Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,826 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b (61135 Views)

Poll: Do you think this bulding is necessary?

Yes: 56% (76 votes)
No: 43% (58 votes)
This poll has ended

Inside The 100,000 Seat Auditorium Bishop Oyedepo Is Planning To Build / Pastor Adeboye Dedicates RCCG New Auditorium / Gay Church Opens In Igboland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by realkemmy(m): 9:39am On Dec 12, 2007
wow! a whooping sum of 7.7 billion in anothers mans Economy. y him no build am 4 9ja. i would ve been btter off.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by labiyemmy(m): 9:46am On Dec 12, 2007
arm chair critics and arm chair christians.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Pain(m): 9:56am On Dec 12, 2007
The Pathetically Gullible Will Always Be With Us. Tell Me Where Christ Ever Focused on Buildings. He Even Predicted that Not A Stone Would Be Left Standing of the Great Jewish Temple. The Holy Spirit Was To Make Its Dwelling in the Hearts of Men Henceforth Not Structures of Stone.!

Go Ahead Give Them All. And Quote the Regular " Touch Not My Anointed and Do My Prophets No Harm" Verses!

That Line is Their Popular "Weapon of Mass Extortion". Let The Crowd Control And Placcibo Effect Healings & Dealings Keep Going On. Time Would Reveal All.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Akolawole(m): 10:04am On Dec 12, 2007
How true is the figure!

How big is the project!!

I know Pastor Adeboye is not a flamboyant man unlike his peers and he will never be.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by lafile(m): 10:18am On Dec 12, 2007
@ Realkemmy
The Auditorium is in Nigeria

@Texazzpete
"At the very least, building such a magnificent edifice is misguided. we can already see redeemed members here proudly remarking that they have the biggest auditorium in the world"

Don't go around with a mindset of a "magnificent edifice" in the mould of St. Peters Bassilica. Like i said, it is just roof and floor. The bare neccesities to accomodate people during a meeting. Simple. And if it is the biggest auditorium in the world its because of neccesity. Obviously the largest auditorium will be needed to accomodate the largest gathering. Its common sense.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by onyekang1(f): 10:22am On Dec 12, 2007
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by obalola77: 10:27am On Dec 12, 2007
You people condeming this pastor and the church should pray for forgiveness because  even in the Bible when solomonwas about to build a house for the LORD he requested 4 d best hands,best materials,best place,he used gold everywhere,so dont forget we a talking about building a place 4 our creator.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by papagiddy(m): 10:40am On Dec 12, 2007
God, please bless pastor E A Adeboye may he never fall in jesus name and let all the enemies of the gospel remain poor forever and never move to the next level in jesus AMENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

1 Like

Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by luv2talk(m): 10:45am On Dec 12, 2007
I was told my my former Lecturer at University of Ilorin that Pastor Adeboye was his collegue in Department of Mathematics in early 80s,He resinged and Opt for Church Business,now,he is making his Money from fools that follow him and his unseen Miracles,Well,i think its high time you wake from slumber,an ordinary mathematician using his mathematical tactic to exhume your hard earned Money from you and your Fathers, what a shame.$7.7b whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, well,the over one million followers that visit his church can pay it within a month with even one naira tithe everyday,
ADEBOYE, RIDE ON AND CONTINUE FOOLING THEM TILL THEY ARE ABLE TO DIFFRENCIATE BETWEEN FACT AND FALACIES,IMAGE FROM SHADOW AND BLACK FROM WHITE

BROS
DAVIDYLAN AND OTHERS,IF I WERE YOU,I WILL COVER MY FACE AND WONT COME ON NAIRALAND AGAIN,  SEE THEM, SE THEM,  SEE THEM , AS THEM DEY YAB THEIR PASTORS AND RELIGION grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by hunter777(m): 10:45am On Dec 12, 2007
@ LAFILE
#7.7bn for jst a roof and floor  shocked shocked shocked shocked,
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by follyg: 10:48am On Dec 12, 2007
All the while that Redeem church was spending money on HIV/AIDs campaign and some other laudable projects you are no where to be found.
In USA where you claim to reside, are there no slums and ghetto that are in contrast to highbrow areas.
Your leaders have stolen your money from ages and you have not fought them. If you are so much interested in Nigeria come back and make a change.
The Church and its congregation that are contributing the money has every right to do what they want with their money as long as its legal. In the so called western world where you use as standard, is it the church that is ruling them?

