Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

9jvirgin's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 9jvirgin's Profile / 9jvirgin's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 45 pages)

Politics / Re: FG Launches Made-In-Nigeria Barite, Will Save $300m In Annual Importation Costs by 9jvirgin(m): 1:57pm On Nov 17, 2021
No good news from this Buhari administration can excite Nigerians.

12 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: Anambra Election: How Soludo Emerged Winner, Performance Of Other Candidates by 9jvirgin(m): 11:47am On Nov 10, 2021
This guy deserves to be the president of Nigeria. He is one of the finest personalities we have in Nigeria. Let's Nigerians rise and support this man.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Politics / Re: Osinbajo: Seizure Of Funds By Obasanjo Made Lagos Think Like Sovereign State by 9jvirgin(m): 2:48pm On Oct 15, 2021
90% of the revenue generated in Lagos has been stolen and invested in Lekki, Victoria Island and Banana Island. This is why Lagos can never be prosperous.

18 Likes 8 Shares

Sports / Re: Aubameyang, Lacazette's Absences Due To COVID-19 by 9jvirgin(m): 8:48pm On Aug 19, 2021
1. Nigeria currently has no president.
2. The Nigerian Police needs to be stopped immediately before people begin to target them, this is already happening in the East and it could get worse.
3. No one can take over from Buhari in 2023, this is the major problem Nigeria will face as the election approaches.

These are real issues.

4 Likes

Celebrities / Re: Mr Macaroni: A Brand Cancelled My Deal After I Was Arrested At #EndSARS Protest by 9jvirgin(m): 9:26pm On Jul 18, 2021
My support for Buhari is one of the most singular regret I have in life. I regret it till this day. I am indeed sorry.

355 Likes 23 Shares

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: NDLEA Is Not Recruiting – Spokesperson by 9jvirgin(m): 12:59pm On Jun 30, 2021
You're not recruiting but when you start recruiting, you will inform the National Assembly members and politicians who put you there to bring a list of their candidates. After 1 month of concluding recruitment, you'll then advertise on social media and let poor young people waste their time in the hot sun.

What a disgraced nation. The British are now regretting the decisions of their ancestors in bringing this nation to be Nigeria.

11 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: Victor Umeh Caught On Camera Mocking Soludo During APGA Anambra Primary Election by 9jvirgin(m): 3:07pm On Jun 24, 2021
Every politician in Nigeria does not want the good of the people.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Politics / Re: Timipre Sylva Criticized For Landing At Bayelsa Airport He Claimed Never Exist by 9jvirgin(m): 1:45pm On Jun 04, 2021
If I had not relocated to the U.S exactly 5 years and 1 month today, I may have ended up in a Psychiatric home in Nigeria.

251 Likes 19 Shares

Crime / Re: How I Was Gang-Raped By 7 Boys ― 14-Year-Old Girl In Delta by 9jvirgin(m): 12:22pm On May 14, 2021
What a nation full of sick people? How much worse can these get! From the South to the North! All sick! Haba!

1 Like

Crime / Re: Two Dreaded Kidnappers Monday Mimiko And Abu Billi Have Been Gunned Down In Kogi by 9jvirgin(m): 9:58am On May 03, 2021
How many more are left? Liars!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Crime / Re: Gunmen Kidnap Students Of University Of Agriculture, Makurdi (FUAM) by 9jvirgin(m): 1:16pm On Apr 26, 2021
When things fall apart, the center can no longer hold. What does it take to shut down schools, declare a state of emergency, convene an extraordinary meeting of security agencies, involve the UN and take the most dreadful tactics to send a message across.

15 Likes

European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Re: Inter Milan Withdraws From European Super League by 9jvirgin(m): 1:50pm On Apr 21, 2021
With all the problems facing the world, this is the least of our problem. They should sort it out.

