Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,152 members, 7,811,296 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! - Car Talk (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! (385098 Views)

Peugeot Cars Ownership: The Misleading Idea: Location, Cost Of Parts, Etc. / Are There No Auto Peugeot Cars? / American Spec Cars With HEADLAMPS Always On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nobody: 4:10pm On Feb 16, 2013
Ikenna351:

No insult meant indeed!

Last month, i sold my 605 of 1990 production and kept back my 1987 505. What does that tell you? You should have known that not everyone reasons or thinks like you; not everyone lives rest of his/her live trying to impress everyother person.

You dont have to tell the whole world that you are not a car enthusiast. Thats what you have achieved with that your post above. Because something is new makes it better, in all ramifications? Even with all the safety stuffs in newer cars, yet we have more records of deaths via road car accident now than in the '70s & '80s. The older cars even without air bags in those decades, were able to save/protect the occupants from heavy impacts, since their body were strongly designed to do that job, unlike now that newer car bodies have become plastics, where even the air bags would burst when rolling over or on a serious impact.

By the Grace of God, i will still buy more cars, even brand new ones or the plastic ones. But no one of them will ever replace my 505, as long as God still gives me the resources to keep it in good shape.

Since the topic or the thread did not state any Peugoet product that would be discussed here; since you are not comfortable seeing the figures 504, 505 or even 403 mentioned here, you can start a thread on strictly Peugeot 407, 408 or 508, since you are already ashamed of owning a 406.

Ikenna.
Hey Ikenna,‎​dat was harsh and uncalled for!I just expressed an opinion.what happened τ̲̅ȍ freedom of speech?!Can ‎u compare head lamps of a modern car τ̲̅ȍ ‎​dat of an 80s car?Even if d older ones have stronger bodies ,wat of power steering and other gadgets that make driving pleasurable.Going back τ̲̅ȍ ‎​dat ur december trip I guess ‎u would have arrived in good tyme with a 407 lion.like I said before •̸№ insult or show off meant τ̲̅ȍ lovers of such models,I just tink d more modern d car d easier and more pleasurable d drive with our crazy traffic situation.

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:57pm On Feb 16, 2013
Two days ago was 30 years of the Peugeot 205: 1983 - 1998 (5.3 million units produced).

Will Peugeot ever get back it lost glory? Find link below:

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=23&t=1251538&mid=275517&i=0&nmt=RE%3A+30+years+of+the+Peugeot+205&mid=275517

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by fyneboi79(m): 9:34am On Feb 17, 2013
nony30: Hey Ikenna,‎​dat was harsh and uncalled for!I just expressed an opinion.what happened τ̲̅ȍ freedom of speech?!Can ‎u compare head lamps of a modern car τ̲̅ȍ ‎​dat of an 80s car?Even if d older ones have stronger bodies ,wat of power steering and other gadgets that make driving pleasurable.Going back τ̲̅ȍ ‎​dat ur december trip I guess ‎u would have arrived in good tyme with a 407 lion.like I said before •̸№ insult or show off meant τ̲̅ȍ lovers of such models,I just tink d more modern d car d easier and more pleasurable d drive with our crazy traffic situation.
@nony30,‎u should know •̸№t every one can afford the type of vehicle ‎u r talking about and should •̸№t condemn wat they drive as its still a lion •̸№ matter the year of production.but notwithstanding Ikenna ‎u went too far in ur explanation and don't have τ̲̅ȍ get so hostile @ least one day ‎u will drive such cars too and feel d difference of driving with pleasure and suffering in pleasure.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:09am On Feb 17, 2013
fyneboi79: @nony30,‎u should know •̸№t every one can afford the type of vehicle ‎u r talking about and should •̸№t condemn wat they drive as its still a lion •̸№ matter the year of production.but notwithstanding Ikenna ‎u went too far in ur explanation and don't have τ̲̅ȍ get so hostile @ least one day ‎u will drive such cars too and feel d difference of driving with pleasure and suffering in pleasure.

