Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,780 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Islam And "honour Killings" - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam And "honour Killings" (4004 Views)

I Honour My Word Above My Name / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by babs787(m): 5:24pm On Dec 15, 2007
@focused

@babs 787 :

Thank you brother. Yes we are all brothers, it is amazing how this religion is causing division amongst us, especially in our country Nigeria.

Yes brother, its the truth. It has caused and still causing division. It ought to have been creating unity but its creating dis-unity

If we all can take away religious differences, we can live in peace and love one another.

You are right brother especially extremists.

At least you read what Olabowale has written. I don't expect him to take what I posted so personal to the extent of insulting me in Yoruba.

Yes I did and that is why I am begging you to take it easy. We dont have to react to every posts. If you are trying to do that, you may be given the religion a bad impression in the sense that people may be thinking that the religion is not tolerant especially to those that do not believe in God.

It is not compulsory he has to respond to what I have written if he knows that he is going to insult me.

You are right brother. We are gunners for life and pls pray that we over-run that yeye chelsea tomorrow.

Am sorry for that.

One love
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by olabowale(m): 5:29pm On Dec 15, 2007
@Focused: Will you be willing to back up your bravado up in your home country, Nigeria?
I will pay for your round trip ticket, as early as you can be open for it! I will be ready to
meet you in your home town, whereever that may be in Nigeria. Okay in Yorubaland! Am
available to travel, as early as the hajii and the December holidays are over!

If you wanna stay in the hotel, and there is any in your hometown, tell me and InshaAllah
it will be taken care of. I want you to say what you said to my face. I am a slave of Allah and
you should have no problem confronting a slave, yes?

As long as we in Islam, will not rollover on your magic then we are uncouth.
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by Dreloaded(f): 5:32pm On Dec 15, 2007
Up Chelsea cheesy
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by babs787(m): 5:43pm On Dec 15, 2007
Up Chelsea

U go fall yakata tomorrow.

Gunners for life grin
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by olabowale(m): 6:02pm On Dec 15, 2007
@Focused: Read my responses to you emotional outburst which you could not control
as a man.
Hope you are a Yoruba man, because I am going to talk to you in
Yoruba. But if are some other tribe, you must get a Yoruba person, maybe one of
your fornication/adultery clique to tell you what I write.

Ti won ba so wipe e go wa lara eni yon; won ti ri omugo afi ti won ba rie! O ma go o!
Won ko e ni ile to ti jade ni? Wa soro bi wipe ko si lakaye lorie! Esin ti o ni igbe raga
lati fun Olorun ni eto Olorun ni iwo Omugo, omo lason yi nke ni esin esu? O ri imale
to gbe ere siwaju ri, to so wi pe Qu rani ati Sunno/Haditi gba oun laye fun iwa idoti
no ni? Oro oruun lo ma njade lenu iwo ani yon jaku jaku yi. Elu oyinbo gba gbogbo
nko! Sugbon ko ye ko gba iru iwo din din rin yi! To ba soro lati eni yi lo, mi o ni ka,
ni to ri wipe were alaso nie!

@Olabowale :

I wanted to ignore what you have written, but I have decided to give you exactly what you deserve.

maybe one of
your fornication/adultery clique to tell you what I write.

You are calling me fornicator or an adulterer, when you don't even know who I am. What are you ? a saint or a sleeper cell ? You are the greatest adulterer in this world. *****(For sure am not an adulterer. And not a sleeper cell either. Whatever you mean by that.

Ti won ba so wipe e go wa lara eni yon; won ti ri omugo afi ti won ba rie! O ma go o!

You are the most stupid person on earth, thanks to your satanic religion, that is why you cannot see what we have been saying. *****(Satan is far from true Muslims. We alway are conscious of his presence, so we ask for safety  in God from satan. What do you do? Courting him every which way you can?

Won ko e ni ile to ti jade ni?

I should be asking you the same question, because if you have a proper home training, you will never ever write such insulting and rubbish response. *****(Am a father already. My two sons are model Nigerian bloodlines in America. Alhamdulillah.

