Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,863 members, 7,824,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! - Car Talk (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! (386353 Views)

Peugeot Cars Ownership: The Misleading Idea: Location, Cost Of Parts, Etc. / Are There No Auto Peugeot Cars? / American Spec Cars With HEADLAMPS Always On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by king406(m): 10:58pm On Feb 11, 2015
hello house
i have a little problem with my peugeot 207. it started today after closing for the day, when driving home from work everything was normal until i got home and switched off the car, then i noticed that my window wasnt totally up so i went back into the car and switched on the car again. immediately the car came on the centre screen displayed a fault "stop! engine oil pressure too low". i checked the oil and everything seemed ok, checked under the car to find any leakages but didnt find any.
the scenerio now is that when i fire up the car to about 1500rpm all the warning lights go off and as soon as the rpm drops they come back again. so i decided to drive the car again, it moved normally and the warning lights went off even when the rpm is below 1000. but when i switched off the car and on again the same issue continued. pls what might be the problem house?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by king406(m): 11:02pm On Feb 11, 2015
warning

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by king406(m): 11:19pm On Feb 11, 2015

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:11am On Feb 12, 2015
king406:
hello house
i have a little problem with my peugeot 207. it started today after closing for the day, when driving home from work everything was normal until i got home and switched off the car, then i noticed that my window wasnt totally up so i went back into the car and switched on the car again. immediately the car came on the centre screen displayed a fault "stop! engine oil pressure too low". i checked the oil and everything seemed ok, checked under the car to find any leakages but didnt find any.
the scenerio now is that when i fire up the car to about 1500rpm all the warning lights go off and as soon as the rpm drops they come back again. so i decided to drive the car again, it moved normally and the warning lights went off even when the rpm is below 1000. but when i switched off the car and on again the same issue continued. pls what might be the problem house?

Whats the history? Did you do any oil change work recently? If any, are you confident the oil filter was original? Have you plugged in PP2000 to know the state of oil level sensor and oil temperaure sensor?

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by king406(m): 11:24am On Feb 12, 2015
Ikenna351:

Whats the history? Did you do any oil change work recently? If any, are you confident the oil filter was original? Have you plugged in PP2000 to know the state of oil level sensor and oil temperaure sensor?

Ikenna
no i havent changed the oil, the last time i serviced the car was like 2months ago and the oil is still good. i dont have pp2000. i use the usual filter suggested by peugeot, i service at total filling stations
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Folajay22(m): 5:03pm On Feb 14, 2015
Hello house...Ikenna please help me identify this 406 wit VIN VF38BLFYE80232883 ..thanks.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Folajay22(m): 9:03am On Feb 15, 2015
bigx:

Visit http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ddb/ for your peugeot manuals. Select English, Select Car Model and select the Car Year. Hope that helps

Thanks so much for this..however..those that have checked would notice the manuals do not extend as far back as the 97 models for the 406..
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by solekdy: 3:41am On Feb 16, 2015
Im planning buying a Peugeot 307car. I need advice pls. Is it cheap or costly to maintain in Nigeria? Are d spare parts readily available? Wat specific problem does Peugeot manifest? Wat abt d price range, thanks.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 8:34am On Feb 16, 2015
solekdy:
Im planning buying a Peugeot 307car. I need advice pls. Is it cheap or costly to maintain in Nigeria? Are d spare parts readily available? Wat specific problem does Peugeot manifest? Wat abt d price range, thanks.

Good morning.

You have all your questions already answered in a DVD. I would suggest you get the DVD. https://www.nairaland.com/1942595/dvd-how-prevent-breakdown-expensive

As for availability of parts, PAN produced 307 as well, so parts are very much available.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Schwarzenegger: 3:27pm On Feb 27, 2015
What is happening on the peugeot post. All lion users are quite.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Folajay22(m): 9:22pm On Feb 27, 2015
[color=#006600]house..please..to ask..to those who have the pp2000..do u guys know if it now works on windows softwares higher than the XP?..can anyone confirm that..?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 5:12am On Feb 28, 2015
Folajay22:
[color=#006600]house..please..to ask..to those who have the pp2000..do u guys know if it now works on windows softwares higher than the XP?..can anyone confirm that..?

Yes, but it depends on version of software like v7.02, etc. Such newer versions can be installed on windows 7. But gathered it doesn't work on all systems.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Folajay22(m): 7:52am On Feb 28, 2015
Ikenna351:

Yes, but it depends on version of software like v7.02, etc. Such newer versions can be installed on windows 7. But gathered it doesn't work on all systems.