1 Like

Family / Re: Divorce Invitation: Weirdest Party Invitation I Have Ever Seen by 9jvirgin(m): 9:57pm On Apr 13, 2021
smiley

1 Like

Fashion / Re: Mr And Miss Unity Nigeria Crowned In Jos By Jennifer Ephraim As Chief Judge by 9jvirgin(m): 9:59pm On Apr 11, 2021
Mr and Miss Unity where there is chaos, unrest, police brutality, kidnapping, banditry and robbery everyday? Naija which way?

45 Likes 2 Shares

European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Re: Sheffield United Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 11 April 2021 by 9jvirgin(m): 6:25pm On Apr 11, 2021
Since I moved to the United States, I don't even care to know who the manager of my darling Chelsea football club is.

I didn't believe I will lose spark for soccer. Leaving abroad is another life.
Politics / Re: Ohanaeze Condemns The Appointment Of Usman Alkali Baba As Acting IGP by 9jvirgin(m): 2:02pm On Apr 07, 2021
smiley
Politics / Re: #HarassBuhariOutOfLondon: Reno Omokri Continues With Protest (Video, Photos) by 9jvirgin(m): 1:43pm On Apr 07, 2021
I don't have any respect for this guy and opportunists like Abati, Fani Kayode, Okupe etc. They're also part of the problem. If they were still in Aso Rock, they'll be cashing out. Reno is a stoopid f00l whose food was taken away.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Education / Re: WAEC Elects Ato Essuman As Its New Chairman by 9jvirgin(m): 4:15am On Apr 01, 2021
EngineerEzeke:

Another fulani herdsman. Buhari na fool

Read! He is a Ghanaian not a Fulani.

1 Like

Education / Re: WAEC Elects Ato Essuman As Its New Chairman by 9jvirgin(m): 4:12am On Apr 01, 2021
Anytime I see WAEC, I think of WAEC office at Ogba back in the days. Everyone there acts like they're god.

3 Likes 1 Share

Travel / Re: Suez Canal: 'Beached Whale' Ship Gets Stuck. Dislodging Could Take Weeks by 9jvirgin(m): 1:00pm On Mar 26, 2021
They should introduce stricter guidelines for these type of ship. Let's see what lesson they can learn from this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Crime / Re: Transborder Drug Trafficker Arrested With ₦1 Billion Worth Of Cocaine by 9jvirgin(m): 6:19pm On Feb 28, 2021
But why these people and drugs, is this more like a spiritual problem for these people?

30 Likes 2 Shares

Politics / Re: Army Restores Normalcy On Kaduna-jebba Road After Trucks From North Were Blocked by 9jvirgin(m): 9:55pm On Feb 26, 2021
So sad! Lord Lugard really messed up people's lives by bringing human and animals together as a nation.

The worst thing that happened to the world was white people's dominance of the world. I have been to Jamaica and Bahamas and I can tell you that the white people have determined how black people will live their lives from generations to generations.

67 Likes 3 Shares

Politics / Re: Kenechukwu Okeke, Lawyer Who Sued #EndSARS Protesters Suspected Of Being Fake by 9jvirgin(m): 4:48pm On Feb 25, 2021
The day I left Nigeria was a blessed day, May 2nd would always be a day to remember.

God bless America!

135 Likes

Politics / Re: Atiku’s Wife Jennifer Relocates As Ex-VP Takes Fourth Wife, New Son by 9jvirgin(m): 1:50pm On Jan 26, 2021
I keep wondering where these old guys get their libido from with all the problems facing Nigeria?

Also, if truly this guy is serious about running for presidency to help the common man; how on heart would this even come to his mind?

64 Likes 4 Shares

Foreign Affairs / Twitter Bans President Trump Permanently by 9jvirgin(m): 1:04am On Jan 09, 2021
(CNN)Twitter has suspended President Donald Trump from its platform, the company said Friday evening.

"After close review of recent Tweets from the @realDonaldTrump account and the context around them we have permanently suspended the account due to the risk of further incitement of violence," Twitter said.

"In the context of horrific events this week, we made it clear on Wednesday that additional violations of the Twitter Rules would potentially result in this very course of action."

