will not solve anything. The problem is bigger than cows.”

@TiwaSavage, “My God! What is really happening to Nigeria? Pray for Plateau. No more killings. We just want peace.”

@Frank Donga “Too much blood, too much pain, too much poverty. God please heal Nigeria with your love. Fix us by your power.

“We cannot sit down and expect things to change, we need reforms in politics, judiciary, police and military.

”This country needs help, God has given us all we need already, let’s stop sleeping.”

@Frank Edwards, “It is well with Plateau state and its people. Let there be peace again in Jesus name, the type money cannot buy.”

@TimiDakolo wrote, ”If our government will not help to stop these senseless killing, I think as citizens we should begin to plead with countries to come to our aid. And just because it is happening Plateau, Borno, or Adamawa State doesn’t mean we are safe.

”We do not feel safe at all. Let’s tag foreign government and agency to come to our aid. We really need help.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/plateau-attack-2baba-ramsey-nouah-tiwa.html

Politics / Female Lawyer Sent To Kirikiri Prison For Allegedly Killing Husband by 9Ebisco: 10:24pm On Jun 25, 2018
An Igbosere High Court in Lagos on Monday remanded a 48-year-old female lawyer, Udeme Otike-Odibi at the Kirikiri prison for killing her 52-year-old husband, Symphorosa Otike-Odibi, and also chopping off his penis.

Udeme, 47, was arraigned by the Lagos State Government on a two-count charge of murder and misconduct with regard to a corpse.

She, however, pleaded not guilty to the charge.

The Lagos State Prosecutor, Mr Sunmonu Babatunde, had told the court that the accused committed the alleged offences on May 3, at Diamond Estate, Sangotedo, Lekki, Lagos.

He said that the accused stabbed her husband and mutilated his corpse by cutting his genitals.

The offences contravened Sections 165 (b) and 223 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.

Section 165 (b) provides five-year imprisonment, while Section 223 is punishable by death.

Justice Adedayo Akintoye remanded the accused in prison and adjourned the case until Oct. 8 and 9 for hearing.

The accused first appeared before a Yaba Magistrates’ Court and was remanded in prison pending the Directorate of Public Prosecutions legal advice.

Symphorosa Otike- Odibi, the murdered lawyer, from Delta State, was the second person killed by a female lawyer.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/female-lawyer-sent-to-kirikiri-prison.html

Politics / Plateau Killings: Group Alleges Attempt To Blackmail Buhari, Lalong by 9Ebisco: 2:37pm On Jun 25, 2018
The Middle Belt Conscience Guard (MBCG) has attributed the ongoing crises in Plateau State to some selfish politicians who are hell bent on blackmailing the State Government and President Muhammadu Buhari.

Speaking on the ceaseless attacks, the middle belt group said some political players were only using the crisis to make the state and the country ungovernable ahead of the 2019 polls.

Prince Raymond Enero, National President of the group while reacting to the ongoing killings in the area, called on President Buhari to replicate the feat performed with the defeat of Boko Haram in the north-east by completely eliminating the so called unknown killers that are killing people in the Middle Belt to score political points

He said, “It is a known fact that there has been incessant killings in other north central states particularly Benue from which Plateau state was relatively spared. In recent days however, there has been a spike in the activities of such killers. The most recent is the killing of two children of a clergyman in Mangu Local Government Area by unknown killers. The incident resulted in youths acting in line with the expectations of those behind the heinous crime; they took to the streets in protest until security operatives successfully managed the situation.

“We said “expectations of those behind the heinous crime” because we have credible information that the killings spread to Plateau state as part of a plot to discredit the government of President Muhammadu Buhari, whose government has restoration of security as one of its cardinal agenda. While President Buhari’s government is being targeted at the centre, that of Governor Simon Lalong is also being targeted at the state level.

“The information at our disposal show that the plot is to indiscriminately kill innocent people to create the impression of ethnically or sectarian motivated attacks. People of the affected communities are then expected to turn on each other, their neighbours, government agencies or security personnel.

“The dimension was meant to cause same mayhem and instigate protesters across some selected communities in a bid for the plotters to achieve their aim. But for the maturity of the youths in Mangu Local Government Area and the professional conduct of the security personnel drafted to contain the protest things would have gone out of hand.

“The Middle Belt Conscience Guard is therefore using this opportunity to appeal to the people of Plateau State not to fall for this wicked trick that is meant to set the entire state on fire. Given the devilishness of the plot, we urge the people of the surrounding states to Plateau to not take precautions but to also actively be on the lookout for suspicious people that could try to replicate similar crimes after they have failed to destabilize Plateau state.

“We acknowledge that Governor Lalong has done much within the limitations imposed by the Constitution on governors in handling security of their states, we however urge him to urgently liaise with the Federal Government before the killers that have set on the loose gain a foothold in the state. Our suggestion is that he should champion a summit of the governors of states in the Middle-Belt so that they can set aside political and ideological differences to get at the root of the problem so that the sanctity of life can again return to our lands.

“We appeal to the Federal Government of President Buhari to replicate the feat performed with the degradation of Boko Haram in the north east by completely eliminating the so called unknown killers that are killing people in the Middle Belt to score political points.

“Nigerians should consider this press briefing as a notice for them to disregard the agents of destabilization that are behind these acts of wickedness. The path to defeating these enemies of Nigeria is very clear. The first thing is not to react in panic and confusion as they want us to. The next is for the people to sniff such evil people out wherever they might be and alert the relevant law enforcement or security agency so that the law will take its course.

“We urge security agencies to step up surveillance in the entire area so that a truly preventive approach can kick in to ensure that killers are apprehended before they inflict damage, death and pain on the people. The security agencies should tap into the structure already built by Governor Lalong to provide adequate cover for the population.

“The people of Plateau state must further take the initiative to key into the cooperation between security agencies and the state government. The security efforts put in place by the state government should be taken as incentive to support the governor and other stakeholders to ensure that the state is spared of avoidable deaths.

