Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,790 members, 7,820,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! - Car Talk (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! (386024 Views)

Peugeot Cars Ownership: The Misleading Idea: Location, Cost Of Parts, Etc. / Are There No Auto Peugeot Cars? / American Spec Cars With HEADLAMPS Always On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by wisesystem: 11:33am On Aug 02, 2013
eamodu: Good day house,oga ikenna.pls av not had time 2 follow up on d trend.but I av an issue with my lion.1st it was anti pollution faults,nw it brings out black smoke.ma mechanic says I need to change ma engine,n dts d final answer if I want 2 njoy d ride.pls is he right?พαт can I do 2 salavge d situation?Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥kƨ̇ n God bless.will be expecting 2 hear from you sir

My dear Brother, as Ikenna said simply go and scan your lion it would pin point the issue and save you needless expenses. Recently solved a misfiring issue in my car by changing the lower lamba O2 sensor, but before the scan I was thinking the problem was caused by bad plugs or a bad fuel pump(some road side gurus thought so too and insisted I service my 'Injector noozles' for starters). Its been two days now and no such issue has reoccurred, but before then my car misfired hourly. Finally, like Ikenna has said before, owning a PP2000 is a Must for all lion owners. Am seriously planning on getting one myself. Wish you the best Man.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by eamodu(m): 9:08am On Aug 03, 2013
wisesystem:

My dear Brother, as Ikenna said simply go and scan your lion it would pin point the issue and save you needless expenses. Recently solved a misfiring issue in my car by changing the lower lamba O2 sensor, but before the scan I was thinking the problem was caused by bad plugs or a bad fuel pump(some road side gurus thought so too and insisted I service my 'Injector noozles' for starters). Its been two days now and no such issue has reoccurred, but before then my car misfired hourly. Finally, like Ikenna has said before, owning a PP2000 is a Must for all lion owners. Am seriously planning on getting one myself. Wish you the best Man.

Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥kƨ̇ so much 2 υ 2.I will go 4 d scan den.but can I easily get d PP2000 scanner?I wil Ĺɪ̣̝̇KÊ 2 buy,so I wil Ĺɪ̣̝̇KÊ 2 know cost and where 2 buy.Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥kƨ̇ sirs
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by bigx(m): 9:30am On Aug 03, 2013
eamodu:

Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥kƨ̇ so much 2 υ 2.I will go 4 d scan den.but can I easily get d PP2000 scanner?I wil Ĺɪ̣̝̇KÊ 2 buy,so I wil Ĺɪ̣̝̇KÊ 2 know cost and where 2 buy.Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥kƨ̇ sirs

Hi, check my signature/profile
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by wisesystem: 10:21am On Aug 03, 2013
eamodu:

Am planning on getting one via BIGX, can see his contacted you though so ride on...
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by wisesystem: 7:15am On Aug 05, 2013
Hope we all had a pleasant weekend. I did.
Its been about 5days now since I reported some issues my car was having(misfiring and engine stalling), ended up running a global scan on my lion using my Mech's PP2000 which revealed as it did the last time I scanned that my lion's lower lamba O2SENSOR was faulty. I had always thought that the only effect a bad o2sensor had to do with increased fuel consumption and so even when I agreed to get a new O2SENSOR courtesy of the scan result,I still wasnt convinced I would be seeing the end of the engine misfire and stalling soon. Well, we changed the lower lamba O2sensor and that was the end of the problem!! Still wielding in disbelief, I went online to learn more about SYMPTOMS OF A FAILED O2SENSOR and was amazed at the things a faulty O2sensor can accomplish: Engine Missing; Engine Pinging; Rough Idle; Increased Fuel Emissions.

My experience also taught me the usefulness of scanning a car for issues, most road side mechs know little about the effect of little parts like sensors on a car, most of them wanted to either 'service the car nozzle' or check the fuel pump. Thanks to the pp2000 the changing of a lowly sensor did the magic! So once again and like Ikenna would say a pp2000 is a must have for all lion owners. My story ends.

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:25am On Aug 07, 2013
House,

I have a brand new MAXXIS tyre i want to dash out. Its 195/65 R15 91H. I had a blowout in one of my trips to East with my 505 V6 and looked for a replacement in Enugu. I couldnt find 195/60 R15, so i bought the above at Coal Camp Enugu. But it messed up the handling, which i observed on my way back to Abuja. Note that the other 3 wheels have 195/60 R15 (Factory size). I got to Abuja, bought and replace it with the factory size: 195/60 R15. Since then, it has been in my house, forgotten that i have it.

