Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,619 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! - Car Talk (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! (385850 Views)

Peugeot Cars Ownership: The Misleading Idea: Location, Cost Of Parts, Etc. / Are There No Auto Peugeot Cars? / American Spec Cars With HEADLAMPS Always On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 11:53pm On Jul 19, 2015
chyka2011:
Hello Ikenna, what may be the cause of vibration whenever I am driving off in gear 1. The car is 2008 peugeot 307.

How many engine mount does the car have (307)

Vibration at take off in manual tranny Lion is usually caused by failing clutch pressure plate or flywheel.

Your 307 has 3 engine mounts. 2 mounts at auxiliary belt side (upper and lower), and 1 at gearbox side.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by gabng(m): 4:51am On Jul 20, 2015
Ikenna351:

Whichever your heart feels comfortable with, go for it.

Ikenna
Ah Ikenna
You didn't help me tackle my questions on the DPF issues on the 407 HDI's.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by EagleScribes: 6:36am On Jul 22, 2015
Ikenna351 great job you are doing here. Please can you connect me to any peugeot service station in Lagos?

Pls it's urgent.

I just came across this thread after spending hundreds of thousands of naira on quack mechanics here. sad
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by karaye: 11:32am On Jul 22, 2015
@IKENNA, Pls were can I get peugeot 408 belgium and how much?. Thanks
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by oktawian(m): 12:31pm On Jul 22, 2015
What is your budget ? Automatic or manual ?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 7:02pm On Jul 22, 2015
karaye:
@IKENNA, Pls were can I get peugeot 408 belgium and how much?. Thanks

Peugeot 408 was specifically produced and targeted at Asian markets. Wouldn't know if any was sold in Europe, Australia and South America, aside Africa (and Middle East )

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 7:05pm On Jul 22, 2015
EagleScribes:
Ikenna351 great job you are doing here. Please can you connect me to any peugeot service station in Lagos?

Pls it's urgent.

I just came across this thread after spending hundreds of thousands of naira on quack mechanics here. sad

Lol!

You can contact GAZZUZZ, since he stays in Lagos. I stay in Abuja.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by EagleScribes: 8:11pm On Jul 22, 2015
Ikenna351:

Lol!

You can contact GAZZUZZ, since he stays in Lagos. I stay in Abuja.

Ikenna

Thanks bro.

Oya Gazzuzz please show yourself o. My condition has been transferred to you. Pls help my emergency situation.

Thanks
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:23am On Jul 23, 2015
EagleScribes:

Thanks bro.

Oya Gazzuzz please show yourself o. My condition has been transferred to you. Pls help my emergency situation.

Thanks

08023251039 08033910382.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by fanodun: 10:40am On Jul 28, 2015
Good morning Mr Ikenna.
Please i need your help...
My 407 lion last week started jerking furiously, and would refuse to accelerate while in hold-ups motion, but would become normal after i restart the engine ,these furious jerking and loss of acceleration stopped after we grinded the top cylinder,but the car still does hard starts,jerks mildly while am in hold ups and loses power intermittently while am driving below 30kph.
please help ..

Thanks
Fanodun
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 7:23pm On Jul 28, 2015
fanodun:
Good morning Mr Ikenna.
Please i need your help...
My 407 lion last week started jerking furiously, and would refuse to accelerate while in hold-ups motion, but would become normal after i restart the engine ,these furious jerking and loss of acceleration stopped after we grinded the top cylinder,but the car still does hard starts,jerks mildly while am in hold ups and loses power intermittently while am driving below 30kph.
please help ..

Thanks
Fanodun

I believe we have met already after this post?

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ziggyzito(m): 2:35am On Aug 01, 2015
Hey guys!! Mr Ikenna, I would love to know the possibility of changing the factory fitted cassette system that came with my 2003 406 prestige to a factory peugeot CD loader?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 3:47pm On Aug 01, 2015
Ziggyzito:
Hey guys!! Mr Ikenna, I would love to know the possibility of changing the factory fitted cassette system that came with my 2003 406 prestige to a factory peugeot CD loader?

Yes, its not a big deal. It's done easily. After you swap it in, it will start working immediately, but you need a PP2000 to programme it, otherwise it gives a beep sound anytime you switch on the head unit (radio), even though it will work.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ziggyzito(m): 7:49pm On Aug 01, 2015
Ikenna351:

Yes, its not a big deal. It's done easily. After you swap it in, it will start working immediately, but you need a PP2000 to programme it, otherwise it gives a beep sound anytime you switch on the head unit (radio), even though it will work.

Ikenna
thanks a lot! Where can I get one? And how much would it cost?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 4:56am On Aug 08, 2015
Ziggyzito:
thanks a lot! Where can I get one? And how much would it cost?

I know someone that sells it. Contact me off the forum to link you with the person.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Schwarzenegger: 8:42pm On Aug 08, 2015
Ikenna, pls how much is multi-function display screen, the type with remote button, not the type with two buttons. It comes in my 2003 406 wagon.
Thanks
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by gabng(m): 1:24am On Aug 09, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

08023251039 08033910382.

Does this apply to diesel peageout cars? Urgent response needed
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:40am On Aug 09, 2015
gabng:

Does this apply to diesel peageout cars? Urgent response needed

I'm really lost here.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by gabng(m): 1:29am On Aug 10, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

I'm really lost here.