You had better leave the shadows and chase the real substance.

1 Like

Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by scribe(m): 10:56am On Dec 12, 2007
@all the critics
If we decided to gather our money and build an auditorium that you consider too expensive, what pain is that to you? If your money is not involved, why complain.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Purist(m): 10:58am On Dec 12, 2007
@ topic & Everyone

[size=14pt]Akolawole just raised a very pertinent question here.[/size]

[size=14pt]HOW TRUE IS THE FIGURE?[/size]

I personally saw this auditorium on TV last night, and as lafile rightly said, it's just an open space on a massive piece of land with roof and I think wooden pillars, with plastic chairs and wooden benches in it.  It's NOT some kind of edifice like that of Winners Chapel or T. B Joshua's Synagogue.  So PM news (which by the way, is noted for junk journalism) means just these things cost a whooping N7.7bn? shocked

That being said, I think many have raised very important points here.

@ kobojunkie

All of you here no get mouth to go tell IBB, Obasanjo and the many people wey dey steal from you all for generations to put back money but you all have mouth to attack church wey they build with money them collect.

)LMAO!!! Talk about Nigerians and their misplaced priorities.

IBB STOLE FROM YOU ALL,  Not a single one of you have confronted him. The Guy built a Humongous Building with the money that belongs to you and your children, right on top of a Hill. Yet no single one of you all have touched him or even stepped forward.

Obasanjo STOLE FROM YOU ALL,  NOt a single one of you have confronted him yet. The guy runs his farm with your money and pockets it daily.

Adedibu,  the 80 something who is not done pocketing the money wey your papa and mama for use live better life,  is still there daily in your face, daring you all to come at him . NO ONE ,  

ABACHA stoles from you all and passed the money down to generations of his kids. Even say the man die, una no fit touch his family for fear. '

EVEN your EFCC has not even touched any one of them

But a Pastor and his congregation decide to collect together their own money to build a 7.7 b Church and Nigerians decide to YARI!!! LMAO!!!

Lord have mercy on us all.!!!!!! Africa NA WA O!!!!

LA I LA I LA LA OW You !!!!

What exactly do you mean here?  Everyday, people criticize OBJ, IBB and others here, so what do you mean by what you just typed up there?
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by TrueTalk3: 10:59am On Dec 12, 2007
We are in dire need of help in this country!

Rather than just sit back and wag tongues in criticism; we need to be more open in reasoning.

People (with common belief and vision) have come together with their own money to achieve their goal/vision/interest and all faceless people can do is to come on this forum to post rubbish.

So what if people are living in abject poverty? Is it due to the N7.7b auditorium being built?

Do you know what great impact and feat the church is achieving as regards welfare programs for the poor in the land?

When diverse donations are made to the welfare of poor (un-connected) people, you don't jump on forums to post.

The church has in many ways come to the aid of our non-performing government; and all you want now is to make the church carry the entire responsibilities of the government.

Abeg, try and demand accountability when it comes to your money/taxes/national resources; not others people's hard earned money.

Like 'Kobo rightly said; people are hungry; yet you have 4 pairs of shoes. Shouldn't you be sent to jail (according to your reasoning)?

If the world largest auditorium sits in 9ja; then we have another feather added to our cap!
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by tarezulu(m): 11:01am On Dec 12, 2007
Thats a lot of money. So a church can cntrol such an amount? well I feel rather disappointed.   sad
If a church can control such an amout then they should have a greater impact n our society. As it is now I cant find a single thing these churches do to help in the growth of our society. If anybdy knows they should pls tell me, but dont tell me that they pray on our behalf cos no pastor is going to take anybody to heaven cos its an individual thing.
I remember some years ago the republic of Benin could not fund their natinal election. wow RCCG can probably fund a good part of their economy.
What a world embarassed
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by mellow(m): 11:01am On Dec 12, 2007
[quote author=realkemmy link=topic=100043.msg1761919#msg1761919 date=1197448749]
wow! a whooping sum of 7.7 billion in anothers mans Economy. y him no build am 4 Nigeria. i would ve been btter off.
[quote][/quote]

One of the reasons why Nigeria will not develop. The citizens are too impatient to read

between lines.

