Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Nigeria Vs Lithuania Olympics Basketball 2012 ( 53 - 72) On Tuesday 31st July - Sports (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Lithuania Olympics Basketball 2012 ( 53 - 72) On Tuesday 31st July (34966 Views)

Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 / Azerbaijan Vs Nigeria (0 - 11): U-17 Women's World Cup On Tuesday Sept-25-2012 / Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Lithuania Olympics Basketball 2012 ( 53 - 72) On Tuesday 31st July by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jul 31, 2012
buzugee: the guy is from africa. of course he will love africa more. but he loves britain too. he spends his summers in britain. the guy is a british citizen.

I'm not arguing that - I've lived all my life out here as well, but I love Africa/Nigeria more.. That's the mentality!! grin

His family lives in the UK as well..

I like the guy, he's a very humble and soft spoken bloke.. And he's doing a lot in South Sudan as well...
Re: Nigeria Vs Lithuania Olympics Basketball 2012 ( 53 - 72) On Tuesday 31st July by buzugee(m): 6:52pm On Jul 31, 2012
shymmex:

I don't think he can make the US team - he's about 28/29 now, and not as good as he used to be when he was with the Bulls..

He played with Emeka Okafor at Connecticut and if they wanted him, they would have selected him when they selected Emeka Okafor to play for them at the Olympics..

I don't really know, but personally, I don't think he's really interested in playing for them.
i dont think they are interested in him. i dont think he will make an american third team. there are too many point guards ahead of him. rose, rondo, to name a few. he will probably make an all american fifth team. meaning 5 nba all star teams will be formed before it gets to his turn
Re: Nigeria Vs Lithuania Olympics Basketball 2012 ( 53 - 72) On Tuesday 31st July by buzugee(m): 6:53pm On Jul 31, 2012
shymmex:

I'm not arguing that - I've lived all my life out here as well, but I love Africa/Nigeria more.. That's the mentality!! grin

His family lives in the UK as well..

I like the guy, he's a very humble and soft spoken bloke.. And he's doing a lot in South Sudan as well...
yup and all that time he was playing for chicago, i lived in chicago. so he my dude.
Re: Nigeria Vs Lithuania Olympics Basketball 2012 ( 53 - 72) On Tuesday 31st July by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 31, 2012
buzugee: i dont think they are interested in him. i dont think he will make an american third team. there are too many point guards ahead of him. rose, rondo, to name a few. he will probably make an all american fifth team. meaning 5 nba all star teams will be formed before it gets to his turn

I wasn't talking about Yanks, I was talking about the UK..

Ben Gordon won't make US' 5th team.. grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Lithuania Olympics Basketball 2012 ( 53 - 72) On Tuesday 31st July by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 31, 2012
buzugee: yup and all that time he was playing for chicago, i lived in chicago. so he my dude.

ChiTown - that's city that created Derrick Rose the future MJ!! grin And Dwayne Wade!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Lithuania Olympics Basketball 2012 ( 53 - 72) On Tuesday 31st July by chic2pimp(m): 6:57pm On Jul 31, 2012
shymmex:

The dream had the dream shake from early, and his defense (something both Griffin and Love lack) was great right from his college days at Houston...

Hakeem did not have the Dream Shake earlier on in his career. It's something he developed later on.
Yes he was a defensive beast right from his days playing for Phi Slamma Jamma(In one of his interviews, He claims that even goes further back to his time in Nigeria).

However Olajuwon relied more on his Superb Athleticism and Amazing Quickness earlier on in his career for his points. He had all the Tools to be an offensive beast but did not develop those now Legendary post moves till the late 80's-early nineties.

The Final Series vs the Celtics in 1986 highlighed this.It was still raw at this point and although he did show flashes of his brillance he would be later renowned for, they were not as refined.
Re: Nigeria Vs Lithuania Olympics Basketball 2012 ( 53 - 72) On Tuesday 31st July by buzugee(m): 6:58pm On Jul 31, 2012
shymmex:

I wasn't talking about Yanks, I was talking about the UK..

Ben Gordon won't make US' 5th team.. grin grin
oh gotcha. i dont think he feeling the uk.
shymmex:

ChiTown - that's city that created Derrick Rose the future MJ!! grin And Dwayne Wade!!

yup and i used to b-ang with all them goons on foster street beach basketball court in the summer. chitown baby babyyyyyyyyy. dangerous place to live.

the spot http://www.flickr.com/groups/foster-beach-basketball-court/pool/
Re: Nigeria Vs Lithuania Olympics Basketball 2012 ( 53 - 72) On Tuesday 31st July by buzugee(m): 7:01pm On Jul 31, 2012
chic2pimp:

Hakeem did not have the Dream Shake earlier on in his career. It's something he developed later on.
Yes he was a defensive beast right from his days playing for Phi Slamma Jamma(In one of his interviews, He claims that even goes further back to his time in Nigeria).

However Olajuwon relied more on his Superb Athleticism and Amazing Quickness earlier on in his career for his points. He had all the Tools to be an offensive beast but did not develop those now Legendary post moves till the late 80's-early nineties.

