Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,127 members, 7,821,862 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

9Ebisco's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 9Ebisco's Profile / 9Ebisco's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (of 9 pages)

Celebrities / ‘I Am Not An Ashawo’: Pretty Lady Who Has Been Dating 3 Guys For Over Two Years by 9Ebisco: 10:11am On Jun 14, 2018
A 28-year-old relationship expert has taken to social media to reveal her dilemma. The young lady identified as Oby Omalicha Chuka revealed that she has been dating three guys for over 2 years now but sleeps with only one of them. According to her, the two other guys who “she does not have sex with” – are now separately asking her questions about marriage which has led to her confusion over who to choose.

She posted her story in a Facebook group as she urged online users not to judge her for action and give her reasonable advice on what to do.

Below is what she wrote;

I have never been this confused in my entire life, kindly read to the end and advice me sincerely. Please don’t tell me to pray or go for deliverance, I know that already, I just need practical advice. I am 28 years old, I have been dating these 3 guys for 2 years plus, I am not an ashawo cos I don’t even sleep with 2, I only sleep with one. I just don’t want to put all my eggs in one basket cos you never know who would turn out to be an asshole.

So everything has been OK until recently, as if they planned it, the 2 guys that I do not sleep with started asking questions about my people, how they do marriage rites, if I would like to marry them and so many questions suggesting that a proposal is probably on their minds.

And the way this is going, if I don’t make up my mind soon, I will not be able to say yes or no if any of them proposes, I like them differently for different reasons. Please help me to decide, what really matters most in marriage, should I test them with one of my girlfriends to see who really loves me? What do I do please? No insults please I will be reading comments.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/i-am-not-ashawo-pretty-lady-who-has.html

Sports / Nigeria Vs Croatia: Rohr Reveals When Super Eagles Starting XI Will Be Known by 9Ebisco: 9:07pm On Jun 13, 2018
Head coach of the Super Eagles, Gernot Rohr, has said that he knows his starting XI for their 2018 World Cup opener against Croatia.

Rohr is, however, not giving anything away, until “the final moment”

“We have our team in our heart already but we will wait till the final moment before we give it out.

“We spent nine days in Austria, two training sessions everyday.

“This preparation gives us a possibility to see who is fit physically and who needs more time to be ready,” Rohr stated during his interaction with the media at the team’s base in Essentuki.

The German is also hoping that their enthusiasm will trump the Croat’s experience on Saturday.

“Croatia watched us against England and Czech Republic. The game will be a good one for both teams. It is an important game for the two teams as it is good to start with a win.

“They are more experienced than us but we have young team. There is big enthusiasm in the team. You know this desire, big enthusiasm can make a team perform better,” he added.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/nigeria-vs-croatia-rohr-reveals-when.html

Crime / Notorious Area Boy Reportedly Stabs Himself To Death After Complaining About See by 9Ebisco: 1:27pm On Jun 13, 2018
Just few days after complaining of being chased by ghosts, a notorious area boy has reportedly stabbed himself to death in the Bariga area of Lagos.

It was gathered that the man identified as God’s Time, killed himself on Monday at the Odunsi area of Bariga.

Online reports revealed that the deceased was notorious in the area and was a member of the popular Eiye confraternity in the axis.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/notorious-area-boy-reportedly-stabs.html

Celebrities / WTF! Tonto Dikeh Kisses Bobrisky Mouth To Mouth - Photos by 9Ebisco: 10:56pm On Jun 12, 2018
I cant really put my hands on it, but I know something is very very wrong with this photo, Tonto Dikeh mouth kissing Bobrisky, talk about the 2 most loud people of our generation and I don't even know how to take the photo, assuming Bobrisky was a girl, would you kiss your girlfriend like this? No? right and assuming she is a boy would you kiss someone that you are not sleeping with like this? well, Let me just drop this photo here, let me know your thoughts on it

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/wtf-tonto-dikeh-kisses-bobrisky-mouth.html

Crime / Army Shoots Gunman, Rescues Eight Hostages In Kaduna by 9Ebisco: 8:06pm On Jun 11, 2018
Troops deployed in operation IDON RAINI while on clearance patrol along Maganda-Funtua road at the weekend rescued eight hostages who were earlier kidnapped along Maganda-Sofo Birnin-Gwari road.

According to Texas Chukwu, Director Army Public Relations, among the rescued victims were: three men, two women, three children.

Also, items recovered from the bandits included: one red Golf car, one trailer, two boxes of clothes belonging to one of the passengers.

Chukwu added that, “Also, troops on patrol to Nachibi village recovered a motorcycle abandoned by the bandits on sighting the troops.

“Similarly, troops encountered bandits at Maidaro village where they were rustling some cows.

“Three members of the vigilante sustained gun shot wounds while one person was killed in action during the encounter. One motorcycle was recovered from the bandits.

“The general public is once again reminded to be security conscious and report any suspicious movements to the law enforcement agents.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/army-shoots-gunman-rescues-eight.html

Celebrities / Man Buries His Father In A N32m BMW In Anambra (photos) by 9Ebisco: 10:39am On Jun 11, 2018
A Nigerian man simply identified as Azubuike has proven his love for his late father in a legendary manner after burying him in a brand new BMW car.

According to reports, the car which is worth about N32 million was used in place of a casket and planted into the already dug ground.

The burial took place over the weekend at Anambra state, where the late father was allegedly residing.
According to the Facebook user who shared the photo, he wrote:

NIGERIAN MAN AZUBUIKE BURIES HIS LOVELY FATHER WITH A BRAND NEW BMW WORTH N32MILLION NAIRA, IN HIS FATHER’S VILLAGE WHERE HE WAS LIVING IN IHIALA LGA, MBOSI, ANAMBRA STATE.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/man-buries-his-father-in-n32m-bmw-in.html

Politics / Resolve Your Differences In Military Style, George Tells Buhari, Obasanjo by 9Ebisco: 7:05am On Jun 10, 2018
A former deputy national chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Chief Olabode George, has admonished President Muhammadu Buhari and his predecessor, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, to resolve their differences behind the curtain in the usual military style.

In a statement, yesterday, George said his appeal to the two is in the interest of the country, being a former junior officer to the duo.He reminded the two former Generals to recall the military ethics, which says: “We don’t wash our dirty linens in the open.”