The Church members contributed the little they can towards to upliftment of the God's work.

The same members are jubilating that they have been able to build for God a bifitting place of

worship. So why are the non RSSG members crying wolves? If and when Adeboye dies, the church

leadership will pass to someone else and most definitely not a member of the family so inorder words

the church does not belong to him they why the bitterness? Your Govenment that uses your money to

erect mansions and safe heaven for themselves and members of their family, what have you done to them?

Each time they cruise by you you hail and appplaud and shout that was our ex-President. what a shame?

The money is for the church members and the same money is used to buy comfort for the owners how does

that botter you? Tell your government to use your money to buy you comfort and stop hating and soiling somebody's

name for the people that are happy with their leadership.
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by scribe(m): 11:05am On Dec 12, 2007
@follyq
Please tell them. Instead of them to pursue all those rogue former governors and government officials that stole the peoples money, they are busy insulting us and an innocent man that has done them no wrong.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by scribe(m): 11:17am On Dec 12, 2007
I guess the haters will have us sit on the ground. Yet they won't honor any invitation to a gathering if they have a foreknowledge of the fact that the occasion (e.g. a wedding) will be conducted while guests sit on bare floor.

The auditorium which they are criticizing has been an open field for years. The worshipers gathered there in all those years under the harsh weather conditions to worship and none of the hypocrites wagged their tongues.

Now the same worshipers decided to build a covering over their heads and it has become an issue. Thank God the auditorium is not a personal property of Pastor Adeboye, some of the haters would have sent EFCC to RCCG to investigate our tithes and offerings.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by graceade(f): 11:18am On Dec 12, 2007
u ppl should be mindful of what u say dis is d second discusion topic about pator Adeboye
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by zains: 11:31am On Dec 12, 2007
Ignorance is the greatest disease indeed!

Even a fool would be consudered wise if only he would keep his mouth shut.

[color=#990000][/color]If it applies to you, then go figure!
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by zains: 11:44am On Dec 12, 2007
If our political leaders exhibit 1/10th of the leadership abilities that our spiritual leaders possess, then Nigeria would have been heaven on earth. It takes great leadership qualities and abilities to peacefully command the kind of followership that Nigerian spiritual leaders command, and also lead Nigerian christians to achieve great feats like this one. Let the political leaders try to achieve such and we'll hail them.

They have not even been able to lead their very corrupt political parties of just a few thieving rats, yet we want to castigate the Church leaders.

Well, if only, just if only, sad
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by TerrySoft(m): 12:02pm On Dec 12, 2007
What we must know in all these is that you can sin with your tongue (post) if you are not careful over the utterances you make.

JAMES 1:26 Says: If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's RELIGION is vain.

Now what i have to say about this supposed World's Biggest Auditorium is a simple question. Does it comply with what is written in JAMES 1:27 Pure RELIGION and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

I've listened to Adeboye and you and i know he is seasoned in the word of God and must have read the verse above a thousand times if not more.

Some actions might be right (like building the biggest auditorium in the world in the name of God) but what is the motive behind the project?

When solomon built the temple, he was a king and did that with his riches and the reason was seen on the day the temple was dedicated as the glory of God filled the temple to the extent the priests could not minister in the inner court.

Now if the motive behind this building is nothing more than to be known as this or that in the eyes of men or to be counted as having done something no one has done, then it's pathetic.

I would compare it to the wave of media publications that followed Christ Embassy's Atmosphere for miracles in which they prefer to shout on the media how they hosted the largest single event rather than talk about the effect of the event in people's lives. All i heard was "this is the first event with over 3million ppl inattendance, what a might God, and the likes rather than saying what significant changes the event made in ppls lives
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by weebee(f): 12:06pm On Dec 12, 2007
So RCCG built such a huge auditorium with that much? Isn't God so wonderful to have allowed this to
happen in Nigerian and through Christians? May His name be praised forever!

Now to all the critics in the house, i sincerely encourage you to continue to run your mouth
and watch as God is using His people to do great things while you are just there making no impact.
What have you ever done to those leaders who embezzled our money for their use and their generations to come
Now a  pastor brought together his congregation and built a worship centre, not his own personal house, the money was not slashed away for his selfish interest neither was the money used to acquire private properties and yet you condemned the act, may God forgive you all.

