Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,693 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! - Car Talk (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! (386013 Views)

Peugeot Cars Ownership: The Misleading Idea: Location, Cost Of Parts, Etc. / Are There No Auto Peugeot Cars? / American Spec Cars With HEADLAMPS Always On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:21pm On Aug 28, 2013
Fifty-Fifty:
Hi Oga IK. Abeg help me check ds VIN:

VF38B3FZF81218044

Thanks in anticipation.

Find details below:

1. Vehicle family: 406 (Restyling/D9), 4 Door Saloon.

2. Warranty start date: 30/11/2000.

3. BER: e2*98/14*0089*00.

4. Driving Position: Left Hand Drive.

5. Engine: EW12 J4, 2.2 L, 16 valve, 170 hp.

6. Transmission : 5-speed manual gearbox (BVM5).

7. Paint type: Metallic Paintwork.

8. Interior trim type: Leather.

9. Catalytic Converter: 3 parts catalyst.

10. Fuel supply cut-off: With.

11. Fan: 1 fan 350 W.

12. Wheel style: Ouragan Alloy wheel.

13. Tyre (size,type): 205/55 R16 W tyre.

14. Clutch: Hydraulic clutch.

15. ABS: With.

16. Steering : Unvariable Power Steering.

17. Brake type: Ventilated front discs/rear discs.

18. Suspension: Normal suspension.

19. Dynamic Stability Control System : Without ESP.

20. Exhaust tailpipe trim: With Exhaust outlet embellisher.

21. Windscreen wiper: With rain sensor.

22. Mudguard: Without.

23. Front Fog lights: With.

24. Spare Wheel: Alloy wheel + standard tyre.

25. Sun roof: Without.

26. A/C: With.

27. Radio controls: Remote Radio control without CD function.

28. Rear CD changer: Without.

29. Front seats control: Manual control.

30. Front Seats Armrest: Fitted with Armrest.

31. Airbags: With.

32. Cruise control: Without speed control.

33. Daylight Running Lights: With.

Etc.

Ikenna.

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by FiftyFifty(m): 3:26am On Aug 29, 2013
Wow! Oga IK u na don check am sharply sharply? Thanks o Bro! Abeg I want to acquire ds machine, any more advice especially on d engine type? 170hp? Really? The car looks good on ground. If I eventually go for it what are d preventive maintenance dt u a always preach about? Thanks once again!
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by davonny: 8:29am On Aug 29, 2013
Hello mr IK and other lion lovers in d house.
I have peu 406 EW10 engine. The display unit in d front always show that my back door, driver side is not closed even after iv locked it and I cannot lock all d 4 doors when d ignition is on. When d ignition is off, they will lock but the moment I turn on d ignition light all the 4 doors will open.
Pls can anybody help.
Thanks
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:35am On Aug 29, 2013
Fifty-Fifty:
Wow! Oga IK u na don check am sharply sharply? Thanks o Bro! Abeg I want to acquire ds machine, any more advice especially on d engine type? 170hp? Really? The car looks good on ground. If I eventually go for it what are d preventive maintenance dt u a always preach about? Thanks once again!

If you like and want to go for the lion, then you must be ready to buy a spare Motorised Throttle Body as spare. Brand new one cost 50k here in Abuja. The unite tends to fail after some thousands of km. Since you do not know if the previous owner has replaced the one on the engine, get a spare one and always keep it in your boot whenever you want to travel with the vehicle. If it decides to fail on the journey, in the middle of nowhere, then you can easily replace it by yourself or any mechanic around, since its a simple fix. Trust me, you won't find that part in every part of the country. It's the only EW series in D9 that have Motorised Throttle body. The others (EW7 & EW10) have conventional mechanical Throttle body controlled by throttle cable via throttle pedal, unlike the Motorised unit control by the engine ECU via a throttle sensor controlled by a throttle cable. Note that a failed Motorised unit will go into Limp mode. But with PP2000, you will be alerted when the unit starts failing gradually.

EW12 has Euro IV emission programming. Meaning, it's programmed to go into limp home mode if the downstream sensor signals to engine ECU that your Catalytic converter is faulty. To prevent that, always buy good fuel. Make sure you use unleaded fuel. Car-doctor has enlightened us how to identify leaded from lead-free/unleaded fuel with colours. Red coloured fuel is leaded fuel, stay away. Lead fuel will kill your caty. Also, lead fuel will kill your upstream sensor (o2 sensor) faster and cause raw fuel to flood the caty and kill it faster. Be careful where you buy your fuel. Don't buy because the pump is good, buy for quality. I think the D8s don't have this issues since they have Euro III emission control, especially the ES9J4.