George’s position is coming on the backdrop of the recent outcry by Chief Obasanjo that his life was under threat as a result of his tough position on Buhari’s style of governance.The statement reads: “I have read Chief Olusegun Obasanjo’s statement about the threat to his life with unconscionable, natural concern. I have also read the presidency’s rejoinder, which implied that there is nothing sinister in their motives.

“Chief Obasanjo is a man of towering distinction and excellence, who ruled Nigeria both as a military Head of State and as a civilian president. He is an international figure who is motivated by patriotism.

“President Buhari is equally a patriot, a gentleman and officer whose totality of vision is about the growth and welfare of our commonwealth. As a military man, I know these senior officers very well. I have worked at close quarters with the two of them. I have no doubt about their selfless commitment to our nation.

“I am appealing to the two personages as a junior officer to sheathe their swords and resolve their differences behind the curtain. That is the military style. We don’t wash our dirty linens in the open.”

Meanwhile, a socio-political group, Yoruba Ronu, said Obasanjo’s allegation was quite uncanny, particularly for speaking at a time the National Assembly and Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki made attempt at using subterfuge to stop the investigation of some high profile members in its fold.

In a statement yesterday, General Secretary of Yoruba Ronu, Akin Malaolu, said it was imperative of Nigerians to be cautious and not allow themselves get hoodwinked by outcries of those, who know how to turn things around and make it seem like they loved the truth for the sake of the truth.According to him, “Nigerians must not be quick to believe what Obasanjo said, because lies spread quicker than the truth.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/resolve-your-differences-in-military.html

Politics / Obasanjo Under Fire For Attacking Buhari, APC Govt by 9Ebisco: 10:54pm On Jun 09, 2018
The Yoruba Ronu Leadership Forum has said that President Muhammadu Buhari has been more democratic than the three previous presidents before him, including Olusegun Obasanjo.

Mr Akin Malaolu, the Secretary-General of the forum said this in a statement on Saturday in Abuja.

The Forum was reacting to recent alarm by Obasanjo that plans were being plotted to frame him by the Buhari-led APC government.

Malaolu, who described Obasanjo’s alarm as strange, said: “if anything at all was tormenting him, it must be karma that knows his face and has his addresses.”

“If Civil Society Organisations call for Nigeria’s anti corruption agencies to urgently revisit the 16 billion dollars Obasanjo Electricity and Power Development Contracts, will that now be deemed that Buhari is plotting to kill Obasanjo.

“When Obasanjo was calling on Nigerians not to re-elect Buhari come 2019, there was nothing seen as wrong with his inciting and national destabilisation acts and declarations,” Malaolu said.

He recalled that when Obasanjo was in power, nobody could have tried to do to him what he had been doing to bring down successive governments.

According to him, it is now obvious that the posthumous national recognition and honour given Chief M.K.O. Abiola by Buhari and the declaration of June 12, as Democracy Day have become the rudest shock for Obasanjo to bear.

He added that Obasanjo had forgotten that he and many officers were unwilling guests at the country’s diverse detention facilities because of their unbecoming and national destabilisation acts during late Gen. Sani Abacha’s military regime.

The forum’s scribe, however, said that it was time to let the likes of Obasanjo to understand that without them, Nigeria would be a better country to live in.

“We must caution Nigerians not to allow themselves get hoodwinked by liars in the country, who know how to turn things around and make it seem like they loved the truth for the sake of the truth.
“Nigerians must not be quick to believe what Obasanjo said, because lies spread quicker than the truth,” he said.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/obasanjo-under-fire-for-attacking.html

Politics / Tribunal Dismisses Election Petitions Against Gov. Obiano by 9Ebisco: 3:55pm On Jun 09, 2018
The Anambra Governorship Election Tribunal has dismissed two of the three petitions against the victory of Gov. Willie Obiano in the Nov. 18, 2017 election in the state.

The Tribunal affirmed Obiano’s victory in two separate unanimous judgments delivered by its chairman, Justice H.A. Olusiyi, a copy of which was made availbale to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Saturday.

Justice A.O. Ayoola and Justice Birnin Kudu were member 1 and Member II respectively of the tribunal.

NAN reports that the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) and the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) were first and second respondents respectively in the matters.

Dr Chukwudi Obianaso and Ms Praise Okechukwu, candidates of African Democratic Congress (ADC) and Mega Progressive People Party (MPPP) in the same election had prayed the tribunal to invalidate the victory.

Obianaso in his petition said the election should be nullified because it was marred with corrupt practices perpetrated by Obiano and his agents in connivance with INEC.

“INEC should conduct a fresh election and Obiano be disqualified to contest in the fresh election,’’ he said.

In her petition, the MPPP candidate said Obiano was not duly elected or returned by the majority of lawful votes cast and that the exercise did not comply substantially with the Electoral Act.

“Obiano did not score the majority of valid votes cast in at least two-third of the 21 council areas in Anambra in the election; thus his return by the third respondent is unconstitutional, irregular, null and void and of no effect whatsoever,’’ she said.

The Certified True Copy (CTC) of the judgments made available to NAN on Friday by the Tribunal said Okechukwu could not substantiate her claims of electoral malpractice with credible evidence.

It said those allegedly involved in vote-buying and polling units where the alleged corrupt practices took place were not mentioned, and that only one witness was not enough to testify on the claims.

“The petitioners have woefully failed to prove by any credible evidence that the first respondent was not duly elected or returned as governor of Anambra by the majority of lawful votes cast.

“The petitioners have abysmally failed to prove with any modicum of satisfaction that the election in question was invalid by reason of corrupt practices and non-compliance with provisions of Electoral Act 2010 as amended.

“On the whole, the petition failed as it patently lacks substance and merit, it is accordingly dismissed in its entirety, consequently we affirm as valid the election and return of the first respondent as governor of Anambra,’’ it ruled.

On his part, Obianaso hinged his case on the claim that Obiano bought some vehicles to unmanned persons, including ward, local government chairmen of the party and council care-taker chairmen.

He also alleged that funds were also disbursed to them all geared toward the election and spent in excess of N200 million allowed by the Electoral Act, 2010 as amended.

But the Tribunal said though the allegations on expenses were made before the election which it had no jurisdiction, the petitioner did not give names of alleged beneficiaries.

It said the alleged beneficiaries were not also joined as parties in the petition and that the petitioner did not tender any pro-forma invoice in respect of the vehicles given out by Obiano.

The Tribunal said the petitioner listed about 15 documents which he intended to rely upon but could not successfully tender two in evidence, including P1 and P2.

These, according to the tribunal, were CTC of newspaper publications that have no “probative value’’.

