Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,734 members, 7,813,416 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

9jaGambare's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 9jaGambare's Profile / 9jaGambare's Posts

(1) (of 1 pages)

Fashion / Price Of Traditional Igbo Attire & Accesories? Please Help! by 9jaGambare(f): 11:51pm On Nov 09, 2010
Hi all,

I want to buy traditional Igbo attire for my husband as a gift for the surprise party of his birthday.
So I want to know the price of these things,

1. Red Cap(that for the chief)
2. Fan(for hand)
3. Ivory Neckless
4. Cane/Stick
5. Dress

I know it depends on my budget but I want to avoid to be ripped off.
Nairaland / General / Re: Teaching Vacancies In Japan And South Korea by 9jaGambare(f): 7:35am On May 12, 2009
ppl be careful i think this is a scam angry
Politics / Re: No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage by 9jaGambare(f): 1:05pm On Jul 04, 2008
Eziachi:

On the other hand, when Nigerian foreign spouse ever wanted a Nigerian citizenship just like our friend's wife here, they are doing it strictly out of love and show of loyalty to their husband or wife, a declaration of their honest intent that no matter how Yawaa the country of birth of their spouse is, they are proud and ready to be identified with their spouse and possibly their children. It more of a romatic action than anything else.

They are not doing it for any sort of benefit because there isn't one to be benefitted with th green passport if not grief. And if Nigerians here and their mindless rulers and diplomats has any atom of brain tissue, this woman and her kind are the sort of new citizens they should be attracting to become their citizen with possible relax conditions. Can you just imagine this woman speaking up positively for Nigeria among her folks?, the empact. That sort of positive publicity is priceless, worth millions more than Nigeria RULERS Pasting the likes of CNN trying to launder Nigerian battered image, while at the same time, millions of his citizens are all over the internet trying to con everyone who is anyone of anything they can get.

@Eziachi

I agree 100%.

@Poster

I'm so sorry for the refusal of your wife's application of citizenship, but I think if you both relocate to Nigeria, your wife will qualify the conditions of application. I hope your wife can get green passport someday.

My opinion.
I'm a Japanese. Yes, I want to have Nigerian passport, too! I love Nigeria. I know that Nigeria is not as a COUNTRY, but it's a very good place. I love my family name(Nigerian), my in-laws, my neighbors, my house in Nigeria, and so on.  But since I CAN'T have two passports by law, I need to stick with Japanese passport. (My children can have dual citizenship until they are 22 years old. So they have two passports. My husband has only green passport because he cannot pass the Japanese writing/reading examination even if he can speak japanese fluently. )
So, after more than 10 years of marriage, even though circumstances don't allow me to have Nigerian passport, I think I am a half Nigerian at heart. tongue
But sometimes I wonder, am I qualified enough to be a Nigerian?
Because I don't know how to talk "PIDGEN" grin Na wa oo!!!
Car Talk / Re: Changing From Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by 9jaGambare(f): 11:33am On Jun 24, 2008
@erico2k2

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! grin
that website is really useful and I think the price is not that bad but I need to do my reserch to go further.
anyway, thanks again.
Car Talk / Re: Changing From Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive by 9jaGambare(f): 2:22am On Jun 24, 2008
@erico2k2

>I have contacted them before and they drove me away with price, you want the website? price is quoted there.

Can you kindly tell me their website please? Im thinking about the conversion of my toyota 4 runner(hilux surf).
thanks
Travel / Re: Where To Buy In Lagos? (lp, Map, Art: ) by 9jaGambare(f): 10:15am On Feb 16, 2008
@Iretia

thank you so much!
MapNTL is a really useful. When I went to Nigeria, I couldn't get the Lagos city map.
(A friend of mine bought me Nigeria road map and I really like it so I hang it on the wall now)
I just wanted to know like this place is here, that place is there, the distance, direction, location, etc.
And for the first time, with MapNTL, I could figure it out!
thanks again!!! grin grin
Culture / Re: Can A Nigerian Man Be Happy With An English Wife? by 9jaGambare(f): 2:29pm On Feb 12, 2008
@yvskc

I really admire your courage and dedication to your marriage.
15 years and 5 children is NEVER easy I think. wink

I have been married for about 10 years and like others said, language or cooking isn't the real cause of the problem but behavior/attitude is. So, keeping a marriage for 15 years just speaks itself, I mean you are really trying.
And we also have a plan to go back to the village after the retirement so why don't you learn Igbo together? grin my time will be after 20 years from now though grin grin
TV/Movies / Re: Tv Programs In Nigeria - Any Recommendation? by 9jaGambare(f): 2:36pm On Feb 10, 2008
@olrotimi, tilly

thank you very much for your reply!!!!!

>WETIN DEY on NTA Sundays by 10.30 pm

today is Sunday so if I can wake up early tomorrow morning(10:30pm Nigerian time is 6:30am in Japan time), I will check.

thanks! grin
Family / Re: Will I Be Seen As The Second Wife? by 9jaGambare(f): 1:43pm On Feb 10, 2008
@babyosisi

you go girl!
TV/Movies / Re: Tv Programs In Nigeria - Any Recommendation? by 9jaGambare(f): 5:03pm On Feb 01, 2008
@mecussey

thanks for the response.