“To those behind the killings, our message is clear: even if it takes time justice will one day be done to the puppets that bear the knives or pull the triggers and to the puppet masters that make them do it.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/plateau-killings-group-alleges-attempt.html

Politics / Plateau Killings: Saraki Tasks Buhari On Immediate Solutions by 9Ebisco: 9:36am On Jun 25, 2018
President of the Senate, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki has advised President Muhammadu Buhari to direct his security chiefs to immediately proffer solutions to the spate of killings in the country.

Saraki made the statement while responding to the attack in Barkin Ladi Local Government Area, during which scores of people were murdered by unknown assailants.

He said it was important for Nigerians to start having the assurances that the government was decisively responding to the current threat to lives and properties in parts of the country.

The statement read “I am very sad to hear the news of the incident in Plateau State. This is very depressing and giving the impression that the country is not safe. The problem of Boko Haram in the North-east is well known to everybody but this killing by unknown band of assailants in Benue, Taraba, Plateau and Kaduna States is now giving another dimension to the crisis. Coming at the time we are getting ready for elections, we need to respond fast.

“If the plan is to develop some long term measures, we also request that the President should mandate the security chiefs to put forward an immediate short term and quick response measure which will restore confidence in the system and demonstrate to the criminals behind this killings the capacity of government to tackle the issue.

“We have to immediately device a plan through which the criminals behind the killings and their sponsors can be nabbed and made to face the wrath of the law. We have to also develop plans to mop up illegal fire arms in the hands of dangerous elements while also stopping the influx of these arms into the country.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/plateau-killings-saraki-tasks-buhari-on.html

Politics / 2018 Budget: Buhari Lacks Courage To Challenge National Assembly – Falana by 9Ebisco: 7:52pm On Jun 24, 2018
Human rights activist, Femi Falana SAN, has reacted to
the response of the National Assembly justifying its alterations in the estimates of the 2018 Budget.

Falana described the reasons given by the National Assembly for the amendment in amounts allocated to some projects and introduction of new ones as diversionary.

He said this in response to President Muhammadu Buhari’s complaint of alterations in the appropriation bill which sparked varying reactions.

Falana, in a statement, stated that the executive arm of government is to blame for ‘Budget padding’.

According to him, Buhari lacks the courage to challenge the action of the National Assembly.

He cited instances of how a House of Representatives member, Mr. Abdulmumin Jibrin, revealed the details of budget padding in 2016, wondering why the executive did not allow its anti-graft agencies to step into it.

“The National Assembly lacked the power to introduce projects and allocate funds to them.

“However, the executive is to blame for the continued practice of “budget padding” by the National Assembly.

“Buhari, like his successors since 1999, lacked the courage to challenge the illegality in the National Assembly,” Falana said.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/2018-budget-buhari-lacks-courage-to.html

Politics / APC National Convention: Full Text Of Tinubu’s Speech by 9Ebisco: 9:17pm On Jun 23, 2018
The National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, on Saturday addressed delegates at the party’s National Covention in Abuja.

Tinubu recounted how the APC was formed from a merger of parties and how the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) fought relentlessly to end their ambition.

The former Governor of Lagos State, however admitted that although progress has been made since they came into power in 2015, a lot still needs to be done.

Read Tinubu’s full statement below:

Joined in goodwill by common purpose and noble endeavor, we assemble this day. The doubters who gave APC no chance of existence or of continued survival have gotten their reply in full. Their envious prayers and complaints have been answered in reverse.

They wanted to see the end of us and our pursuit of good governance for Nigeria. You should not forget, as I shall never forget, the strong efforts they made to stop us in the courts.

There were twelve cases brought trying to stop us from merging, from registering the new party, then attempting to bar our candidate from the election.

Lacking the courage to face the democratic will of the people, they tried to misuse the courts as a weapon against democracy. We thank the judiciary for following the letter and spirit of the constitution by dismissing this dirty dozen of malicious cases filed against us.

With their schemes foiled, those who tried to destroy us must bear witness to the destruction of their edifice of corrupt governance and their dreams of unjust domination of our nation.

While they planned a lifetime of greedy enrichment by looting the people’s resources and the public treasury for 60 years, we moved to reform the economy to bring development and aid to the poor.

When they called for hate and division, we strove for compassion and unity. When they hoisted the standard of bias, we raised the flag of justice and the chevron of fairness.

When they sought to make Nigeria a monument to corrupt government, we sought to remake Nigeria into a place of transparency and honest opportunity for all.

The APC’s formation is the most important political development in our recent history. This is not due to the names of those who founded the party. It is because of the ideals upon which the party was established.

The APC was not brought into existence to compel the majority to serve the few. For 16 consecutive years, the PDP had already assumed that mean role.

The APC came into being to reverse this unjust equation.

Under the PDP, the people were made to let the beast ride them. The APC came to stop this travesty. By right, it is the people who are to ride the beast not the other way around.

As we go through today’s deliberations, we must keep in remembrance and put into action the purposes for which this party was formed.

Yes, human nature is partly composed of personal ambitions. Life would be incomplete without such goals and dreams. Yet, we must be motivated by other things more sublime than our personal benefit.

As good citizens of Nigeria and members of the party, we must seek to prosper with society more that we seek to prosper from society.

In the APC, we are many but we are also one.

Thus, we must stand together for democratic good governance or stand not at all.

We have experienced much since our inception. Unexpected events and harsh realities emerged to block our way. Those who detest progress fought severely against us. And they are still fighting.

Yet, we remain true to our beliefs.

In a few short years, we have done more than the other party did in 16 long years.

During their years, oil prices and government revenues were high. They had more money but less moral commitment to the common welfare.

They neither established school-feeding programs nor created a safety net for the poorest among us. We had less but did these things because we cared more.

Under the PDP, terrorists planted their wicked flag on our soil, controlled territory, and spread mayhem as they willed.

Now, that evil flag of Boko Haram no longer flies over any of our land.

Their fantasy of establishing an empire has forever been dashed. They are retreating and being beaten by the day. The APC government accomplished this while the PDP spent money with no result except increasing misery.

