Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b (61101 Views)

Poll: Do you think this bulding is necessary?

Yes: 56% (76 votes)
No: 43% (58 votes)
This poll has ended

Inside The 100,000 Seat Auditorium Bishop Oyedepo Is Planning To Build / Pastor Adeboye Dedicates RCCG New Auditorium / Gay Church Opens In Igboland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by touche(m): 5:04am On Dec 12, 2007
@Somze
King David was worshiping God and he danced 'too' much for a King. One of his wives complained and she became barren for life.
The Bible is the inspired word of God i.e. there is a reason why the building of the temple was fully elaborated upon. In Paul's era, churches were established in Corinth, Ephesus etc. Therefore, structures must have been constructed.

Your 'argument' holds no water.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Nobody: 5:10am On Dec 12, 2007
touche:

Solomon spent much more building the temple of the Lord, and the good Book states clearly that the people gave willingly.

Yes the people gave willingly but read your bible a bit more, the period the temple was built coincided with a period of great economic boom for the children of Isreal. Most of the gold, timber and building materials for the temple came from other nations in form of gifts . . . remember the cedars of lebanon?

2. At the time of Solomon, God dwelt in temples made with hands and so the relevance of the temple . . . today God dwells in temples made WITHOUT hands. Sadly we spend N7.7bn building temples made with hands while temples made without hands are destitute and hungry.

touche:

Pastors don't force the congregation to make donations towards the completion of building projects or to pay tithes and offerings. Rather, they preach about the benefits of giving to God (via your church) and towards God's work (building projects).

In a nutshell, the concept of giving is just a part of the equation (Christianity). You don't just give, sit back and expect positive results.

No thanks to our new prosperity gospel, our "giving" is now determined by how much we are expecting to reap in return.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by somze(f): 5:11am On Dec 12, 2007
touche:

@Somze
King David was worshiping God and he danced 'too' much for a King. One of his wives complained and she became barren for life.
The Bible is the inspired word of God i.e. there is a reason why the building of the temple was fully elaborated upon. In Paul's era, churches were established in Corinth, Ephesus etc. Therefore, structures must have been constructed.

Your 'argument' holds no water.
Can you see through you own misinterpretations?

1. Kind David danced in worship to God. This has nothing to do with the topic
2. Building of which temple? Solomon's temple? Remember when the disciples wanted to show off this temple to Jesus himself? What did he say? None of those stones would remain on top one another? Where is the temple today? It is completely destroyed. Why? We are the temple today
3. No structures were constructed, people met in houses. When the word church was used it referred to people not structures.

Please re-read your bible and quit misquoting and misinterpreting  wink
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Kobojunkie: 5:13am On Dec 12, 2007
somze:

Why don't you quote know? Since you are not a picka-chu christian tongue
Show us where Paul spent on a building or Peter or Jesus. grin grin grin
Quit running around in circles.

Is the money Adebayor's? If yes then it is his business firm and not a church, I don't care what he uses it for. If NO then I can point out it was misappropriated.

What exactly was David doing when his wife complained? Aint you misquoting here?

Solomon spent at what time? Was it at the time when you became the temple, the church, the body?

That is another baseless claim. The fact you have to go all the way to Solomon to support a building tells a lot don't it? wink

Here is the thing. I do not need to post verses in here for me to show you that your own God whom you claim to worship also encouraged his people to spend what he had given then as he wished them. Open that book and read, yes, read all the lines and make sure to eat up the ones that cause you to cringe cause the truth might be bitter to your soul. LMAO!!!  

You can not be more spiritual or holier than your God, or can you ?? LMAO!!!   grin grin grin

I bet there are many Nigerians who will rebuke God if they could , for giving people money to spend on good things ,   grin cheesy grin grin. Yet they will roll off like spineless rats while the actual thieves in the country continue to eat up all the money that God has given to them , LMAO!!!
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by somze(f): 5:15am On Dec 12, 2007
Kobojunkie:

Here is the thing. I do not need to post verses in here for me to show you that your own God whom you claim to worship also encouraged his people to spend what he had given then as he wished them. Open that book and read, yes, read all the lines and make sure to eat up the ones that cause you to cringe cause the truth might be bitter to your soul. LMAO!!!