What the Hell is that suppose to mean "driving with pleasure and suffering in pleasure"? And what the Hell does "..at least one day u will drive such cars too and feel the difference" means? So you mean I couldn't afford a newer car which was why I bought the 505 V6? Do you even know how much I bought that 505 V6? Do you know what it took me to find that car? Does it look like a Nigerian used car? Hmm! For your information, that 505 V6 cost me more than 800k to purchase.

Do you have any idea how many newer cars I have driven, used or handled, which I could afford before I own that 505 V6? And even when I bought my 2nd car, a newer car to the 505 v6, 605 v6, I still went ahead, sold it and kept back the 505 v6. In as much the 605 V6 was newer to 505 V6, it was in no way a match to the driving pleasure I derive from my 505 V6. Not even close!

Next time, don't talk nonsense because you think you know something you are not sure of. A car expert advice indeed! Very annoying. angry

Ikenna

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:55am On Feb 17, 2013
nony30: Hey Ikenna,‎​dat was harsh and uncalled for!I just expressed an opinion.what happened τ̲̅ȍ freedom of speech?!Can ‎u compare head lamps of a modern car τ̲̅ȍ ‎​dat of an 80s car?Even if d older ones have stronger bodies ,wat of power steering and other gadgets that make driving pleasurable.Going back τ̲̅ȍ ‎​dat ur december trip I guess ‎u would have arrived in good tyme with a 407 lion.like I said before •̸№ insult or show off meant τ̲̅ȍ lovers of such models,I just tink d more modern d car d easier and more pleasurable d drive with our crazy traffic situation.

There are two groups of people in life: those that get carried away by beauties and those that value quality. Am not among the former. So I don't give a damn about how a headlights looks, as long as they are bright enough and look solid.

Do you really want us to compare the newer Peugeots to my '87 505 V6? Do you really want us to compare performance/road handling of RWD with FWD cars?

You said what about the power steering and other gadgets? By gadgets you mean toys? Fine. For a start, 505 V6 has a better Power assisted steering than that one in your I4 406. The best steering so far, which you can only find in V6 Peugeots, known as Variable ratio steering. So if your 406 is not V6, then your PAS is not half as good as 505 V6 PAS. Not even close. Doubt me? Google it and find out.

About toys you mentioned, 505 V6 comes with auto climate control, even better than one in 406, to me. The windows of 505 V6 are not meant to come down. As soon as ignition comes on, the ventilation fan switches on until you switch off the ignition. You either use outside air if cold enough, use inside air if warm enough, use heater if too cold, or switch on the AC compressor for cold air if too warm or hot for you). Is it remote key lock that it doesn't have or what? Yes, newer cars may have more toys and so what? So am I buying a car for toys or what? smh!

You said if I had used 407, I would have arrived Abuja earlier in my last Xmas trip with my 505 V6? Are you that serious? I hope this is not a joke. I set off from Enugu at 6.20 am and arrived Abuja before 12pm and got to my house at 12.35pm. Maybe, you need to tell me how many people that have done such trips with their cars in 6hrs (Enugu-Abuja).

See, I wanted to ignore this post, but the last poster pushed me to do this. Your comments have shown that you are just new with cars; I mean, trying to show off. I have been there and past that level long time ago.

Am sorry, I created this thread and didn't discriminate any product of Peugeot. Here is the Nairaland Peugeot family. Any Lion owner has every right here to talk about or discuss his Lion. If you cant deal with it, find yourself another thread and do so please. Probably you want a 404, 504 or 505 owner to be so ashamed to admit that he owns such a car, belong here or contribute here. I wont allow it. You can hate me for that.

Visit other online French car forums and you will find out that they even discuss more of older Peugeots than the newer ones, since they value those ones more than the newer ones, even though they still own and have the newer ones in their garages. Have you a look at Aussiefrogs? Most of the thread you will see there are about 205, 404, 405, 504 & 505, even 403. I have a friend a friend in Australia that owns 406 V6, 504, 505 & 403. He is restoring the 403 now as a project car. Every time am discussing with him, he only talk about his 504 & his 403 project car. Do you think we all are richer than them? Even Americans have a dedicated forum for solely 505, where am very active too. In the other post above, I posted a link of someone in US that owns two 505 V6s. You think he didn't see other cars to buy as a 2nd car, yet he bought another 505 v6 to make it 2? What was he deriving from the 1st one that he couldn't resist that made him buy the 2nd one? You can actually ask him that by yourself. Go back to the link I provided, register and ask him those questions, if you are interested.

