Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? (27407 Views)

Hilarious Photo: Electric Pressing Iron Made By HP / Chinese Man Walks In Iron Shoes Weighing 405 Kilograms / Pressing Iron With Small Generator (2) (3) (4)

Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by dasparrow: 5:34am On Jul 26, 2012
Oh heck yes! in boarding school this was the type of pressing iron we used to iron our clothes. This certainly brings back memories. I wonder if they still sell them?
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by tonyx4x44(m): 5:34am On Jul 26, 2012
Yep, gaving that was one of the proofs of being a Fineboy in in school(boarding)
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by onah4real(m): 5:42am On Jul 26, 2012
Yes oooooo, use it last when I was in secondary school, it was nice making use of it then but use to burn my white uniform then.lol
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by kunmibola(m): 5:59am On Jul 26, 2012
lol... U guys need to come to the interior part of Ikorodu,Lagos State to see a very large population of pple stil usin ds iron due to PHCN issues...Dere is even anoda model dt u can use on d stove...They call dat 'stove iron'

Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by Vicjay1(m): 6:08am On Jul 26, 2012
That one is even a brown new one. The one we hve @ home is older dan me. Guy forget o, me self come become expert to use am. I rem every morni using it to iron my uniform even if d church clothes na white, e get how dem do am. When i even enter my town last year i use am when nepa Bleep up. No level . Unto d next d one.

Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by PrinceDudu(m): 6:09am On Jul 26, 2012
Used it in Boarding house and still very much in use by mallam drycleaners in my area.
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by ayox2003: 6:14am On Jul 26, 2012
It can't be tuned up or down. Hot when the coals are hot and looses it heat when the coals are getting cold. But was really a good saviour in those days. OP, nice one.

Frawzey.
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by ayobase(m): 6:18am On Jul 26, 2012
Acidosis: Yeah. . Used it in boarding house, when boyz dey form baggy tinz

Na so!
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by crackhouse(m): 6:19am On Jul 26, 2012
I used it but it's no big deal nah. People are still using it today.
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by Korrection(m): 6:20am On Jul 26, 2012
I could remember the day i used it on a wet secondary school uniform....the ash from the holes wan finish my only cream colour white shirt......good old days sha....
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by ayobase(m): 6:21am On Jul 26, 2012
SuyaEater: Chei see what NEPA cause...naija don suffer

Sharrap dia...no be u send $100 to ur wife all d way from London for shopping!
See what London caused.....suyaeater don suffer!

Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by ayobase(m): 6:22am On Jul 26, 2012
Chidex2442: dat was wat destroyed most of my clothes in my secondary school day

Maybe u no sabi use am.....ajebo like u!
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by XFive: 6:40am On Jul 26, 2012
This is is the first technology we grew to see and it is still be used today by most tailors in Lagos and the east.
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:42am On Jul 26, 2012
Remember it?

Only too much!!!

It gave me a black triangle on my left
forearm back in the early '80s...

Burned my favourite white shirt to boot!

Mehhhhn!
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by BusHouse(m): 6:44am On Jul 26, 2012
prinxard: 'cockk head' thats what it's called
And i learnt that, that cock on the iron is worth a fortune. Just like the pendulom of my grandfather's clock & the pick up head of a german gramaphone. * funny nigerians with their get rich quick mentality*

Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by manitobor(m): 6:46am On Jul 26, 2012
I've heard a lot bout it but never used one myself.
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by ITbomb(m): 6:48am On Jul 26, 2012
I'm still using it
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by floridam(m): 6:51am On Jul 26, 2012
Yes, and i still use it cos phcn fails when i need electricity most. I have now 'upgraded' to d stove type.
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by ZURYZEST(m): 6:51am On Jul 26, 2012
yeeeeeeeessssssssss,lmao
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by hassymo5(m): 6:52am On Jul 26, 2012
will never forget what dis type of iron did 2me,,,, one sunday morning all ma cloths were dirty the only clean one left waz burn by dis type of iron had 2miss church dat day, from then i dont even want to c dis type of iron....
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by alaoeri: 6:59am On Jul 26, 2012
Still in use in some part of the country especially northern part.
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by beautifulzerah(f): 7:07am On Jul 26, 2012
Dt iron was one of d items u mst av as a boarding house student. And we stil av 1 in my house.
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by Jarus(m): 7:09am On Jul 26, 2012
It detroyed my school uniform in JSS1. cheesy
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by DECOtech(m): 7:15am On Jul 26, 2012
I still use it till date. Whenever nepa combine with my generating set to do thier shakara, I switch to old school. Had it since 1987. It 'll never die.

Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by mikron(m): 7:17am On Jul 26, 2012
yup i used it wella. Except u re born in the late 90's i believe coal iron will not be alien you. Just like white sand (garri) it was also student companion.
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by Nobody: 7:17am On Jul 26, 2012
Just remembered the old days, I still have that iron in my village.
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by tbagtbee(f): 7:21am On Jul 26, 2012
I used it to cook noodles back in secondary school...............mehn!!!! those were the days grin wink smiley cool
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by Olubachar(m): 7:22am On Jul 26, 2012
I bought one ( charcoal iron) some months ago,I replaced it with a generator iron a week after.
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by Jarus(m): 7:24am On Jul 26, 2012
abdul izom: IT HAS COST SO MANY TOILORS, LOT OF TROUBLE.

Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by oncode1: 7:25am On Jul 26, 2012
Chidex2442: dat was wat destroyed most of my clothes in my secondary school day

Same here, after ironing, one side go black one side go white grin grin good times, really good times, this lucky bastards don't know how lucky they are...... angry
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by naanmin(f): 7:26am On Jul 26, 2012
cheesy yep
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by joejeezy(m): 7:28am On Jul 26, 2012
Yeah! yeah! yeah!....i have one in my house, the light condition here is really bad so i had to go this

A Moving Bus Goes Up In Flames In Jos (Photos) / Christmas 2017 From Around The World In Pictures / What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age?