Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,570 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:23 PM

9jvirgin's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 9jvirgin's Profile / 9jvirgin's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 45 pages)

Politics / Re: How Much Is Petrol Being Sold In Your Area? by 9jvirgin(m): 4:57pm On Sep 17
Nigerians will suffer indescribable pains in the hands of APC.

7 Likes 1 Share

Foreign Affairs / Re: Breaking: Taylor Swift’s Endorsement Causes Spike For Voter Registration Search by 9jvirgin(m): 4:12am On Sep 12
saintokwuluora:
You guys are being deceived by the Mainstrean Fake News Media like CNN...

Most of you half or no education people lack wisdom and just post garbage. Washington post made a remark about 300k people clicked and registered to vote after Swift’s endorsement of Harris and the next B.S from you is about CNN? What has CNN got to do with this? Trump has completely messed up your brain! Do you know that some of the 300k will vote for Trump? Use your 🧠

3 Likes

Foreign Affairs / Re: Breaking: Taylor Swift’s Endorsement Causes Spike For Voter Registration Search by 9jvirgin(m): 1:33am On Sep 12
Kamala Harris will become the 47th president of the United States.

1 Like

Foreign Affairs / Breaking: Taylor Swift’s Endorsement Causes Spike For Voter Registration Search by 9jvirgin(m): 1:32am On Sep 12
Mind you, the graph below isn’t to scale. It simply shows the peak interest in both terms over the three-hour period displayed.

The biggest spike Tuesday came about halfway through the debate, at about the point that Trump was being asked about his role in the riot at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. Search interest tapered off as the debate wound down. And then, when Swift’s endorsement dropped, it jumped back up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/09/11/taylor-swift-endorses-searches-voter-registration-jump/

Foreign Affairs / Taylor Swift endorses Kamala Harris after presidential debate by 9jvirgin(m): 4:14am On Sep 11
Pop superstar Taylor Swift endorsed Vice President Kamala Harris' presidential candidacy on Tuesday night after the high-stakes debate with former President Donald Trump, calling the Democratic nominee a "steady-handed, gifted leader."

"I will be casting my vote for Kamala Harris and Tim Walz in the 2024 Presidential Election," Swift said in a post on Instagram to her more than 283 million followers. "I’m voting for @kamalaharris because she fights for the rights and causes I believe need a warrior to champion them. I think she is a steady-handed, gifted leader and I believe we can accomplish so much more in this country if we are led by calm and not chaos."

Swift went on to say that she was "heartened and impressed" by Harris' selection of Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz as her running mate, praising him as a champion of "LGBTQ+ rights, IVF and a woman's right to own her body for decades."

"I’ve done my research, and I’ve made my choice," the Grammy-winning artist added. "Your research is all yours to do, and the choice is yours to make. I also want to say, especially to first time voters: Remember that in order to vote, you have to be registered! I also find it’s much easier to vote early. I’ll link where to register and find early voting dates and info in my story."

Swift, 34, signed her post "Childless Cat Lady" — a reference to language used by Trump's running mate, Sen. JD Vance, R-Ohio, to describe women who do not have kids. Swift included a photo of herself holding her cat, Benjamin Button, who has graced the cover of Time magazine with the singer.

Swift's endorsement came as a surprise to the Harris campaign, two campaign officials told NBC News. The campaign views the singer's backing as part of a "decisive victory" for the vice president on the debate stage and speaks to her ability to attract support, one of the officials said.

Like many of you, I watched the debate tonight. If you haven’t already, now is a great time to do your research on the issues at hand and the stances these candidates take on the topics that matter to you the most. As a voter, I make sure to watch and read everything I can about their proposed policies and plans for this country.

Recently I was made aware that AI of ‘me’ falsely endorsing Donald Trump’s presidential run was posted to his site. It really conjured up my fears around AI, and the dangers of spreading misinformation. It brought me to the conclusion that I need to be very transparent about my actual plans for this election as a voter. The simplest way to combat misinformation is with the truth.

I will be casting my vote for Kamala Harris and Tim Walz in the 2024 Presidential Election. I’m voting for @kamalaharris because she fights for the rights and causes I believe need a warrior to champion them. I think she is a steady-handed, gifted leader and I believe we can accomplish so much more in this country if we are led by calm and not chaos. I was so heartened and impressed by her selection of running mate @timwalz, who has been standing up for LGBTQ+ rights, IVF, and a woman’s right to her own body for decades.

I’ve done my research, and I’ve made my choice. Your research is all yours to do, and the choice is yours to make. I also want to say, especially to first time voters: Remember that in order to vote, you have to be registered! I also find it’s much easier to vote early. I’ll link where to register and find early voting dates and info in my story.

With love and hope,

Taylor Swift
Childless Cat Lady

https://www.instagram.com/p/C_wtAOKOW1z/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

The endorsement had been widely anticipated. Swift threw her support behind President Joe Biden and Harris during the 2020 presidential election. Swift allowed the Biden-Harris campaign to use her song “Only the Young” in an advertisement during the 2020 cycle.

