Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,549 members, 7,955,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:17 PM

9jatriot's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 9jatriot's Profile / 9jatriot's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (of 145 pages)

Politics / Re: I Thought APC Propaganda Dept Said Obi Didn't Build Any Road Infrastructures by 9jatriot(m): 5:01pm On May 02
If you are referring to Reno's challenge, that one was about school. No body has ever said Obi did not build road, what those who are from there have always said was that Ngige build far better roads that have lasted and that all the ones the minimalist surface coated have all been washed away.

All of these was said before the turnaround and attempt to launder him into a saint Obi.

Devil1Messenger:
Based on what umahi said yesterday:

"You told us that Peter Obi did not do any project on road infrastructure.

Now, David Umahi is telling us that Peter Obi demolished houses to create way for road constructions".
Which one should we now believe?

If you support APC and still dont know you are been used for propagandas and lies, your own is finished.
Politics / Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by 9jatriot(m): 4:44pm On May 02
If we use your obnoxious definition of economic benefit then the road in this video is just okay as it is since it does not provide any economic benefit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-HUv_fovuw

mrvitalis:

You guys response shows the level of education you receive

You guys don't know the difference between economic benefits and life improvement benefits of a feel good project

Below is a list of economic benefits

Now check if 3rd mainland bridge offers any

1 Like

Politics / Re: Bolaji Ariyo’s Mamichula Beach Lost Virtually Everything For Coastal Highway by 9jatriot(m): 4:41pm On May 02
I saw a thumbnail of the video but the point is that many roads can be done concurrently. Here is the thread of attention already paid to that road in spite of the coastal road. https://www.nairaland.com/8073918/edo-residents-thank-tinubu-akpakomiza

My point is, that one project does not have to stop for the other. If the money is not spent then the chances of it being stolen becomes too high.

edogu:

I watched a video on how dilapidated Benin-Auchi-Ekpoma federal road this morning. Wish I can share the video.

2 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: List Of Projects That Have Been Stopped Because Of The Coastal Road by 9jatriot(m): 4:40pm On May 02
If we use your definition of economic benefit then the road in this video is just okay as it is since it does not provide any economic benefit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-HUv_fovuw

MEEVEET:

Why don't you google what economic benefits entitles, list them then tell us which one 3rd mainland bridge meets

That's how to shut people like him up...

Have you googled what economic benefits means or you just assume you knew the meaning... Google it and you might be shocked
Politics / Re: Bolaji Ariyo’s Mamichula Beach Lost Virtually Everything For Coastal Highway by 9jatriot(m): 4:23pm On May 02
Is there any road construction that you know that is under construction that has been stopped? Like these> https://www.nairaland.com/8079024/list-projects-been-stopped-because
edogu:

If your definition of hypocrite means saying the right thing, yes I'm one. I don't care about what Obi or your master is saying. The fact remains that there are roads more important should channel that resources to. It doesn't matter if it's east, west, south or north provided that money is used in rebuilding and reconstructing existing roads that needs attention.

I mentioned a particular road that requires attention, of which I'm not even from there. But seeing what people through using that road requires that the road be given an immediate attention. That's my concern
Crime / Re: Mastermind Of The 2022 Train Attack, Kidnap Of Greenfield Students Arrested by 9jatriot(m): 3:40pm On May 02
One of those cases where, if there was an accidental discharge by the police and this so-called mastermind was to fall down in his pool of blood, being a gentleman, who is supposed not to rejoice in the death of others, I would have pretended not to have seen the news.

