Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,824 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Islam And "honour Killings" - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam And "honour Killings" (4005 Views)

I Honour My Word Above My Name / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by babs787(m): 7:21pm On Dec 19, 2007
@Nwando

My dear Hindus kill for another reason altogether,not that any killing is better.
In Jordan honor killers are celebrated and are punished with a slap on the wrist.That is sharia for you.

You will never change or stop deceiving yourself. grin
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 19, 2007
Honor killings accounted for one-third of the murders of women in Jordan in 1999.
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 19, 2007
[[b]In some countries such as Jordan, Morocco and Syria, “honor crimes” are also legally sanctioned and defense of the family honor is considered a mitigating factor. Article 340 of the Penal Code of Jordan, for example, provides for an exemption from penalty if a man kills his wife or female relative after finding her “committing adultery with another.” It provides for a reduction in penalty if a man kills his wife or female relative after finding her “with another in an unlawful bed.” Similarly, Article 548 of the Penal Code of Syria also provides an exemption from penalty if a man kills or injures his wife or female after finding her committing adultery or other “illegitimate sexual acts with another.” The law also provides for a reduction in penalty for a man who kills or injures his female relative after catching her in a “suspicious state with another.” Also of concern is the way in which legislation in various countries awards lesser punishment in cases where the victim is considered to have “provoked” the crime by violating cultural norms.[/b]
http://www.feminist.com/violence/spot/honor.html

NB.not a feminist
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 19, 2007
Honor Killings in Jordan

Islam has a serious problem with so-called "honor killings." They aren't exactly an epidemic, but what is epidemic are the excuses and rationalizations. The fact that honor killings are accepted by Muslims all over the world is a sign of tremendous disrespect towards women.
In 2003, stiff penalties for "honor killings" were rejected in Jordan as un-Islamic:

Islamists and conservatives said the laws violated religious traditions and would destroy families and values. , Murder cases carry stiff penalties in Jordan, but honour killers usually receive reduced sentences since their crimes are considered to be committed in “fits of rage” or as a “crime of passion”, sparked by “unlawful action” on the part of the victim.
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by Nobody: 8:56pm On Dec 19, 2007
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by Nobody: 9:02pm On Dec 19, 2007
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by olabowale(m): 10:07pm On Dec 19, 2007
Nwando has a crush on Islam. For sure her fetish is that religion. But she is putting up a bold front. But we all see beyond the facade. She will soon put Hijab on, willingly!
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by pilgrim1(f): 3:23pm On Dec 26, 2007
olabowale:

@Pilgrim.1: Iyen I wo noo. I thought very highly of you, more than your trying to quote what you quoted above. You couldn't find anything to
say that is good, or at least not offensive, that you have to go searching for that? Agunton to ba ba aya rin, a je igbe! Ma te lowo eni to
fe ron e o. Pele pele o. I was just talking very fondly about you, on another thread, calling iya mi. Se bi iya se nse omo e ni yen? Pilgrim.1, o
de da mi lowun.

Excuse me. . .?!? Em. . . did you lose a nose-ring or something?

Lol, I don't see where all this patronizing should suddenly have come in while I was away!
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by Dreloaded(f): 3:26pm On Dec 26, 2007
Lmao.
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by pilgrim1(f): 3:28pm On Dec 26, 2007
Leilah:

Its a stuipid ignorant CULTURAL practice.

Well, that's true. But whether 'stupid' or 'ignorant', it is a fact that Muslims engage in honour killings. The hudood laws in Pakistan was not enacted by Hindus - it was Muslims who set it up from whatever they interpreted from the own Islamic jurisprudence.
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by olabowale(m): 5:35pm On Dec 26, 2007
The true authority in Islam was Muhammad and there was no honor Killing by him. There wer punishment for sins committed, according to the Sharia in Islam.
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by pilgrim1(f): 6:14pm On Dec 26, 2007
olabowale:

The true authority in Islam was Muhammad and there was no honor Killing by him.

Hahahaha!!  grin

Dear Olas-bobo-wale!! Hahaha!! I can't believe you are the first to confirm what I have been saving to tell Muslims.

Anyway, the cat is out already, thank you. I can only bellow after you:

The true authority in Islam was Muhammad!!

