Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,319 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

How Come You Are African? - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How Come You Are African? (4730 Views)

Achebe: How Come ' The Father Of African Literature' Did Not Win The Nobel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Come You Are African? by blackcat1: 3:04pm On Oct 03, 2012
afam4eva: You say you are African, yet you watch CNN and BBC instead of sticking to NTA channel 5 ans 10

You say you're African yet you wear clothes instead of walking buck nakked

Africans were never buck nakked.

Extremely sexy looking yes, nakked def no
Re: How Come You Are African? by Afam4eva(m): 3:05pm On Oct 03, 2012
blackcat1:

Africans were never buck nakked.

Extremely sexy looking yes, nakked def no
Do you have any evidence?
Re: How Come You Are African? by blackcat1: 3:19pm On Oct 03, 2012
afam4eva:
Do you have any evidence?

Our then traditional clothes are evidence enough.
Re: How Come You Are African? by Afam4eva(m): 3:42pm On Oct 03, 2012
blackcat1:

You mean the ones you imported or the ones that were invented later on?
Re: How Come You Are African? by chucky234(m): 4:05pm On Oct 03, 2012
blackcat1:

Which clothes are you referring to? Tribes walked naked before the whitemen discovered Africa,there was no such thing as traditional clothes except for palm fronds and plantain leaves.
Re: How Come You Are African? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 03, 2012
Im not african. Im jamaican cool
Re: How Come You Are African? by Truckpusher(m): 6:00pm On Oct 03, 2012
Is there anything special abt Africa and Africans?

1 Like

Re: How Come You Are African? by torgbe(m): 10:06pm On Oct 03, 2012
II AM AN AFRICAN COS I BELIEVE IN THE IDEALS OF KWAME NKRUMAH, JULIUS NYERERE, MALCOM X, marcus garvey and the rest
Re: How Come You Are African? by jmoore(m): 11:32pm On Oct 03, 2012
afroxyz:
Because if you are, how come you glorify alien gods?
Whatever happened to Ifa, Sango and Horus?
Of course,
The new religions gave you an escape route for your vices,

People like Mary Slessor brought the message of gospel that helped to stop the killing of twins which your gods were taking. Christianity brought hope and its not a religion.

I'm African because I'm Nigerian and I live in Nigeria. I eat Nigerian foods, most of my words are in Igbo.

afroxyz:
I doubt you are African.

You probably typed this post with the aid of a phone or pc not made by Africans, pls hush!!!!
Re: How Come You Are African? by Tolaaaaannni(f): 12:34am On Oct 04, 2012
afroxyz: You say you are African,
But you bear the names of the British and Americans.
Your fake hair looks fetish and is Brazilian,
Or probably gotten from a monk's temple in India.
Your face is like an artist's canvas,
A colorful fracas.
Yet you claim to be African.

You have no regards for your brothers
You are fed and stringed by the voices of aliens
Using ethnic and linguistic differences to instigate pogroms, infanticides and murders.
How quick you forget when you were once trade partners
Exchanging commodities across the nile through barter
I doubt you are African

Because if you are, how come you glorify alien gods?
Whatever happened to Ifa, Sango and Horus?
Of course,
The new religions gave you an escape route for your vices,
That's why swearing by Ofo would never suffice.
They said your gods are evil,
Their shrines you have destroyed and levelled.
But in their museums, the artifacts you pay view.
Who is the greater devil?
I doubt you are African.

@op umm Ok?? So... none of what you wrote up there really apply to me, But I will answer your question nonetheless. I

am African because I was born and bred in a country in Africa, called Nigeria. And If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't

change a thing. And nobody on earth should question my "africaness".
Re: How Come You Are African? by Blyss: 1:32am On Oct 04, 2012
ItsModella:
hehehe, abi o. On a serious note, I am African because I am very involved in the culture and hold them dear. I speak the language, I eat the food, I dance to the music, I go to the festivals. I am ingrained in that which makes Africa what it is. So there, that's why I'm African.

None of that makes you African.
Re: How Come You Are African? by Blyss: 1:33am On Oct 04, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:

@op umm Ok?? So... none of what you wrote up there really apply to me, But I will answer your question nonetheless. I

am African because I was born and bred in a country in Africa, called Nigeria. And If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't

change a thing. And nobody on earth should question my "africaness".

The fact of that you were born in Nigeria, isn't what makes you African. Many none Africans are born in Africa.
Re: How Come You Are African? by Blyss: 1:36am On Oct 04, 2012
*Kails*:
Im not african. Im jamaican cool

How are you Jamaican, when you were born and raised your whole life in the US, and you are only half Jamaican, with the other half being Black-American?
Re: How Come You Are African? by Tolaaaaannni(f): 3:19am On Oct 04, 2012
Blyss:

The fact of that you were born in Nigeria, isn't what makes you African. Many none Africans are born in Africa.

Its true that some people feel a sort of "bond/link" to Africa and that might in some way make them "African" but if you are not in tune with the

African culture, to me you aren't truly African. undecided By me saying "I was born and bred in an African country named Nigeria",

I was trying to imply that I am in tune with my culture, though it is not an automatic thing that when you are born in

an African country you automatically become African, but it is true that if you were born and raised/bred in an African

country you are more likely to be considered as "African". (How can a person not be??, when you have family members and society literally raising you).

But it will all come down to what your definition of being "African" mean, To me being african mean you are in tune with your culture and not just because you know the history but the fact that you breathe it, live it, and embrace it. Your definition of being "African" might be different from mines.
Re: How Come You Are African? by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 04, 2012
Africa is only a space we found myself in and not a people. The people in the enclose space called africa shares nothing in common.
Re: How Come You Are African? by lagcity(m): 6:33pm On Oct 04, 2012
I am African because I AM AFRICAN! End of story! Don't need no explanation, fvck off!
Re: How Come You Are African? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 04, 2012
Blyss:

None of that makes you African.
I was born and bred in Africa. I am intricately involved in the traditions and culture, and you tell me none of that makes me African. Ok, smart one. Tell me, what other thing makes me African other than the ones I mentioned?
Re: How Come You Are African? by Dahbutter(m): 10:10pm On Oct 04, 2012
I feel u op, but imagine how ugly and hungry looking those girls will be without the Brazillian or Indian hair na. Cut dem some slack biko
Re: How Come You Are African? by Flygerian1(m): 3:51pm On Oct 05, 2012
I am African not because i was born in Africa, not because i speak the language, not because i eat the food, not because i know the culture and tradition, not because i interact with Africans but because, Africa chose me!
Re: How Come You Are African? by blackcat1: 10:10pm On Oct 08, 2012
afam4eva:
You mean the ones you imported or the ones that were invented later on?
chucky234: Which clothes are you referring to? Tribes walked naked before the whitemen discovered Africa,there was no such thing as traditional clothes except for palm fronds and plantain leaves.

I mean no disrespect but your ignorance seriously amazes me. Please read your history books.If you can post on nairaland it means you are connected to the internet so just use any of the search engines to enlighten yourselves. You will be amazed at how developed we Africans were before the aliens reached our shores.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Big Mummy (18+) / Obama: The Historic Journey, A Groundbreaking Book Covering Barack Obama's Life / Patrick Obahiagbon Vs Wale Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.