Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Black American Wants To Move To Nigeria - Need Advice! - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Black American Wants To Move To Nigeria - Need Advice! (8968 Views)

Black American Relocating To Nigeria / American Wants To Build Life In Uk Virtually At First / When I Leave, Am No Longer A Naija Boy But A Black American (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black American Wants To Move To Nigeria - Need Advice! by Wasbayd: 1:12am On Aug 05, 2012
Abrantie: .

And may I ask where you live and what you do for living?

@poster. I'm sure you know this already that Nigeria is one of the best countries in the world where you can come, reside, invest and live like a king without racial discrimination. The no law point my friend is raising is not the determiner of your safety and success here, all you need is the Nigeria (personal and financial) survival spirit as someone mentioned to you, so if you realy have a good fund at hand, just proceed here and build your wealth. I love giving instance, which you can work on to find out if I'm right or wrong about, common pure water business in Nigeria can make you a multimillionaire in no time if well plan, not to talk of establishing schools, import and export businesses and other more lucrative options. There are many rich foreigners here doing great in their choice of business, and many are still seeking that golden opportunity to tap into Nigerian commercial wealth.
Re: Black American Wants To Move To Nigeria - Need Advice! by Nobody: 5:41am On Aug 05, 2012
Abrantie: .
I know you are only surfing the internet to seeing bad things in Nigeria. Mind you , every country has its good and bad side. So, Nigeria is a country where he can become a successful Business Man.

However, do you think only politicians and those who working in Oil and Gas company live a good life here? Nope, come and see successful business Men/Women in Nigeria. So, your sentiments seem emotional rather than rational grin

1 Like

Re: Black American Wants To Move To Nigeria - Need Advice! by Wasbayd: 7:28am On Aug 06, 2012
I read the rubbish from that lapaz64 before the post was hidden. He sounded like an angry lion, but all I can tell him is Nigeria is better than the hell hole he's roaring from.
@poster... If you are seriously determined to stay in Nigeria for business, kindly carry us along, I for one will throw bunches of ideas to you from here with 100% success guaranty, and I'm sure I got many other good fellow Nigerians businessmen here too that will do the same. I want your success to bury this lapaz face in dunes of shame, cos we are not as bad as he has pasted us.

1 Like

Re: Black American Wants To Move To Nigeria - Need Advice! by Nobody: 7:24pm On Aug 07, 2012
Wasbayd: I read the rubbish from that lapaz64 before the post was hidden. He sounded like an angry lion, but all I can tell him is Nigeria is better than the hell hole he's roaring from.
@poster... If you are seriously determined to stay in Nigeria for business, kindly carry us along, I for one will throw bunches of ideas to you from here with 100% success guaranty, and I'm sure I got many other good fellow Nigerians businessmen here too that will do the same. I want your success to bury this lapaz face in dunes of shame, cos we are not as bad as he has pasted us.
EXACTLY!
Re: Black American Wants To Move To Nigeria - Need Advice! by Brilliance9000: 6:31am On May 15, 2013
nwabobo: Are you African-American or Nigerian-American? Your grammatical construction is pure Naija bruv. Just my observation.

"nwabobo" You are dead on...he is a Nigerian. I could tell you(nwabobo) went to school in the US and have gotten pretty used to their way of writing. I could easily tell from his writing style, syntax and choice of words that he is a Nigerian. Americans and American-educated Nigerians just don't write in that form....we don't.
Re: Black American Wants To Move To Nigeria - Need Advice! by beejay112: 2:51pm On May 18, 2013
[quote author=otokx]@wasbayd

do you speak Yoruba or are you in any way Yoruba? Your area of business to me appears to be service oriented and not production; correct me if i'm wrong.[/quote. ]. Don't popnose on someones self biz.it was a tricky ?. Their are ways and maners to ask.
Re: Black American Wants To Move To Nigeria - Need Advice! by mu2sa2: 7:32am On May 19, 2013
I advise you settle in Abuja - it's no-man's land and everyone's welcome their. Yes, it's an African city with African flavour, but it's also cosmopolitan and you'll feel at home there. Nobody will discriminate against you in Nigeria on account of your skin colour - they may call you "oyibo" but it's not a rascist or derogatory word, it's simply used for anybody who's light-skinned or white (including Asians and Arabs). Believe me, you may even enjoy some privileges if people know you're not a native.
Make sure you have a good job or reliable local business partners. That's it- no problems, after all 160 million people are living here.
Re: Black American Wants To Move To Nigeria - Need Advice! by similoluwa123: 4:03pm On May 19, 2013
You are not an American. You are a liar. The tune of your post shows you are from Nigeria.
Re: Black American Wants To Move To Nigeria - Need Advice! by londoner: 4:21am On May 20, 2013
OP...head STRAIGHT TO ABUJA.....!!!!

