Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,473 members, 7,812,463 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:47 PM

FTA Help - Ask Your FTA Questions Here - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / FTA Help - Ask Your FTA Questions Here (6912 Views)

FTA Frequency / Latest Tech Multi LNB Satellite Dish (FTA) More Than 150 Free Channels / FTA For MBC2, MBC4, MBC Action & MBC Max (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FTA Help - Ask Your FTA Questions Here by bodejohn(m): 10:37pm On Dec 11, 2007
Dear all,
It has been a wonderful time for me reading all the wonderful posts here.
I had wandered through the internet to gather bits and pieces of information for myself before i got here but
I can confidently say that this is the best collection of fta articles and write up available on a any single site.
I have a dish facing 68.5 (Pas 7/10Ku) and i am thinking of adding another dish. Has any of you guys tried out any other satellite apart from Pas 7/10? Can you please advice me on any other satellite that i can face. I live in Ibadan and will prefer a fta
satellite in the Ku band range.

Thanks
Re: FTA Help - Ask Your FTA Questions Here by Enigma(m): 11:23pm On Dec 11, 2007
http://www.dishpointer.com/ type in 'ibadan nigeria'

http://www.lyngsat.com/europe.html (eastern sats - check footprint)

http://www.lyngsat.com/atlantic.html (western sats - check footprint)

Starting with first link, the three sites should give you an idea of what Ku sats can be received in Ibadan and what size dish.
Re: FTA Help - Ask Your FTA Questions Here by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 16, 2007
@ poster,

then you can face nss7 at 22 W, you will be able to watch premeirship and la liga match, just like i do, check my previous posts on the Free-To-Air Sattellite Thread.

@ enigma,
hpw u dey, i still dey wait for your response oooooooo
Re: FTA Help - Ask Your FTA Questions Here by bodejohn(m): 3:35am On Dec 17, 2007
Enitan,
Thanks for the reply.
It was informative.
I need more details please about the frequencies, fec rate etc etc. i will check lynsat too.
Can i pick the signal with a dish that is less than the popular 90cm dish?
To get the 22w NSS 7 will i be facing the back of mytvafrica and dstv?
I want to be sure.
I promise to share my experience as soon as i get it hooked.
Thanks man
Re: FTA Help - Ask Your FTA Questions Here by Nobody: 4:39am On Dec 17, 2007
bodejohn:

Enitan,
Thanks for the reply.
It was informative.
I need more details please about the frequencies, fec rate etc etc. i will check lynsat too.
Can i pick the signal with a dish that is less than the popular 90cm dish?
To get the 22w NSS 7 will i be facing the back of mytvafrica and dstv?
I want to be sure.
I promise to share my experience as soon as i get it hooked.
Thanks man

i dont really remember the freq and tp rate, you can check on lyngsat for that info. The direction of the dish will be backing that of mytv and dstv just as you said, and for you to really enjoy the stations on that platform, you've got to learn how to understand and speak french language, but they also have some english channels and programmes, for more info on this, go to the free to air satellie thread, you will learn so much there.
Re: FTA Help - Ask Your FTA Questions Here by bodejohn(m): 2:47am On Dec 18, 2007
i am only intrested in the live premeirship matches
Re: FTA Help - Ask Your FTA Questions Here by mecussey(m): 12:22pm On Dec 18, 2007
Enitan please what size of dish do you use on 22 deg west
Re: FTA Help - Ask Your FTA Questions Here by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 18, 2007
@ mecussey,

i'm using 90cm dish. do you need any assistance?
Re: FTA Help - Ask Your FTA Questions Here by bodejohn(m): 9:36am On Dec 20, 2007
Guys,
As i promised here are the details of my installation.
First my mistakes,
If you are searching for a new Ku satellite, do not use anydish short of the 90cm.
It will be quicker and better.
You also need to do more of research and ask questions from the gurus we have in this forum.
Nss 7 @ 22w is just some 60 to 90 degrees from a dstv dish reference.
That is, you just turn to the right from the dstv direction (for azimuth) the eleveation is also very close to that of the dstv.
My hardware dealer messed me up because the diseqec 2.0 connector he sold to me did not not work.
I intend to get a replacement from him so i can watch the the two satellites i have together.
Most of the channels on the Nss 7 are scrambled on seca. I think we need to focus on that too.
I also need details of how i can add another lnd to my Nss 7 so i can pick intelsat 902 @ 27.5w.
Re: FTA Help - Ask Your FTA Questions Here by Enigma(m): 11:52am On Dec 20, 2007
bodejohn

