Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,302 members, 7,957,762 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:29 PM

Seun Kuti Refused To Perform As Security Prevented Fans From Dancing - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Seun Kuti Refused To Perform As Security Prevented Fans From Dancing (622 Views)

Lady Claims Seun Kuti Is The Father Of Her Baby( photos) / Photo: Wizkid Stood For His Fans From Being Beaten Up By Bouncers At Event / Sign The Petition To Keep Banky W From Dancing In His Videos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Seun Kuti Refused To Perform As Security Prevented Fans From Dancing by newmusic: 11:23pm On Jul 26, 2012
Seun Kuti, the son of the late Afro beat legend Fela Anikulapo Kuti decided to cut short his performance when securities stopped fans from dancing..

This is good from the young man, how can you pay for a show and some security guys stopped you from catching your groove...undone!!!

http://babayau..com/2012/07/seun-kuti-refuse-to-perform-cause.html
Re: Seun Kuti Refused To Perform As Security Prevented Fans From Dancing by okeymadu(m): 12:10am On Jul 27, 2012
@OP. Get the facts straight, please.
I was there. It happened on 25.07.2012 in Theatre Royal Stratford East, London during the Showcasing Ngeria Project powered by Bank of Industry and the Nigeria Olympic Committee.

Seun Kuti had wanted to smoke his "thing" somewhere around the auditorium but the security guys there refussed - telling him that the Police will seal the Theatre should the smell get out. The Theatre Management, I understand, had equally informed the artists that dancing will not be allowed for safety reasons as they cannot guarantee that the two floor building has he strenght to withstand the crowd. Asa, Dele Sosimi, Tony Allen, Keziah Jones have all performed on same stage earlier without incidence.

Seun behaved abnornally that night. With such I doubt if he will go furher in the career than he as attained. This was a family concert and not some area boys thing. We were happy to go home in stead of allowing such morals in what is termed Nigeria House in Stratford.

(1) (Reply)

Lady Gaga’s Tours & Concertscancelled Over Hip Disease(synovitis): “i’m Devastat / I’m Leaving The Single Zone - Yvonne Nelson / Rihanna Keeps Her Student Waiting Over 4 Hours For A 16min Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.