Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,130 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

What The Religion Of Prophets In The Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What The Religion Of Prophets In The Bible? (874 Views)

Names Of False Prophets In Africa / Ages Of Prophets / Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What The Religion Of Prophets In The Bible? by Nobody: 4:27am On Jul 27, 2012
Have u ever wonder that jesus as other prophet came to this world to teach people on how to worship God. And i believe that jesus wasn't the 1st prophet ... He's 2nd to d last.. And he's not a christain... Jesus himself has a religion and not a freethinker So tell me before jesus came what was those prophet religion? If u say christain then prove it and back it up with ur bible. But if u can't then u knw the answer urself... Think wise.
Re: What The Religion Of Prophets In The Bible? by CrazyMan(m): 10:49pm On Sep 09, 2012
From your posts, its very obvious that confusion has taken the better half of you.

oluface: Have u ever wonder that jesus as other prophet came to this world to teach people on how to worship God. And i believe that jesus wasn't the 1st prophet ...
If he wasn't the first prophet, then who was?

oluface: He's 2nd to d last.. And he's not a christain...Jesus himself has a religion and not a freethinker So tell me before jesus came what was those prophet religion?
This is a very bold claim...if I may ask how came you by the theory that Jesus is the second to the last prophet, and if he wasn't a christian, what was his religion?

oluface: If u say Christian then prove it and back it up with ur bible. But if u can't then u knw the answer urself...
What is there to prove...you've already stated here that he wasn't a christian, so why not start by telling us his religion, then we would follow you behind.
Re: What The Religion Of Prophets In The Bible? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 16, 2012
CrazyMan: From your posts, its very obvious that confusion has taken the better half of you.

If he wasn't the first prophet, then who was?

This is a very bold claim...if I may ask how came you by the theory that Jesus is the second to the last prophet, and if he wasn't a christian, what was his religion?

What is there to prove...you've already stated here that he wasn't a christian, so why not start by telling us his religion, then we would follow you behind.
Islam. Prove me wrong on point
Re: What The Religion Of Prophets In The Bible? by 2good(m): 2:10pm On Sep 16, 2012
oluface: Islam. Prove me wrong on point
You indeed have a problem. Islam was created around 625 AD meaning Mohammed came 625 years after Jesus died. Can't you see that you need to educate yourself properly and stop allowing religious bigotry to becloud your judgement. The religion the old prophets practiced is Judaism
Re: What The Religion Of Prophets In The Bible? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 16, 2012
Jesus was a Jew.
Re: What The Religion Of Prophets In The Bible? by plappville(f): 11:30pm On Sep 16, 2012
2good: You indeed have a problem. Islam was created around 625 AD meaning Mohammed came 625 years after Jesus died. Can't you see that you need to educate yourself properly and stop allowing religious bigotry to becloud your judgement. The religion the old prophets practiced is Judaism

GOOD ONE!
Re: What The Religion Of Prophets In The Bible? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Sep 17, 2012
2good: You indeed have a problem. Islam was created around 625 AD meaning Mohammed came 625 years after Jesus died. Can't you see that you need to educate yourself properly and stop allowing religious bigotry to becloud your judgement. The religion the old prophets practiced is Judaism
Do u knw the meaning of islam before u answered my question. Go and do more research and come back here for thy answer.
Re: What The Religion Of Prophets In The Bible? by dekung(m): 11:30pm On Sep 17, 2012
oluface: Do u knw the meaning of islam before u answered my question. Go and do more research and come back here for thy answer.
I know the meaning of Islam. It is the belief that says you should kill anyone, including innocent people, when they blaspheme you paedophile leader, mohammed. Islam is a fatwa issuing religion who think the best way to gain eternal wife oh sorry, Lifeis to engage in mass murder while going arround with the overused mantraa 'Islam is a religion of peace'. But if you have another definition you can state it for all to see. mtscheeeew!
Re: What The Religion Of Prophets In The Bible? by CrazyMan(m): 2:36am On Sep 18, 2012
dekung: I know the meaning of Islam. It is the belief that says you should kill anyone, including innocent people, when they blaspheme you paedophile leader, mohammed. Islam is a fatwa issuing religion who think the best way to gain eternal wife oh sorry, Lifeis to engage in mass murder while going arround with the overused mantraa 'Islam is a religion of peace'. But if you have another definition you can state it for all to see. mtscheeeew!
You couldn't have said it any better...I totally agree with you.
Re: What The Religion Of Prophets In The Bible? by dekung(m): 9:07am On Sep 18, 2012
@Oluface,
PS.
I am not christian, I am an agnostic/ athiest but I hate when people try to twist history to suit their own belief system
Re: What The Religion Of Prophets In The Bible? by ghazzal: 9:25am On Sep 18, 2012
dekung:
I know the meaning of Islam. It is the belief that says you should kill anyone, including innocent people, when they blaspheme you paedophile leader, mohammed. Islam is a fatwa issuing religion who think the best way to gain eternal wife oh sorry, Lifeis to engage in mass murder while going arround with the overused mantraa 'Islam is a religion of peace'. But if you have another definition you can state it for all to see. mtscheeeew!

This is your self defined meaning. back to the topic.

all prophets are monotheists. so the comparism should be which religion today preaches/practiss monotheism...........please use proove
Re: What The Religion Of Prophets In The Bible? by dekung(m): 4:08pm On Sep 18, 2012
ghazzal:

This is your self defined meaning. back to the topic.

all prophets are monotheists. so the comparism should be which religion today preaches/practiss monotheism...........please use proove

I just used that to answer Oluface. Am not sure any religion preachesmonotheism these days save for Judaism. Christianity claims the worship of one God who manifested himself in 3 different phases, Father, Son and Holy spirit. Some christians have issues with this belief system saying the bible never peached trinity and the dabte goes on ad infinitum. Islam on the other hand claims the worship of one God but that mohammed is the bigest of all the messengers to the extent that mohammed is almost given the the status of a deity. No? Muslims hold Mohammed in the same category christians hold Jesus. Any attack on Mohammed is enough to incite any moslem to take up arms. If this is not equal to worship, I wonder what worship is.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor E. A. Adeboye-washing Toilets Enjoy Heaven' Greater Rewards. / If You Believe In Rapture, Why Report It To The Police And Media / My Being In Church Today Was In Vain, Hollow And Futile!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.