Twitter's decision followed two tweets by Trump Friday afternoon that would end up being his last. The tweets violated the company's policy against glorification of violence, Twitter said, and "these two Tweets must be read in the context of broader events in the country and the ways in which the President's statements can be mobilized by different audiences, including to incite violence, as well as in the context of the pattern of behavior from this account in recent weeks."

The first tweet was about Trump's supporters.

"The 75,000,000 great American Patriots who voted for me, AMERICA FIRST, and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, will have a GIANT VOICE long into the future. They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!"

The second indicated Trump did not plan to attend Joe Biden's inauguration.

"To all of those who have asked, I will not be going to the Inauguration on January 20th."

Twitter said the tweet concerning inauguration could be viewed as a further statement that the election was not legitimate. It also said that the tweet could be interpreted as Trump saying that the inauguration would be a "safe" target for violence because he would not be attending.

Trump's other statement about American patriots suggested that "he plans to continue to support, empower, and shield those who believe he won the election," Twitter said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/01/08/tech/trump-twitter-ban/index.html
Politics / Re: Twitter Bans President Trump from Twitter by 9jvirgin(m): 1:25am On Jan 07, 2021
If you support Trump, examine your conscience, think of who you are; only God can help you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Politics / CNN EXCLUSIVE : Trump Concedes To Joe Biden by 9jvirgin(m): 12:40am On Nov 24, 2020
(CNN) The General Services Administration has informed President-elect Joe Biden that the Trump administration is ready to begin the formal transition process, according to a letter from Administrator Emily Murphy sent Monday afternoon and obtained by CNN.

The letter is the first step the administration has taken to acknowledge President Donald Trump's defeat, more than two weeks after Biden was declared the winner in the election.

Murphy said she had not been pressured by the White House to delay the formal transition and did not make a decision "out of fear or favoritism."

"Please know that I came to my decision independently, based on the law and available facts," Murphy wrote. "I was never directly or indirectly pressured by any Executive Branch official -- including those who work at the White House or GSA -- with regard to the substance or timing of my decision. To be clear, I did not receive any direction to delay my determination."

The letter signals that Murphy has formally signed off on Biden's victory, a normally perfunctory process known as ascertainment. The move will allow the transition to officially begin, permitting current administration agency officials to coordinate with the incoming Biden team, and providing millions in government funding for the transition.

The move toward ascertainment comes after Michigan formally certified its election results on Monday and Georgia certified its razor-thin presidential results on Friday. Pennsylvania is nearing certification of its election results, too.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/23/politics/transition-biden-gsa-begin/index.html
Foreign Affairs / Re: 2020 America Election Live Updates: by 9jvirgin(m): 12:56pm On Nov 02, 2020
Foreign Affairs / 2020 America Election Live Updates: by 9jvirgin(m): 12:48pm On Nov 02, 2020
Uncertainty Hangs Heavy as Campaign Enters Final Day

President Trump pledged to mount a legal challenge in Pennsylvania before all votes were counted. He also suggested he would soon fire Dr. Anthony Fauci. Joe Biden said: “The president is not going to steal this election.”

RIGHT NOW
Texas’ top court denies a G.O.P. push to throw out over 120,000 votes; a federal case is pending.

Election Day is usually a moment of tension and release, of anger and some bitterness, but also the closure that comes with watching Americans choose their next president.

But this campaign is inevitably ending on a far more disturbing note. These dyspeptic final days have been marked by threats of violent skirmishes and street demonstrations in places like Beverly Hills. Store owners are putting plywood on their windows, anticipating a return of this summer’s unrest.

Democrats and Republicans are following every gyration of the last round of polls, looking for reasons for hope and posting anguished observations on Twitter and Facebook.

What makes everything even more unsettling is that Election Day might not even end with the customary punctation mark moment, when one candidate concedes and the other declares victory.