Wa soro bi wipe ko si lakaye lorie

Ko si ila kaye lori e ati awon family e (Again I am a head of a stable family of my own. so, there.

Esin ti o ni igbe raga
lati fun Olorun ni eto Olorun ni iwo Omugo, omo lason yi nke ni esin esu? O ri imale
to gbe ere siwaju ri, to so wi pe Qu rani ati Sunno/Haditi gba oun laye fun iwa idoti
no ni?  

You are the most stupid Idiot on earth. I wonder why you are not in Guatanamo bay. I should be asking you, how did you manage to sneak into US ? Did Osama Bin Laden ( your spiritual leader ) sneak you there ? I am not surprise, all muslims acts like psychotic donkeys. *****(I am just like Nwando. A lover not a fighter. See how you quickly generalised in your rage to score points! Calm down. I have already extended invitation to you to meet me in Nigeria. Only that I want you to know who you are addressing.

Oro oruun lo ma njade lenu iwo ani yon jaku jaku yi. Elu oyinbo gba gbogbo
nko! Sugbon ko ye ko gba iru iwo din din rin yi! To ba soro lati eni yi lo, mi o ni ka,
ni to ri wipe were alaso nie!

Oro osi lo ma nti enu nla e jade. I wonder how a potential terrorist like you is residing in US, why not go and live in Afghanistan or Pakistan, that is the best place that befits psychotic donkey like you. US is governed with Judeo Christianity values which you loathe, then what are you still doing there or how did you manage to sneak into US. *****(You ramble alot.  Alot of Americans will disagree with your Judoe Christian opinion. Have you heard of Masonic influence of the US founding fathers? I do not have to live in Pakistan or Afghanistan. I am a pure Nigerian, with full blown Yoruba blood in my veins.

Laye laye e, ma tun ka nkan ti mo ba ko. baba were. A ro lo ye ki won fi e si. Asiwin lola loye ki won so e. *****(So lets go to Abeokuta. Whenever you are ready. I just want you look me in the face and tell me what you have written down. I will let my wife even listen in on this. Then you will see how a loyal wife will react to your emptiness. You see, I have Allah the Almighty and I will like to proof His Might to you, in your own homeland!
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by Dreloaded(f): 7:16pm On Dec 15, 2007
Good job ignoring my questions olabowole, keep running your mouth with insults in Yoruba and dodging the real problem. Oniranu
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 15, 2007
D-reloaded ,your questions abi?

Why is it that honor killing still exists in Muslim nations or countries with a high population of Muslims.

D-reloaded

Sister, it’s a well-known fact that Islam maintains the protection of life and does not sanction any violation against it. In the Glorious Qur’an, Allah, Most High, says, “Whoso slayeth a believer of set purpose, his reward is Hell for ever. Allah is wroth against him and He hath cursed him and prepared for him an awful doom.” (An-Nisa’: 93)

“There is no such concept in Islam that is called “honor killing”. Islam holds every soul in high esteem and does not allow any transgression upon it. It does not allow people to take the law in their own hands and administer justice,

The so-called “honor killing” is based on ignorance and disregard of morals and laws, which cannot be abolished except by disciplinary punishments.

“In Islam, there is no place for unjustifiable killing. Even in case of capital punishment, only the government can apply the law through the judicial procedures. No one has the authority to execute the law other than the officers who are in charge.

Pls note the last paragraph.