Finally, please, some people buy cars because of the performance of such cars, not because they are after mobility only. Try and respect that. Also, that something is newer doesn't mean that its better than the one it replaced, in all ramifications. I have driven 406 a lot, so I know what am saying. Am working on replacing the 605 V6 I have sold with 406 V6 D9. Because my research on the car showed it got the power and performance I want/need. That's how I choose or select my cars. I understand that everyone cannot be a petrolhead, which obviously you are not. So no matter how hard I explain, you wont understand why I chose my 505 V6 over newer cars. You just wont understand.

Ikenna

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by fyneboi79(m): 1:18pm On Feb 19, 2013
[quote author=Ikenna351]

What the Hell is that suppose to mean "driving with pleasure and suffering in pleasure"? And what the Hell does "..at least one day u will drive such cars too and feel the difference" means? So you mean I couldn't afford a newer car which was why I bought the 505 V6? Do you even know how much I bought that 505 V6? Do you know what it took me to find that car? Does it look like a Nigerian used car? Hmm! For your information, that 505 V6 cost me more than 800k to purchase.

Do you have any idea how many newer cars I have driven, used or handled, which I could afford before I own that 505 V6? And even when I bought my 2nd car, a newer car to the 505 v6, 605 v6, I still went ahead, sold it and kept back the 505 v6. In as much the 605 V6 was newer to 505 V6, it was in no way a match to the driving pleasure I derive from my 505 V6. Not even close!

Next time, don't talk nonsense because you think you know something you are not sure of. A car expert advice indeed! Very annoying. angryhey men,slow down!!come on I was just trying τ̲̅ȍ save a situation between two lion owners never judging any one.But now I know and declare ‎​dat Ikenna is officially a wack job road side mechanic who tinks he knows more than d car makers !!
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by fyneboi79(m): 1:22pm On Feb 19, 2013
@ ikenna ,exactly what Į̸̸̨ƭ means! And if you don't like Į̸̸̨ƭ then go smash Ɣ☺ΰя big head against a wall!Nonsense!!! Who r ‎u τ̲̅ȍ talk τ̲̅ȍ people like ‎​dat?!
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by wisesystem: 4:50pm On Feb 19, 2013
fyneboi79: @ ikenna ,exactly what Į̸̸̨ƭ means! And if you don't like Į̸̸̨ƭ then go smash Ɣ☺ΰя big head against a wall!Nonsense!!! Who r ‎u τ̲̅ȍ talk τ̲̅ȍ people like ‎​dat?!

Guys lets not derail the reason for this thread please, av Learned so much from the very informed submissions of fellow Lion lovers on this thread and am disgusted its getting to this... Was surprised when Nony30 made his comment, writing off the 04s & 05s designed by legendary Pininfarina, the Italian car design gurus... but for crying-out-loud dats his candid view borne from his own window of car experience and no harm was intended though die-hard Lion lovers like me wished he didnt ... at least not on this thread, but its still a free society we live in so what-the-heck?

@Fynboi: has it really gotten to that level...?
@ Ikenna: av always enjoyed ur very informative contributions on this thread, I give it to u dat ur love for the lion brand is rock solid, but man u need to understand that not every lion lover sees things from d exact same window as you so please always make provisions for that. All the same your ma hero on this thread man!
@ ALL: PLEASE LETS GET BACK TO THE LION TALK & STOP FLIPPING OUR LIDS...

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by kadbus: 12:06pm On Feb 20, 2013
pls i need solutions to my 406 that is consuming a lot of fuel pls

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by kadbus: 5:19pm On Feb 20, 2013
hello house,

Is there anyone in the house that help me? My mechanic told me that the reason why my 406 is consuming alot of fuel is with the brain box.

Plllllllllllllllllllllllllsssssssssssssssssss help me
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 6:12pm On Feb 20, 2013
kadbus: hello house,

Is there anyone in the house that help me? My mechanic told me that the reason why my 406 is consuming alot of fuel is with the brain box.

