Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,067 members, 7,956,981 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:14 AM

9jvirgin's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 9jvirgin's Profile / 9jvirgin's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (of 45 pages)

Travel / Ethiopian Airlines Crashes, Killing All 157 Onboard (Pictures) by 9jvirgin(m): 1:56pm On Mar 10, 2019
An Ethiopian Airlines flight carrying 149 passengers and eight crew members crashed early Sunday shortly after departing from the Ethiopian capital, Addis Ababa, en route to Nairobi, Kenya, the airline said. A spokesman for the airline told state television that there were no survivors.

The plane was identified by its manufacturer, Boeing, as one of its newest models, a 737 Max 8. The cause of the crash was unclear, but a Lion Air flight using the same model of plane went down in Indonesia in October, killing all 189 people onboard. Officials are investigating whether changes to the Max 8’s automatic controls might have sent that flight into an unrecoverable nose-dive.

The flight on Sunday took off from Bole International Airport in Addis Ababa at 8:38 a.m. local time and lost contact six minutes later, the airline said. The plane is believed to have gone down near Bishoftu, southeast of Addis Ababa, the airline said in a statement.

The vertical speed of Flight 302 was unstable after takeoff, according to flight data published by FlightRadar24 on Twitter.

“I came to the airport to receive my brother but I have been told there is a problem,” said Agnes Muilu, at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi, The Associated Press reported. “I just pray that he is safe or he was not on it.”

The flight was carrying passengers from 33 countries; a spokesman for Ethiopian Airlines said that the dead included 32 Kenyans and 17 Ethiopians. The Global Times, a state-run Chinese newspaper, said that eight Chinese citizens were onboard.

The office of Abiy Ahmed, the Ethiopian prime minister, expressed condolences on Twitter, as did President Uhuru Kenyatta of Kenya.

The Kenyan transport secretary, James Macharia, said his country was setting up two emergency response centers to assist those who had friends and relatives on the flight.
https://www.africansinus.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=407

Crime / Re: Young Girl Survives After Being Shot By Robbers, Escapes With Bullet Wound.Photo by 9jvirgin(m): 7:44pm On Mar 05, 2019
A country deserves its leaders, cos they are picked from the citizens.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Politics / Re: US Ambassador, Stuart, Speaks On Nigerian Elections 2019 by 9jvirgin(m): 5:39pm On Feb 25, 2019
What a senseless statement coming from a man that has revoked over 15,000 visas and denied over 87,900 visas in just 12 months.

Why not advise Trump first, your lunatic boss who is busy tweeting and preempting the next U.S election coming up in 2020 thereby causing hatred and divisiveness. Your boss is raging like a mad bull on Twitter insulting everyone that does not say nice things about him and your jobless and joyless racist is here issuing a stoopid statement. Your own shame is coming. Watch out!

182 Likes 20 Shares

Health / Re: Dinavir: New Cure For HIV Discovered In Russia by 9jvirgin(m): 2:33pm On Feb 19, 2019
This is goodnews to Nigeria where it is estimated that every 5 out of 100 persons (5%) has HIV/AIDS.
Foreign Affairs / Exclusive: Trump Is Declaring A National Emergency To Build A Wall by 9jvirgin(m): 5:10pm On Feb 15, 2019
Speaking from the Rose Garden, President Trump confirmed he will declare a national emergency in order to secure funding to build a wall at the southern border.

He argued that his actions are consistent with those of his predecessors.

"I'm going to be signing a national emergency, and it’s been signed many times before. It’s been signed by other presidents from 1977 or so it gave the presidents the power," Trump said. "There’s rarely been a problem. They sign it, nobody cares. I guess they weren’t very exciting."

The President argued that he is doing so to address "an invasion of our country with drugs, with human traffickers, with all types of criminals and gangs."

"We don’t control our own border," Trump said. "We’re going to confront the national security crisis on our southern border and we’re going to do it – one way or the other we have to do it."

Trump went on to repeat his past talking points about "tremendous amounts of drugs" crossing into the US from the southern border -- even though the majority of those drugs come through ports of entry -- and addressed the issue of human trafficking.

