Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Dilemma Of A Pastor - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dilemma Of A Pastor (1256 Views)

Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity / Church Dilemma - Serious Replies Pls / Should Women Be Allowed To Preach On The Altar Or To Become A Pastor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dilemma Of A Pastor by Caracta(f): 3:36am On Aug 01, 2012
I got this mail from an old friend, a Pastor of a small church, married with three kids. Here is the mail:
'Hi friend. I got a job offer at a BREWERY as an Accountant through a POWERFUL uncle. As a Pastor, i've always preached against alcoholic drinks.
If i accept the offer, i would be seen as a hypocrite and bad example in my church (working in an alcoholic factory). I could even lose the confidence of my members.
If i reject it, my uncle would be furious and could even report me to my wife. I know that woman! It would affect my marriage.
What should i do? I have serious financial problems. Could this be temptation? Pls advise me. I've always trusted your judgment'
O ye wise nairalanders, please advise this young man/pastor.
Re: Dilemma Of A Pastor by Goshen360(m): 3:54am On Aug 01, 2012
Caracta: I got this mail from an old friend, a Pastor of a small church, married with three kids. Here is the mail:
'Hi friend. I got a job offer at a BREWERY as an Accountant through a POWERFUL uncle. As a Pastor, i've always preached against alcoholic drinks.
If i accept the offer, i would be seen as a hypocrite and bad example in my church (working in an alcoholic factory). I could even lose the confidence of my members.
If i reject it, my uncle would be furious and could even report me to my wife. I know that woman! It would affect my marriage.
What should i do? I have serious financial problems. Could this be temptation? Pls advise me. I've always trusted your judgment'

So as an accountant? I think your pastor friend should rather concern his thinking and fear with "thiefing money" rather than occupy himself with thought of working in a brewery probably because of the environment or consumption of alcohol content. He will have greater temptation with money than drinking of alcohol content. Let him go work so as to provide for his family until he get another better offer if he doesn't like this one because of his faith. Besides, I don't see anything wrong working as ACCOUNTANT in a BREWERY.

1 Like

Re: Dilemma Of A Pastor by Nobody: 4:09am On Aug 01, 2012
Nigerian Christians are such phariceees and saducees.
Who sent him message in the first place to be demonizing wine?
Everything is to be taken in moderation and glory given to God.

Even Timothy in the bible had to drink wine because of something.
Jesus himself drank wine. All that aside, Wine is a good drink undecided
Some people are just so very....unnecessary

1 Like

Re: Dilemma Of A Pastor by Nobody: 7:07am On Aug 01, 2012
Everything seems to be wrong with this pastor undecided . A nagging wife...an overbearing uncle...a judgmental congregation! Lol!

lwkm! A confused pastor! cheesy Can't he pray to God for appropriate guidance? Has he lost connection with heaven? lipsrsealed

He had better resign from that fake church and go earn money @ the brewery to do ''God's work!'' cheesy
Re: Dilemma Of A Pastor by Areaboy2(m): 7:24am On Aug 01, 2012
Funny thing is, he wouldn't see this as a dilemma if his church was big and raking in millions.

But with his small church not living up to expectation, an alternative is sort. I'm sure his uncle didn't getting him d job out of d blue. He must have asked for it.

Conclusion? Nigerians churches = money making business
Re: Dilemma Of A Pastor by Nobody: 8:56am On Aug 01, 2012
Ummm. Jesus' first miracle was turning water to wine?
What the pastor should be scared of is turning figures to ummm... *searching for right word, back in a sec*...
Re: Dilemma Of A Pastor by Caracta(f): 11:01am On Aug 02, 2012
Funny and intelligent comments here. Thanx guys...but i want more (Oliver Twist)

1 Like

Re: Dilemma Of A Pastor by Ptolomeus(m): 10:36pm On Aug 02, 2012
Caracta: I got this mail from an old friend, a Pastor of a small church, married with three kids. Here is the mail:

A pastor with financial problems?
Mhhhh I think the first thing you should do that pastor is to stop lying.
There is a pastor who would like to work ... so, will that pastor in his church ... living of tithes and sweat of others ...
Re: Dilemma Of A Pastor by Caracta(f): 11:33pm On Aug 02, 2012
Ptolomeus:

A pastor with financial problems?
Mhhhh I think the first thing you should do that pastor is to stop lying.
There is a pastor who would like to work ... so, will that pastor in his church ... living of tithes and sweat of others ...
That's if he has rich members. His members might be petty traders and low-income earners.
Re: Dilemma Of A Pastor by Ptolomeus(m): 10:02pm On Aug 03, 2012
Caracta:
That's if he has rich members. His members might be petty traders and low-income earners.

Dear friend.

Who robs a rich man is a thief... who robs a poor man is a thief and a fuck1ng.

(1) (Reply)

Reach Out Nigeria On My Mind! Expectant / Is The Church A Prostitute? / How Nigerian Pastors Are Encouraging Corruption & Robbery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.