Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,166 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Can Islam Stand Thorough Scrutiny? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Can Islam Stand Thorough Scrutiny? (1776 Views)

Can Islam Really Survive Another 20 Years? / Can Islam Justify This / How Can Islam Be A Religion Of Peace ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Islam Stand Thorough Scrutiny? by pointblank321: 5:04pm On Jul 01, 2013
It has been observed over times that any thread that cannot be effectively defended or where there is no defence at all incurred the wrath of the moderators in this section. It is either it is hidden, or deleted and in some cases the poster banned. I wonder why that is not done in the Christian section. Truth is light and the opposite goes for falsehood.

Why are people afraid of the pen? Why are they fighting for God? Don't you have words to prove allegations false if they are? If they are not, why concealing the truth?

It is true people interfere with some of your posts intended for educating your people, if such interferences are hidden, it could be justified. But what of threads opened for reasonings, or intelligent discussion or to express a personal view?

Nothing including religions can progress without challenges. Anybody running away or avoiding challenges is not qualified for promotion.

I believe banning, hiding or deleting post is a sign of defeat.
Re: Can Islam Stand Thorough Scrutiny? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 01, 2013
i disagree with the hiding, deleting and definitely banning. the moderator is not Islam. Muhammad [sa] is. So the action of the moderator is based on whatever the corporate headquarters say, i suppose. I am new here and a muslim. yet my posts have been hidden. I do not know why and i am not going to ask. If i find the place not welcoming enough, i curtail my activity which is just posting or just forget it altogether. take heart, man.
Re: Can Islam Stand Thorough Scrutiny? by pointblank321: 5:25pm On Jul 01, 2013
RoyPCain: i disagree with the hiding, deleting and definitely banning. the moderator is not Islam. Muhammad [sa] is. So the action of the moderator is based on whatever the corporate headquarters say, i suppose. I am new here and a muslim. yet my posts have been hidden. I do not know why and i am not going to ask. If i find the place not welcoming enough, i curtail my activity which is just posting or just forget it altogether. take heart, man.

Thank you for your spirit of sportsmanship. God bless you.
Re: Can Islam Stand Thorough Scrutiny? by cleanvessel(m): 7:07pm On Jul 01, 2013
@ Moderators

What criticisms constitute offences in this section? The ones supported with quran or hadith? Which ones please?
Re: Can Islam Stand Thorough Scrutiny? by vedaxcool(m): 8:55am On Jul 02, 2013
^^^

Desika stop using multiple ids pleaseee!!!!
Re: Can Islam Stand Thorough Scrutiny? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 02, 2013
@OP
Islam cannot stand any tiny critisism, talkless of thorough critisism. I have seen different posts on this section by tbaba where he adviced muslims to ignore the people questioning Islam on this section.
Why should any non muslim's question be ignored if every part of Islam is perfect and revealed by god? Shouldn't there be irrefutable proof to back their religion up?
I am one of those tbaba asked muslims to ignore; I have never insulted any muslim here and never insulted Allah/muhammed but he was asking muslims to ignore the questions I ask because 'they are a waste of time'.
The day I saw that comment was the day I realized that many muslims here are not sure of their faith in Islam.
If you ask a question in the christian section, they ALWAYS have an answer and are ALWAYS ready to defend their beliefs even if their defence is not sensible but in this section the case is different, muslims must ignore questions and not get into any type of argument about Islam because 'it is a waste of time'.

1 Like

Re: Can Islam Stand Thorough Scrutiny? by cleanvessel(m): 6:47pm On Jul 02, 2013
Paschal007:
True that...

But wait for Vedaxcool and Bitathings to come and tell that Atheists and Christians are allies attacking the truth of Islam. cheesy

I don't think there is any pure truth in islam. I have a number of reasons for saying this, but it is a taboo if said here. Within the few posts here you can see two already hidden and only God knows how many will be hidden at the end of the day. So I stop it at that.

Vedaxcool and Betathing, are they not there to refute the hidden and deleted posts? There is no substitute for the truth.

