Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,499 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

How Can Islam Be A Religion Of Peace ? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How Can Islam Be A Religion Of Peace ? (2542 Views)

Can Islam Stand Thorough Scrutiny? / Can Islam Really Survive Another 20 Years? / Can Islam Justify This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can Islam Be A Religion Of Peace ? by focused(m): 11:20pm On Dec 11, 2007
The link below tell you what happened in Algeria :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/7137997.stm

Is Islamic religion a complete threat to human existence ?

How can it a religion of peace ? When all they do is kill and kill.

What differentiates them from witches amd wizard who are so blood thirsty ? After killing all these people, will they give their prophet muhammed the blood to drink ?

May God save us from all these blood thirsty vampires who call themselves muslims.
Re: How Can Islam Be A Religion Of Peace ? by Pain(m): 7:35am On Dec 12, 2007
Neither is "New Age Christianity" that employs Weapons of Mass Extortion and Deception.
Re: How Can Islam Be A Religion Of Peace ? by focused(m): 11:07am On Dec 12, 2007
@pain :

Mention one of them if what you saying have any credibility
Re: How Can Islam Be A Religion Of Peace ? by olabowale(m): 1:51pm On Dec 12, 2007
@ The Poster: Islam has its name derived from Salaam, meaning peace. And Silm
meaning complete entry. What is your point? Lets me quote what think may be acceptable
as statement of Jesus from the Bible: Physician heals thyself or remove the Timber (my own
wording) from your eye, before the speck on my eyelashes!

Go tackle the issue of Christian nations first, in their evilness against mankind and specifically
against Islam before you have the reason to talk about Islam. You see the Christian nations
having fair weathered friends; they use you to their satisfaction and throw you to the dustbin!

They are not judicial across the board! They protect even an evil leadership, it it helps to do
their biddings. They instigate the outright destructions of even a good leadership, if the leader
not dance to their own tunes!

Take a chill pill and chill out for a while!
Re: How Can Islam Be A Religion Of Peace ? by auwal87(m): 5:36pm On Dec 12, 2007
Islam, Christianity, Judaism, etc are not the problem, but the followers are the problem, in all these three major religions, killing outrightly is not allowed, for example in the Holy Qur'an, God Almighty says:

(Qur'an 5:32) For this reason did We prescribe to the children of Israel that whoever slays a soul, unless it be for manslaughter or for mischief in the land, it is as though he slew all men; and whoever keeps it alive, it is as though he kept alive all men; and certainly Our apostles came to them with clear arguments, but even after that many of them certainly act extravagantly in the land.

In this case, you will learn that of killing innocent human beings is totally not permitted in Islam, even the Suicide Bombers themselves are killing Innocent People, and so, they have rejected the above verse, and they are eventually not Muslims since they reject what Almighty Allah says while taking unproved Hadith as their backings to take Suicide.
Re: How Can Islam Be A Religion Of Peace ? by TayoD1(m): 5:56pm On Dec 12, 2007
@auwal87,

Islam, Christianity, Judaism, etc are not the problem, but the followers are the problem, in all these three major religions, killing outrightly is not allowed, for example in the Holy Qur'an, God Almighty says:

(Qur'an 5:32) For this reason did We prescribe to the children of Israel that whoever slays a soul, unless it be for manslaughter or for mischief in the land, it is as though he slew all men; and whoever keeps it alive, it is as though he kept alive all men; and certainly Our apostles came to them with clear arguments, but even after that many of them certainly act extravagantly in the land.
Actually, you need to give credit to the real author of that verse you quoted. That verse in Surah 5:32 was plagiarized by Mohammed from the Jewish oral tradition (the Mishnah). That statement was lifted word for word from the "Babylonian Talmud, Tractate Sanhedrin, 37a.

As per the topic at hand, muslims who steal, kill and destroy have a good example in Mohammed. Christians who do that cannot ever point to Jesus Christ or His early disciples as their role models. So yo see, a Christian who steals, kills and destoy is obviously a bastard, while the muslim who does that is a real son of his father - Mohammed!
Re: How Can Islam Be A Religion Of Peace ? by olabowale(m): 7:01pm On Dec 12, 2007
Suratual Azhab, verse clearly states that Muhammad is the father of any of you men,
Clearly, Muhammad lived in very early generation to have been my father. i am living
right now. Muhammad lived over 1400 years ago. If Muhammad is my father, then it is
a miracle that Muslims have not really acknowledged. But thanks for pointing it out to
us!

