Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,000 members, 7,825,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Do Nigerians Eat Mushroom? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Do Nigerians Eat Mushroom? (4328 Views)

Strange Food Combinations Some Nigerians Eat / 5 Weird Animals Nigerians Eat / Do Nigerians Eat Fufu? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Nigerians Eat Mushroom? by cookie27: 6:25pm On Jul 30, 2012
I would like to know if Nigerians consume mushrooms and what local dishes can be prepared with them. Plus are there any sources for fresh mushrooms? The mushrooms I see around are the canned ones and they are so soggy and flavorless. Thanks.
Re: Do Nigerians Eat Mushroom? by WAVixen: 8:10pm On Aug 01, 2012
Yes there are mushrooms available in the local market. Ask from those selling fresh fruits and vegetables. You can use them to cook vegetable soup, egusi soup, groundnut soup.
Re: Do Nigerians Eat Mushroom? by armyofone(m): 2:32am On Aug 03, 2012
Yes they do. Mushrooms in Okra soup kiss kiss

not sure if i can use portubellow (portobello) mushroom for okra.

i still steam my mushrooms and eat plain.
Re: Do Nigerians Eat Mushroom? by dominique(f): 8:20pm On Aug 03, 2012
i so much dislike the canned mushrooms, i dont know how else i can apply it in cooking. i have a feeling the fresh ones will taste nothing like those disgusting canned onesl-if only they're available in lagos markets.
Re: Do Nigerians Eat Mushroom? by Enoquin(f): 1:11pm On Aug 04, 2012
dominique: i so much dislike the canned mushrooms, i dont know how else i can apply it in cooking. i have a feeling the fresh ones will taste nothing like those disgusting canned onesl-if only they're available in lagos markets.

The fresh taste nothing like the canned one. The fresh has a meaty feeling when chewed as opposed to the rubbery feeling of the canned one. However, I am yet to see it in the market even here in Uyo. I eat it when I go to the villa and like the snails..this is the season...
Re: Do Nigerians Eat Mushroom? by dominique(f): 5:44pm On Aug 04, 2012
^^^ now i really feel like trying it out. but where to find it is the jamb question. besides, i heard there are poisonous mushrooms that are very similar to the edible ones. how pesin go take differentiate now
Re: Do Nigerians Eat Mushroom? by phillip001(m): 5:24pm On Aug 09, 2012
I want to go into mushroom farming, I need help on the details
Re: Do Nigerians Eat Mushroom? by Bluemoon1(f): 6:49am On Aug 20, 2012
there's a soup that consists only of mushrooms...its an igbo soup forgotten the name. don't know if other tribes cook it too. really tasty. my mum used to prepare it when i was in nigeria. unfortunately, i don't know the recipe
Re: Do Nigerians Eat Mushroom? by Brownson555: 8:46pm On Jun 06, 2020
You can get Mushrooms in Nigeria at Eti Farms Global. You can check them out on IG @etifarmsglobal

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Seperate Sand From Garri / Name One Food You Refuse To Eat / The Best Way To Make Ekuru And Stew (white Moi Moi And Fried Stew)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.