You can not be more spiritual or holier than your God, or can you ?? LMAO!!! grin grin grin

I bet there are many Nigerians who will rebuke God if they could for giving people money to spend on good things , grin cheesy grin grin. Yet they will roll off like spineless rats while the actual thieves in the country continue to eat up all the money that God has given to them , LMAO!!!
Thank you for jumping around in circles while exposing that you have nothing to say. Next time just keep it simple.

Try this - I HAVE NOTHING!!!
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Nobody: 5:17am On Dec 12, 2007
A decent  well sunk borehole in Nigeria would cost about $5,000 complete with overhead tank.

Now can we imagine how many would have been sunk with a large portion of this money and how many could be helped rather than build a mere building?
I know this Church is under no obligation to do this but haba!!!!!!!

Have we become that vain in our thinking?
$60 million for an auditorium?

who are we trying to impress?
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Kobojunkie: 5:17am On Dec 12, 2007
somze:

Thank you for jumping around in circles while exposing that you have nothing to say. Next time just keep it simple.

Try this - I HAVE NOTHING!!!

I was straight wityh what I posted there . Read your Bible and take it all as is. No where does God say I WILL NEVER TELL ANYONE TO BUILD A Naira 7 billion Auditorium. If you Feel you are God's personal judge, I dare you to stop the man from building then. LMAO!!!!

To Help you all figure out what is wrong here,

1) Is the 7 billion Naira being used to construct this Auditorium yours?? If not ,

2) Who made you judge when it comes to how another chooses to spend the talents God gave him or her??

3) If 1 million people decide to put there money together to build a huge auditorium, what makes the man who chooses to use his money to build just for himself better than they, in the eyes of your God??
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by somze(f): 5:20am On Dec 12, 2007
Kobojunkie:

I was straight wityh what I posted there . Read your Bible and take it all as is. No where does God say I WILL NEVER TELL ANYONE TO BUILD A Naira 7 billion Auditorium. If you Feel you are God's personal judge, I dare you to stop the man from building then. LMAO!!!!
That is your argument? Na wa o.
So God will explicitly say Adebayor do not build for yourself a building of 7.7 billion naira before you would come to sense? shocked shocked
Come on you are more matured than this now
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Kobojunkie: 5:23am On Dec 12, 2007
somze:

That is your argument? Na wa o.
So God will explicitly say Adebayor do not build for yourself a building of 7.7 billion naira before you would come to sense? shocked shocked
Come on you are more matured than this now

YES, The  GOD Of The Bible CAN,  if the God of the Bible can tell Noah to BUILD him a GIGANTIC BOAT ,  If the God of the Bible can tell solomon to build him a massive temple in using his people an collecting from the people for years and years to build it,  If the God of the Bible can instead of telling Jesus to go get a job have him get money from the mouth of a fish to pay his taxes,  I would think you would know the obvious answer to your question is YES,  Nothing is impossible with the God of the Bible it seems. Why are there suddenly restrictions Cause you are uncomfortable with what He may be doing in the life of another person?? Na Jealousy be this??
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Nobody: 5:25am On Dec 12, 2007
@ Kobo, the problem is not that RCCG chose to build a new auditorium but the COST. N7.7bn to build the WORLD'S LARGEST AUDITORIUM in one of the world's poorest nations is a joke. Is it any wonder more developed countries do not take us seriously?

While they were building such a massive church did they spare a thot for the expressway they contributed to destroying?
Mowe, the area RCCG is situated, has had a severe water supply problem for as long as i can remember. NEPA is as good as non-existent in the area and yet all the church could think of was a new superficial building for "God"?
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Nobody: 5:27am On Dec 12, 2007
Kobojunkie:

1) Is the 7 billion Naira being used to construct this Auditorium yours?? If not ,

2) Who made you judge when it comes to how another chooses to spend the talents God gave him or her??