Unfortunately, we are residing in Japan and don't use DSTV.
We watch the channels I wrote through internet(jumptv) and those channels are only we can watch so far.

But about DSTV, sounds interesting. I am sure that next time when we go to Nigeria,
We will get DSTV so your info will be quite useful.

Anyway, thank you very much!!! grin
TV/Movies / Tv Programs In Nigeria - Any Recommendation? by 9jaGambare(f): 2:23pm On Feb 01, 2008
hi all,

I started to watch Nigerian TV stations on the internet(jumptv)
and it's like a dream-come-true for us.
My husband and I are so glad and excited to watch Nigerian TV program live such as news, sports, drama, etc(we still aren't satisfied about the quality of sound engeneering though wink

Do you have any recommendation of TV progaram in Nigeria?
Which program do you think it's good or interesting?

I will be so happy if I can get any comments.

The channels I can watch are: NTA, Channels TV, Galaxy TV, MiTV, Lagos TV, Silverbird TV.

Thanks in advance
Culture / Re: Teach Me Naija Slang Please by 9jaGambare(f): 1:22pm On Jan 21, 2008
I love this thread!

I made my very first trip to Nigeria last summer.
On the way back at the Lagos airport, immigration officer was talking to me in pidgen but I couldn't understand, then he told me that I should learn pidgen! lol

All I know is Na wa oo(?)
so I wanna learn more!! grin
Travel / Re: Where To Buy In Lagos? (lp, Map, Art: ) by 9jaGambare(f): 1:10am On Jul 18, 2007
@simply me

thanks for the website!
seems like its very usuful.

but i still want the "paper map" so that i can bring it back to my home and frame it on the wall!
anyway, when i get there, i will ask somebody,
Travel / Re: Where To Buy In Lagos? (lp, Map, Art: ) by 9jaGambare(f): 12:13am On Jul 12, 2007
@Dis Guy

Thank you so much for the info!!

I just can't wait to fly!!
Travel / Re: Where To Buy In Lagos? (lp, Map, Art: ) by 9jaGambare(f): 12:22am On Jul 11, 2007
anybody please  help!!
Travel / Where To Buy In Lagos? (lp, Map, Art: ) by 9jaGambare(f): 11:15am On Jul 08, 2007
Hi guys,

I will go to Nigeria soon for the very first time!
(I am so excited!)

I will stay in Lagos for a while, and I've been wanting to buy stuffs like this
when I go to Nigeria.

like,

*70's - 90's music(especially highlife) LP, maybe used. Not CD, I want Records.
*Lagos Street Map
*Scenic Postcard, with African/Nigerian picture
*African Art Poster

So, I will be appriciated if anyone of you know where to go to buy these things in Lagos.
Health / Bone-marrow Transplant In Nigeria? by 9jaGambare(f): 8:22am On Jun 24, 2007
Hi Nairalanders!

I am Japanese. (My husband is Nigerian)
I've got some question about 'Bone-Marrow Donor Registry Program'
in Nigeria.

Do you have this kind of program in Nigeria?
I asked my husband but he didn't know anything about this.
He left Nigeria almost 20 years ago so he doesn't know much about current situation in general.
And I've seen an ad some years ago on Nigerian Magazine that said "Mr XX is leukemia patient and he needs bone marrow transplant in UK so he needs Bleep dollers, please donate".
So I assume that in Nigeria there is no program like that.
(I understand the general medical situation in Nigeria)

So if, a patient needs this kind of treatment, Does he/she need to go to Europe or somewhere to get the transplant or die in Nigeria?

Sorry, my English is not good!
But I really appreciate if any of you guys respond.
Thanks in advance.
Family / Re: What Is Your Definition Of Love? by 9jaGambare(f): 8:50am On Nov 11, 2006
my definition of love is, share.
Music/Radio / Re: Best Nigerian Song You've Ever Listened To? by 9jaGambare(f): 6:08am On Sep 21, 2006
for me, as a non-nigerian, let me say,

Sweet Mother/Prince Nico Mbarga

When I listen to this, I can imagine easily how african mamas are like, I have listened to that song more than 100 times but
that still makes me cry grin

I am a very big fan of Nigerian hiphop/R&B/Reggae music but still, Sweet Mother is the best for me! cheesy
Music/Radio / Re: Best Nigerian Song You've Ever Listened To? by 9jaGambare(f): 6:03am On Sep 21, 2006
for me, as a non-nigerian, let me say,

Sweet Mother/Prince Nico Mbarga

I can imagine easily how african mamas are like, I have listened to that song more than 100 times but
that still makes me cry grin

I am a very big fan of Nigerian hiphop/R&B/Reggae music but still, Sweet Mother is the best for me! cheesy

(1) (of 1 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.