I was born and raised outside of naija, but still have a strog connection to my peeps and the country. Abuja gives you most of the comfort you are used to and the level of stress that is liveable (not destructive like lagos for example)......its beautiful and full of opportunity.
Re: Black American Wants To Move To Nigeria - Need Advice! by kennybuda: 2:17pm On May 20, 2013
Dont border urself if he is american there is no big deal he is wellcome back home
similoluwa123: You are not an American. You are a liar. The tune of your post shows you are from Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Black American Wants To Move To Nigeria - Need Advice! by ctyson90(f): 7:22am On Oct 03, 2014
This topic sure caught my eye as I was looking to write a similar post. I think its refreshing to know of a fellow black american that wants to relocate to nigeria for other reasons than strictly business. Just wanted to acknowledge that fact and wish you best of luck. Maybe we will cross paths
Re: Black American Wants To Move To Nigeria - Need Advice! by sssob: 7:49am On Oct 03, 2014
@ op...why do u have two usernames..Michaeljones36 and karoseki77?
Re: Black American Wants To Move To Nigeria - Need Advice! by londoner: 12:59pm On Oct 04, 2014
ctyson90:
This topic sure caught my eye as I was looking to write a similar post. I think its refreshing to know of a fellow black american that wants to relocate to nigeria for other reasons than strictly business. Just wanted to acknowledge that fact and wish you best of luck. Maybe we will cross paths

A few black Americans have relocated to Nigeria. There is a site called internations. Its an expat site and you can get in contact with people from the US, that are now living/working in Nigeria.

I would suggest a few visits first to set yourself up and ease in. I would also suggest starting of in Abuja, then from there look at were else you want to go (Lagos etc).

I'm not Black American, but I'm British/ Nigerian (born and raised in UK) to Nigerian parents. I'm also looking at going to live in Nigeria. Many people are looking to go actually.

It's a very laudable aspiration to close the gap that has kept Africans and African Americans apart for so long.

Just come home.........

1 Like

Re: Black American Wants To Move To Nigeria - Need Advice! by ctyson90(f): 2:44am On Oct 14, 2014
I am a black american female looking to relocate to Nigeria to start a life with igbo fiance who resides in Lagos. Just looking for any insight that can assist me on my journey. I have always had a strong desire to leave the states in search of what ive left behind though ive never physically been to the mother continent. Again, any advice would be appreciated. A few things to consider are:

Majority's acceptance of interracial marriages and/or black americans in general.

Career opportunities for black americans.

Primary school for nigerian american children.

Overall treatment of black american foreigners.

Availability of imported foods that are popular in US.

Availability of imported products that are popular in US.

Population of black americans/black american women-nigerian men.

Please note, this is in primary reference to lagos or other major cities.
Re: Black American Wants To Move To Nigeria - Need Advice! by tpiar: 4:02pm On Feb 01, 2016
Hm, interesting thread.
Re: Black American Wants To Move To Nigeria - Need Advice! by wftech: 7:50pm On Apr 24, 2017
Are U In Nigeria Now, Or U Didnt Relocate
Re: Black American Wants To Move To Nigeria - Need Advice! by Benekruku(m): 8:21pm On Apr 24, 2017
Kairoseki77:
Hey Nairaland!

This is my first post, so I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this in, but I am interested in moving to Naija and want some advice.

What is the general feeling towards African Americans in Nigeria? In some of the older threads on this forum people were saying that the "south south" region and the south west would welcome me, but that I would face discrimination and be mocked elsewhere. Is this true? Why exactly?

Also, being light skinned (I am about the same complexion as Obama) will I be treated differently? I know there are many light skinned people in Nigeria, but will I stand out in a crowd? Will people automatically assume I'm a foreigner based on appearance?

Also, what is the situation like in the north? I gather Boko Haram hates western education, and being a western educated person I doubt they'd like me, but what about the average northerner? How will they react?

Anyway, thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time out respond to this thread. I have some more questions, but I'll wait for some responses to come in before I ask anything else.

Thanks.

PS - I am a 21 year old man.
PPS - Can I smack any Nigerian that calls me Oyimbo (white), or is that rude? tongue

You said You wanted to hear the sincere Truth right?

Just heard to the Western part of Nigeria as they re the most accommodating. Within us in Nigeria, Its has been the most habitable in all ramifications. If you go to the North and Boko-Haram gets an intel that you re an American, Sorry to say, Your head might be parceled to Trump to send send a message. And If you want to try out the South, same will happen just that you wont be killed but will be kidnapped on quarterly basis in a year and will be bailed out with heavy ransom. I bet you, The US government will extradite back to US after numerous kidnaps.

The East is quite comfy but not for an American like you cos you might die of boredom and before you know it, you might go crude and start roasting cassava to flakes.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My First Journey To Lagos-experience And Hidden Lessons By Rocasmilatos. / Stuck In Brazil / Photo Of Bad Road In U.K. Brings More Photos Of Bad Roads Around The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.