1 Like

Politics / Re: List Of Projects That Have Been Stopped Because Of The Coastal Road by 9jatriot(m): 10:39am On May 02
The coastal road is expected to have a train station at the middle.
Ezmans:
where are the train projects in niger delta because these are the 9 states Edo, delta,rivers ,bayelsa, akwaibom, cross river,imo & abia
Politics / Re: FG Completes Dualised Abuja-Keffi-Markurdi Road (Video) by 9jatriot(m): 6:56pm On May 01
If your only source of info is from the lamba king and his obidient crew, you will be cajoled to believe that all other projects in the country have been stopped because of the coastal road.

https://www.nairaland.com/8079024/list-projects-been-stopped-because

5 Likes

Politics / Re: List Of Projects That Have Been Stopped Because Of The Coastal Road by 9jatriot(m): 6:51pm On May 01
You want me to descend to the level of questioning the economic benefit of an infrastructure like the third mainland bridge? LIke seriously?

Please, I'd pass. Thanks.

This looks like an alternate moniker.

MEEVEET:

Why don't you google what economic benefits entitles, list them then tell us which one 3rd mainland bridge meets

That's how to shut people like him up...

Have you googled what economic benefits means or you just assume you knew the meaning... Google it and you might be shocked
Politics / Re: List Of Projects That Have Been Stopped Because Of The Coastal Road by 9jatriot(m): 6:38pm On May 01
Thanks, let me use his exact phrase, even though I do not see how both phrases are significantly different.
MEEVEET:

He said it has no economic benefits

How you interpret that has having no value is beyond reason
Politics / Re: List Of Projects That Have Been Stopped Because Of The Coastal Road by 9jatriot(m): 6:31pm On May 01
Baba, I never fully recover from the shock of that statement say 3rd mainland bridge non de useful say an canoe for better pass.

Person wen fit talk that kind thing non suppose de this kind forum abeg.

Jogs1900:

You wan pursue this guy from NL..Easy Chief

2 Likes

Politics / Re: List Of Projects That Have Been Stopped Because Of The Coastal Road by 9jatriot(m): 6:29pm On May 01
When third mainland bridge was to be built, they were people who kicked against it.

Even the GSM we enjoy today, not many people remember that they were folks who also accused the government of not focusing on other important issues, but here we are today, 24 years later enjoying it.

4 Likes

Politics / Re: List Of Projects That Have Been Stopped Because Of The Coastal Road by 9jatriot(m): 6:20pm On May 01
One of them even said that the 3rd mainland bridge has no economic benefits to Nigeria

https://www.nairaland.com/8078084/popular-obi-supporter-questions-benefit

1 Like 1 Share

Politics / List Of Projects That Have Been Stopped Because Of The Coastal Road by 9jatriot(m): 6:17pm On May 01
Let's start with Atiku's objection to the coastal road. Atiku is more focused on transparency. He is asking FG to be more upfront about the cost of the project. His objection is more reasonable.

Now to lamba king... that one is saying FG should not do the road because it is not a priority. Members of the obidient mobs have expanded on that to mean that all other projects in the country have been stopped just to focus on this one.

If your only source of news is this guys, you would think that there is no more investment in the power sector, whereas just a few days ago, the Zunger hydro power plant added 624MW to the grid. https://www.nairaland.com/8078221/fg-completes-switch-zungeru-hydro

Also, not too long ago, the 3rd main land grid was opened after weeks of repairs

Then, you have the Benin Lokoja road under construction: https://www.nairaland.com/8038895/fg-complete-benin-lokoja-road-within. There is no evidence of it being stopped because of the coastal road.

This is the man in the storm, Umahi trying to ensure Benin Sapele road is done properly: https://www.nairaland.com/8025488/umahi-threatens-revoke-benin-sapele-ologbo-road
Here is another thread of the road e Enugu 9th Mile-benue Expressway also under construction not yet stopped because of the coastal road as people like Obi would have you believe. https://www.nairaland.com/8048948/fg-begun-construction-expand-enugu

Meanwhile, Wike is working round the clock in Abuja to deliver projects before May 29th. If my info is correct, part of the projects will be a train service. Once again these projects were not stopped because of one coastal road.