I strongly believe islam cannot withstand any serious scrutiny and survive it, hence the banning, hidding posts etc. Given a plain level for writings, it is not going to be a good story for the muslims to tell.

On the world level, there are some muslim countries where christian materials are not allowed because it is a thread to the continuos existence of the religion.

You should need to ask: why are they afraid of the christians who cannot harm as they don't use arrows, matchet, gun or bomb. There is power in word of Jehovah God.

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Can Islam Stand Thorough Scrutiny? by snubish: 10:15am On Jul 03, 2013
^ Christianity is a more liberal religion. easier on the physical self. appealing to the senses with music and dancing. venerating images etc. they are also usually well sponsored financially, but all these do not make a religion TRUE. if preachers are allowed to freely propagate Christianity in Muslim lands, they would mislead the weak, indulgent, and ignorant among Muslims. Kapish.
Re: Can Islam Stand Thorough Scrutiny? by cleanvessel(m): 10:35am On Jul 03, 2013
snubish: ^ Christianity is a more liberal religion. easier on the physical self. appealing to the senses with music and dancing. venerating images etc. they are also usually well sponsored financially, but all these do not make a religion TRUE. if preachers are allowed to freely propagate Christianity in Muslim lands, they would mislead the weak, indulgent, and ignorant among Muslims. Kapish.

It still boils down to the fact that islam is not strong enough to withstand civil opposition. Those who are weak, indulgent and ignorant, are they muslims in the real sense of islam? So you want them to be neither here nor there? Your excuse is lame, very lame.
Re: Can Islam Stand Thorough Scrutiny? by Paschal007: 12:30pm On Jul 03, 2013
snubish: ^ Christianity is a more liberal religion. easier on the physical self. appealing to the senses with music and dancing. venerating images etc. they are also usually well sponsored financially, but all these do not make a religion TRUE. if preachers are allowed to freely propagate Christianity in Muslim lands, they would mislead the weak, indulgent, and ignorant among Muslims. Kapish.
Thanks for honest answer. Op i hope this answers your question. Islam cannot survive on a level playing field. This happens in islamic countries and it's happening on this section.
Re: Can Islam Stand Thorough Scrutiny? by Paschal007: 12:32pm On Jul 03, 2013
So dancing makes muslims leave islam.
[img]http://3.bp..com/-qA2xTgyW2gE/UdEdWdgJqfI/AAAAAAAAMOk/kQWdntM9OFY/s640/765812b648ba72dc763dca54df082184.jpg[/img]
Is that why these two beautiful sisters were shot dead in Pakistan because they danced in the rain?
Re: Can Islam Stand Thorough Scrutiny? by cleanvessel(m): 12:44pm On Jul 03, 2013
Paschal007:
Thanks for honest answer. Op i hope this answers your question. Islam cannot survive on a level playing field. This happens in islamic countries and it's happening on this section.

I'm not sure you read the thread comprehensively. What is happening in this section? If it is happening here, why was this thread opened? Why are they banning people and hiding posts? Is that what you call a level playing field? Man, you are not being realistic.
Re: Can Islam Stand Thorough Scrutiny? by Paschal007: 1:07pm On Jul 03, 2013
cleanvessel:

I'm not sure you read the thread comprehensively. What is happening in this section? If it is happening here, why was this thread opened? Why are they banning people and hiding posts? Is that what you call a level playing field? Man, you are not being realistic.
Read my post again, this time SLOWLY. undecided
Re: Can Islam Stand Thorough Scrutiny? by cleanvessel(m): 1:51pm On Jul 03, 2013
Paschal007:
Read my post again, this time SLOWLY. undecided