That is so cool; hurry up and get a new diseqc switch and you can then configure your system for the three satellites 68.5e, 22w (which you already have) and 27.5w which you should get by adding another LNB to the right hand side (looking from front of dish) of the current 22w LNB --- or you can find out how best by experimenting. See example on this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-7715.364.html (post no. 364) and https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-7715.262.html (post no. 262).
Re: FTA Help - Ask Your FTA Questions Here by mecussey(m): 12:54pm On Dec 20, 2007
Enitan, Boudejohn and Enigma is the premiership channel scrambled? on 22 deg west
Re: FTA Help - Ask Your FTA Questions Here by bodejohn(m): 5:36pm On Dec 20, 2007
mecussey:

Enitan, Bodejohn and Enigma is the premiership channel scrambled? on 22 deg west

I have just installed the Nss 22w, i will check over the weekend and get back to you.

It was a hard time for me trying to install the disqec switch.
I thought the receiver will just accept the two lnbs without any setting or adjustment but i was wrong.
For all the guys trying to install multiple dishes, you will have to change some settings in the satellite installation setup
of your decoder.

This is the hottest news for guys who have fta and will like to add dstv.
You can use strong's 4653x decoder for dstv.
I tried it and it worked.
if i doesn't work i have a patch that will make it work.
I can send it to anyone who needs it.
It is heavier than what this forum can take, i would have attached it.
If you have a strong 4653x you can also do the upgrade.
i have used it for more than a month now.
It will increase the signal strenght/quality of the channels.
i think it is the lastest software patch available now.
Re: FTA Help - Ask Your FTA Questions Here by bode4real(m): 11:15pm On Dec 23, 2007
@ all
u guys are doing a great job, all d info on dis topic worked for me,
infact i'm now using my srt 4653x for both my dstv & d nss7 channels,
but the dove channel on nss7 is not showin and its free, need d gurus to check dis out.
Re: FTA Help - Ask Your FTA Questions Here by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 24, 2007
bode4real:

@ all
u guys are doing a great job, all d info on this topic worked for me,
infact i'm now using my srt 4653x for both my dstv & d nss7 channels,
but the dove channel on nss7 is not showin and its free, need d gurus to check this out.

i havent seen any dove channel on nss7 at lyngsat.com, where do you get you info from?
Re: FTA Help - Ask Your FTA Questions Here by bode4real(m): 8:35am On Dec 25, 2007
enitan2002
i did not check lyngsat for the channel, i followed all the guideline i got from
fta satellite topic on dis forum. after wish i did a blind scan and all the posted
channel came up with the dove channel. salute to u and jujuchemist.
Re: FTA Help - Ask Your FTA Questions Here by bodejohn(m): 10:08am On Dec 26, 2007
bode4real:

enitan2002
i did not check lyngsat for the channel, i followed all the guideline i got from
fta satellite topic on this forum. after wish i did a blind scan and all the posted

Bode4real,
Pls post the details (freq, pol, symbol rate) of the dove channel for all of us.
We can also arrange a meeting since i stay in ibadan too.
Thanks
Re: FTA Help - Ask Your FTA Questions Here by memento: 7:19pm On Dec 26, 2007
hello guys, please help, i presently receive MYTV plus all its free to air, please i intend to receive more stations but im at a crossroad, which one will be preferable. To add additional LNB to my present location (east) or To mount another dish facing west?? please which one gives me better and many more stations. Thanks men, you are all doing great. I can't wait to hear from you.
Re: FTA Help - Ask Your FTA Questions Here by bodejohn(m): 7:13am On Dec 27, 2007
memento:

hello guys, please help, i presently receive MYTV plus all its free to air, please i intend to receive more stations but im at a crossroad, which one will be preferable. To add additional LNB to my present location (east) or To mount another dish facing west?? please which one gives me better and many more stations. Thanks men, you are all doing great. I can't wait to hear from you.

