Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! - Car Talk (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! (385690 Views)

Peugeot Cars Ownership: The Misleading Idea: Location, Cost Of Parts, Etc. / Are There No Auto Peugeot Cars? / American Spec Cars With HEADLAMPS Always On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by wablet(m): 10:00am On Dec 27, 2012
I need a good auto-mechanic for my pug 607. I reside in Lagos but when I went to Automedic in Agidingbi, their hands were very tied and since I joined this forum I've been wary of the roadside 'destroyer' more so as they've spoilt two other cars for me(406 & ML320). Pls any good recommendation will be welcome. Thanks all.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 12:55am On Dec 28, 2012
Rudebwoy: @ Ikenna, what do u think of a 1998 V6 406, auto tranny? Is it durable?

The engine in the picture you posted is not ES9J4 in '98 or phase I 406. The engine in the picture is ES9J4S, a V6 engine in D9.

The V6 engine in '98 406 was also installed in '98 605 V6. The maximum hp is 190.

I will tell you more about the ES9J4 tomorrow. Am tired now, after driving from Abuja to Enugu today, and now in Anambra.

Will get back to you.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nobody: 5:04am On Dec 28, 2012
@ Ikenna pls can u in-box me ur numba, I want to call u before u go back, I am in Anambra.08099802156
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by karaye: 8:28pm On Dec 30, 2012
@ikenna, my peugeot 406 central lock is not lockin all 4 doors but lock the doors of a side.pls how can I cost me to repair.thanks
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by abdulkadir(m): 9:18pm On Dec 30, 2012
karaye: @ikenna, my peugeot 406 central lock is not lockin all 4 doors but lock the doors of a side.pls how can I cost me to repair.thanks

Your car's Body system interface is d issue, it controls d central locking system.
i think ikenna made a comment on this thread smetyms ago dat d BSI set is available at ASD motors for arnd 80k. anyways dats if urs is bad/ cant be fixed.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by wisesystem: 7:46am On Dec 31, 2012
Hi guys, am kinda new to Nairaland but ah must say its so informative. Am a peugeot lover, bin sticking wit the 504. About to lay d lion to rest though and of course my next car would be a Fox. @ Ikenna, my hat off for u man!!!!!
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by wewe1(m): 1:35pm On Jan 08, 2013
Here comes a new LION FOX Owner. Please welcome me to the Family. grin cool
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by tundesto(m): 3:48pm On Jan 08, 2013
We we you are welcome. I will soon join the group soon. Which one be Fox again grin? I need somebody to educate me.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:33pm On Jan 08, 2013
Find interesting topic below: 406 vs 407

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102041

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by wewe1(m): 3:57pm On Jan 10, 2013
tundesto: We we you are welcome. I will soon join the group soon. Which [size=8pt][/size]one be Fox again grin? I need somebody to educate me.

F〓Four 〓4
O〓Zero〓0
X〓Six. 〓6

Qed grin
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 5:02pm On Jan 10, 2013
we we:

F〓Four 〓4
O〓Zero〓0
X〓Six. 〓6

Qed grin

Funny enough, it really looks and acts like fox too.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by ziccoit: 5:48pm On Jan 10, 2013
Sorry I need the answer to this question, google did not help at all.

What is FOX and PEUGEOT?

How does FOX different from PEUGEOT?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by LeJeun3: 4:01pm On Jan 12, 2013
Well I drive my Mum's 505 when I travel home, does that count?

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by neutralist: 7:47am On Jan 13, 2013
What is limp mode pls??
Ikenna351:

Has it gone into Limp mode?

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 12:02pm On Jan 13, 2013
neutralist: What is limp mode pls??

When the auto trans ECU shuts the transmission down and stops the car from moving, to prevent severe damage to the transmission, when the ECU senses a failing auto trandmission component or sensors.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by ymb1(m): 2:32pm On Jan 14, 2013
Dear All,

I had an unusual experience yesterday 13.01.2013 with my 406 2000 2.0L (not ew10), manual trans on my way to Suleja. I was on 120 km/h when the car cut-off and every equip on the dashboard went to zero. I then freed the gear and allowed the car to roll for about a minute and restart the car again without parking off the road, the car starts and it has been running. Went to suleja and returned, did some running in the town to further test run.

The car starts normally this morning with no any fault message and I drove to work.

Please could this cut-off be signal to something I need to quickly check out Thanking you all in anticipation of your prompt response.

Regrads,
ymb1
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by bigx(m): 5:33pm On Jan 14, 2013
ymb1: Dear All,

I had an unusual experience yesterday 13.01.2013 with my 406 2000 2.0L (not ew10), manual trans on my way to Suleja. I was on 120 km/h when the car cut-off and every equip on the dashboard went to zero. I then freed the gear and allowed the car to roll for about a minute and restart the car again without parking off the road, the car starts and it has been running. Went to suleja and returned, did some running in the town to further test run.

The car starts normally this morning with no any fault message and I drove to work.