“He did not call a single witness to corroborate or substantiate his allegations and did not tell the Tribunal where the unlawful campaign took place nor deem it fit to call any election monitor to testify for him.

“Allegations of spending money beyond permissible limit, massive sharing of money to voters and unlawful spending on Election Day was ‘grossly unsubstantiated and pitiably tenuous’.

“With all issues considered, and in the light of all foregoing, we come to the irresistible and compelling conclusion that the petitioner has failed to prove by credible and satisfactory evidence that the election of the first respondent as governor of Anambra was marred by corrupt practices.

“The sole issue for determination is resolved in the negative against the petitioner; the petition is dismissed in its entirety as it is bereft of any scintilla of merit.

“We hereby, affirm that the first respondent was duly elected on Nov. 18, 2017,’’ the Tribunal ruled.

The Tribunal had earlier struck out the petition of African Peoples Party (APP) against the governor following the preliminary objection raised by the respondents for lack of merit.

Obiano, candidate of APGA, won the election with a total of 234, 071 from the total of 488,771 votes cast.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/tribunal-dismisses-election-petitions.html

Politics / 2019: Senate Finally Decides On Bill Seeking Re-order Of General Elections by 9Ebisco: 11:56am On Jun 08, 2018
The Senate on Thursday passed the Independent National Electoral Commission Act Amendment Bill (Electoral Act Amendment Bill) without the clause that seeks to reshuffle the order of polls in a general election.

However, the clauses, on which President Muhammadu Buhari based the withdrawal of his assent to the earlier passed bill, including that of polls reordering, were removed from the second version.

Adopting the report by the Senate Committee on INEC, Deputy President of the Senate, Ike Ekweremadu, who presided over the session, noted that the controversial clauses in the bill had been pulled out of the new version.

Ekweremadu said, “Before we go into the consideration, let me make some quick clarifications. One is that when we passed the Electoral Act earlier in the year, the President returned it with observations.

“From the report we have here, it means that those areas that appear to be controversial or where the President had some issues. No matter how we feel, whether we like it or not, whether we believe in what he said or not, that is not the issue now.

“What is important now is that to save the other provisions (clauses), our committee resolved to remove those aspects. They may come up some other time but for now, they are not part of this process. Those have been removed to make the rest non-controversial.”

Meanwhile, the bill has already been passed by the House.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/2019-senate-finally-decides-on-bill.html

Politics / MKO Abiola: Why We’re Saddened By Buhari’s Action – NUPENG by 9Ebisco: 4:39pm On Jun 07, 2018
The leadership of Nigerian Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers, NUPENG, said it is deeply pleased with the decision of President Muhammadu Buhari to officially announce ”June 12” as the new date to replace the traditional May 29 as Democracy Day.

DAILY POST reported yesterday that President Buhari announced the cancellation of May 29 as the country’s annual Democracy Day.

He also conferred a posthumous GCFR title on the late MKO Abiola who was adjudged the winner of the June 12, 1993 election.

NUPENG, however, in a statement signed and sent to DAILY POST by its National President, Comrade Prince Williams Akporeha, wondered why no credit whatsoever was given to NUPENG and its sister Union, PENGASSAN despite the painstaking roles played by its leaders.

NUPENG then called on the President to find an occasion to honour its leaders and that of PENGASSAN for their contributions to the Nigeria’s economy.

The statement said, “We also commend the President for conferring a posthumous GCFR title on the winner of June 12, 1993, presidential election, Chief Moshood Kashimawo Olawale Abiola (of blessed memory), and GCON titles on his running mate, Ambassador Baba Gana Kingibe as well as the late legal icon and human rights activist Chief Gani Fawehinmi posthumously for his role in the actualisation of the June 12 polls.

“We are however stunned that such high profile national recognition and honour was offered on Wednesday June 6, 2018 by the Presidency and no credit whatsoever was given to NUPENG and its sister Union, PENGASSAN despite the painstaking roles played by our leaders.

“Without contradiction, the democracy Nigeria enjoys today did not come on a silver platter, the leadership of these Unions as well as our members fought for it, in some instances with our blood, tears, freedom, career and regrettably some paid the supreme price.

“As responsible oil Unions with long road to freedom and indelible footprints we have left behind in the chequered history of the Nigeria, without sounding immodest, we believe names like Comrade (Chief) Frank Ovie Kokori (NUPENG former General Secretary), (late) Comrade Wariebi Kojo Agamene (former President of NUPENG), former General Secretary of PENGASSAN Comrade (Chief) Milton Gilchrist Dabibi and others should have featured prominently on that list.

“These fearless and irrepressible Nigerians gave their all to earn the country democratic liberty. For pecuniary gains and other reasons, some other Nigerians pitched their tent with the tyrannical military regimes, but our leaders were resolute and blatantly refused to compromise or to receive any form of gratification, despite intimidation, victimization, harassment and incarceration by the military despot.

“We therefore use this veritable medium to appeal to our listening National leader, President Muhammadu Buhari and members of his think-tank to look inwards and make necessary amends by reviewing this list so as to accommodate the names of these veterans mentioned above. Democracy cannot be described to have been entrenched when these individuals and the institutions they represent(ed) are not accordingly accentuated in the scheme of things. May God bless Nigeria and strengthen our democracy.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/mko-abiola-why-were-saddened-by-buharis.html

Celebrities / Beyonce And Jay-z Finally Show Off Their Twins’ Faces by 9Ebisco: 10:20am On Jun 07, 2018
Beyonce and Jayz finally showed off their twins, Rumi and Sir Carter on The Run II Tour in the UK on Wednesday.

During its opening night in Cardiff, the show unveiled new images of the married couple’s twins Rumi and Sir Carter as part of a video interlude.

In the new images, the parents are separately seen holding both twins naked in front of a leafy background.

In between the shots of the parents and their latest arrivals, a screen is shown displaying the words “Love is universal” against a gold background.

Fans of the pair were quick to comment on the “adorable” new images, leaving their remarks on gossip site The Shade Room’s Instagram page.

“I’ve been waiting to see them babies,” one fan commented, while another posted: “My heart.”

Beyonce gave birth to twins in June 2017.

They will be a year old today.

Jay-Z and Beyonce are also parents to six year old Blue Ivy.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/beyonce-and-jay-z-finally-show-off.html

Politics / MKO Abiola: Dele Momodu Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration by 9Ebisco: 6:32am On Jun 07, 2018
Media mogul, Dele Momodu, has reacted to the new Democracy Day announced by the federal government.