He once again reiterated his claim that El Paso is safer because of the border fencing, despite statistics showing violent crime rates did not go down as a result of the construction of fencing there.

https://www.africansinus.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=405
Politics / Re: We have mobilized over 40 million members to all polling units - PDP by 9jvirgin(m): 7:07pm On Feb 13, 2019
Buhari ruled your grandfather, ruled your father, ruled you and about to rule your children. Dem swear for you

6 Likes 1 Share

Sports / Re: Professional Footballer For Nigeria: Victor Moses Changes Bio by 9jvirgin(m): 11:11pm On Jan 22, 2019
We are all born Ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Politics / Re: Anxiety In Ekiti As Fayose, Olujimi Plan Showdown During Atiku’s Visit by 9jvirgin(m): 6:41pm On Jan 13, 2019
Fayose the nonentity. Buhari really taught the fool a lesson. angry

20 Likes 3 Shares

Romance / Re: Lady Calls Out Man Who Has Been Asking Her Out But Got Married In December by 9jvirgin(m): 6:38pm On Jan 13, 2019
He was in your box, you did not answer him and he found someone else!!!

What an eediot this lady is.

404 Likes 24 Shares

Politics / Re: Lagos APC Rally: CUPP Sympatises With Families Of Victims by 9jvirgin(m): 6:29pm On Jan 09, 2019
Politics left England as Governance, arrived America as a tool of keeping Slaves and ended in Africa as Oppression.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Health / Re: 9 Negative Effects Of Working Night Shifts by 9jvirgin(m): 10:34pm On Jan 05, 2019
Na lie, if you don't do night shift in Yankee you can hardly get anything done. Night shift makes you plan your life better.

11 Likes

Culture / Re: Meaning Of The Five Lines On A Palm by 9jvirgin(m): 4:24pm On Dec 10, 2018
HIS ways are not our ways. Only HIM knows the mystery of the human palm.

101 Likes 4 Shares

Sports / Re: Dangote, Rabiu Give Falcons N50M & N25M Respectively As Presidency Welcomes Team by 9jvirgin(m): 8:32pm On Dec 02, 2018
Education should be free at all levels in Nigeria.

Dangote can do it, the man that built the largest Church Auditorium in the world can do it, ONE PERSON CAN DO IT.

What a waste of land called a country.

18 Likes

Politics / Re: EFCC Traces N500M Properties To Jonah Jang by 9jvirgin(m): 8:29pm On Dec 02, 2018
How is Nigeria still surviving?

3 Likes

Politics / Re: Speeding Driver Rams Into A Residential Building In Imo State. Photos by 9jvirgin(m): 8:49pm On Nov 23, 2018
Car has no Vehicle Insurance. Home has no Rental/Property Insurance. Never seen set of people with No Brain like Africans.

Why did the British grant Independence to Nigeria for God sake?

84 Likes 4 Shares

Crime / Re: Nigerian Man Convicted Of Killing An 18-year-old Boy In London (photo) by 9jvirgin(m): 2:13pm On Nov 22, 2018
I have given Nigeria a positive view in my work place. My colleagues want to visit Nigeria because of my actions, classic dressing, softness, attitude and finesse. I wish everyone can be like me.

14 Likes

Sports / Re: Nwankwo Kanu Congratulates Didier Drogba On Football Retirement (PHOTO) by 9jvirgin(m): 2:04pm On Nov 22, 2018
I will choose him over Ronaldo and Messi any day. Not to mention he made millions of Arsenal fans cry for many seasons. grin grin grin

46 Likes 4 Shares

Celebrities / Re: Biodun Okeowo Rocks Her Voluptuous Figure In Pyjamas by 9jvirgin(m): 1:34pm On Nov 22, 2018
Where is the voluptuous body? This is misrepresentation of facts.

Meanwhile, China with no Religion loaned Nigeria $328 million. Nigeria has over 35,000 churches and over 14,000 mosques. grin grin grin