One of the most troublesome road is the east west road, even that is getting its own fair share of attention: https://www.nairaland.com/7986508/fg-orders-contractor-back-eleme-onne

According to this thread, 260 roads are going to be under construction. https://www.nairaland.com/7875317/umahi-tinubu-approved-over-260
Before I forget, the Aba PH train service, was restored in April and is even offering free service from the 1st to the 4th of May, 2024

Similarly a lot of work is ongoing in the different refineries, power sector is getting attention but some naysayers who only stock in trade is wishing the nation bad have become minimalist like their oga who is only capable of delivery sub standard projects.

The truth is , if your only source of info is from these mobs, they will gaslight you into believing that the air you breathe is not good for your body.

10 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: The Man Peter Obi by 9jatriot(m): 12:29pm On May 01
I do not believe this part though except Obi has or had more than one wife which is not an impossibility considering the age difference between him and present wife.
Obi married Meg when she was not yet 18 years old, so it is very unlikely that she could have had 2 kids already before marrying him.

She could not have been that wayward, except there is another wife somewhere

oneglobe:
SUB: PETER OBI- A Hope Betrayed By Edwin Chukwujekwu & Nonyelum Nwokoye

CONGRESS OF PATRIOTIC ANAMBRA CITIZENS

conpanc@yahoo.com

‘...
6. Just as Peter Obi professes his Catholicism for political expediency, we ask him to summon the moral courage and explain to Catholic faithful his relationship with the Olumba Olumba Obu (OOO) Cult sect where his wife is a known member. It is also on record that Peter Obi met the wife at a night club in Auchi . The lady had two children from two different men -an Albino and a Ghanaian. The affirmed Catholic is yet to wed his wife in the church.

Foreign Affairs / Re: Senegal Adopts Arabic As An Official Language Instead Of French by 9jatriot(m): 10:28am On May 01
Another youth. I recall that the lamba king crew were using him to taut everybody when he won.

Even without a Muslim Muslim ticket, the guys seems to want to islamize Ivory Coast.

I wonder if yeszaddy will post a tweet about the situation?

4 Likes

Politics / Re: Old Threads Of Anambra People Cursing Peter Obi by 9jatriot(m): 10:03am On May 01
E be like say OP de update this thread wella...
Politics / Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by 9jatriot(m): 9:09am On May 01
mrvitalis:

Name one economic benefits
mrvitalis:

Shame me by naming just one... All you guys do is just insult and then run

No body here has been able to name one

Please don't run just name one
mrvitalis:

Still in shock no body including you have been able to name just one economic benefits
Stop pretending not to see where folks have outlined some benefits.

A lot of people including me are too shocked to begin to attempt to respond to this kind of thinking. That will be too mentally draining, however, these gentlemen or/and ladies have written out a few. Even this is scratching the surface.

To even think that you claimed (I believe I have read that somewhere) that you hold an MBA.. This makes it even more frightening.

Georgry:
Arrogance is a disease, basic knowledge of economics will tell you that there are different types of government expenditure, there are expenditures that the government are not expecting to directly benefit from which you are suggesting.

To your question, the importance of that bridge cannot be overemphasised, it reduces the number of car or canoe accident that would have been happening always without that bridge because of the large number of people that use that route daily, that's health benefit..

It also improve transportation efficiency. It ensure smooth transit of goods and services thereby Ifacilitating trade because it reduces the number of hours that you are supposed to use to move your goods and services without that bridge, it also makes the movement of goods and services easier and smother.

That's just 2 importance of that bridge, I studied finance and banking, I can even right a project about the economy benefit of that bridge in Nigeria and I'm going to score an A.

Instead of u people to caution obi for yarning nonsense. You are here typing rubbish.

If u are clueless like ur Pandora messiah.

Third mainland bridges provide connectivity between mainland and island between communities and facilitate the movement of goods and people, which can lead to increased trade and investment.

I now see the reason why all his investment in Anambra is next to nothing.