You talked about the poor and the needy as if you love them, have you forgotten that the bible says the poor
would not cease from the land? Even in the days of our Lord Jesus Christ there were still poor people! So wake up, it a matter of choice and stop pointing accusing fingers at the church asking what the church has done to help. What are you doing personally to alienate poverty from your lineage and our society at large?
Please it's high time we all stood up to our responsibilities.
If your daughter is beautiful say it, that does not make her your wife
RCCG UNA WELDONE
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by knzguru(m): 12:28pm On Dec 12, 2007
Tithes and offering are given voluntrarily and even then i dont think we believe we're giving it to a man but to
God and we only expect bleesings form Him. We should not get judgemental and reswolve to finger pointing when it comes to Church issues as we know that what anyone does in the name of God will be returned to him.

Management everywhere in the world is allowed to disburse or allocate funds as they deem necessary in order to accomplish their aims and objectives. Church management therefore allows for the same. RCCG has consistently ove the years shown trememdous growth, which shows that they must be doing something right.

I can bet however that the people who are advocating using the church funds for social empowerment are themsleves clueless about what RCCG does for those in need. So until you know for sure that they shy away from socila responsibility, please SHUT UP
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Passworded: 12:46pm On Dec 12, 2007
The world is not the problem at all
Its the people in it, we are all hypocrites,

People build mansions,buy jets, for heavens sake, some even buy streets,
but no, its common place so being the hypocrites that we all are, we just shrug it off,
now a Churh builds a house for God (take note i used the word Church), Note that its for God, not for the Pastor, where millions of people
can come to worship God in ambience, at least we have world class clubs,cinemas even Gambling houses where people can carry out their activities in a relaxed and comfortable manner, but yet, being the hypocrites that we are, its a pastor we pick on,
also, the money is a realisation of an accumulation of believers who share the same dream.(not one person's money)
believe there are some nigerians who actually have this kind of money as individuals
one thing is for sure, THERE IS GOD, please do not be fooled,

That auditorium was not built so as to accomodate more people, noooo, the members of the church are already enuf to fill up that auditorium, it was only built to ensure that aevry1 worshipped God in a place befitting, but being the hypocrites that we are,

The best thing you can give to any man is salvation , not material things, cos all other things will follow once he surrenders, please take note that i am not trying to appeal to anyone's conscience, its just that it is better to live like there is God and finally realise he doesnt exist than to live like there is no God and finally find out he exists.

I am not claiming born again, but i know the truth, and thats one thing i will always stand for, i cant decieve myself

ANYONE WHO SAYS THERE IS NO GOD IS A FOOL, !!!!
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by kaydee(m): 12:56pm On Dec 12, 2007
cheesy cheesy cheesy

I see a lil bit of Judas Iscariot in some people here."That can be used on the poor". I hate it so much when people talk bout something they know lil or nothin bout.

Even if it's a zillion naira,it ain't too much for God since it's not his residential house and RCCG does not belong to him.He's the most humble man of God.

@ Passworded

May God increase ur wisdom
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by deor03(m): 1:08pm On Dec 12, 2007
I am ok with the idea if only the building will not be filled with

traffic offenders,one-way drivers, wicked lecturers , 419 bankers , pal greasing civil servants, 20naira policemen , oil bunkering military personnel, passport racketring imigration officers etc
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by TerrySoft(m): 1:15pm On Dec 12, 2007
What we must know in all these is that you can sin with your tongue (post) if you are not careful over the utterances you make.

JAMES 1:26 Says: If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's RELIGION is vain.

Now what i have to say about this supposed World's Biggest Auditorium is a simple question. Does it comply with what is written in JAMES 1:27 Pure RELIGION and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

I've listened to Adeboye and you and i know he is seasoned in the word of God and must have read the verse above a thousand times if not more.

Some actions might be right (like building the biggest auditorium in the world in the name of God) but what is the motive behind the project?

When solomon built the temple, he was a king and did that with his riches and the reason was seen on the day the temple was dedicated as the glory of God filled the temple to the extent the priests could not minister in the inner court.

Now if the motive behind this building is nothing more than to be known as this or that in the eyes of men or to be counted as having done something no one has done, then it's pathetic.

