Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,480 members, 7,823,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Prof. Wole Soyinka Unwinds During His Visit To Akwa Ibom State :D - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof. Wole Soyinka Unwinds During His Visit To Akwa Ibom State :D (1378 Views)

How General Obasanjo Unwinds-Premium Times / Blair House: Buhari's Official Accommodation During His Visit To The US (photo) / How President Goodluck Jonathan Unwinds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prof. Wole Soyinka Unwinds During His Visit To Akwa Ibom State :D by mojounited(m): 12:24pm On Jul 28, 2012
Invited to Akwa Ibom State by Gov. Godswill Akpabio, the Nobel laureate was in Uyo to witness the "Uncommon Transformation"lipsrsealed of Akpabio's tenure (5 years) in office. It was captivating and from his body language, throughout the duration of his visit, the Prof sure looked like he had fun. It's quite radiating to behold the marvellous projects/works of Akpabio's administration, however, I'm rather intrigued on the manner in which my governor politicizes his projects (in example, e-library) - going by the unlimited guests and visitors (mainly politicians) who have visited the state this year alone. It begs the question - does he (Akpabio) have any antecedent or agenda to ascend to/vie for a higher political seat of power in the country or is he just lobbying to bring in federal power/influence or projects/parastatal into the state? #Academic and political curiosity. Just watching to see how things unfold...

Not to sound like a blind critic, hater or pessimist, I am really impressed with Akpabio's achievement so far, but I would rather like to see more tourists and investors (industrial) besiege the state than 'some' politicians who's visits are likely to add no positive impact to the masses. An industrial revolution is needed in Akwa Ibom since the state depends mostly on federal allocation, it is therefore imperative for Akpabio to step it up a nudge by wooing investors and embarking on more PPPs. I.e. Ibom Industrial City. He promised to build and revive dead industries in the 31 LGAs of the state, I'm yet to see that one ooO cheesy. God bless Nigerians and the good people of Akwa Ibom State. Enjoy the video smiley
http://youtu.be/E7dtH2BiaXc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7dtH2BiaXc
Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka Unwinds During His Visit To Akwa Ibom State :D by floriana(m): 4:51pm On Jul 28, 2012
Kongi has begun to take political jobs that will eventually lead to his meltdown
Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka Unwinds During His Visit To Akwa Ibom State :D by mojounited(m): 5:47pm On Jul 28, 2012
Wondering if that was Fela's song played with the wooden xylophone... #awesome grin
Re: Prof. Wole Soyinka Unwinds During His Visit To Akwa Ibom State :D by kunlekunle: 6:59am On Jul 29, 2012
floriana: Kongi has begun to take political jobs that will eventually lead to his meltdown
he is just an observer and checker
never in politics,
but gives constructive criticism most times.

(1) (Reply)

Amechi Strikes Back Sacks Non Conformists / Yoruba Unity Forum To Host Southern Nigerian Peoples Confab / 8 Distinctive Difference Between Islam & Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.