Where did the money go? When the PDP holds their convention and presents their candidates, the public should ask them. If the question is asked, theirs will be the quietest convention ever held. They dare not answer the question with honesty for an honest answer will destroy them.

Our party has made progress but much work remains. We have overcome recession but that is an insufficient cure to many. We must accelerate economic growth and bring prosperity to all.

We must create jobs wherever we find the jobless. We must help bring food to the tables of the hungry. We must bring light where darkness now resides.

We must continue to squash corruption where it stands.

People continue to suffer violence in several places. We must end the violence and untangle the root causes of such conflict.

We must reclaim Nigeria’s place in the world as the leader of the African cause and black race.

These things will be challenging. This is why we must band together as one party, one family, one purpose, one people.

As a very old and wise woman recently told me. “Don’t worry son. You are doing well but you mustn’t get tired. Your broom is good but it takes more than one stroke to clean a filthy house.”

Well, the PDP left us a dirty house. As we complete this four-year term, we complete but one stroke of that broom in cleaning that house.

We are here today to prepare our way so that we may continue to right the wrongs that have been left by others for us to correct.

You are here to build a better Nigeria.

This means we must join hands even more tightly than before. Over the past few months, there has been jockeying and competition for the various positions in the party.

Today, we conduct the elections to fill these vital posts. Those who sought posts were all qualified and good people. While only one person can win, the party needs you all.

You all have competed as is your right in a democratic setting. Now, competition must end. Reconciliation for the great battle ahead – the general elections – must commence.

We must show the people that we conduct our internal affairs differently than other parties just as we adhere to different ideas and policies than these other parties do. They are backward. We are progressive. They are despotic. We are democratic. Now, we must walk the same as we talk.

Today I appeal to you to accommodate each other by giving greater emphasis to the progressive bond that unites us so that we attain victory in the electoral battles to come.

The success of the APC convention today is such that it sets our eyes at the edge of the spear.

Under President Buhari, Nigeria has found its rightful course. Discipline and collective purpose are taking root. Government has become accountable. Bleakness turns to hope.

President Buhari has done significant work clearing away yesterday’s mess so that we may reach a better future.

When his critics grossly falsify by saying he has not achieved enough, remember what the old woman told me “Your broom is good but it takes more than one stroke to clean a dirty house.”

The old malpractices of the PDP that have soiled what should be our beautiful national home. We now must continue cleaning it for the benefit of all Nigerians, even for the members of the PDP who have done so much harm because we are a party of compassion and togetherness not one of malice and intolerance.

Be proud to be of the APC. We are on a mission to save our nation. When you return home, speak not only of what we accomplished today.

But enlighten your people about the policies and ideals of this party so that they will know which party is day and which is night, which party seeks to be their servant and which again schemes to be their master.

To the APC governors. Excellencies. You are the wheels on which the party moves. You have found ways to close ranks and wisely resolve issues in the overall interests of the party.

You have rallied behind President Buhari and refused to be moved by anything other than the good of this collective enterprise. Your comportment has been inspiring.

To our lawmakers, your efforts are recognized. Without your contributions, providing responsible and good governance would be impossible.

We ask you to do even more to advance our party’s policy agenda and help the president enact laws that ensure prosperity and justice reign throughout the land.

APC Women, you are the heart and conscience of the nation and our party. You must always raise your voice to ensure that we remain true to our goal of improving the lot of the average family.

We count on you to run for elective office and to galvanize support for the party throughout the land.

Great APC youth (pause and repeat). Your intelligence, skills and patriotism tell us you are ready to serve. That we believe in you is evident by Mr. President signing the “Not too young to Run” bill into law.

If you seek progressive governance that gives every Nigerian a fair chance, the APC is the home for you. We welcome you home.

Before closing, I must mention something of high concern. Our progressive agenda has been hampered because elements of the PDP remain embedded in the many agencies and ministries so crucial to daily governance.

They have been as a fifth column, undermining our policies at every turn. While impeding reform, they also plot the comeback of their reactionary brethren to power.

This is something we should no longer abide. Our party teems with competent, reform-minded people who would perform admirably in these positions.

It is time to sweep out the PDP remnants and put in position people, who actually care about the people.

Some among us feared that today we would be joined by the presence of rain. Don’t fret. Let the rain fall if it must. For it is a sign of a great washing.

We, the party of the broom, should understand more than anyone else what this represents. The rain symbolizes that we are to wash away the remaining shards of the old, unjust politics so that we can set forth a better path for Nigeria.

Thus, let us be equal to the historic moment before us. Let us dedicate ourselves to uplifting the average man, woman and child. Let us dedicate this day to the establishment of a compassionate political culture and social consciousness.

May this mighty broom that we have become sweep aside that which needs to be swept aside so that all Nigerians may enter into their finest destiny with national pride and utmost dignity.

We are ready. We are the APC. We are Nigeria.

May God bless you all and bless our beloved republic.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/apc-national-convention-full-text-of.html

1 Like

Celebrities / ‘criminal Operation’: Wizkid Calls Out Tinie Tempah’s Label Disturbing London by 9Ebisco: 6:43pm On Jun 23, 2018
It appears there is a rift between Nigerian superstar, Wizkid and UK/Nigerian rapper,Tinie Tempah .

Wizkid took to Twitter this afternoon to call out Disturbing London record label, owned by Tinie Tempah and his brother.

He revealed they are a criminal operation.

Rumour has it that the rift is related to Wizkid feeling ripped off after his sold out London show at the O2 ..

This comes days after they posted photos of eachother at the Dolce and Gabbanna show in Milan.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/criminal-operation-wizkid-calls-out.html

Crime / ‘port Harcourt Girl’ Flees With Lagos-based Lover’s ATM Card, Withdraws N1m by 9Ebisco: 10:15am On Jun 23, 2018
A businessman identified as Olugbenga is in tears after his lover, Thelma Kimberly fled with his Automated Teller Machine, ATM, card and allegedly withdrew N1m from his bank account.