33 Likes 1 Share

Sports / Re: EPL: Arsenal Coach, Emery Takes Final Decision On Selling Elneny, To Sign £17.8m by 9jvirgin(m): 6:36pm On Nov 20, 2018
The Owners and Managers of Arsenal are like APC and PDP combined government. They claimed to be making profits but no one can understand or see it.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Celebrities / Re: BBNaija's Vandora Kisses The Love Of Her Life by 9jvirgin(m): 6:34pm On Nov 20, 2018
A non-entity with a no-brainer
Celebrities / Re: Tosyn Bucknor Death: Falz, Olamide, Toolz, Celebrities Mourn by 9jvirgin(m): 1:57pm On Nov 20, 2018
May your soul Sojourn well with the Lord dear.
Fashion / Re: Meet Miss Nigeria 2018 Contestants: Top Finalists (Photos) by 9jvirgin(m): 6:32pm On Nov 17, 2018
I do not see any future in this Country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: Ayogu Eze And The Allegation Of Embezzlement, Opposition Is Not Madness by 9jvirgin(m): 2:42pm On Nov 17, 2018
It CANNOT be well with Nigeria, not now, not in the life thereafter.
Crime / Re: Two Little Boys Kidnapped In Zamfara (Photos) by 9jvirgin(m): 2:38pm On Nov 17, 2018
The best you can give your children is Dual Citizenship, I don't see any changes in Nigeria.

10 Likes

Sports / Re: Okocha Better Than Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo - Sam Allardyce by 9jvirgin(m): 10:51pm On Nov 14, 2018
If Okocha had played with his real age, he would have played for another 10years and become a sensational celebrity across Europe. He was in the class of Totti, Zidane, Beckham and Paolo Maldini. But I give him maximum respect because at 44years old (real age) in Bolton he was doing what I am unable to do at 37 sad

87 Likes 2 Shares

Romance / Re: Fitness Model, Wendy, Poses In Lingerie In Bed by 9jvirgin(m): 12:40pm On Nov 12, 2018
The best you can give your generation is Dual Citizenship, I don't see any changes in Nigeria.

78 Likes 3 Shares

Health / Re: Man Brings His Generator For Child’s Treatment At UCTH - photos by 9jvirgin(m): 5:31pm On Nov 09, 2018
My experience in 2 countries:

New Country; Good morning sir : Please don't use sir for me. Let's go grab a coffee first.

Old Country; Good morning sir : How are you? Have you briefed your team? Are funds available? What time are they setting out? Okay cool, see me later.

Moral of the story : Africans are too obsessed with power.

85 Likes 3 Shares

Celebrities / Re: Mitchell Adeleke, Davido's 'First Daughter' Press Conference By Kemi Olunloyo by 9jvirgin(m): 3:21pm On Nov 09, 2018
This woman is one of the many problems we have in Nigeria. An eccentric, cracked, irrational, zany and a crank individual who is always interested in oddity, misfit and foible journalism. I blame her parents for not helping her when the insanity was at its lowest ebb.

72 Likes 5 Shares

Crime / Re: Exclusive : 12 Killed In Mass Shooting At Bar In Thousand Oaks, California by 9jvirgin(m): 1:07pm On Nov 08, 2018
America on the edge.

The Gun Violence Archive has recorded a total of 47,472 gun violence incidents so far this year in the United states, leading to 12,056 deaths, this is an unprecedented year in America.
Crime / Exclusive : 12 Killed In Mass Shooting At Bar In Thousand Oaks, California by 9jvirgin(m): 1:03pm On Nov 08, 2018
At least 12 people were killed and perhaps a dozen others injured late Wednesday at a packed Southern California bar when a gunman dressed in black burst in, tossed smoke grenades and fired off dozens of rounds, witnesses and authorities said.

Police said they responded to the Borderline Bar and Grill in Thousand Oaks, about 40 miles west of Los Angeles, just before midnight local time.

Hundreds were inside the bar at the time.

"The gunman was throwing smoke grenades all over the place," John Hedge told ABC Los Angeles station KABC. "I saw him point to the back of the cash register and he just kept firing. I ran out the front door."

"I hear chairs being thrown out the window -- people were trying to get out of the window," Hedge said. "I don't know how I didn't get shot."

Initial reports from officers said about 30 shots were fired.

https://www.africansinus.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=380
Celebrities / Re: Thin Tall Tony Photo Found On Gay Dating Site by 9jvirgin(m): 5:22pm On Nov 06, 2018
Nairaland moderators thank you for making us smile grin grin grin Even though its not worth Front Page but you sha want us to laugh. cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Politics / Re: What Is Minimum Wage? - Nigerians Answer by 9jvirgin(m): 5:21pm On Nov 06, 2018
Apologies. Send me a message.

CheapDataGuy:

Yesterday u avoided my mention.
Pls what shud be my budget, if i want to go to Yankee or Canada legally, and were do i start from.
I am trying as much as possible to avoid all these agents. Some of them are fake.
I'd be glad if you reply

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (of 45 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.