Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

We Need To Change Nigeria From The Bottom Up. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Need To Change Nigeria From The Bottom Up. (773 Views)

See How Buhari Was Received In Sudan On His Way To Nigeria From India(photos) / Navy Warship Arrives Nigeria From China / Do Religious Centers Have The Power To Change Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Need To Change Nigeria From The Bottom Up. by bobby2270(m): 2:31pm On Jul 27, 2012
I've examined Nigerian Politics and i think the only way it will change is from the bottom up. That is, from the grassroots.
We need to educate our people on what good governance is. That way, the leaders that come up will be acting based on principles of Good governance.
I would like your thoughts and i will also provide mine as this thread grows.
Re: We Need To Change Nigeria From The Bottom Up. by bobby2270(m): 2:58pm On Jul 27, 2012
Since no one has replied this thread yet, let me be the first.
First step i would take is to create a movement that will embody the rules of good governance. Which includes inclusion of all religious and geo-political zones, providing free access to social infrastructure (Water and Electricity), organizing seminars to educate both children and parents about what it takes to have a better Nigeria.
Re: We Need To Change Nigeria From The Bottom Up. by Stallion77(f): 3:01pm On Jul 27, 2012
Ok
Re: We Need To Change Nigeria From The Bottom Up. by bobby2270(m): 3:11pm On Jul 27, 2012
Stallion77: Ok
So what are your thoughts? feel free to contribute smiley
Re: We Need To Change Nigeria From The Bottom Up. by Johndoe100(m): 3:14pm On Jul 27, 2012
bobby2270: I've examined Nigerian Politics and i think the only way it will change is from the bottom up. That is, from the grassroots.
We need to educate our people on what good governance is. That way, the leaders that come up will be acting based on principles of Good governance.
I would like your thoughts and i will also provide mine as this thread grows.

I agree but you must understand that the "bottom" are those pesky Yoruba ACN goons. We need to rehabilitate their thinking if at all possible.

1 Like

Re: We Need To Change Nigeria From The Bottom Up. by bobby2270(m): 3:23pm On Jul 27, 2012
Johndoe100:

I agree but you must understand that the "bottom" are those pesky Yoruba ACN goons. We need to rehabilitate their thinking if at all possible.

Exactly my point. but we must that before they became goons, they were good people. so we have to educate them and rehabilitate them by providing something for them to do. The movement would collaborate with NGO's that rehabilitate people. Even though they might not make the kind of money they are making now, but at least they wont be out of the job once ACN is out of the seat of power.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Listed: No.5 Least Peaceful Nations In Africa / N5,000 Note: Nigerians Say ‘no’ / UNDP Worried About Rising Poverty Level In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.