Miss Kimberly, who is based in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, visited Olugbenga at his residence on Victoria Island, Lagos State, on May 17, 2018, Punch reports.

The 45-year-old man reportedly slept off after some rounds of sex and the 22-year-old Kimberly, fled with his ATM card and a mobile phone.

She was said to have made withdrawals, transfers and purchases at a supermarket in Lekki using PoS.

The businessman reported the case at the Ikoyi Police Division and Kimberly was eventually tracked down.

The suspect, in her statement to the police, confessed to the crime, saying, “I met Olugbenga in 2016 in Port Harcourt when he visited my foster father, who is his friend. On May 17, around 8:00pm, I visited him in his residence on Victoria Island.

“He took me out and we bought some things. We had sex several times when we came back. He was tired and slept off.

“I left with his phone and ATM card and I made withdrawals of N150,000 at ATM stands in Obalende, Ikeja and VI. I went to a supermarket at Lekki Phase I and spent N363,000. I paid through PoS.

“I also did transfers of N250, 000 to some accounts. I gave some people from the money. I was just spending it and can’t calculate how much I spent altogether.”

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, CSP Chike Oti, told the newspaper that “the suspect had been arraigned before a Tinubu Magistrate’s Court.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/port-harcourt-girl-flees-with-lagos.html

Politics / Why Buhari Won’t Get Involved In Saraki’s Problems —femi Adesina by 9Ebisco: 5:18am On Jun 23, 2018
Special Adviser (Media) to President Buhari, Mr Femi Adesina, in this interview by Deputy Editor, DAPO FALADE, speaks on sundry issues in the All Progressives Congress (APC) ahead its National Convention, holding in Abuja today, the efforts of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to provide a credible opposition to the ruling party, among other issues.

The decision taken by President Muhammadu Buhari acknowledging the June 12, 1993 presidential election has been hailed across the country as a good one. However, some people are saying that it is a vote-catching gimmick ahead the 2019 elections. What is your view about this?

I am glad that you have said that the decision is being hailed across the country. If a decision is being hailed, it means it is good and there is no bad time to do a good thing. It means that it was a good thing that the government has done and if some people want to read other meanings into it, they are at liberty to do so. But what matters is that the government, through the president, has done a good thing and there is no bad time to do a good thing. We should always do good things at all times. The time came for that decision to be taken; you know it was taken just a few days before June 12 and that makes it a right time to take the decision because it was another anniversary that was approaching.

But don’t you think the people are saying that because the president has been in power for three years and the decision was not taken in June 2015, 2016 and 2017 and it was not even mentioned on May 29, the Democracy Day?

Some governments had been in power for 24 years. This is the 25th year after June 12. So, for 24 years, many governments did not do it. According to Femi Falana, seven governments had come after June 12, but none of them did it. If a government has now done it, does it matter that it was done at any certain time? What matters is that it has been done.

Are you saying there was no political motivation behind the decision by President Buhari to recognise June 12?

The government is there for the good of the greatest number and that is exactly what has happened. The government has done what it believed was good for the country and, as you said earlier, that decision is being hailed across the country. That means the government has do0ne what it should do: the good of the greatest number.

Some other people are suggesting that the president can go a step further by declaring the winner of the election, the late Chief MKO Abiola, as president…

That is exactly what has been done. You don’t give GCFR to a non-president. So, if Abiola has been given GCFR, it means he was a president of this country. That is what it means. In the annals of Nigeria now, Abiola was a president.

But the late Chief Obafemi Awolowo was given the same title and he was never the president of this country…

Yes. It was a decision of the government then.

Governor Abdul Aziz Yari of Zamfara State was recently reported to have complained that security chiefs are disobeying the order of the president to tackle the security challenges in their various stations…

I didn’t read that one in the specific report that I read. Maybe the report you are talking about is different from the one that I read. But the report that I read was that the Zamfara State governor was saying that he is no longer the chief security officer of his state because things are getting out of hand. So, I didn’t read any report that the service chiefs are not obeying the president. All I know is that there are security challenges in the country; Zamfara is one of the states facing the most severe security challenges and we all know what has been done: the military has gone in. not only the military, even members of the Airforce were sent in and they are tackling the challenges. They keep recurring despite the presence of the military, but I believe that eventually, solution would be found to the problem.

The claim by the present administration that the problems of Boko Haram and herdsmen have been nipped in the bud notwithstanding, we are still having persistent killings across the country…

There is no country without challenges, particularly security. The entire world is beset with security challenges today. You know that one of the greatest successes of this administration is security and it is not unlikely some hidden hostile hands are working to ensure that the government does not lay claim to security as a success and so they are fomenting all sorts of crisis in different parts of the country, but what we know is that, sooner or later, those behind those security crises and challenges would be found out and dealt with and peace would return to all parts of the country.

Recently, Mr President took the Water Resources Bill to the National Assembly and this has further worsened the relationship between the executive and legislative arms of government. What informed the bill?

The bill is in the works; they are working on it and I should not be talking on it because it is something that is in process and this is a government that has absolute respect for the Separation of Powers. As long as it is before the National Assembly and they are still deliberating on it, whatever I say now would be seen to be the opinion of the president…

Still on the executive/legislature face-off, the Senate President is at the moment embattled and some people are pointing fingers at the Presidency. What is the president doing to wade in and calm things in the National Assembly?

You don’t wade in when it is outside your purview. In a true democracy, particularly the variant that we practice, there is Separation of Powers in which the executive has its responsibilities, the judiciary has its responsibilities and the legislature has its responsibilities. And the president, right from day one, has respected that. Even when the leadership of the legislature was going to be elected, way back in June 2015, he didn’t interfere because he believes that there must be separation of Powers. So, when some people now say he should wade in, wade in to do what? They want him to go outside his purview? No, the president is not a man like that. He respects Separation of Powers and he will only do what the executive arm of government has the responsibilities to do.