On your second Question.
I don't really get it, can you please shed more light.
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by PTH(m): 8:53pm On Dec 15, 2007
mdsocks:

“There is no such concept in Islam that is called “honor killing”. Islam holds every soul in high esteem and does not allow any transgression upon it. It does not allow people to take the law in their own hands and administer justice,

Can you then explain why honor killings seem to be the exclusive preserve of muslims be they in Pakistan, England, Germany or Jordan?
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by Dreloaded(f): 8:57pm On Dec 15, 2007
Please don't tell me olabowale sent mdsocks to do his bidding. E ku se

mdsocks:

Sister, it’s a well-known fact that Islam maintains the protection of life and does not sanction any violation against it.[b]

Not really but I digress

Again, you havent explained why honor killings are more likely to take place in countries with higher population of Muslims. You'd think if Islam is so against it they too would be against such actions so again I'm confuzzled.
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by olabowale(m): 9:47pm On Dec 15, 2007
@D-reloaded: I will respond to your entry later. Sometimes tonite, I hope.
I will be very thorough.
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by olabowale(m): 9:58pm On Dec 15, 2007
@D_reloaded: Oniranu? Where did you find him? Se eni lo fi nta yin? You need to explain yourself!

Good job ignoring my questions olabowole, keep running your mouth with insults in Yoruba and dodging the real problem. Oniranu

My name is Olabowale. At least you could have been able to get that name, since you misfired on who you call Oniranu! I definitely
does not qualify as you are labelling me. Maybe you need to explain yourself. I am being a Yoruba gentleman now. E mi o mo ibi ti
oti oniranu e o. If you can not expalin yourself, then you need to retrack your statement!
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by Dreloaded(f): 10:00pm On Dec 15, 2007
wale. wole. same difference.

Maybe I called you an oniranu because instead of answering my question that HAS to do with the topic at hand, you rather ignore it and insult others with sermons in Yoruba?
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by olabowale(m): 10:32pm On Dec 15, 2007
@D-reloaded: Mo wa je egbe e ni? Wale and Wole are different! Further if you read before
you write, you will know that I am only responding to the one who wrote the Yoruba sermon!

Egbe isu ko ni Iyon. I could be on NLand, but that does not give you the audacity to call me
whatever comes to your mouth. Sometimes I am busy and I can't spent all day on NL. I have
responsibilities! Until I overstep my boundary with you, there is no reason for you to disrespect
me. Kelegbe me gbe.
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by PTH(m): 11:32pm On Dec 15, 2007
olabowale:

@D-reloaded: Mo wa je egbe e ni? Wale and Wole are different! Further if you read before
you write, you will know that I am only responding to the one who wrote the Yoruba sermon!

Egbe isu ko ni Iyon. I could be on NLand, but that does not give you the audacity to call me
whatever comes to your mouth. Sometimes I am busy and I can't spent all day on Nairaland. I have
responsibilities! Until I overstep my boundary with you, there is no reason for you to disrespect
me. Kelegbe me gbe.

alhaji make una no vex. grin Relax, i'm sure D-reloaded was just joking . . .
Take it easy sir, we disagree to agree.
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by Nobody: 1:11am On Dec 16, 2007
olabowale:

@Focused: Will you be willing to back up your bravado up in your home country, Nigeria?
I will pay for your round trip ticket, as early as you can be open for it! I will be ready to
meet you in your home town, whereever that may be in Nigeria. Okay in Yorubaland! Am

If you want to stay in the hotel, and there is any in your hometown, tell me and InshaAllah
it will be taken care of. I want you to say what you said to my face. I am a slave of Allah and

Olabowole,boy can you show off
how charming cheesy

focused,my advice,don't go.
unless you want to turn to inedible suya lipsrsealed
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by olabowale(m): 7:04am On Dec 16, 2007
@Nwando: Thanks for the lecture on the other thread, about NL entry methodology.

Wish you are here to teach me! lol. This statement will get those fibbled minds going
a thousand miles per nanosecond! I deliberately enter it to confuse them. Keep them
guessing!

Suya, you said? I do not know that Yoruba people are expert on Suya making or that
we eat humans! In either cases, am not a cook and Islam forbids me of some flesh.
I am sure human flesh is on that list! And the Yorubas and Islam do not recommend
your Honor killing.' a thread you struggled to engineer, in your quest to 'bring down'
Islam due to your hatred! Now, we can rest easy, since I had just subtly answered
your question in this entry.

