|Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,134,419 members, 7,747,373 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 February 2024 at 02:08 AM
|Agriculture / Re: Farmers Complain That After A Few Harvests,Plantains Don’t Do Well,Solution Here by Ken4agent(m): 1:07pm On Mar 25, 2022
Sorry for the late response.....we have been out of reach
kenfarm is base in Ibadan, Oyo State but manages farms all over Nigeria and beyond
|Agriculture / Re: Farmers Complain That After A Few Harvests,Plantains Don’t Do Well,Solution Here by Ken4agent(m): 11:04pm On Jan 16, 2022
Things to consider when purchasing a farmland
1. Nearness to the major exit road
2. How motorable is the access road during the rainy season which is the farm activity period
3. Is the farm land experience desertification
4. How close is it to the closest village
5. What is the level of hostility of the villagers
6. The farm land topography
7. The fertility of the soil
8. The history of crops planted on the land
9. What crop you intend to plant
10. The physical characteristics of the soil
kenfarm can go on & on. Note that all the stated factors above have away they affect your investment. Contact kenfarm & we educate you for free
|Agriculture / Re: Why Soil Analysis On That Farmland?? by Ken4agent(m): 11:52am On Nov 18, 2021
If you observe the following on the farm, then you need a soil test:
1. Stunted growth of crop
2. Poor fruit yield
3. Abnormalities in the leaf and fruit
4. Brown patches on leaf
5. Yellow colouration of leaf
6. Distress looking crops
7. Very thin stalk and flower
8. Earlier defoliation
9. Prolonged accomplishing puberty
10. Reduced shelf life of fruit and leaf
And so many more just to list a few. I
|Agriculture / Re: Why Soil Analysis On That Farmland?? by Ken4agent(m): 10:35am On Oct 13, 2021
The time to validate the fertility of your farm soil is now.....who are those who need to do a soil fertility validation
1. If you plan purchasing a farm land, validate the fertility b4 purchase
2. If you have used that farm land for over 5season on continuous cropping, then you need to validate the soil expecially if you have been cultivating heavy feeder crop
3. If you planted crops on your farm last season and experience poor harvest, it is time to validate the fertility of the soil
4. If your farm soil is heterogeneous, then you Need to validate the soil fertility to be sure which crop grows best in which area
5. If you want to engage in a large scale farming. Which means you will be investing huge amount of cash. Then it wise to validate the fertility of that farm soil
Contact kenfarm for a scientific soil test at a picket friendly charge
|Agriculture / Re: Treated Giant Hybrids Elephants Plantain Suckers Here For Sale Rapid Fruit by Ken4agent(m): 10:09am On Sep 13, 2021
Pls we aren't selling any land. If we have any land for sale it will be posted on our website and WhatsApp page........pls our followers should call kenfarm direct line on our signature for any Enquiry. Thanks
|Agriculture / Re: Treated Giant Hybrids Elephants Plantain Suckers Here For Sale Rapid Fruit by Ken4agent(m): 8:09pm On Jul 24, 2021
Farm worker needed urgently with annual payment and monthly payment.
Contact kenfarm if instrested for details
|Agriculture / Re: Treated Giant Hybrids Elephants Plantain Suckers Here For Sale Rapid Fruit by tosine4ubodmass: 5:02am On Jul 16, 2021
Ken4agent:Pls what did u mean by gapping?
|Agriculture / Re: A Step-by-step Procedures To Establishing Our Newly Acquired Farm Land. by Ken4agent(m): 8:26am On Jul 06, 2021
Venturing into plantain plantation Biz require a high level of expertise expecially in this time of unpredictable weather.
There are lot of precautions to best taken to ensure the lack of rain and prolong dry season do not affect your plantation.
If you must secceed in your crop production, the below factors must be put under check
1. Type of soil you using, it characteristics and topography
2. Whether your seed is from a good source and viable
3. How well you manage the plantation which mean u need an expert
4. How well you secure your farm
If all these factors are under control, then certainly you have done your best. The rest is for Oluwa to take charge.
Consult kenfarm to help you put all the above factors under check
Pictures below is one of the plantation we establish last season and it has started producing very big bunches
|Agriculture / Re: Treated Giant Hybrids Elephants Plantain Suckers Here For Sale Rapid Fruit by Ken4agent(m): 1:41pm On Jun 24, 2021
Plantain farm Post planting operations in steps:
Step1. 4 Weeks after transplanting, the suckers will be due for the first weeding. Weeding is to be done with hoe and nut cutlass to reduce mortality. If herbicide will be used, it must be done by kenfarm trained staff. This is because it has to be done professionally so that the herbicide does not touch the growing suckers. Touching the sucker leaf will obstruct their growth.
Step2: Just after the first weeding, you are to observe the plantain farm to see if there are suckers that did not germinate. If mortality is recorded then replanting of the sucker on that spot needed to be done asap.
Step3: 6 weeks after transplanting the suckers, NPK fertilizer is to be applied. The Quantity to apply and the method of application is stated in the soil test report. A 70kg bag of NPK fertilizer can take care one acre (1000pcs) of suckers.
Step4: 24 weeks after transplanting, the hybrid suckers needs organic manure. The Quantity and method of application is spelt out in the soil test report.
Step5: 26 weeks after transplanting, heaping of the base of the suckers with sand must be done. However, step 4 and 5 can be done together to safe cost. But if you have a residence worker on the farm, then it should not be done together.
Step6: 36 weeks after transplanting, application of liquid organic fertilizer can be done. The fertilizer is specific for bigger fruit because the active ingredient is targeted towards improving the size of the fruit.
However, if you have access to potash (eru), you may add to the base of each stand. Or you may purchase a 50kg bag of Murat of potash. This step is optional though.
1. If all the above steps are followed meticulously, then at 28 weeks, the suckers should attain puberty. At 36 weeks the suckers should start following and at 48weeks, the suckers should start fruiting.
2. All the steps above (both cassava and suckers) need adequate supervision by an experience farmer. The operation is not to be left in the hands of the workers who usually don’t do them well enough.
3. Also it is very important to note that a source of water is to be provided for the suckers for the dry season. As water is the driving force for the growth of plantain sucker. Lack of water leads to slow growth rate and most times leads to small fruit.
4. If you have not gotten a residence staff, then I can help you import a Benue man so you negotiate charges with him.
NB: If you need to do organic farming you can consult with kenfarm
|Travel / Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Galacious1: 1:45pm On Jun 21, 2021
kenfarm:Please do I need NIN to register for passport at IB? And how's the crowd over there?
|Travel / Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ActivistSlimfeez: 7:36pm On Jun 17, 2021
kenfarm:Please let talk man as per DIY process and I choose Ibadan, I will like if you can share your experience with me FAM, Thanks
|Travel / Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by moreb2cum: 12:59am On Jun 16, 2021
kenfarm:My name was not on the list. Mine was printed June 4th. The list was last updated Jun 1st.
I didn't get any sms or notification.
You can go check but try to be there 7:30am or thereabouts.
|Not Satisfied? Click Here To Try Google Search!
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33