Things are falling apart in the party that elected the president, the All Progressives Congress (APC) and it appears he is staying aloof…

There is no political party that does not have its challenges. When the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) was the ruling party, we all know the challenges it faced. There was even as time when there were five different Senate President under one government, the administration of former President Olusegun Obasanjo. So, there is no party that does not have its challenges. And the party has a structure. Mr President is just a member of the party. Though a leader of the party, but he is also a member. He is subject to the laws of the party and its structures. And the structure is clearly evident: there is the national chairman, the National Working Committee (NWC), the National Executive Council (NEC) and all that. So, Mr President has to work along with the structures of the party.

The mistake people make is to think that a president is like one big angel that would suddenly drop from the sky and solve all the problems, including political problems in his own party. But it is not like that: Structures must be allowed to function and perform their responsibilities.

But in our own clime, we see the president as the national leader of his political party and he must have some sort of influence, coming in when some issues are threatening his party. But in this case, President Buhari is seen as just been there doing nothing…

You are not quite correct. Remember when there was an issue about the lifespan of the party executive and some people wanted tenure extension for the NWC, it was the president himself that came out to say that there were possible landmines ahead, that they could face legal issues later and he recommended the way the party should go about the issue. So, that is an example of wading into potential crisis. He did not even lord it over anybody. You know he said as the party would an elective convention, the incumbent members of the NWC should be allowed to run, if they wanted. So, the president does not dictate; he can only pass across his opinion and if it is taken, all well and go.

The main opposition party in the country, PDP, appeared to be in the cooler, but recently the party has been upping its activities, taking up the president on virtually all issues. What do you think could have informed the renewed vigour of the party?

An opposition party, like PDP which has lost its bearing, all wants to have some nuisance values. So, I just imagine that all what PDP is up to is just to emphasise its nuisance value. Nigerians know the party that led into a sorry pass. They know the party that vandalized the economy. They know the party that led them into the slave market. And I suspect that PDP has a long time to stay out there in the cold.

Talking about PDP vandalizing the common patrimony, the argument out there now is that the problem is not about the party itself but about some individuals in the party and some of these individuals have found their way into APC, having spent so many years in PDP…

It is not true. The percentage of the members that held sway in PDP and were responsible for the rot and who are now in APC is negligible. The larger percentage remains in PDP and they are still eyeing the patrimony of the country, to finish what has been amassed by the current party and Nigerians would not give them that opportunity.

Even at that, some people are saying the recovered loots are being re-looted in the present administration. How would you react to this?

It is an allegation. Anybody can sit down and say anything. They can say anything, however ridiculous, however outrageous and however fallacious. It cost nothing to say anything as talk is cheap, but you need to back up whatever you have said with evidence. We have not seen any evidence to that effect. Rather, we know that this is a government that is thrift, that is accountable and that is responsible. You can see it in the foreign reserves, you can see it in capital expenditure, you can see in many different phases of the national life. If the government was not as thrift as it is, things would not be looking up as they are looking now.

Don’t you think that it should be a source of worry to the president and APC that the opposition is getting stronger as the 2019 elections are around the corner?

I don’t know the evidence you have that the opposition is getting stronger. Rather, what I feel is that the opposition is in disarray. I don’t agree with you that the opposition is getting stronger. By stronger do you mean they issue all sorts of statements on necessary and unnecessary issues and they even contradict themselves at times? They just want to kick against anything that is done. Does that mean that they are stronger? No! I don’t think they are stronger. Rather, I think it is an evidence of confusion.

But if things are working well within the party, don’t you think that some of the people threatening to leave would not have even mooted the idea?

In politics, you will always lose some and you will gain some. What you must however ensure is that the number you gain is larger than what you lose. But it is inevitable that you will lose some in politics. Just ensure that you maintain equilibrium; don’t lose more than you gain. APC is gaining a lot and so if some people go out, they may not mean much to the party.

And do you see the President winning a second term and by what margin?

I do. This is because he has done all that is necessary to win a second term and I believe that the margin of the victory is going to be wider than what he had in 2015. Nigerians know what is good for them and they know that President Buhari is good for the country.

You are a veteran media practitioner with long years of experience in media management. If you were to find yourself in the opposition, how will you handle the current political situation across the country?

That question may not be relevant because I am not a politician; rather I am a professional in politics. So, if it was the opposition, I may not be there. I am serving in government now because President Buhari is someone I had always admired and when he won the election and I was invited to serve him, I am serving him gladly. So, if it was the opposition, why should I be in government in the first instance? I will not be there. I will be in the media. When he is done or when my time is up, I will be back in the media by the grace of God.

You are a pastor, will you say, with all sense of sincerity and in tandem with your conscience that you are doing your job satisfactorily as the spokesman of the president?

It is not for me to say that. It is for the president who is my principal and who appointed me to assess me. He is the one who can know whether or not I have done the job satisfactorily because he appointed me.

Put differently, we know that politics goes with propaganda. How do you relate your job with being a pastor, knowing that exaggeration can come in?

Propaganda in itself is not a negative thing, except you turn it into negative propaganda. Propaganda in itself can be positive. It just means playing up whatever your side is doing. Yeah, exaggeration can come in but why do you need to exaggerate? I have never done that and I will not do it. I will always stand by the truth. The president I work for and work with does not want you to spin anything; he just wants you to say what the truth is. And if you make the mistake of spinning things, he is the one that would come out to say that is not the truth and by so doing, you will lose face. So, when you work with somebody like President Buhari, it is in your own interest to just say things they way they are and that is just what we are doing.

In the light of what you just said, how do you explain it when the president makes controversial statements, like when he said Nigerian youths are lazy?

But president Buhari didn’t say that. What was reported was an interpretation of what he said. What he said was that some youths are there; they have a sense of entitlements. They think Nigeria has oil and so they should not do anything but they can get everything. In other words, president Buhari is saying that there is an idle population in the country. Every country in the world has its idle population, but it differs from country to country; but in every country, you have a certain percentage of an idle population.

But don’t you think you are interpreting what the man said too?

No. I work with the man and I know his mindset and I know what he said. Some people spun what he said negatively but it is my own duty to explain and I explained it then.