No future planning no foresight.

Obi should be stone if he ever dare to campaign in 2027.
Politics / Re: Peter Obi Vehemently Condemns Lagos-Calabar Highway As A Misplaced Priority by 9jatriot(m): 7:18pm On Apr 30
In short, you don talk am finish. Very sound logic.

LegendHero:

So all these years, why have government not repaired all those bad roads since none of them wasted money on Lagos - Calabar coast highway?

Government shouldn’t have built new schools too when they can just repair the old schools and all our children can congest in that. Government should have developed new estates too, when they can concentrate on repairing old houses to make it beautiful.
Politics / Re: Meet Adetomiwa Edun, Nigerian-British Actor Son Of Nigeria’s Finance Minister by 9jatriot(m): 6:58pm On Apr 30
It is always a thing of pride when your kids are doing well and making a name for themselves. Nothing else makes a man feel more fulfilled. More proud.

71 Likes 6 Shares

Politics / Re: Michael Chibuzo Replies Obi's Criticism Of The Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway by 9jatriot(m): 6:51pm On Apr 30
Reflect7:

There was.

Many people were abusing the govt when they initiated the project.

Saying after all we have Eko bridge and Carter bridge.

Oga there is no need to lie. to prove your point See this guy's reply above. As a matter of fact, it is called 3rd for the reasons above.

Mandate1:
there was no major bridge linking the island with the mainland when IBB initiated it. On the other hand, we have an existing road infrastructure linking east and west.

3 Likes

Politics / Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by 9jatriot(m): 6:45pm On Apr 30
It is like you do not understand these people. If you suggest ferry, they will ask you what is the relevance of ferry when you can use ordinary canoe.

God forbid...
Jogs1900:

With this level of reasoning, na ferry we suppose dey enter from Ojota to Maryland or from Costain to CMS?

5 Likes

Politics / Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by 9jatriot(m): 6:38pm On Apr 30
It is the level of their thinking that frightens me.

Please I do not even believe trying to discuss the relevance of 3rd mainland bridge is necessary. I suggest you do not bother....

They used to say, when it is raining, you do not need to tell a blind man, but this his argument off me abeg

Jogs1900:

Reduction of travel time from 6 hours from Lagos island to Lagos mainland to just 30 minutes...
What can you say about this?
It's the busiest road in Nigeria..Any objection?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Politics / Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by 9jatriot(m): 6:35pm On Apr 30
Yes I have nothing to say to a minimalist like his oga who thinks that 3rd main is not useful that we should be using canoes or ferries instead.

Where in the name of whoever you believe will I start the argument with you? Ferry fairy vs bridge

mrvitalis:

Typical running away from the argument because u have nothing to say

7 Likes

Politics / Re: Michael Chibuzo Replies Obi's Criticism Of The Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway by 9jatriot(m): 6:26pm On Apr 30
One of the key importance of this road that I have not heard anyone mention is that it will take the tankers that go to buy petroleum products from Dangotte away from the regular express roads, for at least a major part of the road depending on where the trucks are going to.

The second question as to why they are not starting from Calabar I believe was already answered by the minister where he already said, the Calabar end will start in October also.

This project by the grace of God will succeed, naysayers can keep their negative energy to themselves.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Politics / Re: Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by 9jatriot(m): 6:21pm On Apr 30
What can mere men do against such senseless hate. --- Theoden, king of Rohan

mrvitalis:

You said plenty thing and said nothing... What exactly is the economic benefit of 3rd mainland bridge

It has zero economic benefits as it doesn't generate revenue

Is it a bad project no... But it's a feel good projects my only issues with feel good projects are when they are build in period of economic hardship or built with borrowed funds

You empty guys just shout and make zero point

17 Likes 2 Shares

Politics / Popular Obi Supporter Questions The Benefit Of 3rd Mainland Bridge by 9jatriot(m): 6:14pm On Apr 30
This guy here is a popular supporter of Peter Obi. this statement below was made on a thread where Peter Obi condemned the relevance of the coastal road.

