Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies (23518 Views)

Dangote Group Massive Graduates And Exp. Job Recruitment / Japaul Group Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by jude33084(m): 2:59pm On Aug 02, 2012
tongue
ogbeche77: Yes! I'm now convinced the country is finished, the only thing left in Nigeria is it name... I don't get this... Bsc truck drivers?

cheesy cheesy cheesy

♍e don apply oh! tongue
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by yuzedo: 3:05pm On Aug 02, 2012
Debeloved87:
guy,use ur head and n
ot your tummy,this is absolutely barbaric, what future does a truck driver have. How can he be able to think and forge ahead his life and career when on another mans wheel and all he is thinking his how he is goin to make it in delivering goods to the boko haram states. Dangote should invite less graduates students or even illeterates for this kind of job and provide an entrepreneural organisation and leadership unit for graduates where graduates can learn, develop themselves,and obtain loan to start any business that is able to standardize the staggering economy of our beloved country...sooner than later he might call for your professors that taught you in school to come and take up cleaning job in his company...so barbaric

Very well. Let me ask you a question, if the Queen asks you to come and be her personal driver. . Nay, that one too far, if you are offered position as official driver to the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria with job security (i.e. Your position is guaranteed regardless of change of President) will you take it?

Wake up to the reality that is life. The driver of the President is more powerful than a level 15 Civil Servant with juicy perks to boot! Jobs we look down on in Nigeria; Plumber, Mason, Electrician, Painter, etc are well-paid in Jand. Abi if a plumber is hungry you think he can afford Chelsea season-ticket?? My brother, there is dignity in labor. Would you rather sit at home and blame government for your unemployment or start from being a well-paid driver and make the most of the situation? Lets face it, you are more concerned about the stigma of being labelled a "common driver" than you are Career Progression.

I'm sure they've thought this through. As a graduate in this scheme you will handle easy tasks/routes/vehicles until u progress to more demanding schedules (more responsibility, more pay) and your appointment may culminate in becoming an instructor. Dangote has nothing to lose paying N50,000 to SSCE holders as opposed to the N80,000 they'll likely start you off on. Personally, i'd rather do this with pride than beg my parents, siblings, friends, relatives for money at my age.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 02, 2012
It’s only in Nigeria that you’ll find 25 year olds who’ve have never worked a day in their lives, still eating food from their mamma’s pot yet whose idea of a befitting job is sitting in air conditioned offices pinging. People need to get real and stop this attitude of carrying CVs about doing 25k jobs. There’s dignity in labour and no shame in working hard for your pay.

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by Originakalokalo(m): 3:08pm On Aug 02, 2012
I have apllied.
Profile:HND Distinction,PGD 4.2/5.0 kaduna poly and futminna respectively.masters in view.all in mechanical engineering.i have been jobless becos of no connection.life has been very difficult,poverty has been my problem.do you have a problem with that?then get me a job.I AM TIRED OF STAYIN AT HOME.

5 Likes

Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by occam(m): 3:10pm On Aug 02, 2012
Debeloved87:
guy,use ur head and n
ot your tummy,this is absolutely barbaric, what future does a truck driver have. How can he be able to think and forge ahead his life and career when on another mans wheel and all he is thinking his how he is goin to make it in delivering goods to the boko haram states. Dangote should invite less graduates students or even illeterates for this kind of job and provide an entrepreneural organisation and leadership unit for graduates where graduates can learn, develop themselves,and obtain loan to start any business that is able to standardize the staggering economy of our beloved country...sooner than later he might call for your professors that taught you in school to come and take up cleaning job in his company...so barbaric

Every man/woman has to take charge of his/her own destiny. Driving is not a great career but man must wack o. Where are the jobs in Naija? I'm sure some graduate would have applied if he didn't ask for University graduates. Country tough o and opportunities are few.

I feel very sad for so many graduates in Nigeria. Things need to change
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by Exponental(m): 3:11pm On Aug 02, 2012
I think I will apply......... No knowledge is a waste, I can add it 2 my CV n maybe a haulage consultant in future or invest in it later.
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by redsun(m): 3:12pm On Aug 02, 2012
They got to do something. Jobs dont come from thin air. One way or the other,it will help improve their IQ as nigerian graduate,give them to live for and aswell as improve the standard of trucking and logistics on nigerian congested networks.
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by megachuks(m): 3:13pm On Aug 02, 2012
Abeg half bread is better than none.
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by Chinoanyi(m): 3:16pm On Aug 02, 2012
I tinks its goin 2b a gud job al d same but I dnt tink at dat I can drive n aticulated vihicle,I already told my frien abot dis n he s intrested,all d best 2d aplicant, dis one u go take panadol all tru d job grin
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by AjanleKoko: 3:16pm On Aug 02, 2012
I think it's a great opportunity for Nigerian youths, most of whom have never worked a day in their lives, to come out from hiding behind useless certificates, and get some quality experience and responsibility. That will help to shape their bodies and minds, and enable them to appreciate the value of hard work and a honest day's pay.
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by fankasibe: 3:17pm On Aug 02, 2012
Debeloved87: This is incredibly insane, did i studied in the university for a good number of years just to become a truck driver, dangote must be having a brain tumour to look down on graduates like this, this vacancy for graduate its a complete shame and embarrassment to the Nigeria educational system..Dangote should be jailed for this..and however let him, his wife and children go for their stupid training and drive their on truck on the deathtrap nigerian roads..mteew
if they will pay me 200,000 monthly i will gladly slap my stupid boss and tell him 'u ar fired'

1 Like

Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 02, 2012
with the high rate of employment in Nigeria, I would advise any one with no job to grab it. Aslong as you can afford to stay away from your family for quite some time. You might also find yourself in Europe or America,the job pays well there.