Between this your current job and your profession as a journalist, which one would you have preferred?

The two are linked. As a journalist, the position I held before I left to serve in government, I ran a newspaper house and so, I combined administration along with editorial functions. Now in government, I still run the entire media department and what I do is also a lot of editorial functions. When the president does anything, we have the responsibility of informing the country that this is what he has done. And if we need to amplify what he has done, we do that. If we need to explain it further, we do that. If we need to defend him, we do that. So, I just see what I do now as an extension of media practice. In media practice, you are also bound by fairness, objective, truth and all that. All these still bind us, even as we serve in government today.

Is there any point in time that you feel the heat due to the action or inaction of the government?

There will always be heat, either from outside or from inside, but if you know what you are doing, you don’t let that affect you. Yoruba will say when you go to the market, you don’t listen to the noise of the market. You will rather face the person you are transacting business with. That is what I do in government; I just face what I have come to do.

Which of the two is more rewarding, as a former Managing Director of national newspaper or as the spokesman of a president?

The two are quite different. As a former MD of a newspaper, if you talk of finance, I earned far more than what government can pay me. But in terms of influence and the weight of your words, of course, you know that being the spokesman of the president is a heavy responsibility. If I say something today, the way people will magnify it or report or even twist and want to give it a negative meaning shows that there is a lot to whatever I say now. So, both are rewarding in their own different ways.

And do you feel the burdens of the responsibility?

Well, I just want to do my job responsibly at any given time. That was also my guiding principle as an active journalist. Anything I do, I do it within the bounds of decency and within the bounds of the ethics that guide the profession. Even as spokesman to the president now, I believe that anything I say or do must be within the bounds of decency.

How did you get the job?

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/why-buhari-wont-get-involved-in-sarakis.html

Politics / Buhari To Commission Africa’s 1st Rice Seedling Factory In Calabar by 9Ebisco: 11:15pm On Jun 21, 2018
Governor Ben Ayade of Cross River State will host President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday June 26, 2018.

President Buhari is scheduled to commission the multibillion Naira automated rice seed and seedlings factory in Calabar.

The factory, according to a statement by the Chief Press Secretary to Governor Ben Ayade, Mr. Christian Ita, is the first in Africa.

“Cross River State Government is happy to announce that His Excellency, the President and Commander-in-chief of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, President Muhammadu Buhari (GCFR) will on Tuesday, June 26, 2018, commission our ultra-modern, fully automated rice seeds and seedlings factory in Calabar, “ it said.

The factory is also a seed multiplication centre that produces high-yielding, disease resistance and vitaminized rice seedlings.

The facility is one of many investments made in agriculture by the Ayade-led administration in keeping with his commitment to decouple the state from federal allocation through non-oil sources.

Speaking on the project recently, Governor Ayade said the state was capable of generating at least N50 billion from the factory every year if the federal government comes on board.

“When I told Cross Riverians that my ambition was to restructure the state and free it from over dependence on federal allocation, I truly meant it because with projects like this, we are going to generate more revenue for the state,” he said.

He assured that when commercial operation begins, the factory will produce seedlings that will be natural with no chemical added.

The governor expressed joy that “Cross River is on the path of independence even after we lost our oil wells unjustifiably.”

“Now that we have a world class investment, we hope the federal government can support this our non oil export.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/buhari-to-commission-africas-1st-rice.html

1 Like 1 Share

Celebrities / Kylie Jenner Puts Her Sizzling Post-baby Body On Display As She Steps Out With B by 9Ebisco: 5:30pm On Jun 21, 2018
New momma Kylie Jenner is sure making many jealous as she again put her sizzling body on display as she stepped out with baby daddy Travis Scott.

The couple visited a couple of designers store on their shopping trip with Kylie wowing in a mini brocade outfit for the trip.

More below;

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/kylie-jenner-puts-her-sizzling-post.html

Politics / Why We Are Yet To Arrest BIM Leader, Ralph Uwazuruike – Police by 9Ebisco: 8:10am On Jun 21, 2018
The Imo State Police Command has explained that it is yet to receive any Order of Court, directing it to arrest and hand over the leader of Biafra Independence Movement, BIM, Chief Ralph Uwazuruike, to the Nigerian Prisons, to serve his one-month imprisonment.

The Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Mr. Andrew Enwerem, a superintendent of police, made the position of the command known on Wednesday in Owerri.

Justice Kemakolam Ojiako had sentenced Uwazuruike to one month in prison for disobeying the order of the court to appear before it in a case in which he is the plaintiff.

Ojiako made the order in the civil case, HOW/265/2013, between Uwazuruike (plaintiff) and Barr. Chigozie Iheama and others over a land dispute.

“I am not aware that the command has received any Order of Court, asking us (police) to trail and arrest Chief Ralph Uwazuruike. We have only read about the issue in the newspapers and it will not be proper to act based on what we read from the dailies”, Mr. Enwerem said.

Answering another question, the Imo State Police Command’s PRO, promised that “as a law enforcement agency, the police will appropriately carry out the Order of Court when and if we receive it”.

Reacting also, Uwazuruike’s counsel, Mr. Emmanuel Chukwuka, was of the view that the order to jail his client was “an abuse of court process”, especially as they had since appealed against the hearing of the suit. He also recalled that the presiding judge, Hon. Justice Kemakolam Ojiako, insisted on going ahead with the matter.

“While Justice Ojiako ruled that the substantive proceeding is adjourned to July 10, 2018, to await the outcome of the motion for stay of proceedings, hearing on the appeal suit comes up October 2, 2018”, Chukwuka said.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/why-we-are-yet-to-arrest-bim-leader.html

Celebrities / Priyanka Chopra Looks Effotlessly Chic As She Steps Out In Floral Piece by 9Ebisco: 2:03pm On Jun 20, 2018
Bollywood star Priyanka Chopra stepped is every shade of stunning.

The actress stepped out in New York in head-turning style as she went about her day on Tuesday.