President Trump has made it clear that he will not concede even if he appears to be losing — if, for example, Florida tilts to Joseph R. Biden Jr., the Democratic presidential nominee.

Speaking to reporters Sunday evening, Mr. Trump vowed to mount a legal challenge in Pennsylvania even before all votes were counted, which could take days as mail-in ballots continue to arrive after the election.

“We’re going to go in the night of, as soon as that election is over, we’re going in with our lawyers,” Mr. Trump said.

The president, who has spent months undermining public confidence in the election system, said that he would also probably mount legal challenges in other states, including Nevada, because the governor there is a Democrat.

Mr. Trump repeated his desire that all the votes be counted on Election Day.

“I don’t think it is fair that we have to wait a long period of time,” he said.

In fact, even though races may be unofficially called on election night when one candidate appears to have an insurmountable lead, no state ever reports final results on election night, and no state is legally expected to. If states were to stop counting after Nov. 3, it would be an extraordinary subversion of the electoral process and would disenfranchise millions of voters who cast valid, on-time ballots.

Mr. Trump has reportedly said that he plans to declare victory on election night if early returns show him in the lead. But while voters who turn out on Election Day tend to skew Republican, the majority of mail-in ballots have been cast by Democrats, meaning early returns may not accurately reflect the full vote.

Asked to comment on the report in Philadelphia on Sunday, Mr. Biden said, “The president is not going to steal this election.”

Court battles have already rearranged the voting process across an array of states and continued to do so on Sunday.

The Texas Supreme Court denied an effort by Republicans to throw out more than 120,000 votes that had been cast at drive-through locations in Harris County, an increasingly Democratic area that includes Houston, the nation’s fourth-largest city.

Republicans are now hoping for a favorable ruling at the federal level, where a judge has called a hearing for Monday morning.

At late-night rally, Trump suggests he may fire Fauci ‘after the election.’

President Trump at a campaign rally in Opa-locka, Fla., late Sunday.Credit...Doug Mills/The New York Times

President Trump suggested at a rally early Monday morning that he might fire Dr. Anthony S. Fauci after Election Day, further escalating the tension between his administration and the nation’s top infectious disease expert as the number of new coronavirus cases in the United States reaches record highs.

Mr. Trump spoke well past midnight at the Miami-Opa Locka Executive Airport in Florida at his fifth and final rally of the day. At one point, he began reciting a familiar complaint about the news media’s continued coverage of the virus.

His grousing led the crowd of his supporters to begin chanting, “Fire Fauci! Fire Fauci!” Mr. Trump listened in silence for a few moments before remarking: “Don’t tell anybody, but let me wait until a little bit after the election. I appreciate the advice.”

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/11/02/us/trump-biden-election?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage
Politics / Exclusive: Trump Says He And First Lady Have Tested Positive For COVID-19 by 9jvirgin(m): 11:56am On Oct 02, 2020
President Trump announced in a tweet early Friday that he and his wife Melania have both tested positive for the novel coronavirus. “We will begin our quarantine and recovery process immediately,” he wrote. “We will get through this TOGETHER!” The news came just hours after it was reported that Hope Hicks, a close adviser to Trump who traveled with him aboard Air Force One several times this week, had tested positive.

The president’s physician, Sean P. Conley, wrote later that Trump and his wife “are both well at this time, and they plan to remain at home within the White House during their convalescence.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/10/02/coronavirus-covid-live-updates-us/
Travel / Re: Aviation Agencies Begin Relocation To Abuja by 9jvirgin(m): 2:10pm On Jun 18, 2020
The question is about efficiency and effectiveness. Nothing can succeed in Nigeria. If Nigerian embassies in USA and Canada are struggling, I don't see anything meaningful with this relocation. You cannot relocate agencies just because you want to continue to perpetuate fraud and corruption.

13 Likes

Travel / Re: Accident At Abule-Egba Head Bridge Along Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway (photos) by 9jvirgin(m): 8:05pm On Jun 15, 2020
Fixed road without emergency response? What a world!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 45 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.