AS to Jesus, the last time I checked, Christianity only borrowed his name. Jesus himself
was not a Christian! He did not start the religion, and he had no role in formulating its
concept. Maybe TayoD wanted to say Saul who later became Paul, but Jesus was a more
presentable name anyway.

Please present your evidence, side by side so that we can compare the Verse 32 of
Surah 5, with your supposed plagiarised sources; Babylonian Talmud and the Mishnash?

And whoever call people bastards, and if they are truly not bastard, the statement will
actually return to the speaker as a curse.
Re: How Can Islam Be A Religion Of Peace ? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Dec 12, 2007
the name Islam being derived from the word peace is just a cover. .

it is part of the deceit which the religion encourages as part of Jihad. .

The koran by itself is a manual for war, deceit pillaging and all sort of evil. .

and the true muslims are the ones blowing up things/ slaughtering people all over the place

muslims are enjoined to conquer the world and make sure we all live by sharia

and the evil guide book for all this is the quran.

THE KORAN TEACHES MUSLIMS THEY MUST FIGHT AND KILL UNBELIEVERS :

WARFARE IS ORDAINED FOR YOU, though it is hateful unto you; but it may happen that you hate a thing which is good for you and it may happen that you love a thing which is bad for you. (2.216)

THE KORAN PROMISES MUSLIMS COUNTRIES TO CONQUER AND THE SPOILS THEREIN:

Sura 33 "And he bequeathed to you their lands, their homes and their possessions, together with land you have never trodden" (33.27) .

THE KORAN TELLS MUSLIMS TO BE QUIET UNTIL THEY HAVE THE NUMBERS TO START DEMANDING THEIR WAY IN THE COUNTRIES THEY HAVE INVADED:

"Be patient with unbelievers until you have strength" (86.17).

THE KORAN TELL MUSLIMS TO FIGHT- AND ALL INFIDELS MUST PAY TAXES TO THEM

Fight those among the People of the Book [i.e. Jews and Christians] , who do not profess the true religion, until they pay tribute out of hand and are utterly subdued. (9.29)

THE KORAN TEACHES DECEIPT

Quran 3:28 Don't have unbelieving friends unless it is to deceive them. Remember the final goal is to Allah.

THE KORAN TEACHES WORLD DOMINATION:

"AND FIGHT THEM UNTIL THERE IS NO PERSECUTION , AND RELIGION SHALL BE ONLY FOR ALLAH 2:193

Quran 9:33 ISLAM WILL PREVAIL OVER ALL RELIGIONS

no good will come from Islam. .
this nonsense going to continue for decades until their defeated convincingly in their stupid jihad
Re: How Can Islam Be A Religion Of Peace ? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Dec 12, 2007
olabowale:

AS to Jesus, the last time I checked, Christianity only borrowed his name. Jesus himself
was not a Christian! He did not start the religion, and he had no role in formulating its
concept.
Maybe TayoD wanted to say Saul who later became Paul, but Jesus was a more
presentable name anyway.

To start with, the word "christian" is derived from CHRIST and was given to the early disciples by those who saw them act and speak as Christ did. Read the book of acts before uttering yet more indefensible drivel.

Jesus Christ played no role in formulating the concept of christianity? Jesus Christ is the symbol of the christian life . . . without the cross there is no redemption, no salvation and no eternal life.

olabowale:

Please present your evidence, side by side so that we can compare the Verse 32 of
Surah 5, with your supposed plagiarised sources; Babylonian Talmud and the Mishnash?