Priyanka, who is rumoured to be currently dating Nick Jonas, slayed in a colourful mixed print sleeveless shirt dress as she strolled around the Big Apple’s Tribeca.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/priyanka-chopra-looks-effotlessly-chic.html

Celebrities / Another Popular US Rapper, Jimmy Wopo Shot Dead (SEE PHOTOS) by 9Ebisco: 10:31am On Jun 20, 2018
Another popular US rapper, Jimmy Wopo has been fatally shot in the Pittsburgh neighbourhood he helped make famous.

He was 21 years old.

CNN reports that police said they found Wopo and another man shot inside a car shortly before 4:30 p.m. in Pittsburgh’s Hill District neighbourhood.
The vehicle was in the middle of the street and had been struck by gun bullets several times.
Both men in the vehicle were transported to a local hospital where the rapper later died.
Police said the other victim, who was not identified, was transported in stable condition.
Police said the shooting is currently being investigated and initial reports indicate it was an isolated incident.
Wopo died the same day fellow young rapper XXXTentacion was gunned down during an apparent robbery in Florida.

Born Travon Smart, Wopo first came to fame with his 2016 song “Elm Street,” which documented his life in his beloved hometown.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/another-popular-us-rapper-jimmy-wopo.html

Celebrities / Your Own Gender Will Continue To Let You Down – Daddy Freeze Comes At Chimamanda by 9Ebisco: 9:06am On Jun 19, 2018
Controversial media personality Daddy Freeze has again come at author Chimamanda Adichie over her feminist views.

Freeze, told the story of a broken down danfo bus on his way down from his church yesterday and instead of the women in the bus to come down and help push as the men did, they sat down and let the men do all the work.

He added that Adichie’s view will not work here as nature and nuture will not allow it.

Dear Chimamanda,

yesterday, while driving home from our online church service held on the radio, I saw a broken down danfo bus. All the women remained on the bus, while the men assisted the conductor in pushing the bus, as the driver tried his best to jump-start it.

Seeing this, I realized that no matter how hard you try to propagate your feminist ideology, your own gender will continue to let you down because of both nature and nurture.

In the #FreeNation in Christ, despite the Bible leaning otherwise (the Bible is a sexist book, whether it pleases you or not), we propagate equality and gender neutrality to as far a degree as logic allows it.

However, it takes wisdom to know the extent to which we can tamper with the innate characteristics of both genders, without stirring up unwanted consequences.

The other day you spoke of chivalry in a cute way, although your understanding of the word seemed questionable, your motives were nonetheless benign. Howbeit, the shortcomings of your ideologies were highlighted by an Dana Loesch, American activist who reminded you that the issue of genital mutilation, where Nigeria occupies a top rank, should be a greater priority for you and by me after the Danfo bus incident I witnessed yesterday, which led me to the deduce that women have the congenital contention that men must bear the greater weight of a physical burden.

Another situation I implore you to delve into, is the fact that women occupy a pivotal role in religious brainwashing, as most of the false churches and charlatan GOs use them as a ‘point of contact’ to enslave their husbands and children, lending credence to Willie Lynch’s letter, ‘The making of a Slave’ where he stated: “special attention must be placed on females” and “CONCENTRATE ON THE FUTURE GENERATION. Therefore, if you break the female mother, she will break the offspring in the early years of development!” ~FRZ

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/your-own-gender-will-continue-to-let.html
Celebrities / John Legend And Chrissy Teigen Show The Reality Of Parenting In Lovely Photo by 9Ebisco: 6:28am On Jun 19, 2018
To celebrate Father’s Day,John Legend shared this adorable photo with wife,Chrissy Teigen pumping breast milk as she took him out on a date.He wrote

I know it’s Father’s Day and all but my wife is pretty awesome. She’s taking me to dinner but still on mommy duty

The couple welcomed their second child in May,2018./

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/john-legend-and-chrissy-teigen-show.html

Celebrities / Blac Chyna And Son King Cairo Twinning In All Black Outfit by 9Ebisco: 9:12pm On Jun 18, 2018
Former stripper and mom of two Blac Chyna and her son Cairo are all shades of cute as they both step out in matching black outfit.

Chyna, who bore Cairo for rapper Tyga, finished off her all-black look with a blonde wig.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/blac-chyna-and-son-king-cairo-twinning.html

Celebrities / K-cee And E Money Have Nothing To Do With Your Failure – Entrepreneur Jaaruma Em by 9Ebisco: 7:20am On Jun 18, 2018
Following Skiibi’s interview with Sunday Scoop today, where he revealed he was always broke while he was still signed to Five Star Music, entrepreneur Jaaruma Empire, has called the singer out.

According to her, Skiibi is suffering this much for breaking her friend’s heart and she has advised that he goes back to ask her for forgiveness else things will remain bad.

UR A BIG LIAR SKIBI!!!!! THIS IS JUST A SPONSORED POST TO COVER UP UR TRACKS AFTER U SAW MY POST ABOUT U LAST WEEK!!!!!

SKIBI GO AND ASK HER FOR FORGIVENESS IF U REALLY WANT TO SEE SUCCESS IN UR LIFE!!!!!

KCEE & E MONEY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH UR FAILURES & UR LOSSES!!!! U KNOW WHERE ITS FROM AND U CAUSED IT UPON UR SELF!!!!!.

U CAN NOT CHEAT, LIE, DECEIVE AND USE A WOMAN, AFTER EVERYTHING SHE HAS DONE FOR U, U SUCK HER WEALTH DRY AND U DUMP HER AND U THINK ALL WILL BE WELL WITH U??

GO AND ASK FOR FORGIVENESS SKIBI BECAUSE KARMA HAS NOT EVEN STARTED WITH U!!! U HAVEN’T EVEN SEEN ANYTHING YET!!!!

GO AND SEEK FOR FORGIVENESS SKIBI U KNOW WHO U bleeped UP AND U KNOW HOW BAD U bleeped HER UP!!!!!! #UNGRATEFUL #INGRATE

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/k-cee-and-e-money-have-nothing-to-do.html

1 Share

Celebrities / Newly Engaged UI Student Dies After Battling Malaria by 9Ebisco: 10:58pm On Jun 17, 2018
Sad times for the family of a 300 level student of the University of Ibadan.