The Final Series vs the Celtics in 1986 highlighed this.It was still raw at this point and although he did show flashes of his brillance he would be later renowned for, they were not as refined.
you are right. and all the finesse came to an epitome against the san antonio spurs. oh boy watching that game was an or-gasmic experience. i never seen nothing like it in my life. that dream shake sure is one heck of a move. he had david robinson looking like a girl scout
Re: Nigeria Vs Lithuania Olympics Basketball 2012 ( 53 - 72) On Tuesday 31st July by chic2pimp(m): 7:06pm On Jul 31, 2012
buzugee: amongst other things

Are you saying he loved his Night outs?....Surely not shocked shocked

shymmex:

I don't think he can make the US team - he's about 28/29 now, and not as good as he used to be when he was with the Bulls..

He played with Emeka Okafor at Connecticut and if they wanted him, they would have selected him when they selected Emeka Okafor to play for them at the Olympics..

I don't really know, but personally, I don't think he's really interested in playing for them.

I was only kidding......He himseelf knows there is no way he is ever going to make the US team.
Counting Pros and College Basketball, there are at the very least 10 point Guards ahead of him.

He is probably not interested because He knows there is more chance of me winning the EuroMillion lottery three times than there is of him playing for the US.
Re: Nigeria Vs Lithuania Olympics Basketball 2012 ( 53 - 72) On Tuesday 31st July by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 31, 2012
chic2pimp:

He himself said his dream shake is something he applied to basketball from his football(soccer) days in Nigeria. So, it's obvious he had it in his game from early - the finesse is another argument entirely. These two guys don't have anything as good as the dream shake in their game yet. Comparing these guys to the dream is disrespectful.. Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon destroyed every big man he played against in the NBA!!

He destroyed David Robinson, Young Shaq, Malone etc..

Olajuwon was a BEAST!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Lithuania Olympics Basketball 2012 ( 53 - 72) On Tuesday 31st July by buzugee(m): 7:09pm On Jul 31, 2012
chic2pimp:

Are you saying he loved his Night outs?....Surely not shocked shocked

I was only kidding......He himseelf knows there is no way he is ever going to make the US team.
Counting Pros and College Basketball, there are at the very least 10 point Guards ahead of him.

He is probably not interested because He knows there is more chance of me winning the EuroMillion lottery three times than there is of him playing for the US.
lol he had a nigga mindset. he loved his nightouts, soul food, women, weed, alcohol. hey thats what happens to most of em. too much money too soon. look at steve franchise ? steve francis ? too much weed and hennessy. same with stephon marbury.
Re: Nigeria Vs Lithuania Olympics Basketball 2012 ( 53 - 72) On Tuesday 31st July by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 31, 2012
buzugee: oh gotcha. i dont think he feeling the uk. yup and i used to b-ang with all them goons on foster street beach basketball court in the summer. chitown baby babyyyyyyyyy. dangerous place to live.

the spot http://www.flickr.com/groups/foster-beach-basketball-court/pool/

Chi town!! You guys need to show NYC basketball how to play, they haven't produced any good basketball player in a long time. grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Lithuania Olympics Basketball 2012 ( 53 - 72) On Tuesday 31st July by buzugee(m): 7:10pm On Jul 31, 2012
Re: Nigeria Vs Lithuania Olympics Basketball 2012 ( 53 - 72) On Tuesday 31st July by buzugee(m): 7:12pm On Jul 31, 2012
shymmex:

Chi town!! You guys need to show NYC basketball how to play, they haven't produced any good basketball player in a long time. grin
yeah thats because they think they can get faster money by selling dope. instant gratification. by the time a brother gets to 20, he is laden with felonies. no school will touch you after that. nyc is a rough place. hard to stay focused in that rat race
Re: Nigeria Vs Lithuania Olympics Basketball 2012 ( 53 - 72) On Tuesday 31st July by chic2pimp(m): 7:14pm On Jul 31, 2012
buzugee: you are right. and all the finesse came to an epitome against the san antonio spurs. oh boy watching that game was an or-gasmic experience. i never seen nothing like it in my life. that dream shake sure is one heck of a move. he had david robinson looking like a girl scout

Not only is He my favourite centre of all time(still think He is the Best Centre of all time) he is my favourite player of all time.
Just like Zeke is my second Favourite PG behind Magic.
It's not just about the Move it's the way he did them. The slickness, the tender touch, the gracefulness,the finesse, You just could not make it up.

I could watch him play all day long.
Re: Nigeria Vs Lithuania Olympics Basketball 2012 ( 53 - 72) On Tuesday 31st July by chic2pimp(m): 7:30pm On Jul 31, 2012
buzugee: lol he had a nigga mindset. he loved his nightouts, soul food, women, weed, alcohol. hey thats what happens to most of em. too much money too soon. look at steve franchise ? steve francis ? too much weed and hennessy. same with stephon marbury.