I find it hard not to call you a hypocrite. There is a thread on the issue of plagiarism that you have carefully avoided. Start from there.
Re: How Can Islam Be A Religion Of Peace ? by leyla(f): 7:40pm On Dec 12, 2007
I'm new on here, but this caught my eye. In reply to original question, i believe Islam can be a religion of peace if the Quran is understood and interpreted as it should be.
Muslim religion has come after Christianity and to complete and deliver the message that Jesus had already started 500 years prior to Mohamed's message.
When you read the quran there are certain things i must point out.
1. Anything that might harm your body is forbidden i.e that means smoking, drinking, drugs etc.
2. If somebody kills a person by accident the quran says you must not take an eye for an eye but ask for compensation instead and be forgiving.
3 Quran forbids you from ending your life, but it allows you to sacrifice your life in a war situation. Civilians must not be targeted.
lets take the first point for example.
The reason why alcohol is forbidden, is because somebody might say "I'll drink one glass and I'm in control", the only problem is that one glass can lead to another and eventually you may loose control and therefore you could commit a crime. :crazy:
The problem is that in many places around the world people interprate the Muslim religion to suit their own need and not necessarily what the Quran dictates. This can lead to misconceptions and extremism.
Re: How Can Islam Be A Religion Of Peace ? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Dec 12, 2007
leyla:

I'm new on here, but this caught my eye. In reply to original question, i believe Islam can be a religion of peace if the Quran is understood and interpreted as it should be.

You really believe the above politically correct misrepresentation of islam as a religion of "peaceful" adherents? Not even mohammed was peaceful.
Muhammad said : "No drop is more dear to Allah than two drops; a drop of tear shed in the fear of Allah, and a drop of blood shed in the path of Allah."

I'm sure he wasnt refering to chicken blood. Please let us know how it is possible to "peacefully" shed a drop of blood in the path of allah.

leyla:

Muslim religion has come after Christianity and to complete and deliver the message that Jesus had already started 500 years prior to Mohamed's message.

Jesus Christ brought the message of redemption THROUGH THE CROSS. . . Islam categorically denies that Christ died for our sins, how then could mohammed claim to have come to complete the message of Jesus Christ? Just before Christ gave up the ghost on the cross He declared - IT IS FINISHED! What else did mohammed now come to complete?

The LIE about mohammed bringing the final message of Jesus is simply a fraud that islam uses to lend a cloak of legitimacy to itself. Outside the bible, remove the dishonest references to biblical prophets and all you have left is a demonic cult.

leyla:

1. Anything that might harm your body is forbidden i.e that means smoking, drinking, drugs etc.

But allah provides for drinking in "jaanat" . . . infact rivers flowing with liquor. What's the point forbiding it here on earth?

leyla:

2. If somebody kills a person by accident the quran says you must not take an eye for an eye but ask for compensation instead and be forgiving.

But anyone who reverts from islam MUST be killed eh?

leyla:

3 Quran forbids you from ending your life, but it allows you to sacrifice your life in a war situation. Civilians must not be targeted.

what is the difference between 6 and half a dozen?

leyla:

The reason why alcohol is forbidden, is because somebody might say "I'll drink one glass and I'm in control", the only problem is that one glass can lead to another and eventually you may loose control and therefore you could commit a crime. :crazy:

there are rivers flowing with liquor in heaven.

leyla:

The problem is that in many places around the world people interprate the Muslim religion to suit their own need and not necessarily what the Quran dictates. This can lead to misconceptions and extremism.

What about other religions . . .? Why is islam the only one with a problem of misconceptions?
Re: How Can Islam Be A Religion Of Peace ? by olabowale(m): 7:50pm On Dec 12, 2007
@Davidylan: My dear nephew. I would love to call you a son, but that will be
presumptuous of me. I really don't know howamiable you are to it all, since I
am a Muslim. I know how you dislike Islam.

But the point is this, I have responded to the matter of plagiarism that is such a
fish bone sticking your throat., making you bleed profusely. Listen you wanna
talk about it, there are over 6000 ayah in the Qur'an, how many is plagiarised?

Lets talk about it. There are 114 chapter, which one you wanna tackle first.

Lets be civilnabout it and not jumping all over the board. Line your people up.