I mean Peugeot diesel cars like the HDI engines on the 407.

Also is there any fuel efficient Peugeot 407 petrol with automatic transmission?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 6:25am On Aug 10, 2015
gabng:

I mean Peugeot diesel cars like the HDI engines on the 407.

Also is there any fuel efficient Peugeot 407 petrol with automatic transmission?

All Peugeot 407 are fuel efficient, irrespective of fuel type and transmission. It also depends on your definition of fuel efficiency and usage. Be it diesels/HDIs, EW7, EW10, EW12 or ES9A.

If you interested in Peugeot 407 auto transmission with petrol engine, go for One with EW12 engine or ES9A (V6) engine. The EW12 auto transmission will have ZF HP20 auto tyranny (4-speed), while one with ES engine will have AM6 (6-speed) auto tranny.

Good morning.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by gabng(m): 3:42pm On Aug 10, 2015
Ikenna351:

All Peugeot 407 are fuel efficient, irrespective of fuel type and transmission. It also depends on your definition of fuel efficiency and usage. Be it diesels/HDIs, EW7, EW10, EW12 or ES9A.

If you interested in Peugeot 407 auto transmission with petrol engine, go for One with EW12 engine or ES9A (V6) engine. The EW12 auto transmission will have ZF HP20 auto tyranny (4-speed), while one with ES engine will have AM6 (6-speed) auto tranny.

Good morning.

Ikenna

But from discussions here on nairaland it looks like the availability of parts for the EW12 is an issue. I am trying to avoid V6 since its not synonymous with fuel efficiency. Also whats your take/opinion on the ZF HP20 auto transmission reliability wise? Also whats the engine capacity for the EW12 407? 2.0 or 2.2 litre?

Thanks again for your help.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 4:16pm On Aug 10, 2015
gabng:

But from discussions here on nairaland it looks like the availability of parts for the EW12 is an issue. I am trying to avoid V6 since its not synonymous with fuel efficiency. Also whats your take/opinion on the ZF HP20 auto transmission reliability wise? Also whats the engine capacity for the EW12 407? 2.0 or 2.2 litre?

Thanks again for your help.

You have a choice to choose to learn from this thread about Peugeot or choose to misinformation from other sources. I wonder since when EW12 parts became hard to locate? What parts exactly? Engine monitoring sensors/components or the engine itself? If you really want to learn about these Lions, then go through all my posts and threads on Peugeot cars, both on Nairaland and other Peugeot forums.

HP20 is the same auto transmission mounted in 406 phase 1 (D8) V6 with auto transmissions. The recommended ATF is ESSO LT71141 or Mobil LT71141.

EW12 engine is the same in all Peugeot cars with EW12 engine and the cubic capacity is 2.2 litres.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by slinkky(m): 5:50pm On Aug 11, 2015
Please Ikenna351 what could be the cause of my peugeot 307 1.6 manual gear 1and 2 not engaging.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by fanex: 7:56am On Aug 14, 2015
there is a good chance the vibration isnt coming from the engine itself. have the engine running and examine the exhaust system right from the beginning to the end. i found out the cause of my rough idle was my exhaust pipe touching the and vibrating against the chassis in the mid section and this happened when the car scrapped the road. good luck. toyota camry
Ikenna351:

The symptoms sounded like low fuel pressure. I would test the fuel pressure with fuel pressure gauge/tester, if I were you.

Notwithstanding, what scan tool did he use? PP2000? It its not PP2000, I would suggest you find someone that has one.

I would suggest next time someone scans your lion, insist on getting the error codes from the person or the scan tool screen. The definition the scan tool gives is not as important as the error codes it gives. For example,some PP2000 error code definitions differ from the generic scanners error code definitions. But the error codes would be the same. You can always research on the code to understand the general meaning better.

Yes, a scan, a proper scan is needed in your Lion, likewise, a fuel pressure test with right tool.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by laudate: 12:12pm On Aug 14, 2015
Does anyone know if there are there any good grade-1 Tokunbo Peugeot SUV models for sale in Lagos?

Thanks.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 3:20pm On Aug 14, 2015
laudate:
Does anyone know if there are there any good grade-1 Tokunbo Peugeot SUV models for sale in Lagos?

Thanks.

You can look for Peugeot 4007. Its CUV though.

Ikenna

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 4:17pm On Aug 14, 2015
slinkky:
Please Ikenna351 what could be the cause of my peugeot 307 1.6 manual gear 1and 2 not engaging.

Check the gear selectors. If intact, then it could internal gearbox issue.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by MrPristine: 4:35pm On Aug 14, 2015
laudate:

Thanks.

You can search for it on www.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by slinkky(m): 7:21pm On Aug 14, 2015
Ikenna351:

Check the gear selectors. If intact, then it could internal gearbox issue.
Ikenna
ok thanks
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by weyreypey: 7:49pm On Aug 14, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

08023251039 08033910382.
Noted
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by laudate: 9:39pm On Aug 14, 2015
Ikenna351:

You can look for Peugeot 4007. Its CUV though.

Ikenna

Thanks. grin
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by laudate: 9:41pm On Aug 14, 2015
MrPristine:

You can search for it on www.

Thanks. I did that already, but couldn't find any available for sale. Will check other websites though. wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (100) (Reply)

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.