Again, there is no Honor Killing in Islam. Just like there is no Gambling in Islam, yet a
good number of the wealthy Arabs spend sizeable fortunes in Monte Carlo, etc.

Just as there is no Zina in Islam, a good portion of the wealthy get involved in it! Just
as there is no alcoholic drinks in Islam, under normal circumstances, many still do it. Any
surprises? Not really. But says in the Glorious Qur'an that the Believers should save themselves
and their family from the fire of Hell, whose fuel will be Stone, Jinn and mankind! Nwando,
where do you fit in and what line are you on, Paradise with the Believing Muslims/Mumiinu
or Hellfire with the Disbelieving people, comprising all of the other religions? Think about it!
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by focused(m): 5:56pm On Dec 16, 2007
Will you be willing to back up your bravado up in your home country, Nigeria?

If you want to stay in the hotel, and there is any in your hometown, tell me and InshaAllah

@Olabowale :

You make me laugh  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin  grin grin grin grin grin grin.

Do you want to fight me ? If the answer is Yes, I will knock you down completely and there will be no teeth left in your mouth. I am not bragging. if you like go and bring the whole of shagamu people to come and join you, all of you will meet your waterloo. If you see me face to face, you dare not open your mouth out of fear. You cannot fight me man to man. I will defeat you. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Well If you are angry with what I have written, then I am sorry. You caused everything. How could you have written what you have written. I don't know you and you don't know me.  All the same you cannot stop me from speaking my mind about Islam.

You are challenging me to come to Nigeria and meet you and If I decide to come, what will you do ? Tell your wife to come and face me, if you do that I will beat both you and your poor wives ( ma lu e dada). You are just a toothless bull dog. I know you cannot do anything. There is no point involving your wife, let me and you face each other man to man, if you feel you have the strength. All the same,  I believe we can still meet for some sparing. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

All the same, lets bury this whole thing. There is no point , me and you pulling shoulders.
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by tomX1(m): 10:01am On Dec 17, 2007
You know what, at the hieght of the controversy sorrounding the formal declearation of Sharia Law in some Northern Nigerian State, a muslim cleric being interviewed on National Television in the breakfast segment was asked if it's true that young muslim females who choose to date or marry non-muslims will be executed.
His reply: No, we don't execute them. We simply encourage their family to kill them.
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 17, 2007
@ @tomX

and what verse did he quote to support his statement.

Cos, i have been reading all through the Quran and found nothing which states this.
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by focused(m): 2:04pm On Dec 17, 2007
You know what, at the hieght of the controversy sorrounding the formal declearation of Sharia Law in some Northern Nigerian State, a muslim cleric being interviewed on National Television in the breakfast segment was asked if it's true that young muslim females who choose to date or marry non-muslims will be executed.
His reply: No, we don't execute them. We simply encourage their family to kill them.

@Tom :

God will save us from this religion, that have no regard for the santity of human life. A life that Islamic people cannot create.
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by Dreloaded(f): 10:11pm On Dec 17, 2007
@tomX:

Lmao embarassed
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by Nobody: 10:15pm On Dec 17, 2007
mohammedans at their best
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by PTH(m): 1:33am On Dec 18, 2007
mdsocks:

@ @tomX

and what verse did he quote to support his statement.

Cos, i have been reading all through the Quran and found nothing which states this.

How can you see it? Did you also see allah's hatman decree in Sura 19:71? Of course not.
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by olabowale(m): 2:47pm On Dec 18, 2007
@Nwando:
All this cock and bull story to tell us why a man would flog his own son to death in the name of allah.
You ought to be bundled to Afghanistan and left there.
And we are on nairaland wondering why Muslims would slaughter Christians and other muslim sects like chicken when they have no problems killing their own flesh and blood to satisfy allah.
What a religion!!
I weep for the innocent children born daily into such babrbaric mindset.
No wonder they'll blow themselves up in a whim at the promise of liquor and virgins

I went to your many websites, and i was searching to find something concrete, to indicate an injunction for 'honor killing,' in Qur'an and hadith, i came up with zero. Your instructor, the Persian or Arab author, could not make the link, regardless of how much he tried. I am sure that if Sharia were to be enacted all over Nigeria, all those Politiians, who are looters of the nation's wealth, from the first of them, to the last of them,regardless of ethnicity and public status, would have lost a hand or both hands. Inshort, the pilaging of the people's treasury, would not have go on these many decades, without a noticeable break in this shameful practise.