InshaAllah, we will alleviate your concerns.
Re: How Can Islam Be A Religion Of Peace ? by auwal87(m): 7:54pm On Dec 12, 2007
*Tayo-D

Okay, your belief is that all the Qur'an was copied from different sources, including the Babylonian Talmud, okay, We Muslims believe 100% with its contents no matter where it was copied from, then what is your problem now with the Issue that the Verse (5:32) was copied from somewhere else, as we are not talking of the genuinity of the Holy Qur'an now, but to even prove you wrong, this is exactly what "Babylonian Talmud, Tractate Sanhedrin, 37a" Says;

HOW WERE THE WITNESSES INSPIRED WITH AWE? WITNESSES IN CAPITAL CHARGES30  WERE BROUGHT IN AND INTIMIDATED [THUS]: PERHAPS WHAT YE SAY IS BASED ONLY ON CONJECTURE, OR HEARSAY, OR IS EVIDENCE FROM THE MOUTH OF ANOTHER WITNESS, OR EVEN FROM THE MOUTH OF A TRUSTWORTHY PERSON: PERHAPS YE ARE UNAWARE THAT ULTIMATELY WE SHALL SCRUTINIZE YOUR EVIDENCE BY CROSS EXAMINATION AND INQUIRY? KNOW THEN THAT CAPITAL CASES ARE NOT LIKE MONETARY CASES. IN CIVIL SUITS, ONE CAN MAKE MONETARY RESTITUTION35  AND THEREBY EFFECT HIS ATONEMENT; BUT IN CAPITAL CASES HE IS HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR HIS BLOOD [sc. THE ACCUSED'S] AND THE BLOOD OF HIS [POTENTIAL] DESCENDANTS UNTIL THE END OF TIME, FOR THUS WE FIND IN THE CASE OF CAIN, WHO KILLED HIS BROTHER, THAT IT IS WRITTEN: THE BLOODS OF THY BROTHER CRY UNTO ME: NOT THE BLOOD OF THY BROTHER, BUT THE BLOODS OF THY BROTHER, IS SAID — i.e., HIS BLOOD AND THE BLOOD OF HIS [POTENTIAL] DESCENDANTS. (ALTERNATIVELY, THE BLOODS OF THY BROTHER, TEACHES THAT HIS BLOOD WAS SPLASHED OVER TREES AND STONES.) FOR THIS REASON WAS MAN CREATED ALONE, TO TEACH THEE THAT WHOSOEVER DESTROYS A SINGLE SOUL OF ISRAEL, SCRIPTURE IMPUTES [GUILT] TO HIM AS THOUGH HE HAD DESTROYED A COMPLETE WORLD; AND WHOSOEVER PRESERVES A SINGLE SOUL OF ISRAEL, SCRIPTURE ASCRIBES [MERIT] TO HIM AS THOUGH HE HAD PRESERVED A COMPLETE WORLD. FURTHERMORE, [HE WAS CREATED ALONE] FOR THE SAKE OF PEACE AMONG MEN, THAT ONE MIGHT NOT SAY TO HIS FELLOW, 'MY FATHER WAS GREATER THAN THINE, AND THAT THE MINIM MIGHT NOT SAY, THERE ARE MANY RULING POWERS IN HEAVEN; AGAIN, TO PROCLAIM THE GREATNESS OF THE HOLY ONE, BLESSED BE HE: FOR IF A MAN STRIKES MANY COINS FROM ONE MOULD, THEY ALL RESEMBLE ONE ANOTHER, BUT THE SUPREME KING OF KINGS, THE HOLY ONE, BLESSED BE HE, FASHIONED EVERY MAN IN THE STAMP OP THE FIRST MAN, AND YET NOT ONE OF THEM RESEMBLES HIS FELLOW. THEREFORE EVERY SINGLE PERSON IS OBLIGED TO SAY: THE WORLD WAS CREATED FOR MY SAKE.

As you have seen it in the above; it is ascribed to SINGLE SOUL OF ISRAEL, So single Soul of America, or single soul of Nigeria, or single soul of Iraq is not included in the context, right? And then, it is clearly seen here that even if it is message sent to Prophet Moses or other Prophet, it is the same God that sent message to them, that sent it to Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W), all their words are from one single God, so why look for the difference? But to my own opinion I think the above context was proclaimed by somebody but not Moses himself, or he said something similar to what is in (Quran 5:32) but they change it to their own, because the Verse in the Qur'an is not talking of killing of the Soul of Israel, but all Human Beings, so which one will you follow? The one that portrait its mercy to its ownself only or to the one that portraits its Mercy to All Mankind?

