Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,933 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Black African Tribe In India? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Black African Tribe In India? (6951 Views)

Meet The Ofoni People Of Bayelsa, The Only Urhobo Tribe In Bayelsa / Deadliest Black/African Warriors!!!! / Black African Nobility Of Ancient Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black African Tribe In India? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:51am On Jul 31, 2012
to be honest, i dont care for skin colour because skin colour can change over time. i just care for Tribals. All Tribals the world over must unite. i am working on it. .
Re: Black African Tribe In India? by tpia5: 4:37pm On Jul 31, 2012
^^if that's your goal then i think oyibos are the ones most into this kind of thing.

so you need to network mostly with them, assuming you arent already doing so.
Re: Black African Tribe In India? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:43pm On Jul 31, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^^

oyinbos are anti tribals. one live example is Jallowblah. they are all into assimilaating us and destroying our unique identity and culture,, like what happened to the Native n both the Americas.

No wait i think you misunderstand me. I meant UNITY IN DIVERSITY! we must all unite against non-tribal elemnts trying to exterminate us, either directly or indirectly. to do so, we Tribals must unite on socio-economical and political grounds. we must fight to surviv and preserve ourselves. strict laws must be in place to protect culture, religions, prevent inter-marriage, etc.

Th underlying unity lies inthe fact that all tribals have Pagan roots and we must strengthen them. . cool
Re: Black African Tribe In India? by tpia5: 11:47pm On Jul 31, 2012
oyinbos are anti tribals.

oyibos are the most pro-tribal people you'll ever meet.

anti-tribalism only applies when you're no longer african, and in which case you get a new identity related to your situation and experiences.

ie once you cross the sea.

they are all into assimilaating us and destroying our unique identity and culture,, like what happened to the Native n both the Americas

as soon as you explain how traditional libations consider imported schnapps the preferred drink of the gods, you can come back and clarify the rest of this quote.
Re: Black African Tribe In India? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:59pm On Jul 31, 2012
tpia@:

oyibos are the most pro-tribal people you'll ever meet.

anti-tribalism only applies when you're no longer african, and in which case you get a new identity related to your situation and experiences.

ie once you cross the sea.

that is a very lame comment. do you seriously think Africans are the only Tribals in the world the oyinbos have lost their tribes, as a result of which they are trying to drag us in and destroy our tribes. why in the name of whatever, should i consort withthe chief enemy angry
and cross the sea?? wth is that

tpia@:

as soon as you explain how traditional libations consider imported schnapps the preferred drink of the gods, you can come back and clarify the rest of this quote.

i dont understand you. im not into serving drinks.. :/
Re: Black African Tribe In India? by tpia5: 3:08am On Aug 01, 2012
^why do the african gods prefer imported schnapps.

Or what do they drink nowadays-have they started accepting local gin?

And how can you not know what i mean, when you say you're an exponent of traditional religion?

Wetin your own gods dey drink? Kunu or something?
Re: Black African Tribe In India? by PhysicsQED(m): 3:10am On Aug 01, 2012
tpia@:

lmao

I know there are groups in Ghana than include the schnapps pouring stuff in their traditions, but are there any in Nigeria?
Re: Black African Tribe In India? by tpia5: 3:14am On Aug 01, 2012
Yes, in nigeria you know things are serious when schnapps is involved.

Anything else is lesser quality and so, of lower rank .
Re: Black African Tribe In India? by PhysicsQED(m): 3:25am On Aug 01, 2012
tpia@:
Yes, in nigeria you know things are serious when schnapps is involved.

Anything else is lesser quality and so, of lower rank .

lol, wow.
Re: Black African Tribe In India? by PhysicsQED(m): 3:36am On Aug 01, 2012
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libation

I wonder why libation was so widespread.

So many very separate and distinct cultures had it.
Re: Black African Tribe In India? by tpia5: 5:10am On Aug 01, 2012
Re: Black African Tribe In India? by PhysicsQED(m): 6:08am On Aug 01, 2012
Thanks for the link. Well I take back my "lol"s and "lmao"s because it actually makes sense - it was obviously a continuation of an older tradition for libations except using a more expensive liquid.

Alcoholic beverages were used around the world in libations in totally separate cultures and before the trade with Europeans brought them schnapps, an indigenous beverage, probably also alcoholic, would have been used (probably palm wine). I don't think the replacement of the indigenous liquid with schnapps is a big deal though.

Totally off topic, I love the beat on this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAj40NZDI4U
Re: Black African Tribe In India? by esere826: 6:41am On Aug 01, 2012
lol

umhhh, African Gods and tribal chiefs have also developed a taste for foreign liquer

interesting grin
Re: Black African Tribe In India? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:59am On Aug 01, 2012
tpia@:

Or what do they drink nowadays-have they started accepting local gin?

And how can you not know what i mean, when you say you're an exponent of traditional religion?

Wetin your own gods dey drink? Kunu or something?

that must be the case with the Yoruba peoples. my Gods prefer local Alcohol.

and what is wrong if they import the drinks. they are paying from their own pockets, yes Not stealing money from other people like your pastors and flying in private jets. they are using this drinks for the ritual not on themselves. if i had the capability, even i would have done that. i would have built altars of SOlid Gold and showered the idols with beauty and riches. ofcourse i want things in my place of worship to be perfect.

and finally what has this got to do with the genocide of Native Amerindians
Re: Black African Tribe In India? by esere826: 9:34am On Aug 01, 2012
^^^^^^^

The african Gods and their african chiefs with a taste for foreign liquer
The Oyinbo Gods and their african popes evolving towards a a taste for foreign airplanes smiley
Re: Black African Tribe In India? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:42am On Aug 01, 2012
esere826: ^^^^^^^

The african Gods and their african chiefs with a taste for foreign liquer
The Oyinbo Gods and their african popes evolving towards a a taste for foreign airplanes smiley

^aeroplanes for religious ritual? shocked
Re: Black African Tribe In India? by esere826: 10:01am On Aug 01, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

^aeroplanes for religious ritual? shocked

lol......abeg PAGAN, please spare me.

I'm convulsing with laughter right now lol ahahahahahahahahahahaha

(1) (2) (Reply)

That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? / Complex Genetic Ancestry Of Americans Uncovered. / Ibo, Ijaw, Kaleberi, Yoruba, Which Tribe Is Rotimi Amechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.