Swift once shied away from weighing in on American politics. But with the release of her documentary "Miss Americana" in 2020, she became more vocal. The movie chronicled her behind-the-scenes fight to publicly denounce Sen. Marsha Blackburn, R-Tenn., then a member of the House. She endorsed Blackburn's Senate opponent, Phil Bredesen.

Blackburn ultimately won the race, but Swift's post on Instagram encouraging people to register to vote activated waves of young people, Vote.org said at the time.

In November, a national NBC News poll found 40% of registered voters had positive views of Swift, while 16% had negative views. A majority of Democrats (53%) viewed her positively, while 28% of Republicans said the same.

In the Instagram post, Swift also criticized social media users who have circulated images generated by artificial intelligence falsely stating that she had endorsed the Trump-Vance ticket. Trump shared a series of those images on his Truth Social platform.

"Recently I was made aware that AI of ‘me’ falsely endorsing Donald Trump’s presidential run was posted to his site. It really conjured up my fears around AI, and the dangers of spreading misinformation," she said. "It brought me to the conclusion that I need to be very transparent about my actual plans for this election as a voter. The simplest way to combat misinformation is with the truth."

Swifties for Kamala, a group of fans who have no official affiliation with either woman, said they were "thrilled."

"We’ve had no doubt that Taylor would endorse at the right time and are excited about the momentum she will bring to this campaign," Irene Kim, the group's co-founder, said in a statement.

Trump was asked to react to the news Swift's endorsement of his opponent after he walked into the "spin room" after the debate. "I have no idea," the GOP nominee said in response.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/taylor-swift-endorses-kamala-harris-rcna170547

12 Likes 2 Shares

Celebrities / Re: Portable Slaps A Pastor Who Was Preaching At His Bar by 9jvirgin(m): 3:59pm On Sep 10
This is an assault and the Police should get him arrested immediately. Violence against anyone should be condemned. This is the height of an open display of disregard and effrontery to law and order.

104 Likes 7 Shares

Politics / Re: Mazi Afam Osigwe Sworn In As NBA President by 9jvirgin(m): 3:27pm On Aug 29
The Nigerian Judiciary must collapse before Nigeria can succeed.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Open Defecation Takes Over 7.8km Along Lagos, Ogun Corridor by 9jvirgin(m): 2:10pm On Aug 28
How can a sane people poo inside an infrastructure on a major highway? I have traveled to Barbados, Jamaica, The Bahamas, Trinidad and Tobago, just to mention a few, and I can tell you uneducated Nigerians are one of the most incredibly ridiculous black species in the world. They are not different from a goat. No brain, no thought. Just pure hopelessness.

105 Likes 9 Shares

Politics / Re: Macarthur Foundation Grants SERAP ₦‎5 Billion For Nigerian Advocacy Since 2008 by 9jvirgin(m): 5:10pm On Aug 05
Tinubu is a curse to humanity.

5 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: Protests: IGP Orders Officers To ‘deal Decisively’ With Arsonists, Troublemakers by 9jvirgin(m): 5:29am On Aug 01
Well, if we are not careful, we won’t have a country again. Imagine the buffon called Asari a few days ago crying not been able to see Tinubu. They probably gave the haneemal small corn he started waggling his tail again threatening and suppressing the rights of his people to peaceful association and assembly.

2 Likes

Crime / Re: Abducted EKSU Professor Found Dead, DSS Reveals Kidnap Masterminds by 9jvirgin(m): 5:25am On Aug 01
For now we don’t have a country, we’re fighting to have one. That’s why we match and anyone who refuses to protest may cry for hunger forever.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Sports / Re: Brazilian Swimmer Ana Carolina Has Been Sent Home From The 2024 Paris Olympics by 9jvirgin(m): 9:59pm On Jul 31
If she was Nigerian, Akpabio will invite her over on a private jet and turn her into Nakamura object and reprimand the officials who punished her. Over 100 billion dollars is estimated to be in the hands of side chicks, wives and concubines of Nigerian political criminal organization.

132 Likes 9 Shares

Politics / Re: Tinubu Will Restore Citizens' Confidence In Government - Lawmaker by 9jvirgin(m): 6:18pm On Jul 30
Am I going crazy or losing my mind? I need someone to explain to me something. How do you say NO to protest by PROTESTING? I mean how do you sponsor protests against protests?

Tinubu’s regime koni end well lagba Olorun

14 Likes

Celebrities / Re: Lady Shares Baby Pictures She Took With 10 Nollywood Legends (Video) by 9jvirgin(m): 7:58pm On Jul 12
Iyanu masele
Crime / Re: Killer Of Gokada Founder, Fahim Saleh, Convicted In The US by 9jvirgin(m): 1:14pm On Jun 26
If the wall does not open up, Lizard cannot enter. People who are closest to us are the main ones to be wary of. God keep us always.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Properties / Re: Three Storey Building Collapses In Ebonyi Hospital, Two Trapped by 9jvirgin(m): 4:30pm On Jun 19
Sometimes, I wonder what is going on in Nigeria. If I had not come to America years ago, where would I be? What would I be doing in Nigeria? Someone told me yesterday that 4 pieces of rodo is N500! That's the end of humanity.