Why do I have to be bundled up and shipped like a 'cargo,' to Afghanistan, when I am a full blooded Nigerian. I beg lets hear word. If you say ship me to Nigeria, then you will be making sense! Haba, Nigeria is large enough for me to live. I can anywhere and relate to the peole.

Your problem is this, anything you do not disagree with, you find it difficult to allow others to have a different opinion that yours. As I do not agree with 'Honor Killing,' it is based on the fact that God does not sanction it as a commandment from Him. God allows and permits repentance. I have nieces who are very rebellious, and also nephews who are just as hard nosed. However, adultery and fornication and people of lut, God gave a direct Commandment! Afterall, he sent Angels to destroy the people of Lut. It is written in the Bible, that you claim to be your Holy Book. What do you say about that, Mrs?

Those who kill their family members are just protecting their false family honor. There is no family honor in Islam. If is family honor, Muhammad's family would have been the first to enjoy it. You have look at family honor at its worst, then we should look at it at its best. Muhammad's family would not have become so poor that they sometimes did not have food to it. After the death of the prophet, his beloved Fatima, was not given any charity, even for one time! Who could have had more honor among the Muslims than her and her bloodline? None. Nwando, I have a pretty good feeling that you will now mount an effort to dispute me, in what i have just said. I just have a hunch about it. None of those Muhammad ordered to Kill was based on family honor, but only as punishment for committing Zina, while each have a legal partner. There were rules that governed such punishment. It was not just get im, rope im and kill im! Umar ibn Khattab who lashed his son, did so obeying God. And God did not say beat until death occurs!
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by pilgrim1(f): 3:03pm On Dec 18, 2007
D-reloaded:

He does that often. cheesy
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by olabowale(m): 7:25pm On Dec 18, 2007
@Pilgrim.1: Iyen I wo noo. I thought very highly of you, more than your trying to quote what you quoted above. You couldn't find anything to
say that is good, or at least not offensive, that you have to go searching for that? Agunton to ba ba aya rin, a je igbe! Ma te lowo eni to
fe ron e o. Pele pele o. I was just talking very fondly about you, on another thread, calling iya mi. Se bi iya se nse omo e ni yen? Pilgrim.1, o
de da mi lowun.
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by Dreloaded(f): 10:11pm On Dec 18, 2007
In your reponse to osisi, you havent explained why honor killings is very popular in countries with a hiogh population of Muslims. Why is that considering you claim that it's against Islam, that's what I don't get
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by Leilah(f): 3:07am On Dec 19, 2007
Its a stuipid ignorant CULTURAL practice.
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by Leilah(f): 3:18am On Dec 19, 2007
its not just in muslim countries, it happens in india too even in the hindu states. Is not even allowed in islam as allah swt will judge the person for himself. It cold have happened me if I lived in Jordan, see if I did though I would have never met my darling baby.
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by Leilah(f): 3:21am On Dec 19, 2007
In fact this does NOT happen in MOST muslim countries.
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by babs787(m): 5:19pm On Dec 19, 2007
cool cool
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 19, 2007
Leilah:

its not just in muslim countries, it happens in india too even in the hindu states. Is not even allowed in islam as allah swt will judge the person for himself. It cold have happened me if I lived in Jordan, see if I did though I would have never met my darling baby.

My dear Hindus kill for another reason altogether,not that any killing is better.
In Jordan honor killers are celebrated and are punished with a slap on the wrist.That is sharia for you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

E-money: Mr Colling Ezenwa Is Dead (see Details) / SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN THAT '' THANKING GOD HEALS '' / Man Of God Desecrates Ogboni Shrine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.