Ikenna

Alryt..thanks..that still some good news..would try to confirm what systems it doesn't work on..
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 1:04pm On Feb 28, 2015
Schwarzenegger:
What is happening on the peugeot post. All lion users are quite.

That's because we enjoy ourselves more in WhatsApp Lions community. We are about 140 lions and lionesses in the WhatsApp Den, pushing to 200.

Ikenna

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nobody: 1:08pm On Feb 28, 2015
Ikenna351:

That's because we enjoy ourselves more in WhatsApp Lions community. We are about 140 lions and lionesses in the WhatsApp Den, pushing to 200.

Ikenna
ikenna pls add me on the whatsapp chat 08164510654
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 2:38pm On Feb 28, 2015
Danielstainz:
ikenna pls add me on the whatsapp chat 08164510654

Note that if I would add you, you would have to give your real name. We don't entertain anonymous members. Because we all know ourselves by true names. Its a community, a family and a Den.

Most importantly, we discuss PSA (Peugeot & Citroën) only. Other brands discussions is not allowed. No bashing or negative preaching of Lion brand, otherwise, you will immediately be removed. Its a community, a Den of lion lovers and friends, and not haters. That's why we meet once every month to eat, drink, laugh and roar together. Abuja members (Lions and Lionesses) are meeting this evening for this month get-together.

Send me a WhatsApp message, indicating your name and that you want to be added to the group. My phone number is 08052811236.

Life is good, if you let it come to you.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Schwarzenegger: 8:59am On Mar 02, 2015
Ikenna351:

Ikenna

I will join soonest. Thanks.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nobody: 1:48am On Mar 08, 2015
Ikenna351:

Its a service light, to let you know when to do a major service.

To cut it short, below is how to reset the service light:

Switch off the ignition switch. Look for a button on instrument panel written '000'. Press and hold the button down. Switch on the ignition with the button pressed down. You will see on that mileage screen "-10". Keep holding that button down. The -10 will start counting down till it reaches 00. Now you can release the '000' button. Switch off the ignition. After 5 seconds, switch it back on. It will show you a small spanner sign with the next due service km and goes away. The spanner sign will remain off with ignition on and engine running till the next 20,000 km or 40k, depending on how they programmed the instrument panel.

Ikenna

Ooooh! Thanks so much..... I will go and try it.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nobody: 7:20pm On Mar 08, 2015
Ikenna351 :
Its a service light, to let you know when to do a major service.
To cut it short, below is how to reset the service light:
Switch off the ignition switch. Look for a button on instrument panel written '000'. Press and hold the button down. Switch on the
ignition with the button pressed down. You will see on that mileage screen "-10". Keep holding that button down. The -10 will start
counting down till it reaches 00. Now you can release the '000' button. Switch off the ignition. After 5 seconds, switch it back on. It
will show you a small spanner sign with the next due service km and goes away. The spanner sign will remain off with ignition on
and engine running till the next 20,000 km or 40k, depending on how they programmed the instrument panel.
Ikenna

Tesiday:

Ooooh! Thanks so much..... I will go and try it.

I couldnt find any button marked 000 on the instrument. All I could find is that which is similar to what is used to set time. Are you refering to this?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nobody: 7:31pm On Mar 08, 2015
Ikenna, pls dont forget that its Lion 206 and manual drive, bought it brand new and its still having about 85 percent of its original value, reliability and charm.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nobody: 7:32pm On Mar 08, 2015
Pls paste the Lion whatsapp number, I want to join as well. cos I am already addicted to Lion.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 8:03pm On Mar 08, 2015
Tesiday:
Pls paste the Lion whatsapp number, I want to join as well. cos I am already addicted to Lion.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nobody: 6:47am On Mar 10, 2015
GodsSon5:

Ikenna has been very helpful to me, he assisted me in purchasing a 406 prestige and also to check and make sure it has no faults, right now am using and touring it round Nigeria...Only GOD will reward ♈ōϋ cos he did all this without any charges what so ever it was even in his car we went around to purvhase the car...#GodblessyouIKENNA

Hello Ikenna, pls am considering buying a black mild tinted semi military grade lion 406 prestige. It's going to be my first car. I love pugs and I live in lagos, pls what do u think? I am more of performance and maintenance over consumption per mileage kind of guy.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nobody: 6:55am On Mar 10, 2015
Hello Lions and Lionesss pls$.. have anyone been able to get wicked custom parts for their pugs.. cos if I am to keep a ride for so long.. a little spice and tweak would keep the charm alive.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 11:44pm On Mar 11, 2015
iykrichie:

Hello Ikenna, pls am considering buying a black mild tinted semi military grade lion 406 prestige. It's going to be my first car. I love pugs and I live in lagos, pls what do u think? I am more of performance and maintenance over consumption per mileage kind of guy.