Sadly these are the very same arguments that have been used to justify corruption.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Kobojunkie: 5:27am On Dec 12, 2007
I still wait for the day You all will go get the BILLIONS that IBB, OBASANJO, and his goons have  S_T_O_L_E_N from you for years and years. Na so so to tell another man how to spend his or her money una dey. Why not pursue the thieves that stole from you all with the same zeal?? So the pastor and his congregation are now criminals for wanting to building for themselves a big church. But IBB and Obasanjo and the other thieves that are every day showing up in front of you all for years are not on top of your lists?? NA WA OO, !!!
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by somze(f): 5:29am On Dec 12, 2007
Kobojunkie:

YES, The  GOD Of The Bible CAN,  if the God of the Bible can tell Noah to BUILD him a GIGANTIC BOAT ,  If the God of the Bible can tell solomon to build him a massive temple in using his people an collecting from the people for years and years to build it,  If the God of the Bible can instead of telling Jesus to go get a job have him get money from the mouth of a fish to pay his taxes,  I would think you would know the obvious answer to your question is YES,  Nothing is impossible with the God of the Bible it seems. Why are there suddenly restrictions Cause you are uncomfortable with what He may be doing in the life of another person?? Na Jealousy be this??
I did not ask if God can do it? Do you just misquote everything in your life?

Must he tell you this before you see the obvious reason? Abeg twisting and turning will get us no where. Just answer these -

Where is Solomon's temple?

What is the temple of God?

What did the Apostles do with money they had from the church?

Did Adebayor get the money from a fish? Did he use it to pay tax?
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by somze(f): 5:34am On Dec 12, 2007
Kobojunkie:

I still wait for the day You all will go get the BILLIONS that IBB, OBASANJO, and his goons have S_T_O_L_E_N from you for years and years. Na so so to tell another man how to spend his or her money una dey. Why not pursue the thieves that stole from you all with the same zeal?? So the pastor and his congregation are now criminals for wanting to building for themselves a big church. But IBB and Obasanjo and the other thieves that are every day showing up in front of you all for years are not on top of your lists?? NA WA OO, !!!
This is about the Church which I am a part of not IBB or others. Stick to the topic

It is not Adebayor's money, if he claims he is part of the church then it belongs to the church and should be appropriated on bible based principle.

It is clear and obvious that God is not interested in buildings and the church/temple/body of God is infact believers in Christ. So why not use this money to aid lives instead of spending such huge amount on a building?
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Kobojunkie: 5:36am On Dec 12, 2007
davidylan:

@ Kobo, the problem is not that RCCG chose to build a new auditorium but the COST. N7.7bn to build the WORLD'S LARGEST AUDITORIUM in one of the world's poorest nations is a joke. Is it any wonder more developed countries do not take us seriously?

While they were building such a massive church did they spare a thot for the expressway they contributed to destroying?
Mowe, the area RCCG is situated, has had a severe water supply problem for as long as i can remember. NEPA is as good as non-existent in the area and yet all the church could think of was a new superficial building for "God"?

That is not the problem at all. I have a friend here who follows that sort of logic around me. I choose to buy a Computer that costs 2000 over a machine that costs 700 and she jumps into attack mode. Telling me God will be mad at me for spending 2000 to buy a machine that I know will satisfy my need and a machine that I have worked hard to get money for.

1) the money is not yours , that there is reason for you and I to get our eyes off it. So what if it is the largest in the world. We are talking of thousands of people contributing to build this thing. Compare that to 1 man stealing 10 times of that from you all yes, IBB, yes, Obasanjo, why are we not telling them how to spend that money instead, I mean since that happens to be our own money that they all stole??

2) I believe this is something mentioned in the Bible that God is against. People trying to mind everyone else's business for them. What will the building of this auditorium take away from Nigeria that we have not already allowed to be taken  away from us for over 47 years?? Let me guess?? land?? but they would have to buy the land to build on it, just like everyone else who builds does. So what does it really take away from us that we are whining about ??

