Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

9jvirgin's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 9jvirgin's Profile / 9jvirgin's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (of 45 pages)

Fashion / Re: Meet Miss Nigeria 2018 Contestants: Top Finalists (Photos) by 9jvirgin(m): 6:32pm On Nov 17, 2018
I do not see any future in this Country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: Ayogu Eze And The Allegation Of Embezzlement, Opposition Is Not Madness by 9jvirgin(m): 2:42pm On Nov 17, 2018
It CANNOT be well with Nigeria, not now, not in the life thereafter.
Crime / Re: Two Little Boys Kidnapped In Zamfara (Photos) by 9jvirgin(m): 2:38pm On Nov 17, 2018
The best you can give your children is Dual Citizenship, I don't see any changes in Nigeria.

10 Likes

Sports / Re: Okocha Better Than Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo - Sam Allardyce by 9jvirgin(m): 10:51pm On Nov 14, 2018
If Okocha had played with his real age, he would have played for another 10years and become a sensational celebrity across Europe. He was in the class of Totti, Zidane, Beckham and Paolo Maldini. But I give him maximum respect because at 44years old (real age) in Bolton he was doing what I am unable to do at 37 sad

87 Likes 2 Shares

Romance / Re: Fitness Model, Wendy, Poses In Lingerie In Bed by 9jvirgin(m): 12:40pm On Nov 12, 2018
The best you can give your generation is Dual Citizenship, I don't see any changes in Nigeria.

78 Likes 3 Shares

Health / Re: Man Brings His Generator For Child’s Treatment At UCTH - photos by 9jvirgin(m): 5:31pm On Nov 09, 2018
My experience in 2 countries:

New Country; Good morning sir : Please don't use sir for me. Let's go grab a coffee first.

Old Country; Good morning sir : How are you? Have you briefed your team? Are funds available? What time are they setting out? Okay cool, see me later.

Moral of the story : Africans are too obsessed with power.

85 Likes 3 Shares

Celebrities / Re: Mitchell Adeleke, Davido's 'First Daughter' Press Conference By Kemi Olunloyo by 9jvirgin(m): 3:21pm On Nov 09, 2018
This woman is one of the many problems we have in Nigeria. An eccentric, cracked, irrational, zany and a crank individual who is always interested in oddity, misfit and foible journalism. I blame her parents for not helping her when the insanity was at its lowest ebb.

72 Likes 5 Shares

Crime / Re: Exclusive : 12 Killed In Mass Shooting At Bar In Thousand Oaks, California by 9jvirgin(m): 1:07pm On Nov 08, 2018
America on the edge.

The Gun Violence Archive has recorded a total of 47,472 gun violence incidents so far this year in the United states, leading to 12,056 deaths, this is an unprecedented year in America.
Crime / Exclusive : 12 Killed In Mass Shooting At Bar In Thousand Oaks, California by 9jvirgin(m): 1:03pm On Nov 08, 2018
At least 12 people were killed and perhaps a dozen others injured late Wednesday at a packed Southern California bar when a gunman dressed in black burst in, tossed smoke grenades and fired off dozens of rounds, witnesses and authorities said.

Police said they responded to the Borderline Bar and Grill in Thousand Oaks, about 40 miles west of Los Angeles, just before midnight local time.

Hundreds were inside the bar at the time.

"The gunman was throwing smoke grenades all over the place," John Hedge told ABC Los Angeles station KABC. "I saw him point to the back of the cash register and he just kept firing. I ran out the front door."

"I hear chairs being thrown out the window -- people were trying to get out of the window," Hedge said. "I don't know how I didn't get shot."

Initial reports from officers said about 30 shots were fired.

https://www.africansinus.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=380
Celebrities / Re: Thin Tall Tony Photo Found On Gay Dating Site by 9jvirgin(m): 5:22pm On Nov 06, 2018
Nairaland moderators thank you for making us smile grin grin grin Even though its not worth Front Page but you sha want us to laugh. cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Politics / Re: What Is Minimum Wage? - Nigerians Answer by 9jvirgin(m): 5:21pm On Nov 06, 2018
Apologies. Send me a message.

CheapDataGuy:

Yesterday u avoided my mention.
Pls what shud be my budget, if i want to go to Yankee or Canada legally, and were do i start from.
I am trying as much as possible to avoid all these agents. Some of them are fake.
I'd be glad if you reply
Politics / Re: What Is Minimum Wage? - Nigerians Answer by 9jvirgin(m): 1:16pm On Nov 06, 2018
Even with the $18.48 per hour I am currently earning, I still told my supervisor in the last bi-weekly One-on-One meeting we had last week that I am not happy with what I earn and insisted I want an increase and she promised to get me a raise in February of 2019.