Dele, on Twitter wrote:

Well done PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI on this well thought out decision… Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DeleMomodu/status/1004438876520439809

11 Likes 3 Shares

Politics / Ekiti Guber: Fayemi, APC Jittery – PDP Candidate, Olusola by 9Ebisco: 9:38pm On Jun 06, 2018
Kolapo Olusola Campaign Organisation (KOCO), the campaign team of the Ekiti State Deputy Governor and Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship candidate, Prof Kolapo Olusola has described the statement by the All Progressives Congress (APC), criticizing Olusola’s visit to public schools in the State as function of “Acquired Political Laziness and Electoral Failure Syndrome”.

It described APC’s condemnation as strange and funny, pointing out that the deputy governor was in charge of education in Ekiti State.

KOCO Director of Media and Publicity, Lere Olayinka, in a statement issued on Wednesday, said; “If the APC candidate, Dr. Kayode Fayemi is not being pursued around by his old shadow of wickedness to Ekiti workers, especially teachers, why is he not also visiting the schools? Or is anyone preventing him?

“What they are obviously afraid of is Prof Kolapo Olusola’s very strong affinity with teachers and pupils in Ekiti State. His father is a retired teacher, his mother retired as a headmistress, his wife is a teacher, and he is a trained teacher himself.

“Whereas, their own candidate is a holder of PhD in war and we wonder why he was not able to assist the federal government to solve the problems of herdsmen killings across the country.”

Olayinka said; “When we read that puerile press statement from the APC, we couldn’t but laughed because we only saw a party struggling to take the minds of the people away from the fact thatless than 40 days to the election, it has not campaigned here in Ekiti.

“If not, why should visit to public schools by the Deputy Governor, who is also supervising the ministry of education and has achieved tremendous results be the headache of the APC?”

While challenging Fayemi to also visit schools in the State, Olayinka said; “Instead of holing himself up in Abuja and Akure, Ondo State, why can’t Dr. Fayemi come to Ekiti and visit teachers in their schools, local government workers in their various council secretariats and the civil servants at the State secretariat.

“The last we have about the APC candidate was his apology to Ekiti people and promise that he has changed for the better.

“We thought that by now, Fayemi would have visited the families of all those that were killed during his four years reign of blood in Ekiti, especially those teachers who died as a result of their demotion.

“For instance, we thought that if Fayemi is indeed sorry, he should have visited the family of Foluso Ogundare, a former member of the defunct Bibire Coalition, a former political group of Hon Opeyemi Bamidele that was killed by Fayemi’s thug in Emure Ekiti on November 3, 2013 while holding a political meeting in the town.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/ekiti-guber-fayemi-apc-jittery-pdp.html

Celebrities / Jude Okoye Flaunts His Amazing Car Collection (photos) by 9Ebisco: 11:45pm On Jun 05, 2018
Below are pictures showing the amazing car collection of Jude Okoye aka Jude Engees who is the elder brother of the defunct music duo, Psquare.

Jude Okoye use to be the manager of Psquare before their split. He directed many of their videos and was one of the pillars that held the music duo.

When asked why he allowed his twin brothers to split, he made it known that he isn’t the head of their family as many people assume.

Reacting to a fan’s comment on his Instagram page which asked to know if he can bring the boys back together again, he said ‘You can take a horse to the river, but you can’t force it to drink water’.

Jude Okoye and his beautiful wife Ifeoma Michelle Okoye recently welcomed their second daughter whom they christened Eleanor Chisom Okoye.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/jude-okoye-flaunts-his-amazing-car.html

Politics / BREAKING: Boko Kills 9 People In Niger by 9Ebisco: 12:48pm On Jun 05, 2018
Authorities on Tuesday said nine people were killed on Monday night in Diffa city in southeast Niger in several attacks believed to be carried out by terrorist group Boko Haram.

According to local officials on the spot, the tragedy was perpetrated by at least three suicide bombers who blew themselves up late at night in three different locations in downtown Diffa.

The areas where the explosions occurred are cordoned off by the security Forces.

The attacks came after a relative lull in the region, thanks in particular to the large-scale operations undertaken for over a year by a mixed multinational force composed of the armies of Chad, Niger, Cameroon and Nigeria, against the terrorist group Boko Haram.

The localities of the Diffa region, especially those bordering Nigeria, have been suffering repeated attacks by the Nigeria-based terrorist group.

Faced with the persistence of deadly attacks by Boko Haram, the region has been under a state of emergency since February 2015.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/breaking-boko-kills-9-people-in-niger.html

Celebrities / Young Lady Survives Fatal Accident Gives Credit To Frank Edward’s Song For Her S by 9Ebisco: 7:48pm On Jun 04, 2018
A young woman who survived an accident that killed two other passengers has shared her testimony with gospel singer Frank Edwards.

The woman, whose name was given simply as Chalene, said she took a bus from Onitsha heading to Port Harcourt and noticed immediately they boarded that one of the tyres was faulty.

She mentioned this to the driver but he ignored her. She also expressed her concern to the woman beside her but no one paid attention.

In the course of their journey, the car tyres bursted and the car somersaulted multiple times. The woman beside her who she earlier complained to died in the accident. A male passenger also died but Chalene survived.

She shared her story on Instagram and tagged Frank Edwards. She told him she was listening to his song titled Idi Ebube when the accident occurred.

She wrote:

Survivor. Jesus saved me. I came out alive and unhurt. @frankrichboy I can’t stop praising this God. #wedontdie. We live and proclaim the goodness of God

Read her message to Frank Edwards below.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/young-lady-survives-fatal-accident.html

Politics / Offa Bank Robbery: What Suspects Said To Implicate Saraki – Police by 9Ebisco: 5:54pm On Jun 03, 2018
The Nigeria Police Force has made known the reason it summoned Senate President Bukola Saraki to answer to allegations surrounding his links to the armed robbers who raided banks in Offa in April.

It said five principal suspects, among 15 others paraded in Abuja in connection to the Offa robbery, indicted the senate president in their statements.

According to police spokesperson Jimoh Moshood, one Ayoade Akinnibosun among the suspects and acclaimed leader of the robbery gang said they were political thugs of Saraki and Kwara state governor Abdulfatah Ahmed.