Islam denounces Terrorism, Suicide, Killings of Innocents, even if I will be giving 10 BILLION DOLLARS or millions of it, I will not kill one single soul, no matter what, but if I saw my self in a WAR, and my enemy attempts to KILL me, I will surely fight back,  (GOD PROTECT),  That is the Picture of all TRUE Muslim, TRUE and PROPER MUSLIMS will never KILL Human Being in any name,
Re: How Can Islam Be A Religion Of Peace ? by leyla(f): 8:04pm On Dec 12, 2007
Davidylan

Of course i do not believe that those who kill innocent civilians in the name of God are a reflection of peaceful Islam. My third point on my post gave reference to this!
To your second point and reply, i do not think we a disagreeing?
Re: How Can Islam Be A Religion Of Peace ? by auwal87(m): 8:10pm On Dec 12, 2007
*Leyla

Thanks for your contribution, obviously, they will never understand the way you will, the Qur'an has a concrete message for All Mankind, all the verses they are listing are words of God, you will see that they believe with what suits them, but they deny other messages that preach Peace, Love, Happiness.

People of Understanding always read to understand, people of the denial always read to deny and to let you know even if the Qur'an would have been fallen from the sky printed and minted, they will never believe, they will say it is a Magic, and that is how they will end with denial,  May the Almighty continue to Guide us and make us one of those that will be very close to Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) in the Paradise.
Re: How Can Islam Be A Religion Of Peace ? by leyla(f): 8:11pm On Dec 12, 2007
Its all gone quiet? me thinks you are all checking your books??  grin
Re: How Can Islam Be A Religion Of Peace ? by leyla(f): 8:13pm On Dec 12, 2007
*auwal87

Thank you for your reply grin
Re: How Can Islam Be A Religion Of Peace ? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 12, 2007
leyla:

The problem is that in many places around theworld people interprate the Muslim religion to suit their own need and not necessarily what the Quran dictates. This can lead to misconceptions and extremism.

Those who are interpreting the koran to suit their own needs are those who do not believe in jihad, those who do not believe that mohammed's eventual aim is for this planet to be subjected to his Islam and sharia (and this is to be done by killings, deceit etc). Those of you who read the koran and skip the parts where you are told that I as an unbeliever should not be trusted or that as a muslim you must subject yourself whole heartedly to sharia. etc, 
If you are a muslim and don't believe in all these and the other evils in your book. you are an unbeliever(says your evil manual)  and I suggest you pick some other religion where suicide bombings and beheadings will never be considered
Re: How Can Islam Be A Religion Of Peace ? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 12, 2007
leyla:

Davidylan

Of course i do not believe that those who kill innocent civilians in the name of God are a reflection of peaceful Islam. My third point on my post gave reference to this!
To your second point and reply, i do not think we a disagreeing?

of course that is your own private interpretation of islam. Those who have actually read the book and daily catalogue the sorrow the slaves of allah plunge the world into can see otherwise.
Just this week only - 45 killed in Algeria, 12 killed in Iraq, Lebanese Army general murdered, riots in Bauchi over mosques. Lets not forget the teddy bear case in Sudan and this is just Wednesday.

This must be your own idea of "peaceful" islam. Remove your head from the sands of denial.

leyla:

Its all gone quiet? me thinks you are all checking your books??  grin

Gone quiet? By the time i'm done you'd either have disappeared with your tail between your legs or reverted to the default islamic mode of insults.
Re: How Can Islam Be A Religion Of Peace ? by leyla(f): 8:26pm On Dec 12, 2007
*khai khai

Your opinions seem to be extreme by nature, that is unfortunate because mine are not!
Again the problem you are talking about is misinterpretation. The Quran also teaches followers to also believe in the bible.

I would like to state that i do not agree with extremism, please do not misunderstand me! I am of a Muslim father and Christian mother, so i have the benefit and privilege of seeing both sides!
Re: How Can Islam Be A Religion Of Peace ? by leyla(f): 8:31pm On Dec 12, 2007
*davidylan

Your post reflects not only that you have misinterpreted my replies, but that you are also being deliberately obtuse and rude. I can respect your opinion and you can respect mine without having to resort to bad manners.