Please could this cut-off be signal to something I need to quickly check out Thanking you all in anticipation of your prompt response.

Regrads,
ymb1

It happens to me when my knee mistakenly hits the ignition
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by abdulkadir(m): 8:46pm On Jan 14, 2013
bigx:

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by abdulkadir(m): 8:50pm On Jan 14, 2013
bigx:

probably you hav a loose contact in your ignition.

is you battery coverd? If not it could be that you hit a bump or smething and the battery positve terminal came i contact with the body.
it could be sme other things which i dont know of.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by wisesystem: 7:05am On Jan 15, 2013
@ymb1
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by wisesystem: 7:13am On Jan 15, 2013
ymb1: Dear All,

Regrads,
ymb1

if i may, scan ur engine to be sure
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by ymb1(m): 8:20am On Jan 15, 2013
wisesystem:

if i may, scan ur engine to be sure

I thank you all for your contributions, pls do you know any good place for scanning pug in Abuja?

All the once I have seen don't have the real scanner customized for pug (PPP2000).

Thanks.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by bigx(m): 9:04am On Jan 15, 2013
ymb1:

I thank you all for your contributions, pls do you know any good place for scanning pug in Abuja?

All the once I have seen don't have the real scanner customized for pug (PPP2000).

Thanks.

ask ikenna grin
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by peace777: 1:48pm On Jan 15, 2013
i have a Peugeot 607 hdi 2003, it has a new engine but refuses to start, get fuel to the pump but nothing after that. i had it put on fault reader and came up with cam and crank sensor out of sync. does anyone know how to sort this out. i ive been stuck with the car stiiting at the garage for 3weeks.
Is there anybody out there that can help?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by peace777: 1:52pm On Jan 15, 2013
@wisesystem --- You can scanned at a Garage by zone 3 (08091110890)
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by peace777: 3:37pm On Jan 15, 2013
Ikenna,...and others i help ur help oh.

My Peugeot 607 is not starting.

i have a 607 hdi 2003, it has a new engine but refuses to start, get fuel to the pump but nothing after that. i had it put on fault reader and came up with cam and crank sensor out of sync. does anyone know how to sort this out. i ive been stuck with the car stiiting at the garage for 3weeks.
is thre anybody out there that can help?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 4:31pm On Jan 15, 2013
bigx:
ask ikenna grin

Unfortunately, i have not been able to install windows xp on my newly purchased windows 8 laptop. The person i gave it to partition the HDD and install the windows xp is not yet succesful, since last week.

So, please, does anyone know how to install windows xp on windows 8? I bought the diagbox & laptop since last month, December 2012, but yet to install the pp2000, since it runs only on windows xp, while my laptop came with windows 8 as default operating system. I gathered online that its possible to install windows xp on windows 8, using windows 8 Client Hyper-V. If you can do that for me, i will be scanning your Lion for free with pp2000 grin

Seriously, i need to start using the diagbox. Its killing me that i have it, yet cant use it.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 4:48pm On Jan 15, 2013
peace777: i have a Peugeot 607 hdi 2003, it has a new engine but refuses to start, get fuel to the pump but nothing after that. i had it put on fault reader and came up with cam and crank sensor out of sync. does anyone know how to sort this out. i ive been stuck with the car stiiting at the garage for 3weeks.
Is there anybody out there that can help?

This is what i have been saying. If you know you are not ready to learn how to fix a Diesel car yourself, dont bother buying one, because you got no one to repair the car for you when something goes wrong.

HDI has less electronics than petrol engine, hence, it gives less engine management issues. But the parts cost fortune, when eventually any engine component fails.

One thing a diesel engine hates is air in the fuel line/system. Once air gets trapped, the engine wont start. Even when it starts, will be giving you a lot of running issues. Your 607 HDI issue sounded like air in the fuel system, or maynot be. Have you tried to bleed the fuel system?

Unfortunately, i know little about HDIs.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by peace777: 9:53am On Jan 16, 2013
Ikenna351:

Unfortunately, i have not been able to install windows xp on my newly purchased windows 8 laptop. The person i gave it to partition the HDD and install the windows xp is not yet succesful, since last week.

So, please, does anyone know how to install windows xp on windows 8? I bought the diagbox & laptop since last month, December 2012, but yet to install the pp2000, since it runs only on windows xp, while my laptop came with windows 8 as default operating system. I gathered online that its possible to install windows xp on windows 8, using windows 8 Client Hyper-V. If you can do that for me, i will be scanning your Lion for free with pp2000 grin

Seriously, i need to start using the diagbox. Its killing me that i have it, yet cant use it.

You can installed Vmware on your windows 8.The Vmware allows you to installed other OS (say windows XP in case).I can do it.
Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:55am On Jan 16, 2013
@ peace777

Are you in Abuja?

Ikenna.

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by peace777: 9:55am On Jan 16, 2013
[quote author=peace777][/quote]

Vmware software allows you to installed other OS(operating system) on your machine.
I will be more thank willing to do it for you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (100) (Reply)

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.