Moshood said at a press briefing in Sbujs on Sunday: “The Five (5) gang leaders namely; Ayoade Akinnibosun, Ibukunle Ogunleye, Adeola Abraham, Salawudeen Azeez, Niyi Ogundiran and some of the other Seventeen (17) suspects arrested for direct involvement and active participation in the Offa Bank Robbery and the gruesome killing of THIRTY THREE (33) innocent persons which includes (some pregnant women and nine (9) Police personnel) admitted, confessed and volunteered statements that they were political thugs of the Senate President, Federal Republic of Nigeria, Sen. Bukola Saraki and the Executive Governor of Kwara State, Alh. Abdulfatah Ahmed.

“The Five (5) gang leaders further confessed during investigation that they are political thugs under the name Youth Liberation Movement a.k.a “Good Boys” admitted and confessed to have been sponsored with firearms, money and operational vehicles by the Senate President, Sen. Bukola Saraki and the Governor of Kwara State, Alh. Abdulfatah Ahmed.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/offa-bank-robbery-what-suspects-said-to.html

Politics / Troops Kill 10 Boko Haram Fighters by 9Ebisco: 6:01am On Jun 03, 2018
At least 10 Boko Haram fighters have been killed in an operation by the Nigerian Army at Ngelkona in Ngala local government area of Borno.

Col. Onyema Nwachukwu, Deputy Director Public Relations of the Nigerian Army’s Theatre Command Operation Lafiya Dole, confirmed the on Saturday in Maiduguri.

Nwachukwu said that the operation was conducted by troops of 153 Task Battalion with support of the Cameroonian Defence Forces deployed in Operation Lafiya Dole at about 11:30 a.m.

“The terrorists, who were mounted on horse-back were overpowered by the troops in a fierce shoot out, as the gallant troops killed the insurgents and recovered two AK 47 rifles from them.

Other items recovered from the insurgents include one Boko Haram flag, a set of bow and arrows, two mobile handset. and one Cameroonian International Passport.

“In a separate clearance operation, troops of 82 Task Force Battalion of Operation Lafiya Dole on Saturday night attacked and routed fleeing elements of Boko Haram insurgents at Ngoshe in Gwoza Local Government Area.

“During the attack, troops killed one insurgent and recovered one AK 47 rifle, 41 rounds of locally fabricated ammunition and four Improvised Explosive Devices(IED).

The recovered IEDs have been safely defused by the Explosive Ordnance Disposal team he said .

“In another operational encounter, troops of 27 Task Force Battalion of Operation Lafiya Dole, on a long range fighting patrol, on Friday 1st June 2018 successfully conducted a raid operation on Boko Haram camp in Yaridiri forest in Geidam Local Government Area of Yobe state.

“During the raid, the superior fire power of the troops forced the insurgents to flee in disarray with gunshot wounds, abandoning a huge sum of money and several other items,” he said.

He added that the troops also recovered three AK 47 rifle magazines, 21 rounds of 7.62 mm (Special) ammunition, a motorcycle and two mobile handsets.

According to him, the troops also recovered the N2,280,000 from the hideout.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/breaking-troops-kill-10-boko-haram.html

Crime / Man On The Run After Stabbing His Daughter To Death In Anambra – Pictures by 9Ebisco: 9:40pm On May 31, 2018
Mr Cletus Aguluka stabbed his daughter Onyinye dead today with a knife in Orumba North Local Government, Anambra state.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/man-on-run-after-stabbing-his-daughter.html

Celebrities / US Based Actress, Mbong Amata Shows Off Her Massive B00bs To Tease Her Fans Onli by 9Ebisco: 7:02am On May 31, 2018
Despite promising to remain in the shadows following the crash of her marriage to filmmaker Jeta Amata, Mbong Amata is all about the attention now.
TheUS-basedd actress and producer took to her social media page to show off her massive bosom to the delight of her fans.
Rocking nothing but a towel, Mbong flaunted her bosom in a makeup-free sexy snap.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/us-based-actress-mbong-amata-shows-off.html

1 Like

Politics / Nigeria Urged To Exit ICC by 9Ebisco: 6:55am On May 30, 2018
Nigeria has been advised to exit the International Criminal Court (ICC) if it intends to successfully fight the war against terrorism.

This was contained in a communiqué at the end of the 2nd International Conference on Terrorism and Small Arms Conflict in Nigeria organised by the Global Amnesty Watch (GAW) in partnership with the Institute for African Studies of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN).

In the communiqué signed by the Chairman of the Drafting Committee, Mutiullah Olasupo, participants, including human rights lawyers and experts on peace and conflicts, agreed that a special task team should be set up to review and respond to any report emanating from Amnesty International, UNICEF or their associates.

“We demand that the Federal Government immediately activates the necessary steps for Nigeria to exit the Rome Statute and its creation, the International Criminal Court, to ensure that the military can fight terrorism without the cloak of blackmail constantly hanging over it. The ICC is constantly used to harass and intimidate military commanders and troops to discourage them from being committed to defeating Boko Haram.”

Participants evaluated Nigeria’s war on terrorism in the three years of President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration, saying a lot of progress has been made.

The participants noted that South Africa, Burundi, Kenya and the Gambia had taken different steps towards exiting the ICC because of its selective justice and usage as a tool for modern day colonialism.

Discussants include GAW’s Global President, David Falt, Global President; Professor Pita Ogaba Agbese of the University of Northern IOWA, (USA); Senior Expert/Practitioner in Humanitarian Law, London, Stuart McGhie and Dr Malfouz Adedimeji, a former Director, Centre for Peace and Conflict Studies, University of Ilorin Kwara State.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/breaking-nigeria-urged-to-exit-icc.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Ajimobi Lauds Ilaji Stadium Owner, Pledges Government’s Support For Investors by 9Ebisco: 4:14am On May 29, 2018
Oyo State Governor, Abiola Ajimobi has lauded the initiator and financier of newly constructed Ilaji Stadium and Resorts Center in Ibadan, Engr. Dotun Sanusi for investing in the youths of the state through sports. The governor has also assured investors of his government’s collaboration and support in maintaining the sporting edifice.

Represented by the Oyo State Commissioner Youth and Sports, Yomi Oke at a unification football match between Ilaji Soccer Academy and Shining Stars FC from Ido Local Government at the new stadium located in the quiet town of Akanran, Ibadan, Ajimobi affirmed his readiness to revitalize grassroots sports in the state. He urged other well-meaning Oyo State indigenes to join his government in building a long-standing sports infrastructural base in the State.

The new stadium with facilities such as swimming pool, basketball, handball and volleyball courts, standard soccer pitch and well-equipped indoor sports hall was recently opened for public use.