3) Would it have been better than if each of the say 10, 000 people who contributed for this huge project decided to build individual auditoriums for themselves?? Would we be happier and content then?? LMAO!!!! Would it be better for each person then to go spend the money building his own mini auditorium so we can remove the WORLD LARGEST part of the plan that bothers all??  Wait a sec, Maybe they should have advertised it this way , [size=14pt]10,000 people with Naira 7000 each plan to build Auditorium [/size] LMAO!!!! maybe we would not all bring up our issues then cause then we can breath better sinces the number seems smaller that way LMAO!!!
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by somze(f): 5:38am On Dec 12, 2007

42 All the believers devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching, and to fellowship, and to sharing in meals (including the Lord’s Supper[i]), and to prayer.
43 A deep sense of awe came over them all, and the apostles performed many miraculous signs and wonders. 44 And all the believers met together in one place and shared everything they had. 45 They sold their property and possessions and shared the money with those in need. 46 They worshiped together at the Temple each day, met in homes for the Lord’s Supper, and shared their meals with great joy and generosity[j]—47 all the while praising God and enjoying the goodwill of all the people. And each day the Lord added to their fellowship those who were being saved.
Acts 2:42-47
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Kobojunkie: 5:38am On Dec 12, 2007
somze:

This is about the Church which I am a part of not IBB or others. Stick to the topic

It is not Adebayor's money, if he claims he is part of the church then it belongs to the church and should be appropriated on bible based principle.

It is clear and obvious that God is not interested in buildings and the church/temple/body of God is infact believers in Christ. So why not use this money to aid lives instead of spending such huge amount on a building?

I love the way you keep speaking for God. In fact it seems you have your God all figured out and he can not do anything different from what you say he can. Well,  I sure am glad I do not worship your God cause I am guessing he would tell you to tell me that I have no right owning my top of the line machines, even though I bought them with my hard earned money . You seem to believe you have the last word when it comes to pastors, ehn?? good for you then !!LMAO!!!!

HECK , No one Needs to get LCD tVS cause there are millions of starving Nigerians living in Nigeria. Bill Gates should not fly a private jet cause there are millions of poor people in America and around the world. WOOHOO!!!
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Nobody: 5:39am On Dec 12, 2007
Kobojunkie:

I still wait for the day You all will go get the BILLIONS that IBB, OBASANJO, and his goons have  S_T_O_L_E_N from you for years and years. Na so so to tell another man how to spend his or her money una dey. Why not pursue the thieves that stole from you all with the same zeal?? So the pastor and his congregation are now criminals for wanting to building for themselves a big church. But IBB and Obasanjo and the other thieves that are every day showing up in front of you all for years are not on top of your lists?? NA WA OO, !!!

Are you now comparing the actions of a Church of God,supposedly led by the Spirit of God to the actions of heartless politicians led by the flesh?
What right do we have then to tell them about Christ?
What is the difference between us and them when they steal money but we ask for ours and do the same things without a blink of an eye
There should be a higher standard for the Church.
If in your arguments OBJ and Atiku are your contemporaries then we have a real problem even with the youth
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by somze(f): 5:41am On Dec 12, 2007
Kobojunkie:

I love the way you keep speaking for God. In fact it seems you have your God all figured out and he can not do anything different from what you say he can. Well, I sure am glad I do not worship your God cause I am guessing he would tell you to tell me that I have no right owning my top of the line machines, even though I bought them with my hard earned money . LMAO!!!!

HECK , No one Needs to get LCD tVS cause there are millions of starving Nigerians living in Nigeria. Bill Gates should not fly a private jet cause there are millions of poor people in America and around the world. WOOHOO!!!
At this rate I should give you an "A" for evading issues, tongue twisting and claiming you read my mind.  grin
You wealth is none of my business please for crying out loud STICK TO ISSUES. Leave out "my God", "corrupt govt officials" or "your wealth" or "Bill Gates new Jet"
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Kobojunkie: 5:44am On Dec 12, 2007
nwando:

Are you now comparing the actions of a Church of God,supposedly led by the Spirit of God to the actions of heartless politicians led by the flesh?
What right do we have then to tell them about Christ?
What is the difference between us and them when they steal money but we ask for ours and do the same things without a blink of an eye
There should be a higher standard for the Church.
If in your arguments OBJ and Atiku are your contemporaries then we have a real problem even with the youth