So, you if you really need it, i mean, really need to replace your worn out tyre which is 195/65 R15, then contact me off the forum so that i tell you when and where to come and pick the tyre. But i will need to see and be convinced that you really need the tyre on your car and not to pick it and sell. Because i also know i can resale, but decided to do give it out instead.

I also want to encourage us to do more of this among ourselves.

Will post this in the main board too.

Note that its for those that stay in Abuja.

Ikenna.

2 Likes

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by kadbus: 12:54pm On Aug 07, 2013
hello house,
I scanned my Fox and got a faulty pre-02 sensor. The bad o2 sensor part no is 1628 7r and i got 0258006027 in the market. Can i change it to 0258006027 or wait till i get 1628 7r?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 1:18pm On Aug 07, 2013
kadbus: hello house,
I scanned my Fox and got a faulty pre-02 sensor. The bad o2 sensor part no is 1628 7r and i got 0258006027 in the market. Can i change it to 0258006027 or wait till i get 1628 7r?

1628 is the Peugeot Part number. I only saw one o2 sensor with that part number at Gudu market. Its difficult to find.

You can replace it with any Universal Bosch o2 sensor (4 wires: 2 whites, 1 grey & 1 black wires). Even the one you removed is Bosch as well, i believe. Only that they produced them for Peugeot and stamped Peugeot part number on it.

By pre-o2, i believe you mean the upstream sensor. It should have green connector, not blue. The blue connector o2 is the downstream sensor, one after the caty. Just make sure you put exactly Bosch o2 sensor with the same coloured connector.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by kadbus: 2:05pm On Aug 07, 2013
Ikenna351:

1628 is the Peugeot Part number. I only saw one o2 sensor with that part number at Gudu market. Its difficult to find.

You can replace it with any Universal Bosch o2 sensor (4 wires: 2 whites, 1 grey & 1 black wires). Even the one you removed is Bosch as well, i believe. Only that they produced them for Peugeot and stamped Peugeot part number on it.

By pre-o2, i believe you mean the upstream sensor. It should have green connector, not blue. The blue connector o2 is the downstream sensor, one after the caty. Just make sure you put exactly Bosch o2 sensor with the same coloured connector.

Ikenna

Thank You very Much Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by camaro(m): 6:05pm On Aug 10, 2013
Ikenna, pls tell me how I can take care of this issue. My 307 manual trans. I dont actually the year. The clutch plate was replaced for the first time since the car was bought and it refused to start.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by camaro(m): 6:06pm On Aug 10, 2013
Ikenna, pls tell me how I can take care of this issue. My 307 manual trans. I dont actually the year. The clutch plate was replaced for the first time since the car was bought and it refused to start.

U can as well send the reply to my mail box so that I will receive it faster including ur mobile number. Thanks
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 7:23pm On Aug 10, 2013
camaro: Ikenna, pls tell me how I can take care of this issue. My 307 manual trans. I dont actually the year. The clutch plate was replaced for the first time since the car was bought and it refused to start.

U can as well send the reply to my mail box so that I will receive it faster including ur mobile number. Thanks

Clutch plate is pure mechanical and its not even part of the engine. So if the engine refused to start after replacing the plate, then the mechanic must have done something terrible on the electrics while on the job.

Hope your car has not been immobilized? Did you follow battery disconnection procedure? If not, you may have corrupted the BSI.

Well, as it is now, i cant tell from here whats stopping the car from starting since i dont know what they did on the electrics while separating the engine from the gearbox.

Does the car have fuel pump safety switch in the engine bay? Hope no one pressed it while they were in the engine bay?

They should check to be sure every connector has been connected.

Maybe scanning the car may tell you what is wrong. But whatever the problem is, it was created during the clutch plate replacement. There is little i can do from here since am not there where the car is.

My email address and phone number is on my signature.

Ikenna

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by FiftyFifty(m): 4:57am On Aug 11, 2013
Hello house, thanks for d gud job u ar doing. I‘ll soon take delivery of my 406 with EW 10 engine after following ds thread for quite some time. I therefore want to be guided on what to do/ change as soon as I take delivery of my “baby“. I hav ds idea dt things like tyre, battery, engine oil, among others must be changed. I need ur guidance. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by yanmata(m): 9:46am On Aug 11, 2013
Fifty-Fifty:
Hello house, thanks for d gud job u ar doing. I‘ll soon take delivery of my 406 with EW 10 engine after following ds thread for quite some time. I therefore want to be guided on what to do/ change as soon as I take delivery of my “baby“. I hav ds idea dt things like tyre, battery, engine oil, among others must be changed. I need ur guidance. Thanks in anticipation.

dont forget to change the timing belt in addition never attempt to wash engine bay with water without covering some vital area of the electricals.