How can someone survive with $50 per month salary!!!!!!! God please save your people! sad sad sad

50 Likes 2 Shares

Politics / Re: NLC Strike : Fuel Scarcity Looms In Lagos??? by 9jvirgin(m): 8:42pm On Nov 05, 2018
The money stolen in the government of Babangida, Obasanjo, Tinubu, Jonathan, Buhari, Amaechi, Atiku, Alao Akala, Uzor Kalu and Akpabio is the entire budget of United Kingdom, United states and Canada for 15 years.

It CANNOT be well with Nigeria, not now, not in the life thereafter. I still blessed God for that very day I arrived in Chicago. It was a sunny cold afternoon.

88 Likes 2 Shares

Politics / Re: Absence Of Kalu From Court Stalls Hearing In Alleged N7.65bn Fraud by 9jvirgin(m): 7:51pm On Nov 05, 2018
Kenekingisback:
Stories that is why he staged his emergency check-up in Europe.

APC is fraud. angry

But if he was in PDP he would be your good guy. You need to be flogged silly.

2 Likes

Politics / Re: Absence Of Kalu From Court Stalls Hearing In Alleged N7.65bn Fraud by 9jvirgin(m): 7:50pm On Nov 05, 2018
If a nation wants progess, they will give Sowore and the like a chance but what do I know.

What a cursed nation called Nigeria

2 Likes

Foreign Affairs / Re: Trump: Troops Will Fire On Migrants If They 'throw Rocks' by 9jvirgin(m): 12:14pm On Nov 02, 2018
If that happens, that will be his end.
Politics / Re: Youths Are Not Leaders Of Tomorrow ''former Minister Of Aviation, Stella Oduah' by 9jvirgin(m): 11:53am On Nov 02, 2018
She is very correct! People stole your money, told you to go to hell and still you are ranting online to support them. I myself spit on Nigeria's youth.

GEJ introduced this woman to Nigerians and destroyed our legacy for ever. They stole and looted the treasury so blind and the children of hate wants them back.

PDP shall not know peace.
Politics / Re: FPP Seeks Local And International Partnership For 2018 NPI by 9jvirgin(m): 10:19pm On Nov 01, 2018
Buhari all the way.

God bless PMB
Politics / Re: What Atiku Told Reno Omokri About Jobs by 9jvirgin(m): 12:40pm On Oct 30, 2018
Atiku is a big fat con man.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Foreign Affairs / Donald Trump To Terminate Birthright Citizenship by 9jvirgin(m): 12:39pm On Oct 30, 2018
President Trump plans to sign an executive order that would remove the right to citizenship for babies of non-citizens and unauthorized immigrants born on U.S. soil, he said yesterday in an exclusive interview for "Axios on HBO," a new four-part documentary news series debuting on HBO this Sunday at 6:30 p.m. ET/PT.

Why it matters: This would be the most dramatic move yet in Trump's hardline immigration campaign, this time targeting "anchor babies" and "chain migration." And it will set off another stand-off with the courts, as Trump’s power to do this through executive action is debatable to say the least.

Trump told "Axios on HBO" that he has run the idea of ending birthright citizenship by his counsel and plans to proceed with the highly controversial move, which certainly will face legal challenges.

"It was always told to me that you needed a constitutional amendment. Guess what? You don't," Trump said, declaring he can do it by executive order.

When told that's very much in dispute, Trump replied: "You can definitely do it with an Act of Congress. But now they're saying I can do it just with an executive order."

"We're the only country in the world where a person comes in and has a baby, and the baby is essentially a citizen of the United States ... with all of those benefits," Trump continued. "It's ridiculous. It's ridiculous. And it has to end." "It's in the process. It'll happen ... with an executive order."

The president expressed surprise that "Axios on HBO" knew about his secret plan: "I didn't think anybody knew that but me. I thought I was the only one. "

Behind the scenes: "Axios on HBO" had been working for weeks on a story on Trump’s plans for birthright citizenship, based on conversations with several sources, including one close to the White House Counsel’s office.

The legal challenges would force the courts to decide on a constitutional debate over the 14th Amendment, which says:

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."

Be smart: Few immigration and constitutional scholars believe it is within the president's power to change birthright citizenship, former U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services chief counsel Lynden Melmed tells Axios.

But some conservatives have argued that the 14th Amendment was only intended to provide citizenship to children born in the U.S. to lawful permanent residents — not to unauthorized immigrants or those on temporary visas. John Eastman, a constitutional scholar and director of Chapman University's Center for Constitutional Jurisprudence, told "Axios on HBO" that the Constitution has been misapplied over the past 40 or so years. 

He says the line "subject to the jurisdiction thereof" originally referred to people with full, political allegiance to the U.S. — green card holders and citizens.

Michael Anton, a former national security official in the Trump administration, recently took up this argument in the Washington Post.