You know what I say ?? RUBBISH!!!! , The same bible you claim there address politics and holds political leaders on the same level as it does the church . Trying to say one is supposed to be Holy while the other is to be excused is rubbish. Are they all not human beings?? Are they all not subject to the same fate in the end based on their works?? Are they all not to be judged by the same FAIR JUDGE?? What in the world are you trying to do separating one group of people in to a place that you would not put the others Isnt that itself the beginning of the problem with your judgement?? Isn't it written in your bible that in the end, all will be gathered together, small and great, big and small, white and blue and all will be judged by the same laws ??
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Nobody: 5:44am On Dec 12, 2007
davidylan:

I still cannot get over the amount.
In Nigeria for that matter
VANITY,VANITY
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Kobojunkie: 5:46am On Dec 12, 2007
somze:

At this rate I should give you an "A" for evading issues, tongue twisting and claiming you read my mind.  grin
You wealth is none of my business please for crying out loud STICK TO ISSUES. Leave out "my God", "corrupt govt officials" or "your wealth" or "Bill Gates new Jet"

I am not evading anything. The same bible that contains stories of prophets who lived as poor men is the same Bible that addresses stories of kings who are also called prophets. Why do you think I would then now separate them all into two different groups as you do?? I am speaking of men, whether politicians or pastors, they are all supposed to be men appointed by God himself. Is that not what your bible says?? OR are we speaking of another God here?
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Nobody: 5:46am On Dec 12, 2007
Kobojunkie:

You know what I say ?? RUBBISH!!!! , The same bible you claim there address politics and holds political leaders on the same level as it does the church . Trying to say one is supposed to be Holy while the other is to be excused is rubbish. Are they all not human beings?? Are they all not subject to the same fate in the end based on their works?? Are they all not to be judged by the same FAIR JUDGE?? What in the world are you trying to do separating one group of people in to a place that you would not put the others Isnt that itself the beginning of the problem with your judgement?? Isn't it written in your bible that in the end, all will be gathered together, small and great, big and small, white and blue and all will be judged by the same laws ??

You obviously don't get it honey.
I have a man to cuddle,g'nite grin
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by somze(f): 5:48am On Dec 12, 2007
Kobojunkie:

Oga the topic is about Redeemed church o abeg leave out other non-related issues . . . if you can  undecided

Kobojunkie:

I am not evading anything. The same bible that contains stories of prophets who lived as poor men is the same Bible that addresses stories of kings who are also called prophets. Why do you think I would then now separate them all into two different groups as you do?? I am speaking of men, whether politicians or pastors, they are all supposed to be men appointed by God himself. Is that not what your bible says?? OR are we speaking of another God here?
PHD in Evasion (Dr E)

I don leave you comot
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Kobojunkie: 5:48am On Dec 12, 2007
nwando:

I still cannot get over the amount.
In Nigeria for that matter
VANITY,VANITY

How about this , I will make it easier for you , [size=16pt]Think of it as 10, 000 Nigerians who have individual dreams of building an auditorium deciding in the end to put there heads together and their Naira 70000 together to make Naira(700000 * 10,000 )[/size]
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by somze(f): 5:49am On Dec 12, 2007
Kobojunkie:

How about this , I will make it easier for you , [size=16pt]Think of it as 10, 000 Nigerians who have individual dreams of building an auditorium deciding in the end to put there heads together and their Naira 70000 together to make Naira(700000 * 10,000 )[/size]
Fabrication of events . . . misleading . . . lying

I rest my case, have a great day. grin
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Nobody: 5:50am On Dec 12, 2007
Kobojunkie:

1) the money is not yours , that there is reason for you and I to get our eyes off it. So what if it is the largest in the world. We are talking of thousands of people contributing to build this thing. Compare that to 1 man stealing 10 times of that from you all yes, IBB, yes, Obasanjo, why are we not telling them how to spend that money instead, I mean since that happens to be our own money that they all stole??

I wish you would spend a week in the shoes of this people you claim are "contributing". Thousands have contributed to the building of this fantasy house and yet so many are struggling to pay rent in their squalid room and parlours.