I would compare it to the wave of media publications that followed Christ Embassy's Atmosphere for miracles in which they prefer to shout on the media how they hosted the largest single event rather than talk about the effect of the event in people's lives. All i heard was "this is the first event with over 3million ppl in attendance, what a might God, and the likes rather than saying what significant changes the event made in ppls life.

That goes a long way to show the real motive behind most "outrageous" events, hence the World's Biggest Auditorium.

I hold my peace.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Kobojunkie: 1:15pm On Dec 12, 2007
Nope. I am serious about it @Texazzpete. I happen to be one person who has actually experienced what it means to be poor and I tell you this. This has nothing to do with the poor but the fact that we are making it about the poor. I remember you posting somewhere about how you proudly made so much money this year that you paid over 1 million in taxes to the government. Why is it then  this churches place to save the poor and not yours with all you have made this year?? I mean think of it people. I happen to be a Christian and I disagree completely with the way people jump to conclusions based on the amount involved without actually knowing what went on behind closed doors. Apparently we are talking of a massive church here that needs a place to house all the congregation. Regardless of the traffic jam caused by the people each week, does it make it their duty to come up with answers to Nigerias problems. All I have seen are mainly people calling for this church to spend the money on feediing the poor, building bore holes and what not neglecting the fact that that job is already taken by someone else and so I see no reason why anyone should demand a church do the work of government.

The money does not belong to the people to Nigeria. The Church Members are not public servants. This is not a public owned company and so what a private non-profit chooses to do with it's money is solely the business of that company. SIMPLE!! you go to Any court and try to lay up a case against them as in here, you will be told the same, what they choose to do with their own money is their own business. Please stop ascribing different rules to the church now.

Now to consider the actual needs of the people who attend the church and put together the money for this project, they know the reason why they continue to attend the church. This reminds me of what happened some years back with Lakewood church over in texas. The Church announced it was embarking on a 70 million dollar rebuild project and the media ran off with it. Yes, that time it was the largest of it's kind. Without even knowing the situation in the church, people ran off with it. The man was made into a CRIMINAL of sorts too. BUt today, millions tune in to see the new church packed full with people from wall to wall. I believe over 30,000 people show up to church each sunday( 2services). The Story changed with the media. The man became a hero and no more the demon pastor trying to swindle people out of 70 million dollars. One of the many business men who refused to vote that he get the center which he wanted for the church now attends the church. The man like man criticized him and labelled him another 419 pastor who should be spending the money on the poor.

If we were all really concerned about the poor ourselves, then all those in here are even more wicked in that we own computers and have internet connection.How about those of you who are so concerned about the poor give up those luxuries and start from there

You stated that religion is meant to give man hope. Why then do we continually put our hope in men and not the belief itself that the religion proclaims?? What has this pastor and his congregation to do with religion when they are just a group who have decided it is beneficial for them to have a massive building to house the many who show up to worship with them?? What has the pastor and his decision to do with religion?? Let me guess, we are of the mind that pastors and and their congregants should worship out in the elements so we can be happy with our little egos and claim we have religion all figured out that way??

Let us please deal with things as they really should be. If you want to feed the poor, build good roads and help the needy, use your own money and better still, tell the government to use your own money to do what it needs to do for the people. However, when it comes to things like this, I say we leave people to do with their own money what they will.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by labiyemmy(m): 1:26pm On Dec 12, 2007
How many of you will become so so so super rich and remember the poor and the decayed social infrastructure that you so much want the church to remember now?

Even at your lowly state now? What r u doing to obey the injunctions of the Bible that says you should be able to share what you have with the poor and in fact give your widows mite to needy causes. How many of you? Hypocrites.

What makes you guiltless if out of the thousands and millions or even hundreds that you have, you don't spend on penny or kobo or cent or whatever on supporting any human cause, you are as gulity as whoever you are poiting guilt fingers at.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Segunusaid(m): 1:34pm On Dec 12, 2007
@ poster & others,
most times i resist the temptation to joining issues with  pple on a topic like this, but sometimes silence means acquiscence hence this post, it never ceased to amazed me the level of moral bankcruptcy and dearth of knowledge among the pple of my generation, most especially with regards to the word of God.

I also take cognizance of the fact that most pple that sent recent post about the church of God and His servants may not necessary be christians but pple that want to use opportunity of this free medium to vent their anger at the advancement of the word of God and prosperity of the christian church, i also wonder if such pple can confidently declare their faith for us to know if they ve the right to insult the church & pastors in Nigeria.

