Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,973 members, 7,838,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts (9217 Views)

Dear PMB, Fighting Corruption Is Not A Fiscal Responsibility, By Tony Osborg / CCT Chairman, Danladi Umar Sued Over Money Laundering, Bribery / Kano Tops 2012-2013 Fiscal Responsibility List In Budget Discipline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by DExplorer1: 7:56pm On Aug 02, 2012
Katsumoto:

You accuse him of what you are guilty of. You didn't have the time to respond to the topic but you found time to get personal.

What is your opinion about the topic? How should the president respond to the issue of fiscal responsibility?
If i'm to play word break-down just as the clueless pukkah, i will simply identify the bolded as an error. Dude, time for a sumptuous dinner. Still on your national budget. Do you mind?

You Need To Read These! Why He Hasn't Proposed

After Aborting 3 Times For Him, He's Set To Marry Another Lady This Month.

16 Regular Mistakes Singles Make in Relationships

25 Warning Signs of a Possible Break up in Your Relationship
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by Katsumoto: 8:07pm On Aug 02, 2012
D-Explorer:

If i'm to play word break-down just as the clueless pukkah, i will simply identify the bolded as an error. Dude, time for a sumptuous dinner. Still on your national budget. Do you mind?

No one is infallible but there is nothing wrong with that. The action is in the present and not in the past.
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by Pataki: 8:14pm On Aug 02, 2012
Katsumoto:

No one is infallible but there is nothing wrong with that. The action is in the present and not in the past.

The dolt is now looking for straws to grasp at. cheesy Please pay it no attention. Only beaf and dedeike happen to be of a little brighter mind than these bunch of cyber charlatans.

It is quite glaring understanding tenses flew past his head. How does one expect him to comprehend the state of affairs of the nation, when simple English comprehension is beyond his intellectual acumen?!
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by manny4life(m): 8:15pm On Aug 02, 2012
Me personally, as much I try to to see good in GEJ, I think this action is good. How come a country like Nigeria has no debt ceiling, borrowing money anywhere and anyhow. Abeg, I don't support this borrow borrow, Nigeria is a blessed nation with abundant (Land, Natural, Capital and Human) resources . Why should you borrow when you have plenty, isn't that a curse?
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by Katsumoto: 8:21pm On Aug 02, 2012
Beaf:

I don't see much of an informed discussion in the first few posts. It was all a rather primitive dig in, like occurs most times on NL these days.

I can't believe you just posted that. You are just as guilty as most others, especially with your gifs and jpegs, etc. The situation in NL is not much different from Capitol Hill where people are so entrenched in their positions that it's difficult for opponents to find a common ground.

I don't believe in taking beef from thread to thread and I would prefer it if others did the same. Perhaps, its because I am only a part stakeholder.

At the end of the day, Nigeria is in trouble and these positions are ruinous.

I know you love GEJ, that much is very clear. But the opposition is the opposition; it is the job of the opposition to keep the executive and legislature on its toes. Not unless anyone here has identified himself as a senator, rep, governor, etc they are stakeholders and must be treated as such. The strategy of engaging them, will not bear fruit because you alienate not just those you attack but the independents as well. If Cameroonians, Ghanians, Togolese, etc attack GEJ, then you are free to respond in kind because they are not stakeholders.

It is impossible for any human being to be right all the time and that is why it is impossible for anyone to be defended all the time except by those who are employed to do so. Millions of Americans will vote for Obama in November but many are those who have criticized his policies in the past 3 and a half years.