Timing belt renewal? We have treated this severally.

Finally, get diagbox or PP2000. It's a must tool.

Above are the Preventative Maintenance tips for EW12 in D9. To enjoy that 170 hp, it comes with a price. But it's not a big deal.

Ikenna.

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:41am On Aug 29, 2013
davonny: Hello mr IK and other lion lovers in d house.
I have peu 406 EW10 engine. The display unit in d front always show that my back door, driver side is not closed even after iv locked it and I cannot lock all d 4 doors when d ignition is on. When d ignition is off, they will lock but the moment I turn on d ignition light all the 4 doors will open.
Pls can anybody help.
Thanks

It appears your BSI unit software has been corrupted. Did you at any point disconnected the battery terminals without following the procedure? Did anyone played with the electrics that caused spark?

Anyway, try the BSI reset first and let's see what happens. It has been treated here.

You need to be careful with that car. Your BSI unit is there to protect your car from being stolen. Don't mess with it.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by davonny: 7:57pm On Aug 29, 2013
Thankks mr IK for the quick response. The BSI has been reset and all procedures duely followed but to no avail. Can it be that d engine in that particuler door is not sending signal to d BSI. How will d BSI reset work when it senses that this particular door is constantly opened. Am confused, pls help me.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:17pm On Aug 29, 2013
Your BSI unit controls all the electronics, switches and all ECUs in that car, includinding the engine ECU. The BSI unit is the brain of that car. It's even more important than your engine ECU.

I hope no one has slammed that your rear left door so hard to cause this? 406 doors were not designed to be slammed. Doing so could even immobilized the car. Always tell your passengers before the close the doors. They are not so 504s that can take such harsh use. Even the slamming of 504 doors is what kills their door catchers.

The fault or the cause of the problem will be stored in your BSI. Scanning the car with PP2000 will show you the culprit or cause of the problem and how to rectify it. Am not sure universal scanners can scan the BSI unit.

Or, you can try another reset method. Disconnet the two battery terminals, following the procedure. Then join the two battery cable connectors together (please, not the the 2 battery terminals o!). Lock the 2 together for hours. You can join themselves together this night and leave it till tomorrow morning and disengage them when you wake up. When this is done, it will reset the engine ECU to default. I want to believe it could reset the BSI unit to default too. Remember, the 2 battery connectors must be touching each others off the battery. They should be touching each other, not on the battery please. Tie them together with something. In fact, bring out the battery from the engine bay while doing this to be on the safe side. You can leave the battery in the boot. Give us update in the morning.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:25pm On Aug 29, 2013
Ikenna351: Your BSI unit controls all the electronics, switches and all ECUs in that car, includinding the engine ECU. The BSI unit is the brain of that car. It's even more important than your engine ECU.

I hope no one has slammed that your rear left door so hard to cause this? 406 doors were not designed to be slammed. Doing so could even immobilized the car. Always tell your passengers before the close the doors. They are not so 504s that can take such harsh use. Even the slamming of 504 doors is what kills their door catchers.

The fault or the cause of the problem will be stored in your BSI. Scanning the car with PP2000 will show you the culprit or cause of the problem and how to rectify it. Am not sure universal scanners can scan the BSI unit.

Or, you can try another reset method. Disconnet the two battery terminals, following the procedure. Then join the two battery cable connectors together (please, not the the 2 battery terminals o!). Lock the 2 together for hours. You can join themselves together this night and leave it till tomorrow morning and disengage them when you wake up. When this is done, it will reset the engine ECU to default. I want to believe it could reset the BSI unit to default too. Remember, the 2 battery connectors must be touching each others off the battery. They should be touching each other, not on the battery please. Tie them together with something. In fact, bring out the battery from the engine bay while doing this to be on the safe side. You can leave the battery in the boot. Give us update in the morning.

Ikenna

i hate the BSI unit simple problems will need resetting
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by davonny: 2:17pm On Aug 30, 2013
Thanks mr ik, for the response. I will do as uv said and give u reply tomorrow.
Thanks.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:28pm On Aug 30, 2013
davonny: Thanks mr ik, for the response. I will do as uv said and give u reply tomorrow.
Thanks.