I do not agree with killing, i believe in leading a peaceful life. Can i advise you to re-read my posts carefully instead of reading them and presuming i mean something else!
Re: How Can Islam Be A Religion Of Peace ? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 12, 2007
leyla:

*davidylan

Your post reflects not only that you have misinterpreted my replies, but that you are also being deliberately obtuse and rude. I can respect your opinion and you can respect mine without having to resort to bad manners.

No where was i rude to you. Look at my last post, i made a prediction that you would revert to the islamic default mode of insults and seeing "rudeness" where it does not exist anytime the fraud called islam is laid bare.
I have been proven correct yet again.

leyla:

I do not agree with killing, i believe in leading a peaceful life. Can i advise you to re-read my posts carefully instead of reading them and presuming i mean something else!

That is your own private belief, sadly your quran believes nothing of the sort. The quran says not to take jews and christians for friends and cut off our necks when you get the chance . . . i do not make this up pls read your own quran so you dont see "obtuseness" and "insults" when we quote your quran back to you.

What you mean makes no shred of difference . . . it is irrelevant to those rioters in Bauchi or the vermins in Khartoum.
Islam as a religion of "peace"? Just take Darfur as an example of that "peace".
Re: How Can Islam Be A Religion Of Peace ? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 12, 2007
leyla:

Again the problem you are talking about is misinterpretation. The Quran also teaches followers to also believe in the bible.

and the quran teaches that the bible is corrupted even when muslims cannot produce the torah and injil allah claimed to have sent down and confirmed . . . and the quran denies the very foundation of the bible that is repeated from Genesis to Revelation - the death and resurrection of Christ . . .

How did the quran say you shld follow the bible? by destroying bibles in muslim nations and denying christian visitors to Saudi Arabia the right to go with the very same bibles you allege the quran teaches you to believe in?
Re: How Can Islam Be A Religion Of Peace ? by leyla(f): 8:45pm On Dec 12, 2007
Davidylan

Firstly i have not insulted you. You will not see a single adjective in my text that describes you in a rude way at all!
I'm not trying to make a difference on this forum, simply i am joining in on a discussion. You are quick to attack somebody and you know nothing of who i am and what i believe in, you are presuming to much. Again, again and again as i have said but you have missed i do not condone killing or the mistreatment of people.
Re: How Can Islam Be A Religion Of Peace ? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Dec 12, 2007
leyla:

Davidylan

Firstly i have not insulted you. You will not see a single adjective in my text that describes you in a rude way at all!
I'm not trying to make a difference on this forum, simply i am joining in on a discussion. You are quick to attack somebody and you know nothing of who i am and what i believe in, you are presuming to much.

1. i have not accused you of being rude to me rather you have accused me of being rude and obtuse simply for giving an oppinion.

2. Again you go the default islamic mode of seeing "attacks" anytime we expose the fraud that islam is.

3. Not a single part of my posts has had anything with your personality, rather i have focused them on the misconceptions and lies that you have propagated about the bible and the very quotes from the quran that expose your shallow knowledge of the very religion you espouse.

4. It is not presumption to quote the quran and reference actual happenings around the world to buttress the fact that islam is far from a religion of peace.

leyla:

Again, again and again as i have said but you have missed i do not condone killing or the mistreatment of people.

Yes i know you dont but WHAT difference has that made? Do you assume you speak for the Bauchi muslims?
Re: How Can Islam Be A Religion Of Peace ? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 12, 2007
leyla:

*khai khai

Your opinions seem to be extreme by nature, that is unfortunate because mine are not!

I would like to state that i do not agree with extremism, please do not misunderstand me! I am of a Muslim father and Christian mother, so i have the benefit and privilege of seeing both sides!

I hear you,  I am not extreme. "extremeness" is a quality people like to attach to the true muslims.
I have muslim relatives. My mom was born into a muslim family (she was not forced to be one though, so she is not a muslim today).
I know muslims who believe in "peace" and yet are apologists of those terrorists in Palestine.
muslims who do not believe in jihad, religious killings, sharia etc. . are not true muslims.
I don talk am several times for this thread already.
you obviously do not believe in every single word in your book. you are picking what to believe.
I doubt you were sent to one of those koranic schools where they nod heads in hypnosis while reciting passages from the book (and its other evil subtexts) all day. That is why you know a world exists outside Islam and you have a different view from mohammed.