Just my two cents but then again, we are all different.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by olivertwist: 8:24pm On Aug 02, 2012
Guys please stop wasting your precious time with the following 40 GEJ lapdogs...You are most likely arguing with the same lapdog, Beaf. Just make your point and save your precious time. It's not worth it. grin wink

[b]1)Beaf
2)Billyonaire
3)Werepeleri
4)Johndoe100
5)Wesley80
6)Rasputinn
7)Jmaine
8}D-explorer
9)Ifihearam
10)Dedeike
11)Mandelaguy
12)BlackPikin
13)Elueme
[/b]14)Okija_Juju
15)Alphabet43
16)Relax101
17)PointB
18)Omexonomy
19)Dele.Ahmed
20)Super1759
21)Olanlere11
22)Bubadaniel13
23)1800BC
24)Murphy T
25)FJ Cruiser
26)Camilla247
27)Berabera
28)Princenayo
29)Hammed Sodiqq
30)Apala911
31)Walecole74
32)Stallion77
33)Kasiem
34)Oiseworld
35)Frank-C
36)Chima12
37)Maxymilliano
38)Kunle j
39)Gregg 2
40)Stine b

Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by aletheia(m): 8:36pm On Aug 02, 2012
Katsumoto:
I can't believe you just posted that. You are just as guilty as most others, especially with your gifs and jpegs, etc. The situation in NL is not much different from Capitol Hill where people are so entrenched in their positions that it's difficult for opponents to find a common ground.

I don't believe in taking beef from thread to thread and I would prefer it if others did the same. Perhaps, its because I am only a part stakeholder.

At the end of the day, Nigeria is in trouble and these positions are ruinous.

I know you love GEJ, that much is very clear. But the opposition is the opposition; it is the job of the opposition to keep the executive and legislature on its toes. Not unless anyone here has identified himself as a senator, rep, governor, etc they are stakeholders and must be treated as such. The strategy of engaging them, will not bear fruit because you alienate not just those you attack but the independents as well. If Cameroonians, Ghanians, Togolese, etc attack GEJ, then you are free to respond in kind because they are not stakeholders.

It is impossible for any human being to be right all the time and that is why it is impossible for anyone to be defended all the time except by those who are employed to do so. Millions of Americans will vote for Obama in November but many are those who have criticized his policies in the past 3 and a half years.

Just my two cents but then again, we are all different.

You were probably the only sane voice on this thread. . .instead of debating the merits or otherwise of the lawyers' action, almost everyone defaulted into entrenched positions.
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by werepeLeri: 8:46pm On Aug 02, 2012
olivertwist: Guys please stop wasting your precious time with the following 40 GEJ lapdogs...You are most likely arguing with the same lapdog, Beaf. Just make your point and save your precious time. It's not worth it. grin wink

[b]1)Beaf
2)Billyonaire
3)Werepeleri
4)Johndoe100
5)Wesley80
6)Rasputinn
7)Jmaine
8}D-explorer
9)Ifihearam
10)Dedeike
11)Mandelaguy
12)BlackPikin
13)Elueme
[/b]14)Okija_Juju
15)Alphabet43
16)Relax101
17)PointB
18)Omexonomy
19)Dele.Ahmed
20)Super1759
21)Olanlere11
22)Bubadaniel13
23)1800BC
24)Murphy T
25)FJ Cruiser
26)Camilla247
27)Berabera
28)Princenayo
29)Hammed Sodiqq
30)Apala911
31)Walecole74
32)Stallion77
33)Kasiem
34)Oiseworld
35)Frank-C
36)Chima12
37)Maxymilliano
38)Kunle j
39)Gregg 2
40)Stine b

You sure need a job. Why not become one of the 40 laptops? Chances are, you are unemployed. If you are, then I pity those who pay your wages.
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by olivertwist: 8:57pm On Aug 02, 2012
werepeLeri:

You sure need a job. Why not become one of the 40 laptops? Chances are, you are unemployed. If you are, then I pity those who pay your wages.

