Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Spyder880: Do A Favor - Post Pics Of Abiriba (so-called Small London) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Spyder880: Do A Favor - Post Pics Of Abiriba (so-called Small London) (3296 Views)

Breaking News: Supreme Court Rules In Favor Of Wike- SaharaReporters / Boko Haram Releases Pics Of Abuja Suicide Bombers;takes Responsibility Of Attack / Pics Of Heavy Equipment Recovered From Boko Haram's Failed Attack In Maidugury (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spyder880: Do A Favor - Post Pics Of Abiriba (so-called Small London) by FSU: 7:26pm On Jul 28, 2012
Spyder880,

I know you have your own schedules and plans, but please can you by any means get photos of Abiriba in Abia State? That town has been called small London by some people. But I have searched far and wide for any evidence to support that claim.

Thank you.

FSU
Re: Spyder880: Do A Favor - Post Pics Of Abiriba (so-called Small London) by floriana(m): 8:07pm On Jul 28, 2012
Served there years ago. Pictures will not do justice to the small London name for it is a village inhabited by poor folks living shanty houses interspersed by gigantic mansions owned by relations abroad. Houses are only used when the owners come to town.
Re: Spyder880: Do A Favor - Post Pics Of Abiriba (so-called Small London) by Odunnu: 8:18pm On Jul 28, 2012
FSU: Spyder880,

I know you have your own schedules and plans, but please can you by any means get photos of Abiriba in Abia State? That town has been called small London by some people. But I have searched far and wide for any evidence to support that claim.

Thank you.

FSU
Why not take a trip atleast, it'l quench your hunger
Re: Spyder880: Do A Favor - Post Pics Of Abiriba (so-called Small London) by FSU: 8:36pm On Jul 28, 2012
Odunnu:
Why not take a trip atleast, it'l quench your hunger

I am presently operating from planet Mars and will have to land on planet Earth first, before locating where Abriba is. grin grin grin
Re: Spyder880: Do A Favor - Post Pics Of Abiriba (so-called Small London) by FSU: 8:37pm On Jul 28, 2012
floriana:
1. floriana(m): Quote Post

Served there years ago. Pictures will not do justice to the small London name for it is a village inhabited by poor folks living shanty houses interspersed by gigantic mansions owned by relations abroad. Houses are only used when the owners come to town.
So this means it is nowhere near being rightly referred to as small London, right?

1 Like

Re: Spyder880: Do A Favor - Post Pics Of Abiriba (so-called Small London) by ifyalways(f): 8:43pm On Jul 28, 2012
Abiriba is a fine town really, don't know if the "small London" acronym fits though. My rough guess is that it was the first or one of the first towns within that hood to experience massive infrastructural development.
Re: Spyder880: Do A Favor - Post Pics Of Abiriba (so-called Small London) by BlackPikiN(m): 9:22pm On Jul 28, 2012
Abiriba na real small London. (Nigeria)

I don go their before. My cousins na their dey come from.

You go feed your eyes tire with different style of buildings.
Re: Spyder880: Do A Favor - Post Pics Of Abiriba (so-called Small London) by FSU: 12:01am On Jul 29, 2012
BlackPikiN: Abiriba na real small London. (Nigeria)

I don go their before. My cousins na their dey come from.

You go feed your eyes tire with different style of buildings.

How come no one sees these buildings in Abriba anywhere on cyberspace? The few buildings I have seen are no different from those anywhere else in Igboland. Dem forbid photography for Abriba? grin grin grin
Re: Spyder880: Do A Favor - Post Pics Of Abiriba (so-called Small London) by spyder880(m): 12:04am On Jul 29, 2012

Thank you.

FSU

E hard o, except if I get work around that area.
Re: Spyder880: Do A Favor - Post Pics Of Abiriba (so-called Small London) by basher(m): 2:41am On Jul 29, 2012

Thank you.

FSU

That name "Small London" is outdated. It was called that in the 60's & 70's (probably 80's), events have since overtaken things. Its similar to the "Garden City" tag of PortHarcourt.

Nobody is making that claim now = case closed = END THIS THREAD!!
Re: Spyder880: Do A Favor - Post Pics Of Abiriba (so-called Small London) by jenny22: 11:37pm On May 22, 2013
spyder880:

E hard o, except if I get work around that area.
busy body, ur mates sit down to think about good and rich articles and u making clueless article. If they say abiriba is a small london 'yeeeesss' what your business then call your own big london busy body
Re: Spyder880: Do A Favor - Post Pics Of Abiriba (so-called Small London) by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:12am On May 23, 2013
If Abriba is small london that means Nnewi,Awka-etiti,Oraukwu,Amichi,Obosi,Ihiala,Umuoji,Arondizuogu,Okija and all the towns in Anambra with money bags should be paradise. Fact is,Abriba is just another bush with lots of mansions without good roads. In Umuoji,we not only have intimidating mansions but we also have people who tarred their own roads.
Re: Spyder880: Do A Favor - Post Pics Of Abiriba (so-called Small London) by akanuson: 1:10am On Jan 08, 2015
abiriba

(1) (Reply)

Richest State In Nigeria 2013 Is Lagos; Sokoto Is The Poorest-see Lists. / Could This Be The Biggest Front Page Blunder Of 2015? / Jonathan Is A Great Leader - Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.