Earlier the Chairman of Ilaji Stadium & Resorts Center and the owner of Ilaji Football Academy, Engr. Dotun Sanusi, expressed his satisfaction with the quality and standard displayed by both academies,while assuring the players, mostly secondary schools students, of his adequate support in making them realizing their dream.

The educationist urged other private sector operatives in the state to invest in grassroots football, with a view to rekindling and reviving the lost glory of the Principal Cup.He added, “By so doing they will not only be helping our society to be crime free, but will also help the country’s future leaders achieve their ambition of being useful to themselves as well as their immediate society.”

Also speaking at the event, Oyo State Commissioner for Education, Prof. Adeniyi Olowofela called for more support in positively engaging secondary school
students, who he described as feeders of our various national football teams.

In his address, the leader of the visiting team, who is also the Chairman of Ido Local Government, Wahab Oladejo expressed his happiness at the sporting infrastructure as well as the outcome of the match.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/ajimobi-lauds-ilaji-stadium-owner.html

Politics / 2019: Presidency Attack Obasanjo, Says He Forcibly Removed Five Governors From O by 9Ebisco: 3:21pm On May 28, 2018
The Presidency again took on the opposition Peoples Democratic Party on Sunday and accused one of its former Presidents of illegal removal of state governors.

Though Obasanjo’s name was not directly mentioned, the reports of events raised by the presidency took place under his administration.

President Muhammadu Buhari had last week accused Obasanjo’s administration of wasting $16bn on power projects without any visible result.

The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, said in a document titled “The real price of change-the-change campaign (2)” made available to journalists in Abuja, that the PDP under Obasanjo showed aptitude in the toppling of elected state governments using the police and secret service under their control.

He said none of the absurdities recorded when the PDP was in charge of the country had happened under President Buhari.

Shehu alleged that during the PDP days in power, the party showed aptitude in the toppling of elected state governments using the police and secret service under their control.

He said, “A five-man legislature met at 6am and ‘impeached’ ex-Governor (Joshua) Dariye in Plateau; 18 members out of 32 removed ex-Governor (Rashidi) Ladoja of Oyo State from office; in Anambra, APGA’s ex-Governor (Peter) Obi was equally impeached at 5 am by members who did not meet the two-thirds required by the constitution.

“His offence was that he refused to inflate the state’s budget. The lawmakers had reportedly met with representatives of the President in Asaba, Delta State and then accompanied to Awka by heavy security provided by the police Mobile Unit.

“The PDP President at that time had reportedly told Obi to forget re-election in 2007 if he did not join the PDP because he (the President) would not support a non-PDP member.

“In Ekiti, Governor Ayodele Fayose, in his first term, faced allegations of financial corruption and murder. Following the failure to heed the instruction of the Presidency to impeach only Fayose and spare the deputy, Madam Olujimi, now a senator, the PDP President declared that there was a breakdown of law and order in the state and declared a state of emergency.

“He appointed Brig-Gen. Adetunji Olurin (retd.) as the sole administrator of the state on October 19, 2006.

“In an earlier incident in Anambra, it took an insider collaboration to thwart the unseating of Governor (Chris) Ngige by a powerful thug sponsored by the PDP administration.”

“Thank God for Buhari, none of these absurdities has happened under his watch but the PDP is indicating their boredom with his meticulous observance of the constitution by calling for a return to the old order.”

Shehu wondered what pushed the PDP to write a letter to the United Nations, laying false claims to constitutionality and alleging that democracy is presently under threat.

Shehu said the present administration had fared well in various policy fronts and there was a long list of achievements to flaunt.

He described his concerns for the poor citizens and the nation as among Buhari’s greatest assets.

“This is why he has led the country through difficult changes, such as the increase in the pump price of fuel and the landmark steps to stabilise the naira, at grave risk to political capital, but measures that had become necessary for the benefit of the nation,” he said.

However, the PDP, in a statement on Sunday by its spokesman, Kola Ologbondiyan, urged Buhari and the All Progressives Congress not to address Nigerians on the occasion of the 2018 Democracy Day on Tuesday.

The PDP said that in the last three years, such addresses had contained deceits, falsifications and unfulfilled promises.

The party noted that Nigerians had become frustrated by “the magnitude of lies and deception told by the Buhari Presidency and the APC” and would prefer to spend the next one year contending with such past deceptions.

It added that the Buhari Presidency and the APC had, since assumption of office, violated all tenets of democracy, trampled on citizens’ rights. The PDP said Buhari and the APC should not be associated with democracy under any guise.

The opposition party stated, “Indeed, this administration should not come close to the emblem of democracy, as such would be an unpardonable spat on the faces of the millions of suppressed Nigerians and the graves of victims of extra-judicial executions under this administration, as catalogued by international bodies including, Transparency International, Amnesty International and even the United States Department of State.

“Instead of celebrating democracy, Nigerians are today groaning in regret for electing an administration that has completely turned against them, engaging in clampdown with utmost impunity, setting aside our constitutional provisions and desecrating all democratically established institutions.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/2019-presidency-attack-obasanjo-says-he.html

Politics / Gov. Ugwuanyi Inaugurates 1000 Youths To Clean Up Enugu by 9Ebisco: 8:27pm On May 27, 2018
Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State, yesterday, amid excitement inaugurated the 1000 youths recently engaged by his administration to clean up the state under the Enugu Clean Team Project.

Inaugurating the scheme at the popular Michael Okpara, Square, Enugu, Gov. Ugwuanyi stated that the project was in keeping with his administration’s vision and promise to create a cleaner, safer and healthier environment for the people of the state.

The governor added that the project will not only help reduce the risk of epidemics and other health hazards but will also help to improve the aesthetic outlook of the state, saying: “We are indeed hopeful that the project will help us achieve our aspiration of making Enugu the cleanest state in the country”.

He further stated that the project was also in line with the state government’s roadmap for generating employment and creating avenues to engage the teeming population of youths in the development process of the state.

“Accordingly, 1000 Enugu State youths have been recruited to participate in the project. This vision had also guided the creation of other youth development and empowerment schemes that are already being implemented in the state”, Gov. Ugwuanyi explained.

Promising that the state government will continue to provide the team with the necessary equipment and other enablers that will it function effectively, the governor charged the newly recruited youths to approach their duties with patriotic diligence and commitment for the full actualization of the initiative.