@Werepeleri Computer 3: Can you repeat pls, more volume.
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by Mrhod: 9:04pm On Aug 02, 2012
Let us rise up n say no 2 bad policy, let all Nigerians use every legal means 2 let dis man no dat us are not fools, pastor, muslem lets join hand n build a betta future, we are not in d militery era, dis man has no respect 4 law, mayb he dont gv a demn about d law, what has he use d moni 4, mayb 4 his travelin, hostin. I wounda hw we will couninue with dis man 4 anoder 3yrs, God abeg help us o oga no shoe wan kil us.
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by werepeLeri: 9:04pm On Aug 02, 2012
olivertwist:

@Werepeleri Computer 3: Can you repeat pls, more volume.

You must be deaf then - wasted s per mato zoa. A product of two deranged fore bearers.

If I am computer Number 3 - u must be Foot Rag no 19.
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by DExplorer1: 9:12pm On Aug 02, 2012
Katsumoto:

That's not even the point. That simple act confirms lack of quality opinion.

Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by olivertwist: 9:14pm On Aug 02, 2012
werepeLeri:

You must be deaf then - wasted s per mato zoa. A product of two deranged fore bearers.

If I am computer Number 3 - u must be Foot Rag no 19.

Werepeleri Computer 3 aka Beaf, you are misbehaving now, I need to put some more coconut water in your brain for you to function properly... grin grin grin

Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by werepeLeri: 9:15pm On Aug 02, 2012
olivertwist:

Werepeleri Computer 3 aka Beaf, you are misbehaving now, I need to put some more coconut water in your brain for you to function properly...

Daft.
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by nigerbabe: 9:25pm On Aug 02, 2012
Pukkah: On the face of it, it is not wrong to borrow. But it is criminal to borrow money and fritter it on nonsense or inanities.

The debt profile of Nigeria has gone up by over N1.2trillion within one year of President Jonathan's administration. Can someone please point to the specific and tangible projects for which the loans have been used?
. Patience Jonathan billboard
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by olivertwist: 9:32pm On Aug 02, 2012
werepeLeri:

Daft.

Idiota grin
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by bioda: 9:43pm On Aug 02, 2012
I think the president's immunity is limited to criminal charges,which does not include cases like this.
I also think that the lawyers would do a better job if the subject of their litigation was ''budget implementation''.but all the same,it is an indication that some learned ppl still follow govt's activities. Cases like this bring to memory, Chief Gani Fawehmi.

Sky Blue: Hmm. I like this. This is good and healthy for our democracy and I hope they can go some way with it. But the president has immunity and the issue being addressed is what the legislative should be pressuring the executive on, these are serious oversight duties. All this focus on budget implementation to me sounds too much like 'release money for contract', and unfortunately I have lost a lot of confidence in the house and that is how I see their current focus. But this call though, is note worthy.
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by Demdem(m): 10:00pm On Aug 02, 2012
manny4life: Me personally, as much I try to to see good in GEJ, I think this action is good. How come a country like Nigeria has no debt ceiling, borrowing money anywhere and anyhow. Abeg, I don't support this borrow borrow, Nigeria is a blessed nation with abundant (Land, Natural, Capital and Human) resources . Why should you borrow when you have plenty, isn't that a curse?

i endorse this post
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by wirinet(m): 10:01pm On Aug 02, 2012
bioda: I think the president's immunity is limited to criminal charges,which does not include cases like this.
I also think that the lawyers would do a better job if the subject of their litigation was ''budget implementation''.but all the same,it is an indication that some learned ppl still follow govt's activities. Cases like this bring to memory, Chief Gani Fawehmi.

If you say the president's immunity is limited only to criminal matters, then what can the courts do if the president ignore court judgements against him? Charge him for contempt? I think this suit if frivolous and a waste of judicial time. It is the national assembly that can effectively take up this issue and not the courts
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by yohannazack(m): 11:27pm On Aug 02, 2012
How wuld u feel when money is been borrowd in ur name, but its not spent and u are askd to pay the money? We all knw dat dis gudlock has failed us in all aspects of our lives. These guys are tryin to correct these ills in their own little way. How i wishd we all try in our individual ways to correct all rubbish these peoeple are doin. One thin im sure of, nigerians wl not continue to be fooled by dis gej wit his people. Pls lets wake up!