This guy here while trying to make his point and support their oga, questioned what the economic benefit of the third mainland bride is?

It is important for people who think they are being fairminded to know the kind of people they are dealing with. Why they may pretend to be using logic, but the real motive behind their actions is pure hatred.

Give them news like APC steal 15 trillion they will be happy, but now that the news about a possible 15trillion being invested in a massive project like the coastal road, their main oga has been tweeting up and down, while the foot soldiers like this one are everywhere trying to gaslight people to hate the project.

mrvitalis:

And what is the economic benefits of 3rd mainland bridge?

A simple fairy system that can carry people and car would do and generate billions

All you APC people know is to build worthless projects that u can brag with, that's all

For you that's governance

GDP growth, HDI and other relevant development stats means nothing to you

2 Likes 2 Shares

Politics / Re: Michael Chibuzo Replies Obi's Criticism Of The Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway by 9jatriot(m): 6:07pm On Apr 30
Folks see question human being de ask. Anytime that bridge is closed for maintenance work, most of Lagos feels it, yet see the kind of questions you are asking.

Some of you guys are evil at heart.

Because of this statement, I will double my support for the coastal road.

mrvitalis:

And what is the economic benefits of 3rd mainland bridge?

A simple fairy system that can carry people and car would do and generate billions

All you APC people know is to build worthless projects that u can brag with, that's all

For you that's governance

GDP growth, HDI and other relevant development stats means nothing to you

21 Likes 3 Shares

Politics / Re: Michael Chibuzo Replies Obi's Criticism Of The Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway by 9jatriot(m): 6:04pm On Apr 30
When American wanted to land a man on the moon in 1963, there were a lot of folks who told them it was impossible.

By Nigerian standards, this is an audacious project, but many countries no longer see projects like this as a big deal. If we succeed at this and by God, we will succeed, it will raise our profile and confidence level to do bigger things.

You can decide to leave the money in the account for some people to use to pay the school fees of just their kids or we can spend the money on big projects like this. If I am to choose, I will chose this project over and over again.

nedu666:

You can't run both given limited resources. It makes sense to complete one before starting another. The east west road has been going on for over 13 years. What makes you think that tinubu will complete lagos coastal road in 8 years. Forget all the talk of private sector bringing 15 trillion to complete the road. No one has that kind of money to sink in a project

9 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: Michael Chibuzo Replies Obi's Criticism Of The Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway by 9jatriot(m): 5:50pm On Apr 30
Exactly,

I wont be surprised that there must have been public outcry then on why the need for 3rd main land bridge back in the days.
opamoses1:

Same thing for 3rd mainland bridge or 2nd Niger bridge. There were already existing routes.

9 Likes

Politics / Re: Michael Chibuzo Replies Obi's Criticism Of The Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway by 9jatriot(m): 5:49pm On Apr 30
It does make a lot of sense. There is practically only one road between Lagos and Benin, so even people going to the East or South South can end up spending hours on the road if there is traffic at Ore.

I still do not understand why anyone believes that things cannot run concurrently.
nedu666:

Would it make sense to construct another lagos Ibadan expressway that goes tru the Bush when there is an existing road. Or imagine construction of another steel mill while ajoakuta is left to rot.

15 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: Michael Chibuzo Replies Obi's Criticism Of The Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway by 9jatriot(m): 5:32pm On Apr 30
Is there anything wrong in doing the 2 at once. Must people do only linear projects? Is it a crime to do concurrent projects? Questions....

nedu666:
Rubbish reply. The east west road connects lagos and all Niger Delta states. The new costal Road does the same except it has railways. [b]Now common sense dictates you complete the east west road before embarking on a new road. [/b]The east west road is not completed, the portion done are in bad shape yet you start a new road

24 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (of 145 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.