The governor, however noted that the task of keeping the environment clean should not be left to government agencies alone, urging residents, institutions and private agencies to join hands in ensuring a clean and healthy environment.

Earlier in his address, the Coordinator of Enugu Clean Team Project, Rev. Fr. Michael Amobi Ogbu expressed gratitude to Gov. Ugwuanyi for initiating the project and sustaining it thus far, disclosing that “we have been equipped with the needed paraphernalia for the project’s take-off, functioning effectively and efficiently”.

He added that members of the team have been trained and devoted to daily sanitation at their duty posts “on individual basis and collectively on weekends”, declaring: “There is no going back in the inner drive for “A Cleaner and Healthier Enugu State”.

Reacting to the development, a cross section of residents of Enugu who witnessed the ceremony has commended Gov. Ugwuanyi for his brave initiative in launching the project, saying that it was a demonstration of his untiring commitment to employment generation and social services and good governance in the state in line with his administration’s four-point agenda.

They stated that the initiative was the first of its kind in the state, adding that it will not only ensure that the state is cleaner and healthier, but will also provide employment for the unemployed youth to better their lives.

Dr. Chidi Nzeobi, a resident of Independence Layout, Enugu, applauded the governor for the unique innovations his administration has brought to bear in the governance of the state, saying that it gladdens his heart that the programmes and policies of the governor are people-centered.

“I came here not just to witness this epoch-making event, but because I m happy and satisfied with the innovative style of leadership of this governor, Gburugburu. His leadership and programmes touch the lives of the commoners, the ordinary people.

“1000 youths is not just a small number, and as we heard him speak here a while ago, he said he will increase the number to 2000. This is great. It means Enugu will be cleaner and healthier and more unemployed youths will be gainfully employed. I sincerely commend him for his good works in Enugu State”, he said.

Gov. Ugwuanyi shortly after the event inspected the ongoing evacuation of refuse dump at Ogui Nike site by Enugu – Port Harcout expressway that had been in existence in the past 12 years without any intervention.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/gov-ugwuanyi-inaugurates-1000-youths-to.html

Celebrities / I Love You – Tekno Praises Lola Rae Following Birth Of Their Child by 9Ebisco: 6:08am On May 27, 2018
Tekno and Lola Rae are proud parents of a baby girl .

In 2017 Tekno and Nigerian-born British singer Lola Rae sparked dating rumours which they confirmed in July.

Fast forward almost a year after, and it looks like the couple have welcomed their first child together.

Tekno posted a photo on Instagram today of himself holding the hands of a baby and he captioned with a lot of heart emojis and the name ‘Skye’.

Look’s like Tekno the league of baby fathers although this case might be different as he is totally in love with Rae.

See below;

He also posted a photo of Lola Rae with a cute caption ;

“You are the strongest!!! I love you”… and his fans have interpreted as Lola Rae being the mother of his child.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/i-love-you-tekno-praises-lola-rae.html

Celebrities / Zainab Balogun Shares Photos From Honeymoon In Thailand by 9Ebisco: 6:35am On May 26, 2018
Newly married Nollywood actress Zainab Balogun just shared photos from her honeymoon in Thailand and it appears she is having the time of her life.

Sharing the photos, she wrote;

I made it to Coral Island �

1: We drove for over an hour from Bangkok to Pattaya City.This beachside destination is very popular among party tourists. There’s a strip of clubs along the main street for mostly house music.

2:There are boats leaving Pattaya for other islands that you can visit such as Coral Island. Here you can enjoy snorkelling , Scuba diving, deep sea fishing and more.

3: Guess who got a taste of Thai beer today �. Not bad �� –

Day 2: I started my day visiting the giant Buddha at the Gold Buddha Temple. Here’s today #ThaiThrees

1: Historically the Thai people were very rich in Gold. During the Burmese–Siamese war they would often hide their riches in plain sight. This Buddha was originally covered in stucco until one day it was being moved and a crack was discovered revealing the 24k Gold underneath.

2: The Buddha temple is very sacred to the people. No shoes, hats or excess display of skin allowed in the temple. You will be sent home with any short sleeves or lace accents. –
3: My pants were a winner today. Everybody wanted a picture with the brown Afro girl with the red pants.

Day 3: I had my first Thai dessert today! � Fresh coconut ice cream with sticky rice and peanuts from the Damnoen Saduak floating market. Peep my #ThaiThrees today.

1: My @abaytour guide said she wanted me to experience real Thai life and see how some locals make a living. We went to the floating market which is literally a market on water �. Everything is as fresh as it can get because it comes in straight from the sea. As you can see I’m in a boat down the canal where other boats display their goods and pull you aside with a stick if you’re interested in making a purchase. It was such a unique experience.

2: I had the best noodle soup I’ve ever tasted at the market where once agin you’re watching your meal being made from a boat. –

3: I found out today that Kun Joy’s older brother is champion boxer; Sagat Petchyindee who “Sagat” from the Street Fighter game series was created after. I get to meet him on Saturday! How cool is that?

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/zainab-balogun-shares-photos-from.html

Celebrities / ‘I Am Not Gay, I Only Have Sex With Women’ – Bobrisky by 9Ebisco: 10:20am On May 25, 2018
Popular Nigerian cross dresser, Bobrisky has reacted to the widely held belief that he is gay by declaring that he only sleeps with women.

Bobrisky who disclosed that he is not even sure of his gender as he very much loves to be a girl in the interview with BigSam, also talked about buying a G-Wagon,earning 600,000 in a week, how he would love to get pregnant and taking pills to grow boobs.

Here is a video of the interview below;

Bobrisky had before now, opened up on his sexuality. The internet personality who denied several times being gay, admitted that he is in a relationship with an influential male politician. Bobrisky revealed this on his Instagram page while chiding his critics.

He wrote…

‘’All this house boys and girls coming to drop comment on page are you all stupid.

‘’Do you think your hate comments can change me? Why are you trying so hard to get my attention?

’Bleep off my page and go and find something meaningful to do with your life. Just this morning I have made up to 750, 000 hustle still continue. You are here wasting your Mb on someone else life style.

‘’If all your insult bothered me I should have stopped posting here.

‘’Yes am gay, I will go to hell fire, thanks. Please what next? I’m tired of the same words, I want to hear something new, cheers!’’

However, Frontline lawyer and Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), Festus Keyamo who reacted to the post said Bobrisky cannot be jailed for publicly admitting he is homosexual, unless caught in the act.

“For me, you have to be caught in the act,” he said.