ROFLMAO!!! grin grin grin.......I guess it's a case of having too much too soon.
I just can't grasp that mentality.
Shame with Marbury. What a Great player he could have turned out to be.
He and Garnett had something going on then and with the addition of a few more quality players you never know how far Minesotta could have gone.
Re: Nigeria Vs Lithuania Olympics Basketball 2012 ( 53 - 72) On Tuesday 31st July by Niiade(m): 7:35pm On Jul 31, 2012
Finally .........................
Re: Nigeria Vs Lithuania Olympics Basketball 2012 ( 53 - 72) On Tuesday 31st July by chic2pimp(m): 7:41pm On Jul 31, 2012
shymmex:

He himself said his dream shake is something he applied to basketball from his football(soccer) days in Nigeria. So, it's obvious he had it in his game from early - the finesse is another argument entirely. These two guys don't have anything as good as the dream shake in their game yet. Comparing these guys to the dream is disrespectful.. Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon destroyed every big man he played against in the NBA!!

He destroyed David Robinson, Young Shaq, Malone etc..

Olajuwon was a BEAST!!!

He said he learnt his now legendary footwork from playing Soccer not the Dream shake.
The shake came much latter on.

Nah I'm not being disrespectful to my Fav player of all time. Those dudes don't and never will have anything close to Hakeem's moves. Very few players in the history of the Game did.
All i'm saying that one or two of those spin moves/Fadeawy I've seen Blake pull off woulda made him smile.
Re: Nigeria Vs Lithuania Olympics Basketball 2012 ( 53 - 72) On Tuesday 31st July by occam(m): 8:30pm On Jul 31, 2012
buzugee:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc02Z4-0wDM

The dream! This guy brought so much respect for Nigeria. Barkeely & Kenny Smith on TNT always exalt Akeem as a professional and a decent human being.

Sad to see Nigeria now living in past glory - football, basketball, athletics any sport
Re: Nigeria Vs Lithuania Olympics Basketball 2012 ( 53 - 72) On Tuesday 31st July by occam(m): 8:44pm On Jul 31, 2012
PhysicsQED:

There's an Edo (Bini) guy on the team - Obasohan.

BASKETBALL
1. Oyedeji Olumide
2. Diogu Ikechukwu Somto
3. Oruche Richard Dean Chukwuma
4. Ugboaja Ejike
5. Dagunduro Adeola Adedokun
6. Oguchi Chamberlain Nnaemeka
7. Aminu Abdul Alade
8. Ibekwe Ekenechukwu
9. Archibong Aniekan Okon
10. Aminu al Farouk
11. Obasohan Derrick Osamuuyi
12. Skinn Anthony Oludewa
13. Ayodele Bakare – Head Coach
14. Sani Ahmed - Coach
15. Francis Gbiri - Admin. Personnel
16. Tijjani Umar - Team Leader

Who is this Ezeli guy?

Where are all the Nigerian guys playing in the NBA? Are they not on the Naija team? I see Aminu al Farouk and that's it. Emeka Okafor may be a stiff but he still a good rebounder

How can Lithuania trash us? Ah well, looks like we're just a passenger in this Olympics
Re: Nigeria Vs Lithuania Olympics Basketball 2012 ( 53 - 72) On Tuesday 31st July by wy2000(m): 1:43am On Aug 01, 2012
occam:

Where are all the Nigerian guys playing in the NBA? Are they not on the Naija team? I see Aminu al Farouk and that's it. Emeka Okafor may be a stiff but he still a good rebounder

How can Lithuania trash us? Ah well, looks like we're just a passenger in this Olympics

Our problem was not rebounding per se. We couldnt shoot!!
The team out-hustled the bigger Lithuania team and forced many tornover, but could NOT shoot!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Lithuania Olympics Basketball 2012 ( 53 - 72) On Tuesday 31st July by davidif: 4:45am On Aug 01, 2012
WOW!!!!! Tony Skinn is a Nigerian?? Unbelievable! I remember that remarkable George Mason team of that year. Its amazing that some of this players playing for Naija, i watched them when they were in college.
Re: Nigeria Vs Lithuania Olympics Basketball 2012 ( 53 - 72) On Tuesday 31st July by Limaoscar: 10:37am On Aug 01, 2012
Nigeria produced; HAKEEM "THE DREAM" OLAJUWON - the GREATEST CENTER ever to play in the NBA and former number one pick. He was born and raised in Nigeria.

Nigeria produced; OLOWOKANDI THE KANDY MAN - former number one pick. He was born and raised in Nigeria.

Ghanaians are too short to play basketball...

Besides that, they are too black-azzed class-less and too crude to play basketball cool cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Lithuania Olympics Basketball 2012 ( 53 - 72) On Tuesday 31st July by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 01, 2012
53-72? Sounds like a nursery school football trainingsmiley oh sorry its basket.
Re: Nigeria Vs Lithuania Olympics Basketball 2012 ( 53 - 72) On Tuesday 31st July by lepasharon(f): 12:00pm On Aug 01, 2012
whose watching china and angola?These women are better than the men!

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Photo:: Woman Who Defrauded Osaze Odemwingie, Others Of £130,000 Gets Jailed / Arsenal Will Sign 'better Player' If Aubameyang Completes Transfer To Man Utd / Wilfred Ndidi Shows Off His Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.