Ok.

Note that your key remote may stop working after the BSI reset. If it does, you will need to reprogram it. If you don't know how to do it, let us know, I will guide you on how to do it here. It's simple as ABC.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by davonny: 8:34am On Aug 31, 2013
Good morning house. Good morning mr IK. I did as u told me to do yesterday night. I left d battery in the boot and this morning after reconnection of d battery wires to d battery terminals I found out that nothing has changed instead the battery light in d dash board and d windows control bottons light on d 2doors came up even when the ignition key was stil in my pocket.
D rear door on d driver side stil shows open light, fuel guage ligt came on, speedometer not working, the STOP ligth came up, d fuel tank cover( when opened) light also came up and many more.
Iv sent d picture of d dash board to ur email. I'm very sure there is a way out of all these.
Thanks, I'm expecting ur reply.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 8:57am On Aug 31, 2013
davonny: Good morning house. Good morning mr IK. I did as u told me to do yesterday night. I left d battery in the boot and this morning after reconnection of d battery wires to d battery terminals I found out that nothing has changed instead the battery light in d dash board and d windows control bottons light on d 2doors came up even when the ignition key was stil in my pocket.
D rear door on d driver side stil shows open light, fuel guage ligt came on, speedometer not working, the STOP ligth came up, d fuel tank cover( when opened) light also came up and many more.
Iv sent d picture of d dash board to ur email. I'm very sure there is a way out of all these.
Thanks, I'm expecting ur reply.

Na wa o! Something is definitely wrong with your BSI.

Now, let's start from the Genesis. At what point did that rear door issue started ? Something must have gone wrong. Did you do any electrical work on the car before noticed that issue?

Before we go further, check all the fuses, both the fuse box under the steering wheel and the fuse box (BSM) in the engine bay, very close to the battery.

And please house, try and get this Diagbox if you have not gotten one. If he had diagbox, this issue would have been sorted long ago. At least, we now have PP2000 that can be installed on Windows 7, which works very well. If you really really want to run your Peugeot with rest of mind, get Diagbox.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by davonny: 9:45am On Aug 31, 2013
Mr IK, are you saying the only way out is to scan the car?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:01am On Aug 31, 2013
davonny: Mr IK, are you saying the only way out is to scan the car?

PP2000 would have showed you the cause of your rear door issue. So, in your case, scanning the car with PP2000 is the best approach to solving this problem.

Now, as for those lights that came up this morning, i would suggest you do the BSI reset again.

How i wished you had a Diagbox. Or is there anyone that have it around your area?

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:13am On Aug 31, 2013
@davonny,

Have you checked all the fuses?

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:50am On Aug 31, 2013
@ davonny,

Please, you still haven't answered the questions i asked.

Meanwhile, open the rear door giving you that issue (keep the other 3 doors closed). Switch on the ignition, get a screwdriver, find the door latch/catcher on the door and push in the lock pin with it. Check the multifunction screen, the door sign should go off, including the inner lights and those lights on the doors. If the lights remain on, with the screen showing the door still open, then there is a disconnection between the door latch and the BSI. Whatever your findings are, will take it from there.

I hope you know what the door latch is? Mail me your phone number.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by davonny: 1:27pm On Aug 31, 2013
@ikenna351
I'm sorry for replying late. I just got tired and went back to bed. It was when I woke that I got ur message. As for d door, iv done exactly as u said. D multifunction did not respond to d catcher in and out as if there is a disconnection between d door and d BSI.
I bougth d 406(PAN) in fairly used(registered) condition. sincerely it was only fuel guage light and d door light in multifuntion screen that was constantly on.
Other lights in dashboard with wiper not packing well came up latter( not this morning) but I was only concerned about d door because I could not locked all d doors while driving. D momemt i lock d driver side door, every other ones will unlock at d same time.
I remember that it was when my fuel guage was being worked upon that I noticed other light came up.
This is my experience, I want to solve these problems because I love this car, it very strong and can move very well. Thanks.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by davonny: 4:52pm On Aug 31, 2013
@ ikenna351
A friend of my has OBD2,model 2013 scanner. Can this do the job?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 6:17pm On Aug 31, 2013
davonny: @ ikenna351
A friend of my has OBD2,model 2013 scanner. Can this do the job?

