Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,800 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Some Useful Facebook Tips. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Some Useful Facebook Tips. (925 Views)

Some Useful Wordpress Plugins I Use / Check Out My Blog It's New And Comment Please And It Has Some Useful Info / Free Traffic. May Be You Will Find Here Some Useful Tips For You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Some Useful Facebook Tips. by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 30, 2012
Almost every internet user has a Facebook account but only a few know how to properly use it. Facebook is social platform is filled with hidden features that are impossible for the average user to find. This post includes tricks you can use with your Facebook account. This post includes five of the best hidden Facebook tricks you can use to improve your social networking experience.

View Someone's Profile without sending a friend request.

To check out an associates profile without adding them as a friend? Send the person a message to say hello. If the person replies, you'll be able to see their wall, pictures, and other information without adding them as a friend.

Restore Hidden Friends
It's common to get rid of your status-crazy Facebook friend, only to realize that you actually enjoyed their posts. Thankfully, there is a way to bring her/him back. To view your hidden friends list, access the home page and scroll all the way down. Click the "Edit Options" button to open a popup window that shows all your hidden friends. To restore a friend, click "Add to News Feed".

Minimize Applications
Applications can make a nice Facebook page look spammed and cluttered. Delete the applications you don't need, and minimize the rest so they won't be an eyesore. Look for an upside-down triangle near each application icon to have the app minimized. To remove it altogether, just press the "X" button on the right side of the icon.

Hide Your Profile
Not everyone wants their Facebook profile to be found by any person in the world. Here are some steps for hiding your profile:
STEP 1: Sign in and access the My Privacy options. This will allow you to separately adjust feature on your account. You can choose to hide certain features from the public/friends, or make everything private.
STEP 2: Find the "limited profile" and click Edit Settings. You'll get a page with a preview of your profile.
STEP 3: Choose any of the features you want people to see on your profile. If you want to hide all your information, uncheck all the boxes and click "Save".
STEP 4: To hide information from certain friends, create a list and add friends who you want to give restricted access. Add the list in the "My Privacy" page or select each friend individually.

Friends You Don't Want to Know

The "Friends You May Know" features often show friends you don't want to interact with. To avoid having your boss or work associates popping up as friend suggestions, just press the "X" button on their profile so they won't show up again. TRY AND SEE. grin grin grin
SOURCE:http://www.gidilinks.com/2012/05/five-easy-tricks-for-facebook-users.html

(1) (Reply)

Pls Can You Guys Help Me With A Trusted LR Exchanger / Am Tryin Smtin Pls Dnt Band Me, U Can Delet It / Linda Ikeji's Blog Removal And Lesssons For Bloggers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.