What are your beliefs about sharia, jihad and about other religions? they should conform with mohammed's if you are a true muslim

How many words of the Bible are muslims taught to believe? why don't they have Bible recitation schools for muslims? ?
Re: How Can Islam Be A Religion Of Peace ? by leyla(f): 9:16pm On Dec 12, 2007
I am not a spokesperson for anyone, i am my own person with my own opinions that is all.

Fortunately i have been brought up by parents who wanted me to develop my own mind and my father was confident to send me to a christian school because he felt it was entirely appropriate to do so and he is a muslim.

The guidance i have recieved has been based on a true understanding of what believe is expected by me from God, as a sister, a neighbour, a friend etc.

My mother is a Christian and she is a good person, my father has never expected her to convert to Islam, why shoud she? She would not be a better person if she were Muslim.

There is no brainwashing in our home.
Re: How Can Islam Be A Religion Of Peace ? by Nobody: 12:17am On Dec 13, 2007
True muslim?? NO!!
you leyla are a reformist. your religion could do with a load of those now.
Or you are just a cafeteria muslim??
but for now, the true muslims reign, and you cannot fault them for not adhering to your religious manual.

you do not practice Islam the way your prophet preached.
You even attended a school for unbelievers.
You do not believe Islam makes a better person? ?

If you take your reformist views to true adherents of Islam, beheading shall become you for blasphemy.
before you remember to shout death to america!!!
Re: How Can Islam Be A Religion Of Peace ? by Nobody: 4:44am On Dec 13, 2007
leyla:

I am not a spokesperson for anyone, i am my own person with my own opinions that is all.

Fortunately i have been brought up by parents who wanted me to develop my own mind and my father was confident to send me to a christian school because he felt it was entirely appropriate to do so and he is a muslim.

The guidance i have recieved has been based on a true understanding of what believe is expected by me from God, as a sister, a neighbour, a friend etc.

My mother is a Christian and she is a good person, my father has never expected her to convert to Islam, why shoud she? She would not be a better person if she were Muslim.
There is no brainwashing in our home.

What a smart man you were blessed with as a father.
He knew those Islamic schools would do his loving children no good.
Thank God for that great wife by his side.
Re: How Can Islam Be A Religion Of Peace ? by MP007(m): 7:49am On Dec 13, 2007
let the holy word of God guide our actions, "Thou shall not use the name of thy God in vain", why pursue selfish and devilish acts using the name of God, remember, God himself gives us the choice to choose. Let people decide what they want rather than force them into what they dislike,
Re: How Can Islam Be A Religion Of Peace ? by focused(m): 12:26pm On Dec 13, 2007
@ The Poster: Islam has its name derived from Salaam, meaning peace. And Silm
meaning complete entry. What  is your point? Lets me quote what think may be acceptable
as statement of Jesus from the Bible: Physician heals thyself or remove the Timber (my own
wording) from your eye, before the speck on my eyelashes!

Go tackle the issue of Christian nations first, in their evilness against mankind and specifically
against Islam before you have the reason to talk about Islam. You see the Christian nations
having fair weathered friends; they use you to their satisfaction and throw you to the dustbin!

They are not judicial across the board! They protect even an evil leadership, it it helps to do
their biddings. They instigate the outright destructions of even a good leadership, if the leader
not dance to their own tunes!

Take a chill pill and chill out for a while!

@Olabowale :

You make me laugh  grin grin grin grin grin grin  grin grin grin grin grin

I have a feeling you know the truth, but you are delibrately choking the truth.

For anyone to know if something is from God, you have to test the spirit. So far Islamic spirit have been tried and tested, it shows it is from the kingdom of darkness.

(1) Propagating or spreading a religion with force or threat of force is certainly not from God.  Human being are created to have choice either to do good or evil. All you can do is convince them with the word of God, and let God do the rest. You don't threatened them with death. Force can only work for a while, but convincing people, with the help of God last a life time.

(2) Promoting Hatred of other faiths (especially christians, Jews and other religious beliefs) because they don't practise Islamic religion is not from God. God is love.

(3) Aggressive violence is not from God. Vengeance is for God not for human beings. Why do muslims find it very hard to forgive and forget ? Certainly that religion is not from God.