The only bad condition to this job is the Nigerian risk involved i.e bad roads and armed robbery on the highways.
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by occam(m): 3:20pm On Aug 02, 2012
searay: So with my B.Agric, i go apply? Na lie. Instead, I go join politics or MEND/BH equivalent

why not buy improved seed varieties from IITA, get a land and start farming. And if you studied animal husbandry set up a poultry or goat rearing. Politics? SMH
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by occam(m): 3:22pm On Aug 02, 2012
AjanleKoko: I think it's a great opportunity for Nigerian youths, most of whom have never worked a day in their lives, to come out from hiding behind useless certificates, and get some quality experience and responsibility. That will help to shape their bodies and minds, and enable them to appreciate the value of hard work and a honest day's pay.

Well said. Working is good for the body & mind.
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by fankasibe: 3:24pm On Aug 02, 2012
Many of u on dis NairaLand ar vexing me......common 20,000 u neva get and u still dey degrade ur dangote driving opportunity.
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by JimmyBoy1: 3:25pm On Aug 02, 2012
The difference between all you guys that feel insulted by Dangote is that you are all comentators while Dangote is an entreprenau. It is a world of difference.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by LeJeun3: 3:28pm On Aug 02, 2012
Its only in Nigeria that truckers are looked down on!
Leave the shores of this country and you'll know that even to drive your car requires special skills not to talk of trucks.
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by anyhow123: 3:29pm On Aug 02, 2012
kind of funny grin
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by LeJeun3: 3:30pm On Aug 02, 2012
fankasibe:
if they will pay me 200,000 monthly i will gladly slap my stupid boss and tell him 'u ar fired'
As of yesterday a trip(PHC-Kano) wif a truck load is valued at about 250k.
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by jude33084(m): 3:31pm On Aug 02, 2012
occam:

why not buy improved seed varieties from IITA, get a land and start farming. And if you studied animal husbandry set up a poultry or goat rearing. Politics? SMH

Τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ guy thinks that politics is ∂ career undecided

H̲̅€ should go into poultry or fishery grin it pays well in Benin wink
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by searay(m): 3:32pm On Aug 02, 2012
occam:

i'll gladly take a loan of 200K. This is my email: savkifas4c@yahoo.com
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by jude33084(m): 3:33pm On Aug 02, 2012
LeJeun3:
As of yesterday a trip(PHC-Kano) wif a truck load is valued at about 250k.

[size=20pt] See business![/size]. grin
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by deenee: 3:34pm On Aug 02, 2012
There is nothing wrong with the job on offer. For starters, the pay is around 120k per month and which graduates are we referring to here? The ones that cannot even put together a simple and coherent sentence? I am sure that a lot of those screaming "blue murder" will perform woefully at the aptitude test. Besides, it is an academy which implies that not all will eventually end being drivers. Some people if successful will be become facilitators whilst other will fill other roles.

If people are complaining here, what about sales and distribution coys that give big vans to their employees who are 'graduates' by the way to distribute goods and services?

I think the word graduate has become overrated in Nigeria!

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by Debeloved87(m): 3:35pm On Aug 02, 2012
bisi16:
Are you, or government providing any job? Abeg give the man credit joor!
unhn...i wont only give him credit, i will give him airtime, airtime to use his brain to think of how he is going to aid the nigerian graduates in developing themselves and contributing to the development of this country...US is already a developed states so their graduates can settle to serve at the bar while they wait for greater opportunities..the fact that you are a graduate driver doesnt guarantee that you wont behave as an illiterate on the road...one person cant do it alone, we all need to stand up develop ourselves to develop this country not by becoming a truck driver.
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by searay(m): 3:37pm On Aug 02, 2012
Tadup: he should have offered for more decent position. Such as bsc truck supervisors, bsc truck tracking officers etc.
i would hv finished applying by now
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by xyloxloto(m): 3:38pm On Aug 02, 2012
Word of advice to you all you better start applying and keep your pride and ego aside and stop running your mouths dangote has given some of you a leverage out of your poverty and suffering life style you have to start from somewhere in life instead of depending on those Degrees of yours that gets devalued every day as you grow with age .
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by anyhow123: 3:40pm On Aug 02, 2012
Donalð Genes: Na waoooooo
what abou qraduate qateman
wey the job wey u create?
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by searay(m): 3:43pm On Aug 02, 2012
tayejay: There's nothing wrong wit des offers. Its better dan having des graduates partake in crime. After all, we see Nigerian graduates, males and females do dis in d western countries. Our graduates should b encouraged rather dan looked dwn on, 2 take up any opportunity, they are usually meant 2 b stepping stones and dis will promote disciplines on our roads and reduce rate of accidents. Remember, an idle mind is d devils abode and anyone who doesn't wrk will nt eat.
better how? When there'll be amnesty
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by redsun(m): 3:53pm On Aug 02, 2012
occam:

I wonder! He can take up the offer,save up some money,buy the equipments u suggested and set tjp his own small scale business.

Staying for long without a paid job is demoralizing and brain numbing,while the reverse is the case even with a low paid job.
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by Nobody: 3:55pm On Aug 02, 2012
jude33084: tongue

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Me don apply oh! tongue
Congrats oooo....
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by chucky234(m): 3:57pm On Aug 02, 2012
Graduate drivers? That's an amazing offer for lazy graduates,guys what are you waiting naw?
Can't stop laughing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Innoson Motors Recruiting 3000 Employees / Ernst And Young Calling For Aptitude Test 2012 / This Is How Job Interviews Are Supposed To Be.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.