OK
Re: Can Islam Stand Thorough Scrutiny? by lanrexlan(m): 4:00pm On Jul 03, 2013
NL member: @OP
Islam cannot stand any tiny critisism, talkless of thorough critisism. I have seen different posts on this section by tbaba where he adviced muslims to ignore the people questioning Islam on this section.
Why should any non muslim's question be ignored if every part of Islam is perfect and revealed by god? Shouldn't there be irrefutable proof to back their religion up?
I am one of those tbaba asked muslims to ignore; I have never insulted any muslim here and never insulted Allah/muhammed but he was asking muslims to ignore the questions I ask because 'they are a waste of time'.
Brother,I personally do respect your questions.Islam calls for logical reasoning,Allah said in the glorious Quran in surah An-Nahl 16;125-''Invites all to the way of thy Lord with wisdom and fair preaching and argue with them in a way that is better,Truly,your lord knows best who has gone astray from His path and He is the best knower of those who are guided''.
So,it's good to a have a dialogue with non-muslims but only in a way that's better.
The day I saw that comment was the day I realized that many muslims here are not sure of their faith in Islam.
We are sure of our faith,many non-muslims are just adamant and not ready to accept your answers,then I see no reason engaging people like that.
If you ask a question in the christian section,they ALWAYS have an answer and are ALWAYS ready to defend their beliefs even if their defence is not sensible but in this section the case is different, muslims must ignore questions and not get into any type of argument about Islam because 'it is a waste of time'.
Many christians or non-muslims asking questions always ask with a closed mind.So,if we muslims gave them an explanation of their questions,their replies will be ''We are sure the Quran doesn't mean this way,this is your own explanation'' or ''Are you knowledgeable than Allah and prophet Muhammad(pbuh)?''.They will pick a verse and give it their own interpretation and then conclude that this is the way it ought to be,no matter the explanations you give,they won't agree because they came with a closed mind.Take Truthman2012 For example,He opened a thread titled ''MUSLIMS ARE IN HELL FIRE PENDING RESURRECTION DAY?'',and after we explained the verses and hadiths he quoted,he didn't agree and still going about with his own claims.Do you expect me to engage someone like him in a debate again?
Also many non-muslims came to Islam section to make a mockery of Islam and the Quran, and Allah said in the glorious Quran in surah Al-Anam 6;68-''And when you see those who engage in a false conversation about our verses by mocking them,stay away from them till they turn to another topic........''
Also in surah An-Nisa 4;140-''And it has already been revealed to you in the Book(Quran) that when you hear the verses of Allah being denied and mocked at,then sit not with them until they engage in a talk other than that,but if you stayed with them,certainly in that case you would be like them.Surely,Allah will collect the hypocrites and disbelievers all together in hell''.

So,many non-muslims I would Say 95% come here to mock and abuse the Quran,Allah and prophet Muhammad(pbuh),then you can't expect me to reply them.Their minds are already made up,Truthman2012 opened a thread titled ''SIMILARITIES BETWEEN ISLAM AND HINDUISM''.I know the person that complied the article had a good aim,but Truthman2012 don't have a good aim about the thread,he wanna mock Islam.Firstly,there aren't hindus on NL,so what's the purpose of the thread? No purpose,then he concluded some ignorant and stupid conclusion.There are many similar threads you don't muslims to reply.

Finally,when you wanna enter the section,you should notice This section is For muslims only please,even moderators are muslims.So if you wanna have a dialogue here,just follow the rules.....Peace

5 Likes

Re: Can Islam Stand Thorough Scrutiny? by nzechu2: 4:21pm On Jul 03, 2013
pointblank 321: It has been observed over times that any thread that cannot be effectively defended or where there is no defence at all incurred the wrath of the moderators in this section. It is either it is hidden, or deleted and in some cases the poster banned. I wonder why that is not done in the Christian section. Truth is light and the opposite goes for falsehood.

Why are people afraid of the pen? Why are they fighting for God? Don't you have words to prove allegations false if they are? If they are not, why concealing the truth?

It is true people interfere with some of your posts intended for educating your people, if such interferences are hidden, it could be justified. But what of threads opened for reasonings, or intelligent discussion or to express a personal view?