Plllllllllllllllllllllllllsssssssssssssssssss help me

Lol! Don't get frustrated. We are here to help.

Tell that clown not to touch that ECU. You Lion is simply suffering an injection issue. It has nothing to do with the engine ECU. The ECU works with signals it receives from various EFI sensors or components. Every command it sends to the injectors is dependent on what it receives from those sensors. So the culprit is not the ECU, but with the EFI sensors or components.

A lot of EFI components, when faulty, will give you this nightmare you are going through. Lol! Don't mind me! It could the a clogged supply and return fuel line, failed FPR (Fuel Pressure Regulator), MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor), o2 (Oxygen sensor), Coolant Temperature Sensor (CTS), IAT (Intake Air Temperature sensor),leaky vacuum lines, dirty air filter, failing fuel pump, etc. Some claimed bad Catalytic converter would cause excessive fueling. But I do not know, because my lion runs without it perfectly well. But I do know that if I become a 406 owner tomorrow and the Caty fails, I wont hesitate to remove it, without bothering to replace it with another. That's me anyway. Also, some claimed that EGR Valve( Exhaust Gas Recirculation valve) would give you such issues as well when they fail. But I have read so many posts on other Peugeot forums on how they disconnected the EGR valve on their newer Peugeots and have been running fine, better than when the EGR valves where connected. So, in this case, I wont know since I haven't tried it.

I would manually troubleshoot and fix it, if it was my car. But since you are not DIY fellow yet, I would advice you scan it, to know which of the sensor(s) causing this issue with the car.

Do you stay in Abuja? If you do, you can bring it to my house, so that I can scan it for you with Diagbox.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 6:23pm On Feb 20, 2013
@ Kadbus,

I forgot to ask. Does it emit black smoke from the exhaust pipe? I just want to know how bad is the rich running, incase what the car is suffering from is an abuse.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by kadbus: 10:47am On Feb 21, 2013
No it does not emit black smoke from the back, also i am not in Abuja. I am in Lagos. i noticed that my engine speed indicator(rpm) was on 2 instead of 1 or 0.

I hope that is not the cause of excess fuel consumption.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 11:08am On Feb 21, 2013
kadbus: No it does not emit black smoke from the back, also i am not in Abuja. I am in Lagos

Did you remove the cooling system thermostat? Does the radiator fan spin constantly? Do you use coolant or water in the cooling system? Did you change your tyres to non factory size?

By the way, is it D8 or D9? Is it showing check engine light while engine is running? If its D9, does it show Anti-pollution warning light on the multi- function display screen?

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by kadbus: 11:34am On Feb 21, 2013
Yes cooling system thermostat was removed, i use water, i did not change my tyres to non factory size and its showing check engine light while engine is running
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 11:51am On Feb 21, 2013
kadbus: Yes cooling system thermostat was removed, i use water, i did not change my tyres to non factory size and its showing check engine light while engine is running

In that case, you have a lot issues to deal with.

First, run a scan, since you are having check engine light on the instrument cluster. Then, get a new thermostat of that your and put it back. Flush out that water via the cooling system flush plug on the engine block and refill with coolant. I dont know about your engine, but i use only TOTAL coolant which is green in colour. Its already premixed, so dont mix it with water.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by kadbus: 12:00pm On Feb 21, 2013
Thank you very much.

I was told that we dont need the themostat here in nigeria because of our weather, is this true?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by abdulkadir(m): 1:55pm On Feb 21, 2013
kadbus: Thank you very much.

I was told that we dont need the themostat here in nigeria because of our weather, is this true?
not true. Pugs are used in hotter location like egypt,libya,niger (@least dis are african countries) and they dont remove dre thermostats. Dre is a thread on dis section on dis issue.
And dont forget to bleed(let out d air) after replacing ur coolant if ur engine is an xu10 cos u didnt answer if its a D9 or D8.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by wisesystem: 2:04pm On Feb 21, 2013
kadbus: Thank you very much.