Welcome on board.

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by FiftyFifty(m): 12:03pm On Aug 11, 2013
@yanmata: many thanks Sir. Any other thing again, house, oga IK?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 1:37pm On Aug 11, 2013
Fifty-Fifty:
@yanmata: many thanks Sir. Any other thing again, house, oga IK?

I would suggest you make out time and go through the thread, from the page 1. Everything you need to know on how to own a modern Peugeot as long as it takes are all there, including the answers to your questions. D9 is not some Toyota you can abuse anyhow electrically, otherwise you will regret the day you bought her, just like most Euro cars: complex electrics but pleasurable to drive, as long as the electrics are not abused.

As for your battery, yes, it will die soon. They all do that. The time they spent while been b
sold, shipped, cleared, and sold again is enough to weaken the battery cells which will make them die sooner than you expect. If you can afford it, replace it. If you cant, wait till it start showing sign of weakness and then replace. They usually come with 45 Ah. But 62 - 75 Ah will do too.

Hoe are you sure the engine is EW10? Is it because it looks like one or you confirmed it with VIN or where it is engraved on the cylinder head? There is nothing wrong with EW7, but EW10 and EW7 look alike. Just saying.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Dulone12: 7:06am On Aug 16, 2013
Please I will like to know the difference between the EW10 and EW7 engine
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 7:32am On Aug 16, 2013
Dulone12: Please I will like to know the difference between the EW10 and EW7 engine

EW7: 1.8 L, 16v, 117 hp.

EW10: 2.0 L, 16v, 138 & 145 hp.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by olamega(m): 9:42am On Aug 20, 2013
@ Ikenna , please can you direct me to a Good Peugeot Mechanic in Abuja, I want some issues resolved in my 607, 2009 model. thanks.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:46am On Aug 20, 2013
olamega: @ Ikenna , please can you direct me to a Good Peugeot Mechanic in Abuja, I want some issues resolved in my 607, 2009 model. thanks.

What are the issues?

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by olamega(m): 9:19pm On Aug 20, 2013
Thanks for your prompt response, these are the issues:
1. The dashboard OBD is showing "Engine antipollution defective". sometimes when this happens repeatedly, the car will start moving slower and vibrating, instead of revving and moving forward.
2. The car remote stopped working and I've seen three different auto electricians to no avail.
3. The CD player stopped working too.
4. I want to fix the rear stabilizer linkage.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:50pm On Aug 20, 2013
olamega: Thanks for your prompt response, these are the issues:
1. The dashboard OBD is showing "Engine antipollution defective". sometimes when this happens repeatedly, the car will start moving slower and vibrating, instead of revving and moving forward.
2. The car remote stopped working and I've seen three different auto electricians to no avail.
3. The CD player stopped working too.
4. I want to fix the rear stabilizer linkage.

You have mail.

By the way, whats the engine in that car? Petrol or Diesel? I4 or V6?

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by roosebolton: 8:23am On Aug 21, 2013
Hi guys.. I have always been a fan of Peugeot cars since the good old days of the 504.. now am about to get my first car and being a lover of hatchbacks the 307 is one of the cars am currently considering. However most people I spoke with said the car has lots of electrical and gear issues, also people have complained about the high cost of maintenance and spare parts, can anyone who has used the Peugeot 307 share with me their experience with the car with particular regards to..

Common issues,
Cost of Maintenance,
Cost of spare part.

simply put, is the Peugeot 307 a good car to own in Nigeria?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by bigx(m): 8:52am On Aug 21, 2013
The car isnt Bad,
It was actually my favorite car for so many yeras,
Electrical Issues come up when quacks handle it or you are not careful with the electronics and do Bypasses and all,
The Gear issues, Get a manual, transmission, my gear never gave me 1 issue in over 3 years.
Peugeot gear issues are always with automatic.

Spare parts, they arent that expensive to say the truth, there is a slight mark-up definitely but not as Bad as the stories we hear.