If this were built in the US or South Africa no one would have raised an eyebrow. We need to see beyond our religious affiliations . . . it makes no sense to have a N7.7bn church in a land enmeshed in pervasive poverty.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Kobojunkie: 5:50am On Dec 12, 2007
somze:

Oga the topic is about Redeemed church o abeg leave out other non-related issues . . . if you can  undecided
PHD in Evasion (Dr E)

I don leave you comot

Repeating EVASION EVASION without reading my posts and realizing that I do not view the world as you do is not going to make your case at all. TAKE THE WHOLE BIBLE as it is and when you post the one side, remember the other side. You have to take it all and maybe then you will realize that God does not function on your wavelength. If he did, then we are all already in hell LMAO!!!

somze:

Fabrication of events . . . misleading . . . lying

I rest my case, have a great day. grin

Is English a problem for you or what ?? What Fabrication of events?? Do you read
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Jakumo(m): 5:53am On Dec 12, 2007
Instead of a $60 million building, Pastor Eunuch would have done better to purchase an enormous floating barge of equal value, so that he and his entire congregation of sheep could be towed out to sea and left there, as their activities do paralyse traffic on major Nigerian highways whenever the Redeemed Camp scam is in progress.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Nobody: 5:55am On Dec 12, 2007
Kobojunkie:

One wonders why these people could not put this money together to build public boreholes, repair their roads, schools, hospitals and provide adequate security for themselves.

How many Nigerians can afford to donate N70,000 to build an auditorium? The same argument you advance was the same line toed by those in support of Covenant University. . .  unfortunately today that school is so expensive that attendance is restricted to the very rich and corrupt, those who may not even be christians in the first place. And what do the poor faithful who "contributed" to this dream get? A place in dilapidated public schools!
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by somze(f): 5:55am On Dec 12, 2007
Jakumo:

Instead of a $60 million building, Pastor Eunuch would have done better to purchase a sea-going barge of equal value so that he and his entire congregation of sheep could be towed out to sea and left there, such that their activities would no longer paralyse traffic on major Nigerian highways as is the case right now.
grin  grin  grin

Kobojunkie:

Why should I think of it in a way that it did not happen and use it as a defence of my argument.

THIS IS LYING, MISLEADING AND FABRICATION OF EVENTS.

Dr E has landed again  grin  grin  grin
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Kobojunkie: 5:59am On Dec 12, 2007
davidylan:

I wish you would spend a week in the shoes of this people you claim are "contributing". Thousands have contributed to the building of this fantasy house and yet so many are struggling to pay rent in their squalid room and parlours.

If this were built in the US or South Africa no one would have raised an eyebrow. We need to see beyond our religious affiliations . . . it makes no sense to have a N7.7bn church in a land enmeshed in pervasive poverty.

When I was in Nigeria, we practically spent a period living in face-me-I-face-yous. Even here in America, I just came from a dry period in my life. 4 WHOLE YEARS, I had to move back in with my mum who herself did not have a good job. I spent those years without anything and trust me, on both bothers, I have tasted poverty and I still believe the man who earns his money has a right to spend it as he chooses. It is his money, his decision. There will always be poor. In Africa, over 2 TRILLION dollars ( not naira) has been spent in that continent to help the poor pay their rent, eat and all but guess what?? the majority are still poor? Should we then put aside all plans for building our lives to pour more money down that sink whole which has for over 47 years not shown any significant signs of improvement?? Would it be better that this money be used to dig more holes to give water to the poor and then have those wholes dry up in the next 2 years and the money gone??

These people made their money and decided to spend it this way. If we want to go after the church people, then we should be fair and pick on all those who have computers and pay monthly internet bills, we should pick on all those who drive cars as well. Not focus on the one people and pretend they are the worst. These men did not STEAL the money from you or I. Why then should we approach them as we would CRIMINALS?? In the NAME OF GOD I don't think God does that cause no where in the Bible did God reprimand Solomon/David/Job for living a lavish life. No where did God reprimand Jesus for getting gold from a fishes mouth to pay his taxes?? Since when did God change his mind ?? Cause we are not comfortable with his these people choose to spend their money ??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Installation Of New Catholic Bishop In Ekwulobia Anambra Amid COVID-19 Pandemic / Prophet Dancing, Rocking A Lady At A Wedding In Ekiti / Police Arrest Onyebuchi Okocha, aka "Onyeze Jesus"

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115