Am not sure it can. Universal scanners can only scan your engine ECU and probably the transmission ECU, but am not sure of BSI unit.

Note that your car has not less than 6 ECUs, including the BSI unit. Only the PP2000 can scan all those ECUs and tell you if there is any fault stored in any of them, what the faults are and how to fix them.

Also, note that universal ECU cannot read all the faults in the Engine ECU. There are some hidden faults that will not trigger on the Check engine light. Such faults/error codes can't be be seen by the universal scanners, but the PP2000 can. In fact, PP2000 can detect when a timing is off, camshaft out of poaition or timing belt change not properly done, which could make the timing belt to break and will not trigger on the CEL, but PP2000 will see the codes. They are specific Peugeot error codes, which other scanners wont see and define.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by davonny: 9:20pm On Sep 01, 2013
Thanks mr IK. I will try OBD11 and tell u my findings
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by karaye: 12:44am On Sep 03, 2013
@ikenna
Am frustrated that my 406 car is showin break light even if its off I always remove battery,went to mech they check fuses but d moment am back it continues.my fuel guage shows full always even if its empty,they loose tank check its ok,so they remove the lube in d dash board to change but all d ones are showin like my own,my mileage is now showin 000000,handbreak light showin even if its down and make noise,computer trip shows breakfliud level low despite that I guage it many times,my car doesn't off even if I remove the key until I remove my legs.pls I seriously need ur assistance as am frustrated.thank you[b][/b]
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by afortress(m): 12:59am On Sep 03, 2013
I am thinking of buying 406 as my first car... what are the expensive parts and most common faults one can get ready for and how much does maintenance drain the owner.... a.fortress@ovi.com
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 6:22am On Sep 03, 2013
karaye: @ikenna
Am frustrated that my 406 car is showin break light even if its off I always remove battery,went to mech they check fuses but d moment am back it continues.my fuel guage shows full always even if its empty,they loose tank check its ok,so they remove the lube in d dash board to change but all d ones are showin like my own,my mileage is now showin 000000,handbreak light showin even if its down and make noise,computer trip shows breakfliud level low despite that I guage it many times,my car doesn't off even if I remove the key until I remove my legs.pls I seriously need ur assistance as am frustrated.thank you[b][/b]

D8 or D9?

If it's D9, then someone must have done something wrong on the electrics of the car that have corrupted the BSI.

Scan the car with PP2000.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by davonny: 6:51am On Sep 03, 2013
Good morning MR IK. Pls how do I get PP2000 and how much is it.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by karaye: 10:00am On Sep 03, 2013
Ikenna351:

D8 or D9?

If it's D9, then someone must have done something wrong on the electrics of the car that have corrupted the BSI.

Scan the car with PP2000.

Ikenna.

Its 406 2001 model,whta is D9?.thank you
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 11:03am On Sep 03, 2013
davonny: Good morning MR IK. Pls how do I get PP2000 and how much is it.

Contact me off forum. Details in my signature.

Or find the seller here: https://www.nairaland.com/931712/peugeot-owners-program-new-keys

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 11:10am On Sep 03, 2013
karaye:

Its 406 2001 model,whta is D9?.thank you

D9 is 406 produced from 1999 - 2008. It's also known as phase II or face-lifted 406.

It's the one Nigerians call Prestige, even though the Prestige is one of the Nigerian or PAN 406 badge.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by bomb: 12:46pm On Sep 03, 2013
He wants to buy an accidented Peugeot 607. Its damages to the front include radiator, condenser, compressor, etc in the front. Two front air bags. Advises pls
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by beoceo: 8:12am On Sep 04, 2013
Please I need an expert mechanic on 406 in lagos, the engine of the car sounds like one of the plugs is not functional but I was told the engine needs fine tuning to run normal
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:43am On Sep 04, 2013
beoceo: Please I need an expert mechanic on 406 in lagos, the engine of the car sounds like one of the plugs is not functional but I was told the engine needs fine tuning to run normal

I would you scan the car instead. There are other sensors/components that can cause rough idling and mis-firing too. Don't waste your money replacing what doesn't need to be replaced.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by beoceo: 8:26pm On Sep 04, 2013
Pls check vin VF38BRHZE81152633

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (100) (Reply)

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.