Maintenance Cost? Well treated you only service the car once a while and follow the recommended maintenance schedule so that's the same as other cars.
roosebolton: Hi guys.. I have always been a fan of Peugeot cars since the good old days of the 504.. now am about to get my first car and being a lover of hatchbacks the 307 is one of the cars am currently considering. However most people I spoke with said the car has lots of electrical and gear issues, also people have complained about the high cost of maintenance and spare parts, can anyone who has used the Peugeot 307 share with me their experience with the car with particular regards to..

Common issues,
Cost of Maintenance,
Cost of spare part.

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by tdie: 8:59am On Aug 21, 2013
roosebolton: Hi guys.. I have always been a fan of Peugeot cars since the good old days of the 504.. now am about to get my first car and being a lover of hatchbacks the 307 is one of the cars am currently considering. However most people I spoke with said the car has lots of electrical and gear issues, also people have complained about the high cost of maintenance and spare parts, can anyone who has used the Peugeot 307 share with me their experience with the car with particular regards to..

Common issues,
Cost of Maintenance,
Cost of spare part.

I own a Pug 307 Sports hatch and IMO it is a good car to own in Nigeria if you have a good maintenance culture. Electrical issues on Pugs are mostly as a result of unprofessional tinkering by our dear rewires. However some of the more recognized 'electrical issues' are- turn signal stalk acts up sometimes, electric mirror and sunroof can be quite moody-but nothing major. Rear brake light bulbs have a tendency to blow out often.

Mine is an EW10 (common 406 Engine)automatic transmission and while people say the AL4 transmission is problematic, I am yet to experience any problems. Of course I only use original parts for my car and had to source the original ATF from the UK at about 25k for 12L, but then 12L of ATF should cover at least 60,000 Miles or so (the box capacity is about 6L so I have enough fluid for 2 service intervals) .

One major thing to do if you're getting a Pug is to buy a PP2000 Scanner, Peugeots can throw up sensor codes relatively often, but the good news is that most of those issues can be rectified by simple using contact cleaner on the sensor 'sockets'/Plugs. Unfortunately the only way to find out which sensor seems to be faulty is by a diagnostic scan and it costs anything from 3-5k per scan. Scantool costs about 30k.

Aesthetics is lovely, Handling is superb and its a quite roomy car with a high roof line-almost like a MPV. Interior trim is nice.

If you're not the kind of person to be able to take on some DIY activities like getting a scantool and scanning by yourself, or ensuring that only the original ATF etc are used and only qualified/experienced auto technicians work on it, then I must warn you that Peugeots can be quite non-forgiving and can rack up quite an expensive repair bill.

I think bigx owns the manual tranny 307 and he might be able to throw more light on the manual tranny version.

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by roosebolton: 10:28am On Aug 21, 2013
bigx: The car isnt Bad,
It was actually my favorite car for so many yeras,
Electrical Issues come up when quacks handle it or you are not careful with the electronics and do Bypasses and all,
The Gear issues, Get a manual, transmission, my gear never gave me 1 issue in over 3 years.
Peugeot gear issues are always with automatic.

Spare parts, they arent that expensive to say the truth, there is a slight mark-up definitely but not as Bad as the stories we hear.

Maintenance Cost? Well treated you only service the car once a while and follow the recommended maintenance schedule so that's the same as other cars.

I own a Pug 307 Sports hatch and IMO it is a good car to own in Nigeria if you have a good maintenance culture. Electrical issues on Pugs are mostly as a result of unprofessional tinkering by our dear rewires. However some of the more recognized 'electrical issues' are- turn signal stalk acts up sometimes, electric mirror and sunroof can be quite moody-but nothing major. Rear brake light bulbs have a tendency to blow out often.

Mine is an EW10 (common 406 Engine)automatic transmission and while people say the AL4 transmission is problematic, I am yet to experience any problems. Of course I only use original parts for my car and had to source the original ATF from the UK at about 25k for 12L, but then 12L of ATF should cover at least 60,000 Miles or so (the box capacity is about 6L so I have enough fluid for 2 service intervals) .

One major thing to do if you're getting a Pug is to buy a PP2000 Scanner, Peugeots can throw up sensor codes relatively often, but the good news is that most of those issues can be rectified by simple using contact cleaner on the sensor 'sockets'/Plugs. Unfortunately the only way to find out which sensor seems to be faulty is by a diagnostic scan and it costs anything from 3-5k per scan. Scantool costs about 30k.

Aesthetics is lovely, Handling is superb and its a quite roomy car with a high roof line-almost like a MPV. Interior trim is nice.