It is not unusual for them to draw the fickle minded ones among us into the logic of establishing a correlation btw the prosperity of the christian church and  the suffering of the downtrodden masses of this country as if the church has taken over the role of government.

For those oppose to record breakin prosperity of the church , i want to sound a note of warning here; YOU AIN'T SEE NOTHING! This is just the begining.

Maybe i should ask you this questions:

do u build the largest auditorium for animals?
do u worship ur own god in the bush?
do u build an auditorium at that cost if there no need for it?
do u know that God's temples were the largest & the most expensive in the scriptures?
do u know that Redeemed Christian Church of God has a membership of about 4million?
do u know the annual congress has the peak worshippers of over 6million on the conservative side?
And do u know that RCCG has over 6000 parishes all over the world including Arab states Kuwait, U.A.E, pakistan & china, india and some other hard to reach areas not to mention western worlds?
if God is not helping this ministry, is it your own power?

If you doubt this, the annual congress is goin on till 15th of Dec, 2007 you can avail urself of the opportunity to confirm by login to the internet & searrch for RCCG website.

God commanded His children to give, is anyone has problem with that or would you ve been happier if His children disobey Him? If He asked them to give, is the money meant to be thrown into the lagoon or to be distributed on the street to those beggars? While the church may perform charity functions to its members and non-members, the church is not an NGO but  a spiritual organisation that has a GREAT COMMISSION TO SPREAD THE GOSPEL OF THE GRACE OF GOD IN EVERY NATION AND TO EVERY PEOPLE.

And if people are giving for the fullfilment of this COMMISSION,, is there a problem with that? or will a man give if he has not been blessed by the same God? God gave Jesus to the world, is anything too much for you to give back to God? out of your abundant or even poverty, do you pay for your breath? For your information God is not just a businessman, He's a serious businessman, He has eternal purpose & counsel that the gospel be preached to all of mankind as a witness to every people & Jesus will come, then we will know who is His servant and who is not

Needless to say here that the church of God has been a target for assult of godless men &women down thru the ages but it has ever prospered & it will contineu to be for ever & ever Amen.

I observed a trend on this forum that some (not all) of the pple that sent negative posts and comment about church & God's servant in Nigeria are mostly based abroad. Well, i understand the level religion apathy most esp. in the western world of today & and how such could affect pple that are not deeply rooted in their  God b4 their departure to seek greener pasture abroad, but i like to tell u that the foundation of those nations were rooted in God not minding the state of their lukewarmness now.

The Bible says, "righteosness exalt a nation but sin is a reproach for every people"

Am sure the people condemning churches & His servants here care less about the beggars posted here to well up emotions & sentiment, if they do why can't they just go ahead & start an NGO to take care of those beggars.

If you don't understand an issue or a topic, is it not better to keep quiet than to speak out of the vanity of a darkened  mind?
If Adeboye or Oyedepo are ridin the best cars or jets, is it too much? are those things made for a particular set of pple? doesn't we ve presidential fleet of aircraft or is obasanjo and Yar Adua of this world greater in status or in  substance than a man of God ?or what gives the impression that men of God or christians should not use the best cars or jets? My bible tells me that heaven is made of the street of gold. Those of us that knows Adeboye know he doesn't use more than a single care and no armed policemen as bodyguard, when he get a new car he gives the former out. I mean these are men that if you want to book an appointment with them, due to their preachin engagement you can be given a tally for Oct 2008, they go round the world preachin & you wonder if they ve time for family &friends just like you & I and yet they don't need a jet for that?

My advise is pple should refrain from misleading others on topic they know next to nothing about.

This post is not to shield fraudulent men of God from objective criticism but people should exercise some degree of sanity & decorum most especially on issues they re oblivion about and that relates to God & His servants, becos insultin some of them can put you in direct collision with God & u won't like that except u re ready for destruction.

thank you.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Carlosein(m): 1:36pm On Dec 12, 2007
i am so, so speechless and do so seriously pray the traffic situation on that road is put into consideration (one million people  shocked) OMG

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

2014 Prophecy By W.f. Kumuyi Of Deeper Life / 'I Am Dangerously Wealthy, I Am Rich' - Bishop Oyedepo Says / Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.