Anton said that Trump could, via executive order, "specify to federal agencies that the children of noncitizens are not citizens" simply because they were born on U.S. soil. (It’s not yet clear whether Trump will take this maximalist argument, though his previous rhetoric suggests there’s a good chance.)

But others — such as Judge James C. Ho, who was appointed by Trump to Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, in New Orleans — say the line in the amendment refers to the legal obligation to follow U.S. laws, which applies to all foreign visitors (except diplomats) and immigrants. 

He has written that changing how the 14th Amendment is applied would be "unconstitutional."

https://www.africansinus.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=379

23 Likes 2 Shares

Politics / Re: Governor General Of Canada , Rt. Hon Julie Payette Arrives Lagos State by 9jvirgin(m): 12:36pm On Oct 30, 2018
Buhari I know, Buhari all the way.

All looters were forced out of APC and never again shall the looters have their way into our national treasury.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Politics / Re: How Akpabio Turned To A Woman – Fani-kayode by 9jvirgin(m): 12:36pm On Oct 30, 2018
Fani Kayode is one of the many problems we have in Nigeria, a loose canon devouring light skinned igbo girls since 1979 grin grin

His voracious and dangerous appetite for igbo girls is a concern for all. cheesy cheesy

17 Likes 3 Shares

Politics / Re: Checkout The Ongoing Construction Work At The Agege-pen Cinema Flyover (PHOTOS) by 9jvirgin(m): 1:37pm On Oct 26, 2018
What Lagos needs is a Tunnel Based City like London. You are choking and compounding the Lagos City metropolis with these misguided bridges.

We will never get it right, maybe in another lifetime.

18 Likes 1 Share

Celebrities / Re: Jamil Balogun's Halloween Costume: Tiwa Savage Shares Photo Of Son by 9jvirgin(m): 1:33pm On Oct 26, 2018
Attention has shifted from important National issues to stew and soup journalism. Shame!

17 Likes 1 Share

Celebrities / Re: Seun Kuti Recounts How His Family Suffered In The Hands Of Nigerian Soldiers by 9jvirgin(m): 1:33pm On Oct 26, 2018
The problem with this guy is that he refused to get education like his father. He would have done better in life.

7 Likes 1 Share

Celebrities / Re: Sugar Chika Asoegwu Welcomes A Baby Boy (Photos) by 9jvirgin(m): 12:37pm On Oct 26, 2018
Everyone runs to the United states to give birth to an American citizen but they forget that the destiny of a child is in the hands of the Lord.

I as an example will not be where I am today if I was born in the United states.

6 Likes

Foreign Affairs / Re: Suspicious Packages Sent To Obama, Soros, CNN & The Clintons by 9jvirgin(m): 4:34pm On Oct 24, 2018
If anything had happened to the Obamas, Chicago would have been on a lock down  grin

Meanwhile, there is so much hate in the United states for now. The racial divide is like never before.

27 Likes

Politics / Re: Breaking News : Suspicious Packages Sent To Clintons, Obamas, CNN Offices In NY by 9jvirgin(m): 4:32pm On Oct 24, 2018
If anything had happened to the Obamas, Chicago would have been on a lock down grin
Politics / Breaking News : Suspicious Packages Sent To Clintons, Obamas, CNN Offices In NY by 9jvirgin(m): 4:31pm On Oct 24, 2018
The Secret Service said Wednesday that it had intercepted packages containing “potential explosive devices” addressed to former secretary of state Hillary Clinton in New York and former president Barack Obama in Washington.

"The packages were immediately identified during routine mail screening procedures as potential explosive devices and were appropriately handled as such. Both packages were intercepted prior to being delivered to their intended location. The protectees did not receive the packages nor were they at risk of receiving them," the statement said.

https://www.africansinus.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=376
Culture / Re: Queen Aanu Gives Birth To Twins, Alaafin Of Oyo's 3rd Set Of Twins In 8 Months by 9jvirgin(m): 7:07pm On Oct 22, 2018
This man is one of the many problems we have in Nigeria. An 80 year old man with a voracious, insatiable and reckless sexual appetite.

The people supplying his bazooka with herbs needs to be jailed for letting loose a weapon of mass destruction.

213 Likes 15 Shares

Food / Re: Photos: Nigerian Man Wins Spicy Food Challenge In China by 9jvirgin(m): 7:04pm On Oct 22, 2018
When I am heating up my food in the microwave at work, everyone coughs, sneezes and takes cover grin

56 Likes 6 Shares

Crime / Re: Prophet Arrested For Staging The Kidnap Of His Church Members. Photo by 9jvirgin(m): 7:01pm On Oct 22, 2018
How did Nnamdi Kanu escape? The immigration team stationed in all our land borders should be fired and jailed.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (of 45 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.