Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,053 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Advice – What To Import! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Advice – What To Import! (919 Views)

* / The Best Items To Import Into Nigeria (selling @ Wholesale) / Please Advice What Can I Do With £10,000 (2.5million Naira) In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice – What To Import! by Chuksab: 1:37pm On Jul 28, 2012
I’m talking a friend into importation, he gave me the list of product he can source for now, which are listed below. Please what is ur take on the product and its prospect in the Nigerian market.
- Brand new laptops or
- Tablet pc or
- Clothes
Which of the following product should one import into Nigeria and why [please highlight the market/the target populace, probable market location, the demand and percentage rate of success and if possible the model/configuration (all things been equal) etc.] Hope I'm not asking too much. I trust you for sure answers/recommendation.

Your constructive opinion is welcomed.
Thanks
Re: Advice – What To Import! by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jul 28, 2012
Trust me i'l go for clothes because it's far easier to sell, but it all depends on you. What do you have a lair for and what really tickles your fancy because it is that which you are enthusiastic about people will buy.
So one man's food may be another man's poison.
Hope that helps. smiley
Re: Advice – What To Import! by Chrisvicmall: 1:49pm On Jul 28, 2012
Any product is good as long as you have the needed market. Besides, your business location plays a great role in your profit. The more money you have the more profit you will make.

Whatever you import, don't import Electric Generators. I do not see future with that product.
Re: Advice – What To Import! by Chuksab: 2:49pm On Jul 28, 2012
@Brand new - Thanks for the post but which kind of clothe do u suggest. Where can one get ready market for clothings?
@Chrisvicmall:Thanks, but you didn't answer my question. I gave a list, which do you prefer and why?
Lovely weekend!
Re: Advice – What To Import! by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 28, 2012
I suggest branded clothings. The popular ones you can classify as high fashion for the Middle class and elites. Quantity depends on your capital but they can be very profitable.
I`m talking from first hand experience.
Suntan, Twice as Nice, Rough n Tumble, Bevista are all good success stories.
Re: Advice – What To Import! by PapaBrowne(m): 12:24am On Jul 31, 2012
If you don't have a store, clothing can be very bad business. You get very tempted to sell on credit and you never get paid back in full and if at all you money would be broken in pieces.

Laptops and Tablets are good, but the big question is how do you compete with established outlets who buy in bulk and offer lower prices?

To identify what is best to import, look for items that are needed in high demand and yet have no saturation. A good example in line with the items you've mentioned, would be security systems.
Re: Advice – What To Import! by StarrMatthieu: 8:19am On Jul 31, 2012
Well
Re: Advice – What To Import! by Chuksab: 10:35am On Jul 31, 2012
I greatly appreciate the response so far.

(1) (Reply)

A Thread For Dangote Cement Distributorship License. / You Have Business Idea, But No Money... Good News! / Biomass Briquette Machine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.