The question is who is going to be alive till 2027 in Nigeria?

11 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: Wike Should Remain In Abuja, Leave Fubara, Rivers Alone – Clark by 9jvirgin(m): 8:47pm On Jun 18
To all the APC retards, anyone who is against Wike and Tinubu is Obidient grin

So no one can speak the truth except they are Obidient? What a wasted generation? May evil befall all you all who are supporting evil.

64 Likes 6 Shares

Sports / Re: Arsenal Legend Robert Pires 'adopts' Tinubu As New Name In Abuja [VIDEO] by 9jvirgin(m): 2:05pm On Jun 15
Poosident Tinubu.

Note that without Obi as the president of Nigeria, the nation can not move forward. Hunger will continue to unleash its mayhem until you all are forced to have sense.

I am Obidient.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Foreign Affairs / Re: President Biden's Son, Hunter Convicted On All Charges In Gun Trial by 9jvirgin(m): 5:19pm On Jun 11
Trump and Biden are very greedy people. Two of them should have stepped down instead of trying to destroy America due to their selfish ambitions. Two of them are old criminals who have no shame and have no conscience. Two greedy old fools.

23 Likes 1 Share

Travel / Re: Dana Airplane Veers Off Lagos Airport Runway by 9jvirgin(m): 12:07pm On Apr 23
The 12 years anniversary of the deadly crash of DANA Air Airline flight 0992 is in five weeks.

The remembrance of ‘DANA’ will bring fear into the minds of many families who lost loved on the 3rd of June 2012.

Meanwhile, these people wants to give Keyamo hypertension grin angry he has been acting like a superhero these days.

52 Likes 1 Share

Celebrities / Re: Bobrisky Fails To Meet EFCC Bail Conditions by 9jvirgin(m): 8:52pm On Apr 04
Is Nairaland now TundeEdnut's page? There are over 1000 students kidnapped in Nigeria in the last 90 days and all Nairaland have is Bobrisky's news?

23 Likes 3 Shares

Politics / Re: Technical Glitches Throw Abuja, Lagos Residents Into Darkness by 9jvirgin(m): 2:21pm On Apr 04
The greatest gift I have received from God is coming to America. If God removes NEPA from the equation, you don't know what this will do to your life.

I forbid the APC curse for my worse enemy.

24 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: Arraignment Of Binance Executive Stalled by 9jvirgin(m): 12:46pm On Apr 04
Do the Nigerian people know that 60 percent of BDCs are owned by Senators? The Senators of Nigeria are the dollar problems we face as a nation.

And when will the real big thieves be arrested? People like Femi Otedola, Tony Elumelu, Aliko Dangote should be rounded up and locked up for stacking up dollars for generations to come. These are the real enemies of the people.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Politics / Re: Abure Carries Moral Leprosy, No Longer Labour Party Chairman - NLC HQs by 9jvirgin(m): 10:02pm On Mar 22
I do not care. If Peter Obi joins APC and contest for the president of Nigeria, I will go with him, I will support him. Without Peter Obi, Nigeria cannot succeed as a nation.

God be with Peter Obi. God be with me.

33 Likes 9 Shares

Crime / Re: Kidnappers' Hideout, Where School Children Were Taken, Busted In Epe, Lagos by 9jvirgin(m): 6:18pm On Mar 17
How can you steal the elections and the future of the people of Nigeria and expect these things not to happen? There will be no country called Nigeria until the will of the people prevail.

From Kogi governorship elections, Rivers Presidential elections....every single elections were compromised for the highest bidder and you expect peace Jokers.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Politics / Re: "Political Witch-hunt By EFCC": Kogi Govt Asks Tinubu To Order Special Probe by 9jvirgin(m): 2:54pm On Mar 15
You subverted the will of the people by changing their votes and you expect to be happy grin. Your end is near. All of you, including your boss Tinubu; will end in shame.

7 Likes

Politics / Re: I’m A Member Of PDP, But Decided To Take A Break, Says Wike by 9jvirgin(m): 2:37pm On Mar 15
You took Mr Obi's vote and gave it to APC and you expect to have peace of mind? You ruined the future of the people you claimed to love by changing their choice and rights during a crucial election for your selfish gains and you expect to be happy? Keep playing! Your end is near.

11 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: I’m A Member Of PDP, But Decided To Take A Break, Says Wike by 9jvirgin(m): 2:35pm On Mar 15
wink

1 Like

Phones / Re: MTN Confirms Network Glitch by 9jvirgin(m): 7:39pm On Feb 28
The APC Government has been a joke, a disaster and an embarrassment to the people of Nigeria. It has been bad luck since they came on.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Sports / Re: AFCON Final: Kashim Shettima Departs Abuja For Abidjan (Videos). by 9jvirgin(m): 5:19pm On Feb 11
In a normal country, Shettima should have resigned from office. This is the worst country anyone can find themselves in. I may not like Nnamdi Kanu but a Zoo is where animals live.

78 Likes 7 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 45 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.