So, why have you Muslims been pretending all this while that Allah is your authority??  grin

Make una see drama now as he go vroom here to deny his statement!! Muslims-Muslims. . . una dey try O!! grin cheesy
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by olabowale(m): 7:58am On Dec 27, 2007
Sometime you do not see beyond your own nose, Princess Pilgrim.1! And Africans do not have long noses like Pinocchio. This means that you do not see anything far from an inch or so from your face. Who did Allah give the revelation to among men? That person is the authority, because he receives what is known as Wahi from Allah! I can see why you flunked preIslam, which should have qualified you for Islam 101! lol. Moses was the authority on behalf of God on Taurah. David was for Sabuur. Jesus son of Mary was for Injiil (Which we do not have, even though it was reported that he preached it about the places he went!) and Muhammad was for Qur'an. The Book of Islam is the Qur'an, while hadith is explanation of Qur'an. Whats your Problem? Man you bore me. maybe this is your gimmick with the Blind Christians that you are doing some work. It is very flat with me! The taste is gone. Like a glass of soft drink that have been left in the open for days. It will just look it, but does not taste it; watered down!
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by pilgrim1(f): 9:45am On Dec 27, 2007
@olabowale,

olabowale:

Sometime you do not see beyond your own nose, Princess Pilgrim.1! And Africans do not have long noses like Pinocchio. This means that you do not see anything far from an inch or so from your face.

Another story again! Kai. . . this morning, my ear go full with yada-yada! grin

olabowale:

Who did Allah give the revelation to among men? That person is the authority, because he receives what is known as Wahi from Allah!

Hehehe. . .  grin Are you playing tennis here after your bloviate that Muhammad is the TRUE authority in Islam? Whatever happened to the TRUE authority himself who is supposed to be Allah?

In Islam, my dear, all human leaders are subordinate - there is no such concept as any man being the "true authority" except 'Allah'. Go figure and let me see where you ever came across knowledgeable Muslims referring to any MAN as THE TRUE authority in Islam!

Besides, the main point why I kept quiet all this while about the one who is the Lord of Islam is because I wanted it to come from the mouth of a Muslim. And predictably, you guys gradually went that road and uttered it without my having prompted you to do so.

Don't cry just now. . . I would be holding that confession as a reference point when I need to scold some rascal Muslims back to the LYING holes! cheesy

olabowale:

I can see why you flunked preIslam, which should have qualified you for Islam 101!

Actually, I flunked pre-Islam. Want to know why? My teacher was daft and he was a confirmed womanizer. No jokes. The hypocrit would sit so sanctimoniously as he recited his mantra and assumed a holy poise. But as soon as the holy lessons were over, he had some undisclosed business with women who were not his wives. . . until he was caught red-handed several months later.

Don't blame me for not enrolling in another class - because from that point, stubborn as I was, I refused to be deceived by any mullah, Ulema or Imam.

olabowale:

lol. Moses was the authority on behalf of God on Taurah. David was for Sabuur. Jesus son of Mary was for Injiil (Which we do not have, even though it was reported that he preached it about the places he went!) and Muhammad was for Qur'an.

This is where your rejoinder gets cheesy! grin

At first, you boldly asserted that Muhammad was THE TRUE authority in Islam; but now you're coming forth to change it to the authority for Qur'an!

Any more lies for 'Allah'?

You should understand that in Islam, the "true authority" was regarded as 'Allah' - no man assumed that position. Leaders, yes. Apostles, yes. Slaves, yes. BUT "true authority"? NO and NO - for that was alone for your 'Allah'. Unless you want Muhammad to assume the role of 'Allah', then I can see why your nose is too short a distance for you to see!

Meanwhile, to assume that Muhammad is the TRUE authority in ISLAM really betrays the Muslim propaganda of what Islam actually is. Islam is simply the invention of Muhammad - and that already wipes out the LIE that Islam started with Adam and then down through Abraham (with the idol house, the KAABA). Puh-leeeeeaaaassee!!

If Islam began with Adam, who was the true authority of Islam then?  Was it still Muhammad, who was a late comer and yet knew nothing about the Biblical prophets whom he pretended to have believed in?

olabowale:

The Book of Islam is the Qur'an, while hadith is explanation of Qur'an.

I hear. That again is another reference point I will hold unto when some rascal errand boys of Islam start misbehaving.

olabowale:

Whats your Problem? Man you bore me.

Uh-oh!! cheesy  I have no problem at all! I only asked you to keep the 100,000 names of the prophets and give me the names of the remaining 24,000!! Shikena! Abi them don travel by night journer to space suddenly?

olabowale:

maybe this is your gimmick with the Blind Christians that you are doing some work.

I have no gimmicks - rather, I state FACTS. And it is a FACT that the Qur'an says that Christians are "devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world, and they are not arrogant" - go and read it in Sura 5 v 82!! grin

olabowale:

It is very flat with me! The taste is gone. Like a glass of soft drink that have been left in the open for days. It will just look it, but does not taste it; watered down!

Thank you for letting me that the taste of Islam is GONE!! Al-HARM-dudu LIE!! grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Of God Desecrates Ogboni Shrine / The Evils Of Cultism In Schools.what's Your Comment? / The 6 Alien Species Currently Fighting For Control Over Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.