1 Like

Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by phildon: 4:44am On Aug 03, 2012
olivertwist: Guys please stop wasting your precious time with the following 40 GEJ lapdogs...You are most likely arguing with the same lapdog, Beaf. Just make your point and save your precious time. It's not worth it. grin wink

[b]1)Beaf
2)Billyonaire
3)Werepeleri
4)Johndoe100
5)Wesley80
6)Rasputinn
7)Jmaine
8}D-explorer
9)Ifihearam
10)Dedeike
11)Mandelaguy
12)BlackPikin
13)Elueme
[/b]14)Okija_Juju
15)Alphabet43
16)Relax101
17)PointB
18)Omexonomy
19)Dele.Ahmed
20)Super1759
21)Olanlere11
22)Bubadaniel13
23)1800BC
24)Murphy T
25)FJ Cruiser
26)Camilla247
27)Berabera
28)Princenayo
29)Hammed Sodiqq
30)Apala911
31)Walecole74
32)Stallion77
33)Kasiem
34)Oiseworld
35)Frank-C
36)Chima12
37)Maxymilliano
38)Kunle j
39)Gregg 2
40)Stine b

No wonder! This beaf, abi na nam sef, a na coconut head him get.
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by phildon: 4:46am On Aug 03, 2012

[b]1)Beaf
2)Billyonaire
3)Werepeleri
4)Johndoe100
5)Wesley80
6)Rasputinn
7)Jmaine
8}D-explorer
9)Ifihearam
10)Dedeike
11)Mandelaguy
12)BlackPikin
13)Elueme
[/b]14)Okija_Juju
15)Alphabet43
16)Relax101
17)PointB
18)Omexonomy
19)Dele.Ahmed
20)Super1759
21)Olanlere11
22)Bubadaniel13
23)1800BC
24)Murphy T
25)FJ Cruiser
26)Camilla247
27)Berabera
28)Princenayo
29)Hammed Sodiqq
30)Apala911
31)Walecole74
32)Stallion77
33)Kasiem
34)Oiseworld
35)Frank-C
36)Chima12
37)Maxymilliano
38)Kunle j
39)Gregg 2
40)Stine b

No wonder! This beaf, abi na nama sef, na coconut head him get.
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by phildon: 5:01am On Aug 03, 2012
This govt sef. Everything about them is daft. The president should simply tell the court that BH disorganised his govt. So that the court will now sumorn BH and possibly jail him for life. Abi?
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by Nobody: 7:17am On Aug 03, 2012
Ah ah ah. Why is GEJ been attacked from all angles who has he stepped on his toes?.

This guys are working very hard from all angles to distract GEJ ever since he took power it has been from one distraction to another. Tufiakwa. Where was this lawyers during OBJ's Tenure
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by Pukkah: 8:07am On Aug 03, 2012
Katsumoto:

No one is infallible but it's good once in a while to point out the errors of those who see themselves as having 'logical minds and articulated' (sic) while others are inferior. I pointed out his errors to him to yank him out of arrogance and boastfulness. Wise and humble people know well enough not to declare themselves as superior to others.

D-Explorer:

Dude, the point is, you and your likes should not in any position get the attention of logical minds and articulated fellow like us. You suddenly seem to be an amok because i told you i was busy. Oh i'm sorry, if getting down on this topic will put a smile of your face, BRING IT ON!!!

No matter how I hard I tried, he continued with personal attacks and insult-throwing just so that he could derail the thread. He did not for once address any of the issues raised. Even up till now, he has not.
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by phildon: 8:31am On Aug 03, 2012
gboss4sure: Ah ah ah. Why is GEJ been attacked from all angles who has he stepped on his toes?.

