Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,757 members, 7,813,507 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

Emancipate Yourself from Mental Slavery - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Emancipate Yourself from Mental Slavery (965 Views)

The Resentment between Blacks and West Africans over Slavery / 10 Things Most Nigerians Do Not Know About Slavery / The Hidden History Of White Slavery! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emancipate Yourself from Mental Slavery by Joliecoco: 4:08am On Aug 01, 2012
Reading this board isdicouraging. When will black people learn to love their identity and culture ? You never see people from Europe diclaiming their culture and skin color to so oh I am mixed with Arbs, black... They are proud of their identity .when will black people be proud of their culture. Until we have self respect for our history and identity we will continue to be t the bottom in the world . Black people are their own worst enemy not the white man.

1 Like

Re: Emancipate Yourself from Mental Slavery by tpia5: 5:14am On Aug 01, 2012
i thought you said people mistake you for arab, french and chinese.

didnt you open a thread about it?
Re: Emancipate Yourself from Mental Slavery by Ptolomeus(m): 4:38pm On Aug 01, 2012
Joliecoco: Reading this board isdicouraging. When will black people learn to love their identity and culture ? You never see people from Europe diclaiming their culture and skin color to so oh I am mixed with Arbs, black... They are proud of their identity .when will black people be proud of their culture. Until we have self respect for our history and identity we will continue to be t the bottom in the world . Black people are their own worst enemy not the white man.
Yes. There is a problem of identity in Africa.
A problem of identity is not accidental, but was and is planned by Arabs and Europeans.
Erased at a stroke the traditions, language and everything having to do with the African identity.
There is no greater slavery that mental slavery.
This thread has already offered, some worshipers of the gods and foreign cultures ... They are the eternal slaves, those who "want to be white and live in Europe" ... That seems to be easier to be critical, study and analyze ... But that in turn leads to suicide.

The post is excellent.
My congratulations.
Kind regards!

1 Like

Re: Emancipate Yourself from Mental Slavery by Ybutterfly: 7:11pm On Aug 01, 2012
Re: Emancipate Yourself from Mental Slavery by Joliecoco: 5:22am On Aug 02, 2012
tpia@:
i thought you said people mistake you for arab, french and chinese.

didnt you open a thread about it?

My tread was not about this country is beautiful or this group is beautiful. Everyone is beautiful cause we are created in the image of God. I am proud to be an Arican and I will ne er wish to be anything but African .
Re: Emancipate Yourself from Mental Slavery by tpia5: 5:27am On Aug 02, 2012
ok then.
Re: Emancipate Yourself from Mental Slavery by Tolaaaaannni(f): 12:32am On Aug 04, 2012
First and formost, I don't think their is anyone here who deny their culture and nationality.
Second thing, if you are so proud of being "Black" why tell us about your other mixs?

(1) (Reply)

What Migration Has Caused These Nigerians In Canada / Inside The Cult Of The Dead:the Macabre 'bone Yard' Cemetery In Naples(Graphic) / Within Our Life-time, The Yoruba Race/tribe Will Become Extinct In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.