You have joined the WhatsApp Lions community. So we are already handling your case there. Thank you.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by slinkky(m): 7:57pm On Mar 12, 2015
Good evening mr Ikenna, my peugeout 307 was miss firing, the idle was rough and i experience loss of power. The mechanic told me it was fuel pump, after changing the fuel pump, the problem worsened. The miss firing increased the rough idling continued, the loss of power continued. When i started the car this morning everything seems fine, it was accelerating very well, the rough idling was bearly noticeable, but after going for like 5 kilometers it start to lose power and after going for another 15km the car stopped. After 5 minutes i was able to start the car but it begin to loss power again after like 500 meters.
When i called a mechanic to check he said its best to scan it. After scanning he said the there is loss of compression on cylinder 1 and 3 , and the only solution is to change the engine.
please is that the only solution for the said problem.
Thanks
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:54pm On Mar 12, 2015
slinkky:
Good evening mr Ikenna, my peugeout 307 was miss firing, the idle was rough and i experience loss of power. The mechanic told me it was fuel pump, after changing the fuel pump, the problem worsened. The miss firing increased the rough idling continued, the loss of power continued. When i started the car this morning everything seems fine, it was accelerating very well, the rough idling was bearly noticeable, but after going for like 5 kilometers it start to lose power and after going for another 15km the car stopped. After 5 minutes i was able to start the car but it begin to loss power again after like 500 meters.
When i called a mechanic to check he said its best to scan it. After scanning he said the there is loss of compression on cylinder 1 and 3 , and the only solution is to change the engine.
please is that the only solution for the said problem.
Thanks

The symptoms sounded like low fuel pressure. I would test the fuel pressure with fuel pressure gauge/tester, if I were you.

Notwithstanding, what scan tool did he use? PP2000? It its not PP2000, I would suggest you find someone that has one.

I would suggest next time someone scans your lion, insist on getting the error codes from the person or the scan tool screen. The definition the scan tool gives is not as important as the error codes it gives. For example,some PP2000 error code definitions differ from the generic scanners error code definitions. But the error codes would be the same. You can always research on the code to understand the general meaning better.

Yes, a scan, a proper scan is needed in your Lion, likewise, a fuel pressure test with right tool.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by slinkky(m): 11:19pm On Mar 12, 2015
Ikenna351:

The symptoms sounded like low fuel pressure. I would test the fuel pressure with fuel pressure gauge/tester, if I were you.

Notwithstanding, what scan tool did he use? PP2000? It its not PP2000, I would suggest you find someone that has one.

I would suggest next time someone scans your lion, insist on getting the error codes from the person or the scan tool screen. The definition the scan tool gives is not as important as the error codes it gives. For example,some PP2000 error code definitions differ from the generic scanners error code definitions. But the error codes would be the same. You can always research on the code to understand the general meaning better.

Yes, a scan, a proper scan is needed in your Lion, likewise, a fuel pressure test with right tool.

Ikenna
The scanner used was pp20000
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 6:26am On Mar 13, 2015
slinkky:
The scanner used was pp20000

Then, find another person that knows how to use PP2000 and scan the car again, because the first guy didn't do it right. Or go back to him/her, call me and i will direct you how to scan with PP2000 to get both definitions and code. You really need to see what is stored in that engine ECU, rather than beating about the bush.

I still would suggest a fuel pressure test. Where do you stay? Lagos? If you stay in Lagos, contact Gazzuz to properly diagnose that Lion.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by slinkky(m): 8:48am On Mar 13, 2015
Ikenna351:

Then, find another person that knows how to use PP2000 and scan the car again, because the first guy didn't do it right. Or go back to him/her, call me and i will direct you how to scan with PP2000 to get both definitions and code. You really need to see what is stored in that engine ECU, rather than beating about the bush.

I still would suggest a fuel pressure test. Where do you stay? Lagos? If you stay in Lagos, contact Gazzuz to properly diagnose that Lion.

Ikenna
I stay in Yola, i will look for someone else to do the scanning and will contact you for further direction when i find one. Thanks
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 4:05pm On Mar 13, 2015
slinkky:
I stay in Yola, i will look for someone else to do the scanning and will contact you for further direction when i find one. Thanks

Ok.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nobody: 6:14pm On Mar 13, 2015
Ikenna351:

Tokunbo Z9 cost over 2m.

Send the VIN to confirm to you if actually is Z9.

Ikenna
bro, u didnt update us on ur 607 as u promised.

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (100) (Reply)

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.