Thats bin the general belief around for some time, but its been said a lot of times on this thread that thats a dangerous practice, limits normal operating temperature for ur engine & causes all kinds of problems including high fuel consumption, engine sludge and much more u ll surely get to be be told by d gurus on this thread...
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by kadbus: 2:06pm On Feb 21, 2013
I wrote to inform that my engine is a D8
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 2:40pm On Feb 21, 2013
kadbus: I wrote to inform that my engine is a D8

Lol! @ D8.

D8 is the pre- facelifted 406 ('95 - '98 model), while D9 is the facelifted 406 ('99 - 2004 model). I think you need to go back and start reading from the 1st page of this thread. If you had done that, you would have learnt this before now and so much more.

D8 comes with various XU series petrol I4 engines. XU10 is the most common one in them. We have XU 7 and others too, which are less than 2.0 L. Some D9 petrol I4 also have XU10, but more of EW series.

Can you take and attach here the picture of your engine bay?

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by kadbus: 3:18pm On Feb 21, 2013
ok
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by kadbus: 3:30pm On Feb 21, 2013
here is my engine spec 2.0L (135bhp) - XU10J4R - RFV

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 8:24pm On Feb 27, 2013
Muoweta: Ikenna: thanks I got ur explantion, the car actually lacks a tachometer. As regards checking d oil pump viability I'l give that a shot. I really apprecite ur response

You have not updated us on the oil warning light issue. Has it been resolved?

If not, i hope you use the correct and original Puflux oil filter during your last oil change? Because, if not, it will reduce the oil flow/pressure.

But if all the test check out ok, you may have to replace the oil pump. Replacing the XN1 oil pump is an easy job.

We are still expecting your update.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 8:32pm On Feb 27, 2013
karaye: @ikenna,pls my 406 2001 back doors are locked.have try my best to open but couldn't .so I can't take any one @ back now.pls I urgently need your assistance on how to open it.thank you as I wait your response.

How far with the rear door issue? Sorted out? I believe others would like to know, incase one experience a similar issue like yours.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 8:33pm On Feb 27, 2013
wellscon: Hi Ikenna.

My 307 steering just became heavy this morning as if driving a trailer.I observed a leakage on the floor of the oil.What could have cause this leakage?

Update? How did it go?

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 8:38pm On Feb 27, 2013
Kingsley adima: Hi ikenna,
Tanx 4 ur good work here.
I have a 406 with XU10 engine. I did my oil change recently with total quartz 7000. My mechanic is now insisting dat I should not have used de 7000, dat its too light/thin for my engine. He is saying I should use quartz 5000 instead sinsce its ticker. I don't understand his point since I have read de post u did about de types of oil.
Der was a day I started my car and it made a strange noise in de top section of de engine for about 3minutes immediatly after starting $ dat was de only day it made dat noise. He was der when dat happened and said its because I used de wrong oil(quartz 7000) and I should change to 5000.
What do u advise? De car has a mileage of over 200,000km but de engine is still very sound. He said if I travel with it $ de engine gets hot de oil won't withstand de heat since its light/thin.
Pls wats de right oil or thing to be done in dis case??
Thanks

Any update?

Are you getting that noise after a cold start or first start every morning? Has it been sorted?

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 8:56pm On Feb 27, 2013
kadbus: No it does not emit black smoke from the back, also i am not in Abuja. I am in Lagos. i noticed that my engine speed indicator(rpm) was on 2 instead of 1 or 0.

I hope that is not the cause of excess fuel consumption.

I read your post again and noticed something i didnt see before.

You said about your tachometer. Do you mean your tachometer needle rest at 2000 rpm while engine is idling? Or that when the engine is off, the needle rest at 2000 rpm and doesnt drop below that? Or do you mean the engine doesnt rev beyond 2000 rpm?

Can you point out any of the 3 above as what you meant? Or has the car issues sorted out?

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:02pm On Feb 27, 2013
Please guys, i think its ok for us to be updating or sharing with the house how we eventually sort out issues with our Lions, so that others can learn from there. Thats how we learn how to deal with issues as they come up, from others experiences and how they resolve them.

Ikenna

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (100) (Reply)

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.