Nothing including religions can progress without challenges. Anybody running away or avoiding challenges is not qualified for promotion.
[size=15pt]
I believe banning, hiding or deleting post is a sign of defeat. [/size]
gbam wink
Re: Can Islam Stand Thorough Scrutiny? by nzechu2: 4:23pm On Jul 03, 2013
vedaxcool: ^^^

Desika stop using multiple ids pleaseee!!!!
the fear of desika is the beginning of .......... lipsrsealed wink

welcome to the world of truth
Re: Can Islam Stand Thorough Scrutiny? by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 04, 2013
lanrexlan: Brother,I personally do respect your questions.Islam calls for logical reasoning,Allah said in the glorious Quran in surah An-Nahl 16;125-''Invites all to the way of thy Lord with wisdom and fair preaching and argue with them in a way that is better,Truly,your lord knows best who has gone astray from His path and He is the best knower of those who are guided''.
So,it's good to a have a dialogue with non-muslims but only in a way that's better.
We are sure of our faith,many non-muslims are just adamant and not ready to accept your answers,then I see no reason engaging people like that.
Many christians or non-muslims asking questions always ask with a closed mind.So,if we muslims gave them an explanation of their questions,their replies will be ''We are sure the Quran doesn't mean this way,this is your own explanation'' or ''Are you knowledgeable than Allah and prophet Muhammad(pbuh)?''.They will pick a verse and give it their own interpretation and then conclude that this is the way it ought to be,no matter the explanations you give,they won't agree because they came with a closed mind.Take Truthman2012 For example,He opened a thread titled ''MUSLIMS ARE IN HELL FIRE PENDING RESURRECTION DAY?'',and after we explained the verses and hadiths he quoted,he didn't agree and still going about with his own claims.Do you expect me to engage someone like him in a debate again?

If I get you correctly, you are saying that non muslims do not accept your explanations for the questions they bring up so this indicates that they do not want to learn and will stubbornly stick to what they are saying inspite of whatever you tell them.
Lanrexlan, what you should realise is that many of the non muslims that come here asking questions usually get their questions from non islamic sites and these sites contain what you'd refer to as unislamic or misleading information about Islam. When they copy and paste this info from these sites, you, the muslim, has the responsibility of providing the truth regarding their claims. When doing this, be sure to back up your claims with valid koranic verses or hadith and try to make your point as logical as possible so that there will be no room for confusion or denial in their minds. It is possible that the people you mentioned before are truly unconvinced of your explanations and that is why they stick to what they are saying. Maybe they actually do not understand you but because you are used to getting animosity from non muslims you misinterprete their confusion for trouble making and decide to leave them alone because you think they are refusing to learn. What I personally believe and what I have learnt from my experience with debating is that when you bring forward an airtight, logical defense for your position, your opponent will have no choice but to concede and even if they want to pretend that they don't understand you, they will only end up looking like idiots while grasping straws.
You will most certainly get non muslims who will question your beliefs and who will be reluctant to accept your explanations but completely avoiding questions is not the way to go. It makes you look cowardly, sorry. You should at least respond to them and if they keep making meaningless statements then you can leave them alone.

On my part, I have never insisted that I was right when I was wrong whenever I ask questions here and I always make use of islamic sources as back up whenever I table my points so I don't see any justification for tbaba saying that my questions should be avoided. If you know of any thread where I kept arguing blindly even in the face of valid contradictory evidence then please draw my attention to that thread.

Lastly, you will always meet people that will mock your religion, it is a normal thing with humans to mock what they don't understand or what they don't like. Some of the muslims here also mock christianity and christian beliefs so no need to play the victim in this case. When you're mocked, you are supposed to defend your stand and show the mocker why they are wrong to mock you so they can understand you better. Running away from mockery solves nothing.
Re: Can Islam Stand Thorough Scrutiny? by lanrexlan(m): 9:18am On Jul 04, 2013
NL member:

If I get you correctly,you are saying that non muslims do not accept your explanations for the questions they bring up so this indicates that they do not want to learn and will stubbornly stick to what they are saying inspite of whatever you tell them.
Lanrexlan,what you should realise is that many of the non muslims that come here asking questions usually get their questions from non islamic sites and these sites contain what you'd refer to as unislamic or misleading information about Islam.When they copy and paste this info from these sites,you,the muslim,has the responsibility of providing the truth regarding their claims.When doing this,be sure to back up your claims with valid koranic verses or hadith and try to make your point as logical as possible so that there will be no room for confusion or denial in their minds.It is possible that the people you mentioned before are truly unconvinced of your explanations and that is why they stick to what they are saying.
Brother,sure they copied misleding questions from anti-islamic sites and we explain to them,but they would stick to what they had without considering yours. All our answers are always backed with the Tafseer of the Quran,authentic hadiths of the prophet(pbuh),the seerah(biography) of the prophet(pbuh) and our own logical reasoning.
Maybe they actually do not understand you but because you are used to getting animosity from non muslims you misinterprete their confusion for trouble making and decide to leave them alone because you think they are refusing to learn.What I personally believe and what I have learnt from my experience with debating is that when you bring forward an airtight, logical defense for your position,your opponent will have no choice but to concede and even if they want to pretend that they don't understand you,they will only end up looking like idiots while grasping straws.
They will understand,but only to stare at the truth and comes up with a stupid rebuttal.
You will most certainly get non muslims who will question your beliefs and who will be reluctant to accept your explanations but completely avoiding questions is not the way to go.It makes you look cowardly,sorry.You should at least respond to them and if they keep making meaningless statements then you can leave them alone.
That's what I do bro,non-muslims are free to question our belief.I always respond to any reasonable questions they posed,only ignore them when they come up with stupid ideas.My first dialogue with a non-muslim proved stubborn.I showed him how a camel coming out from a rock is a miracle and he is still insisting that they is nothing miraculous about it,even after I have shown him verses from Quran to back it up and so many dialogues with non-muslims like that.They will be starring at obvious truth and be repeating the same question using different ways.

On my part,I have never insisted that I was right when I was wrong whenever I ask questions here and I always make use of islamic sources as back up whenever I table my points so I don't see any justification for tbaba saying that my questions should be avoided.If you know of any thread where I kept arguing blindly even in the face of valid contradictory evidence then please draw my attention to that thread.
That's you bro,not other non-muslims.Cleanvessel For example in his thread ''WHY ALLAH'S RECONCILIATION'',I proved to him that Allah was refuting the idol worshippers in the verses he quoted with Quran and logic,but he still insist on his claims.Another is the issue of who built the kabba,after showing them verses from Quran and hadiths that claim Abraham(pbuh) and Ismael(pbuh)built it,they still go about saying pagans built it without authoritative backings,do you expect me to continue engaging people like that?

Lastly,you will always meet people that will mock your religion,it is a normal thing with humans to mock what they don't understand or what they don't like. Some of the muslims here also mock christianity and christian beliefs so no need to play the victim in this case.When you're mocked,you are supposed to defend your stand and show the mocker why they are wrong to mock you so they can understand you better.Running away from mockery solves nothing.
I'm not an hypocrite,you see the verses of the Quran I quoted[surah Al-Anam 6;68,surah An-Nisa 4;140].Some non-muslims aren't worthy replying to.Seriously,if they ask their questions without mocking,they will get their answers.Allah said in the glorious Quran in surah Al-Anam 6;108-''And insult not those they worship besides Allah lest they insult Allah wrongfully without knowledge''.
So,you can't any sane muslim that will insult Jesus(pbuh) or Mary(pbuh).Even without muslims insulting these personalities and their beliefs,non-muslims still go around calling Allah-the Creator different and bad names.So,you can't expect me to sit them never.Moreover,brother ours is to convey the message,only the Creator gives guidance.Some people require only a sign and they are convinced,some 10 and even some after providing more than 100signs,they won't accept cos muslims can't give guidance.....Peace

4 Likes

Re: Can Islam Stand Thorough Scrutiny? by snubish: 10:40am On Jul 04, 2013
cleanvessel:

It still boils down to the fact that islam is not strong enough to withstand civil opposition. Those who are weak, indulgent and ignorant, are they muslims in the real sense of islam? So you want them to be neither here nor there? Your excuse is lame, very lame.
silly boy, who is making excuses. It is easier for a weak, indulgent muslim to be taught his religion than for him to return if allowed to follow misguidance: Jesus is God, God created himslf as a son and came to earth. God is three and one at the same time. Plain confusion, now run along and go to play little boy. Who has time for this!