According to reports, the decased identifed as Iyanuoluwa Areola Tijesunimi, a political science student died after battling malaria. Iyanu was said to have just been newly engaged.

May her soul rest in peace.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/newly-engaged-ui-student-dies-after.html

Politics / Bishop Olagunju Reveals Winners Of 2019 Presidential Election, Ekiti Governorshi by 9Ebisco: 10:50am On Jun 17, 2018
The Presiding Bishop of Divine Seed of God Chapel Ministries, Prophet Wale Olagunju, has revealed what God told him concerning the Ekiti State gubernatorial election holding in July.

Bishop Olagunju claimed that he heard from God that the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Prof. Plusola Eleka will defeat that of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Kayode Fayemi in the polls.

Speaking with the Sun, the cleric also claimed that presidential aspirant on the PDP platform, Alhaji Atiku Abubukar, will defeat President Buhammadu Buhari in 2019.

He said, “Firstly, it is unfortunate that killing is going on in the state even before the election proper. If there is a clean, free and fair election, the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, candidate, Professor Eleka would defeat Fayemi hands down. People might be thinking on why should Fayemi contest again?

“This is what is going on in the heavenlies where power and principalities rule. As revealed to me by God of Heaven, spirit of vengeance descends and enters the heart of the cabal in the Presidency and the message is: who shall we send to deal with Fayose who has committed many atrocities against God and the Ekiti People?

“Remember in 2015, Fayose equated Jonathan with Christ Jesus, this was a serious sin before the Almighty God, and so, Fayemi is on vengeance mission. The Presidency will use every available power to wrest power from Fayose.

“Only the last minute miracle of the century can make Fayemi lose the election, and save Fayose from being jailed. You see the reason why the election is going to be tough, so it is do or die affair. In a nutshell, as revealed to me Fayemi is on revenge mission.”

Olanguju who had earlier claimed in his 2018 prophecy that God told him that former President Chief Olusegun Obasanjo would not only forgive Atiku but that he would also support behind him in his bid for the Presidency, added that notable Nigerians will throw their weights behind the former Vice President in 2019.

He added, “Yes, as Almighty God who knows the heart of man lives, Obasanjo will forgive and support Atiku for the presidency. And Atiku will defeat Buhari come 2019 Presidential Election.

“Notable Nigerians would support and root for Atiku come 2019. I am not campaigning for Atiku, whatever comes out of my mouth is based on revelation that I received from God. To me, it is idiotic and stupid for anybody to say I have collected Ghana-Must-Go from Atiku. Let us wait till 2019 and see.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/bishop-olagunju-reveals-winners-of-2019.html

Politics / Why I Fasted Against Advice —buhari by 9Ebisco: 8:27am On Jun 16, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari revealed yesterday that he ignored advice from concerned Nigerians who asked him not to observe this year’s Ramadan on health grounds.

He said that after skipping the 30-day fasting exercise last year because of his poor health, he felt that he was strong enough to observe it this year, and did so without skipping a day.

Addressing residents of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) who paid him a Sallah homage at the Presidential villa, President Buhari said

“A lot of people told me that on health grounds, I could default. But I refused because I know the value of fasting.

“I cannot miss it once I can do it. Last year, I didn’t (fast) because I was on health vacation.

But this year, I have done it, and I thank God because it has helped me to be much healthier and to attend to national issues.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/why-i-fasted-against-advice-buhari.html

Travel / See What FRSC Officials Did With N27M Recovered After Deaths Of 8 Edo Indigenes by 9Ebisco: 10:26pm On Jun 15, 2018
Earlier today, the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) handed over the money recovered from the fatal accident that killed eight Edo indigenes on return from Spain for a wedding.

The FRSC recovered over 65,780 Euros (over N27million) and other monies as they were handed over to the accident victims.

The cash was presented by the FRSC Ogun State Sector Commander, Corps Commander Clement Oladele.

It was reported that about eight persons, five males and three females, lost their lives in an accident on Tuesday morning when a Hummer bus conveying them rammed into a Mack truck.

The victims – all believed to be Edo State indigenes, who just flew into the country from Spain, had chartered the bus marked BEN 313 YX on the fleet of Iyare Motors and were going to Benin City for an engagement, when the accident happened.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/see-what-frsc-officials-did-with-n27m.html

Politics / How Nigerian Government Is Tackling Unemployment Problem – Osinbajo by 9Ebisco: 7:52am On Jun 15, 2018
Vice-President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, on Thursday informed Nigerians that the Federal Government would address the nation’s unemployment problem.

Osinbajo disclosed this during a town hall meeting with youth groups, traders, and other stakeholders in business, agriculture and information and communication technology, as part of his two-day visit to Benin, the Edo State capital.

According to him, the government was committed to supporting small businesses, through funding and expert advice from its agencies, to micro, small and medium-scale enterprises.

He emphasised that the social investment programme of the Federal Government was important to President Muhammadu Buhari, adding that 200,000 beneficiaries had been recorded while the number would be increased to 300,000 by the end of June.

Osinbajo explained, “The important thing for us, as a government, is to make sure that we deal with the unemployment problem. We will deal with it in two ways.

“One, by direct employment; that is what we are doing through the N-Power programme. We will also deal with it by giving credit to people who want to work, whether it is the market women, the artisans, the N-Build, N-Teach and all that.

“Apart from that, we will also give credit to the very lowest traders, those who are hawking, those who are selling little things all over the country because all of these people are hard-working Nigerians.

“And we want to make sure that every Nigerian who is prepared to work we will give them an opportunity to work.”

On the new housing project in Benin, he said, “I want to commend the governor of the state for the excellent work that he is doing. I think that by the time I come back next (time), we are going to see some major industries here and there and some many changes.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/how-nigerian-government-is-tackling.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (of 9 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 197
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.