If you're not the kind of person to be able to take on some DIY activities like getting a scantool and scanning by yourself, or ensuring that only the original ATF etc are used and only qualified/experienced auto technicians work on it, then I must warn you that Peugeots can be quite non-forgiving and can rack up quite an expensive repair bill.

I think bigx owns the manual tranny 307 and he might be able to throw more light on the manual tranny version.

I can not thank you guys enough for such a detailed and educative post. It will help me in making an informed decision about the car.

I just need to ask one last question. Anyone knows or can recommend a good Peugeot repair center or mechanic in abuja?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 11:01am On Aug 21, 2013
roosebolton:

I can not thank you guys enough for such a detailed and educative post. It will help me in making an informed decision about the car.

I just need to ask one last question. Anyone knows or can recommend a good Peugeot repair center or mechanic in abuja?

Well, we have ASD Motors at Garki, Area 10 and Okocha Motors at Garki II. Both are Peugeot dealerships, if you can afford them. I think there are other Peugoet dealerships in Abuja, aside those 2. But they are the ones i have been to. Not just been to, often visit for sales/OEM parts.

But if you cant afford them, then get yourself Diagbox. Even if you are not good with spanners, knowing what is wrong with your Lion and the cause is enough to run the car as long as you want. You can always take your lion to a road side mechanic and and point at him "remove this and put this".

Peugeots are increasing on Abuja road on daily basis, including the brand new 408, 508, 3008 & 4008. In fact, in Abuja, the 408 & 508 have become official cars for Fed. govt officials, Political appointees, Top military & para-miltary staffs, etc. So have nothing to worry about and cross that bridge. Worse case, carry am come my side. Hehe!

Now, which engine and transmission are interested in? Would suggest you go for 307 with EW10 engine, if you can find one. Though, there is nothing wrong with the others.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by tdie: 11:02am On Aug 21, 2013
roosebolton:

Ikenna would be the person to talk to..., He is based in Abuja and owns 2 Pugs.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by roosebolton: 4:09pm On Aug 21, 2013
Ikenna351:

Well, we have ASD Motors at Garki, Area 10 and Okocha Motors at Garki II. Both are Peugeot dealerships, if you can afford them. I think there are other Peugoet dealerships in Abuja, aside those 2. But they are the ones i have been to. Not just been to, often visit for sales/OEM parts.

But if you cant afford them, then get yourself Diagbox. Even if you are not good with spanners, knowing what is wrong with your Lion and the cause is enough to run the car as long as you want. You can always take your lion to a road side mechanic and and point at him "remove this and put this".

Peugeots are increasing on Abuja road on daily basis, including the brand new 408, 508, 3008 & 4008. In fact, in Abuja, the 408 & 508 have become official cars for Fed. govt officials, Political appointees, Top military & para-miltary staffs, etc. So have nothing to worry about and cross that bridge. Worse case, carry am come my side. Hehe!

Now, which engine and transmission are interested in? Would suggest you go for 307 with EW10 engine, if you can find one. Though, there is nothing wrong with the others.

Ikenna

I am actually looking to getting one from abroad.. I found a fairly used one from a German fairly used site http://suchen.mobile.de/auto-inserat/peugeot-307-90-grand-filou-cool-langenberg/183253572.html?lang=en&pageNumber=1&__lp=11&scopeId=C&sortOption.sortBy=searchNetGrossPrice&makeModelVariant1.makeId=19300&makeModelVariant1.modelId=12&makeModelVariant1.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant2.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant3.searchInFreetext=false&fuels=PETROL&minFirstRegistrationDate=2006-01-01&ambitCountry=DE&export=ALSO_EXPORT&doorCount=FOUR_OR_FIVE
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 12:34am On Aug 22, 2013
@ roosebolton,

The car looks ok, but i couldnt find the VIN to check the car speccs out for you or confirm what the seller claims. Can you contact the seller and get the VIN?

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by roosebolton: 8:33am On Aug 22, 2013
Ikenna351: @ roosebolton,

The car looks ok, but i couldnt find the VIN to check the car speccs out for you or confirm what the seller claims. Can you contact the seller and get the VIN?

Ikenna.
Thanks alot bro, I will do just that.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by FiftyFifty(m): 9:08pm On Aug 28, 2013
Hi Oga IK. Abeg help me check ds VIN:

VF38B3FZF81218044

Thanks in anticipation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (100) (Reply)

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.