1 Like

Re: Can Islam Stand Thorough Scrutiny? by snubish: 10:42am On Jul 04, 2013
cleanvessel:
It still boils down to the fact that islam is not strong enough to withstand civil opposition. Those who are weak, indulgent and ignorant, are they muslims in the real sense of islam? Your excuse is lame, very lame.
silly boy, who is making excuses. It is easier for a weak, indulgent muslim to be taught his religion than for him to return if allowed to follow misguidance: Jesus is God, God created himslf as a son and came to earth. God is three and one at the same time. Plain confusion, now run along and go to play little boy. Who has time for this!
Re: Can Islam Stand Thorough Scrutiny? by cleanvessel(m): 10:50am On Jul 04, 2013
snubish:

Spiritual things are understood by spiritual people. You cannot comprehend with your carnal mind until you are born of the Spirit. How is human being made of trinity - spirit, soul and body?
Re: Can Islam Stand Thorough Scrutiny? by Mintayo(m): 12:48pm On Jul 04, 2013
If you ask a question in the christian section, they ALWAYS have an answer and are ALWAYS ready to defend their beliefs even if their defence is not sensible but in this section the case is different, muslims must ignore questions and not get into any type of argument about Islam because 'it is a waste of time'.

please which tbaba are u talikng abt? Is it tbaba1234 Or tbaba12345?
Hypocrites!
Re: Can Islam Stand Thorough Scrutiny? by BetaThings: 4:38pm On Jul 04, 2013

Please let us heed Tbaba's advise
Please let us IGNORE them ALL

Ramadan is COMING!!
Ramadan is KNOCKING!!
RAMADAN is VIRTUALLY HERE!!!!!!!!
Alhamdu li LLAH
May peace and blessing of Allah be on the Prophet(SAW)and his followers

2 Likes

Re: Can Islam Stand Thorough Scrutiny? by AbdH: 4:54pm On Jul 04, 2013
-
Re: Can Islam Stand Thorough Scrutiny? by Mintayo(m): 5:04pm On Jul 04, 2013
Honestly,i don't know what you people are afraid of!
Re: Can Islam Stand Thorough Scrutiny? by deols(f): 5:49pm On Jul 04, 2013
Follow the rules and your posts wont be hidden nor you, banned.

You know the ofrensive posts ev3n before typing them. You cannot be claiming ignorance. A mod modifies a post and you go and remodify without expecting a ban.

You put Allah in the same position as satan and pretend you didnt mean to be offensive?

why am I even explaining, isnt manmustwac already providing enough explanations?
Re: Can Islam Stand Thorough Scrutiny? by lanrexlan(m): 5:51pm On Jul 04, 2013
Mintayo: Honestly,i don't know what you people are afraid of!
If they are talking about an animal that can kill someone,is it that of a snail? Smh

2 Likes

Re: Can Islam Stand Thorough Scrutiny? by cleanvessel(m): 6:16pm On Jul 04, 2013
Me I like my posts ignored. It will show the readers what am saying is the truth as nobody can deny it.

What I don't like is deleting my thread because it is the truth that nobody can counter.

Today my thread ''Jesus is Lord Even in Islam'' didn't last 10 mininutes before it was deleted.

There was nothing offensive in it. It was a muslim hadith that says ''lord Jesus''.

I tell you the truth lies keep the region alive. Expose the falsehood in it, it will fall flat.

I hope this post will last 5 minutes before it is hidden.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cat Refuses To Walk On The Holy Koran Even Baited To (video) / Barka De Sallah / The Truth About Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.