This guys are working very hard from all angles to distract GEJ ever since he took power it has been from one distraction to another. Tufiakwa. Where was this lawyers during OBJ's Tenure
As regards fiscal responibility, OBJ was a guru. His tenure cleared our debts with Paris Club while he left over 32 billion dollars in our foreign reserve. Just compare that with what is happening at the moment. If Ebele still has concience, he should resign.
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by DExplorer1: 9:43am On Aug 03, 2012
Pukkah:

No one is infallible but it's good once in a while to point out the errors of those who see themselves as having 'logical minds and articulated' (sic) while others are inferior. I pointed out his errors to him to yank him out of arrogance and boastfulness. Wise and humble people know well enough not to declare themselves as superior to others.

No matter how I hard I tried, he continued with personal attacks and insult-throwing just so that he could derail the thread. He did not for once address any of the issues raised. Even up till now, he has not.
Dude, i use words the way i want it to be used. Your lack of opinion shouldn't make you clueless to that extent of picking my lines esp when it not on the matter at hand. You and that ACN addict gbawe did that and it was obvious you both can't hit the topic with me when i said BRING IT ON. Don't forget, when a man has strong weapons in his vaults, he could call for war.

Gbawe: .
I've never seen you so clueless and dumb, are you out of the polity? Dude, you don't need to hide under people's comment to express your shallow-mind. Ok. The subject is "GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts". Lets have some quality discussions and that will bring you back on track. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by phildon: 11:17am On Aug 03, 2012
D-Explorer:

Dude, i use words the way i want it to be used. Your lack of opinion shouldn't make you clueless to that extent of picking my lines esp when it not on the matter at hand. You and that ACN addict gbawe did that and it was obvious you both can't hit the topic with me when i said BRING IT ON. Don't forget, when a man has strong weapons in his vaults, he could call for war.

I've never seen you so clueless and dumb, are you out of the polity? Dude, you don't need to hide under people's comment to express your shallow-mind. Ok. The subject is "GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts". Lets have some quality discussions and that will bring you back on track. Cheers!
But must somebody be ACN to point out the ills of a gvt?
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by Katsumoto: 12:56pm On Aug 03, 2012
Pukkah:

My post was directed at D-Explorer who wrongly concluded that there was an error with my post. I merely stated that no one was infallible; meaning I wasn't above mistakes and then proceeded to tell him there was nothing wrong with the construct of my statement.
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by bitterpill: 1:44pm On Aug 03, 2012
D-Explorer:

why are you behaving like a grumpy, frustrated person?Cant you see you are the one that is clueless? you and your friends have refused to address the state of the economy. all you do is distraction and abuse.
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by Boblegacy10: 2:58pm On Aug 03, 2012
From the onset, I knew GEJ would never measure up to the teeming Nigerians' expectations in terms of performance.
When he was at the helm of affairs in his state, he limited posting of all the corpers to schools and reduced the state allowance to 3k for Yenagoa, 4k for outside the state capital and 5k to those across the water from 10k,10k and 15k respectively in his predecessor's regime despite that there was no meaningful project from the federal allocation that was ten times that of populous Lagos. Anyway, no regret for voting him as we are now wiser. No more voting out of compassion for whosoever claim to be marginalized but for the technocrat with good track records.
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by DExplorer1: 5:49pm On Aug 03, 2012
phildon: But must somebody be ACN to point out the ills of a gvt?

It takes someone out of this progressive administration to criticize that strongly. I don't give a damn what party they belong.

bitterpill:

why are you behaving like a grumpy, frustrated person?Cant you see you are the one that is clueless? you and your friends have refused to address the state of the economy. all you do is distraction and abuse.
You want me to address the state of the economy and you said am clueless? LOL. Besides, a bitterpill can't be more frustrating than the way you just did.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Needs $700 Million To Upgrade Refineries – Kachikwu / Ralph Uwazuruike Endorses Bianca Ojukwu For Senate / Eight Assembly Remains Most Audacious Despite Challenges – Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.