(4) What is the mindset of people who plant bombs all over their body and kill themselves with other people ? According to them, they have been told by your Islamic religion that when they die, they will go to heaven and be in paradise with 70 virgins, when it is very clear that when you kill yourself, you are going to hell. That alone shows that Islamic religion is manufactured from the pits of hell.

(5) Take a look at what happened in Kenya, Tanzania, and now Algeria ? How can such kilings be justified ?

(6) Look at what happened in Northern Nigeria because of the cartoon of muhammed in Denmark press.

(7) Look at what happened in London, with the tube bombing, and also what happened in New York ?

What they (Islamic followers) are practising is complete opposite of peace, or maybe peace means something completely different to Islamic people.

I am happy that you can quote the bible, but Olabowale, I have removed the peak from my eyes and I can see clearly. If the issue of these terrorism that runs in the blood of muhammed followers are not addressed, how do we find a solution ? So My brother, stop being defensive and lets see what solution we come up with
Re: How Can Islam Be A Religion Of Peace ? by olabowale(m): 1:52pm On Dec 13, 2007
@Focused.

You make me laugh (Don't laugh too much. Its a sign of poor faith. Be modest when you laugh. Don't behave like what Lagbaja wanted in his 'Feyin Music Video!

I have a feeling you know the truth, but you are delibrately choking the truth. (It is the truth that led and has kept me in Al Islam! Your Christian women are attraction, not because they are better looking, but because they are eager, for the most part display the Wares/Jewelries for you to see and if you are eager to take it for a spin, you are welcomed to do so. But I fear Allah Almighty and I hate to associate partnership with Him. I will not count a mere mortal, a Jew who only lived for 33 years, which I had surpassed since the early part of '80, as 1/3, when I have the wholesome Supreme being as MY RABB!

For anyone to know if something is from God, you have to test the spirit. So far Islamic spirit have been tried and tested, it shows it is from the kingdom of darkness. (Yet the Muslims says that they seek protection with Allah Almighty from the Accursed Satan (The darkness chief himself)! You dey play like playa too much!

(1) Propagating or spreading a religion with force or threat of force is certainly not from God. Human being are created to have choice either to do good or evil. All you can do is convince them with the word of God, and let God do the rest. You don't threatened them with death. Force can only work for a while, but convincing people, with the help of God last a life time. (So tell me what happened to Moses and his successor's destructions of so many city states in order to established the Israelite settlement after they were emancipated from Egypt, in the EXODUS of the Bible? That was from God or the devil? In Ijebu Ode, there was no story any forced conversion. So was the story of the Owo people in Ondo State. Whats happening now that the Igbo people are tripping over one another to enter Islam? Forced conversion is going on in today's Nigeria? Just ask Nwando, who is saddened that her Uncle is a Muslim! I am working hard to get into her head. InshaAllah, with her whole family, they will enter Islam. Amin! Now google and enter "Christian Missionary Atrocities." Come back and tell us who is using for, money, deceit in speech and deeds, military comparative advantage, etc?

(2) Promoting Hatred of other faiths (especially Christians, Jews and other religious beliefs) because they don't practise Islamic religion is not from God. God is love. (I pointed out to you the US General who spoke about his Christian God bigger than Muslim God. What about the US Attorney General after 911? These people and their statements, you conveniently shun. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeezeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! (Thats for Davidylan and Nwando. Thanks guys.

(3) Aggressive violence is not from God. Vengeance is for God not for human beings. Why do muslims find it very hard to forgive and forget ? Certainly that religion is not from God. (Look around. Nations gathered together against who? Not Hindus, Buddhists, Atheists, or any other. They gathered against Islam and the Muslims. Islam they will never be able to defeat. To do that you have a formidable FOE to deal with; Almighty Himself! The Muslims can easily be defeated because, we are not practicing as we should. When a Muslim has the gut to nickname himself, 'EVIL GENIUS,' we already know we are very far from the truth. However, Christianity is not a true religion of GOD. Just imagine if a good Christian were to become a Muslim? He or she will be better than God! Imagine a bad Muslim to become a Christian, he or she will be worse! That is the truth!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Another Ex Muslim Hater Becomes Muslim / Nigerian 'islamic' Songs' Videos / Does The Zihaar Or Talaaq Of One Who Is Angry Count As Such?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.