“Yes, it may amount to corrupting public moral when you go on social media to announce you are gay but we are talking about the law here and not sentiment and if we are talking about the law, the person has to be caught in the act.”

“Except the person says he is gay and refers to a particular gay act that can be verified. For example, if Mr. A comes out on social media to say I am a thief, he cannot be arrested because his declaration that he is a thief cannot be linked to a particular act of stealing.”

“Anybody can come out to say I am a kidnapper but if you do not link that declaration to a particular incident that happened, that person cannot be arrested.”

“So also, if a person comes out to say I am gay and you can’t link it to a particular gay act that actually happened or that he was caught in the act, I think it is wrong for such a person to be arrested.”

“You can only be arrested when you consent to the act that can be verified. He can be arrested for saying that he is gay but it must be linked to a gay act that happened. You cannot be arrested for just saying you are gay,” Keyamo said

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/i-am-not-gay-i-only-have-sex-with-women.html

Celebrities / “I Wanna Be Your Son, I’m Not Requesting For Your Money” – Old Fan Tells Tboss, by 9Ebisco: 9:29pm On May 23, 2018
Reality star, Tokunbo Idowu popularly known as TBoss has gotten a request from a man who looks older than her, to be his mother. Lol!

The controversial former big brother Naija housemate while asking rhetorically why stuffs like this always happens to her revealed on social media that the man who appears to be older than her wants her to be his mother.

According to the man, all he wants is the bond and love of a mother from her. See the DM he sent and her reaction below…

Tboss also shared some really lovely photos from her latest photoshoot. Check them out below;

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/i-wanna-be-your-son-im-not-requesting.html

Celebrities / #bbnaija 2018: Nina Sets Up A Business Consultancy Firm by 9Ebisco: 3:35pm On May 23, 2018
Nina Chinonso Onyenobi one of the finalist of the 2018 edition of Big Brother Naija reality show, has just set up her business consultancy firm; Honeydough consulting.

Nina took to her social media platform to announce the new outfit which she said was created to promote products and services for businesses.

“It is imperative that we support each other in the best way possible to make our dear country worth living,” she wrote.

She went further to say

“Businesses are struggling to stay afloat due to obvious challenges which are quite discouraging.

Going by these ills in our Society, I wish to support businesses with my social media platform which will promote products and services for businesses registered by my consultant: Honeydoughconsulting and be advised on terms and conditions. Noting that we rise by lifting others, I look forward to celebrating visionary entrepreneurs,”

Nina, born and resident in Owerri in Imo State of Nigeria, loves singing, talking and chatting with other people.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/bbnaija-2018-nina-sets-up-business.html

Celebrities / Ini Edo Poses With Her Black G-wagen Benz In New Adorable Photos by 9Ebisco: 12:10pm On May 23, 2018
Popular actress Ini Edo show off her beautiful G Benz wagon in this new adorable photos.

You like?

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/ini-edo-poses-with-her-black-g-wagen.html

Celebrities / Dealing With The Office Thief by 9Ebisco: 8:32pm On May 22, 2018
Employment as we know it is hard to come by and when you do, you’d be lucky if it pays what you’re worth.

As human beings with needs, one must make do with what they have, which may involve settling for an assured unfavourable environment as opposed to an uncertain position. An office is a place of business, a place where official and sometimes, unofficial, interactions take place.

The office is filled with different kinds of people, the slay queen, the geek, the one who refuses to use deodorant, the glutton, the borrower, the assistant CEO and then, there’s you. Amidst the cliques and clouts, the regular office is incomplete without the office thief.

The office thief may not necessarily be one person, it might be a group or independent individuals with a narc for taking what belongs to others. Office thieves are neither heard nor seen, therefore, never caught. They can only be managed. They tend to steal the littlest but essential things.

These bandits have a trade mark with which they plague almost every office you know. If you’re not aware of the office thief, think about the earphones that disappeared from the table, the bottle water that walked out of the fridge, the little change in your colleagues’ bag, the pen that never returned and I’m sure you swore you left your Samsung/iPhone charger plugged into the socket beside your desk. If you do not remember the office thief just might be you.

With no care for how others feel, the office thief devises new means to operate, however, many days for the thief and one day for the owner.

Bearing in mind the thief is anonymous, the menace may never be caught, there are ways to checkmate his/her activities by making it harder for him/her to win. Don’t make me say I told you so, these are ways to deal with the office thief.

1. Be Aware and Alert

You cannot solve a problem unless you know it exist. Being aware or recognising the criminal pattern is the first step to take in catching the thief. Being aware there’s in an office thief will create some sort of alertness, reading meaning to actions, prior to now, you would have perceived as normal. Alertness changes your course of action. When the thief realises movements have been noticed and attention is being paid, he/she treads more carefully slowing down the rate at which he/she goes office picking.

2. Security/Hidden Cameras

CCTV is a phenomenon that has saved a lot of lives and situations, but it doesn’t come cheap. For those who can afford it, installing security cameras and making efforts for it to be watched in the office can instil fear in office thieves and deter them from stealing. This is because he/she is now aware the office is being recorded and watched. Also, if you’re hell bent on catching a/the thief, a hidden camera will suffice, the thief would confidently do his/her worst. Consideration must be given to the unrepentant thief. Fully aware cameras are watching, they still steal. When such a person is caught, simply relieve them of their duties.

3. Speak Up

Speaking up publicly is a way to let the thief know you are aware. Sometimes a bit of table shaking does the trick. When you conceal your discomfort, you will remain uncomfortable, nobody can read your mind. If nobody speaks, nothing is being stolen. Letting the culprit know he/she has been noticed will cause reluctance to steal again

4. Set Traps

When all has been said and done but still the bandit carries on, the next option is to play the game, only better. For that person fond of reducing the volume of your water or juice in the fridge, a little dose of sleeping pills will suffice, or white pepper. At least immediate punishment is guaranteed. Other trap elements could consist of glue, tape, ink, which ever way Tom and Jerry inspire you will work.

5. Secure Yourself

Knowing all the activities of an office thief, it’s only sensible you secure yourself, label your belongings boldly with a marker, yes, including your food flask and bottle of water. Abstain from bringing precious belongings to the office. If you do not really need your earphones, leave it in your car or at home. Secure your pen to your desk by any means possible. Tying it is most effective. Put a lock on your cabinets too. Lastly, clear up your work space so you notice the moment something is missing. Like I said, don’t make me say I told you so.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/05/dealing-with-office-thief.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (of 9 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 174
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.