That will be easy if you can read all the posts in this thread.
Get a 90cm dish and face the back the back of your mytv africa dish.
You will get Nss 7 on 22w and by adding another lnb beside the one on the dish you will get Intelsat 901.
You can do it alone if you did the mytv installation yourself otherwise do more research or get an installer to do it for you.
Re: FTA Help - Ask Your FTA Questions Here by Ejike3: 5:47pm On Jan 04, 2008
For all you need concerning FTA click here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-7715.0.html and read through.
Re: FTA Help - Ask Your FTA Questions Here by bode4real(m): 6:57pm On Jan 16, 2008
bodejohn,
pls can u comfirm the new frq. for the nollywood chanell on eutelsat w4
Re: FTA Help - Ask Your FTA Questions Here by bodejohn(m): 9:48pm On Jan 16, 2008
bode4real:

bodejohn,
please can u comfirm the new frq. for the nollywood chanell on eutelsat w4

I am still watching nollywood on IS 907.
I have not tried out their W4 signal although i see the advert.
Their service will not be better than MYTV africa except for the nollywood channel.

bode4real:

enitan2002
fta satellite topic on this forum. after wish i did a blind scan and all the posted

Bode4real, Pls kindly post the details of the Dove channel you talked about.
Re: FTA Help - Ask Your FTA Questions Here by dekin(m): 1:51pm On Jan 17, 2008
@bodejhon pls can u send me d latest patch 4 strong decoder my email is nonye4real@yahoo.com thanx
Re: FTA Help - Ask Your FTA Questions Here by bode4real(m): 9:01pm On Jan 17, 2008
@ bodejohn,
i've travelled out of where i installed the nss7 dish, but b/4 i travelled the dove chanell is scrambled
Re: FTA Help - Ask Your FTA Questions Here by bodejohn(m): 8:59am On Jan 19, 2008
dekin:

@bodejhon please can u send me d latest patch 4 strong decoder my email is nonye4real@yahoo.com thanx

i hope it is not wrong to post a link here

http://wizkid.persiangig.com

You will find the latest patches there.
Re: FTA Help - Ask Your FTA Questions Here by dekin(m): 9:44am On Jan 19, 2008
thanx bodejhon have just been there so many files. A little help on which of d file to download and hw to go about updating it on my strong decoder will be appreciated. I use str 4653x by d way
Re: FTA Help - Ask Your FTA Questions Here by dekin(m): 9:47am On Jan 19, 2008
thanx bodejhon have just been there so many files. A little help on which of d file to download and hw to go about updating it on my strong decoder will be appreciated. I use str 4653x by d way
Re: FTA Help - Ask Your FTA Questions Here by bodejohn(m): 8:55pm On Jan 21, 2008
dekin:

Go directly to

http://wizkid.persiangig.com/Patch%204%20Africa/

Click on

SRT4651X_4654X_MyTV_138p_20080121.zip

After download put it on a flash, and connect to your receiver.

Go to the menu of the receiver and scroll to usb

You will see some options and one of the options will be related to upgrade( i am not sure which as i am not infront of my receiver now)

You can go through your manual to comfirm the process.

Bros make sure power is not switched off when you do this.

I do not know what will happen if that happens ,

I'm not trying to scare you,
Re: FTA Help - Ask Your FTA Questions Here by TonUch: 11:02am On Jan 22, 2008
@bodejhon
Thankx alot for this info. It really worked! cool
Re: FTA Help - Ask Your FTA Questions Here by miyamaya: 3:44pm On Jan 22, 2008
Hello, am new here but have spent enough time to go through all the postings. I could like to known how many satellites apart from intelsat 7/10 @65.5 E can I receive. I have a strong receiver 4652. This is my new hobby and was able to install the dish (90cm) first time. Am also interested to know more about the LNBS with Ku/C band together. What does a patch do? Keep it up this is one forum i have enjoyed.
Re: FTA Help - Ask Your FTA Questions Here by miyamaya: 3:49pm On Jan 22, 2008
I live in Zambia. what size of dish do i need to get a wealth while satellite
Re: FTA Help - Ask Your FTA Questions Here by Enigma(m): 11:18pm On Jan 22, 2008
Type your location and dish details into www.dishpointer.com and it should tell you what satellites you can receive without too much difficulty.

Also try asking at this link http://www.rdi-board.com/showthread.php?t=36090 as there are people there expert/knowledgeable on satellites receivable in Eastern and Southern Africa.
Re: FTA Help - Ask Your FTA Questions Here by miyamaya: 12:29pm On Jan 23, 2008
Thanks Enigama. I will do just that.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Solution To Champion Tv, Top Tv And Max Scramble Channel / Live Dstv Superport 10 Channel, Mnet, And Others Only On 4669 / End to Satellite Installation stress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.