Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Tricycles To Replace 'okada' In Bayelsa By August - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tricycles To Replace 'okada' In Bayelsa By August (7570 Views)

Governor Fayose Spotted Riding Okada In Ekiti (photos) / Fake INEC Official Arrested In Famgbe, Bayelsa By The Police (Photo) / Oritsejafor Donates Cars, Tricycles To The Less Priviledged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tricycles To Replace 'okada' In Bayelsa By August by mukina2: 7:28am On Aug 02, 2012
The The Commissioner for Transport in Bayelsa State, Marie Ebikake has said that that tricycles will be provided in the next two weeks to enhance the state’s public transportation. She said that the banning of commercial motorcycles(Okada) in Bayelsa state by the state government has been extended to the end of August, 2012.
Ebikake explained that the extension was for motorcyclists to find other jobs.
The state governor, Mr Seriake Dickson had recently blamed motorcycle operators as part of the criminal activities and accidents in the state.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/latest/42191--tricycles-to-replace-motorcycles-in-bayelsa-by-august

2 Likes

Re: Tricycles To Replace 'okada' In Bayelsa By August by Pukkah: 7:58am On Aug 02, 2012
I expected the state government to take advantage of the compact size of the capital and the resources at its disposal to come up with a modern, integrated transport system. This is the time to do it before the state capital becomes unwieldy and it gets too late.

1 Like

Re: Tricycles To Replace 'okada' In Bayelsa By August by Biggyd2: 8:03am On Aug 02, 2012
Most of the keke drivers are former okada riders. Their problem is that when they drive, they still have the mentality that they are riding their okadas. So you see them weaving and squeezing through traffic like demented people. And if those things should bash your car, you go know how far! They need reorientation.

1 Like

Re: Tricycles To Replace 'okada' In Bayelsa By August by coolstride(f): 3:42pm On Aug 02, 2012
Long over due jor
Re: Tricycles To Replace 'okada' In Bayelsa By August by timpaker(m): 3:48pm On Aug 02, 2012
Somebody go hammer through this means cool cool cool...enough cash for that persin! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Tricycles To Replace 'okada' In Bayelsa By August by Nobody: 3:57pm On Aug 02, 2012
kiss
Re: Tricycles To Replace 'okada' In Bayelsa By August by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 02, 2012
What's the difference anyway? Just one tyre added and it becomes a tricycle! The mentality of the keke/okada riders will not change. Some of them need to be orientated including the ones in lagos. Nice idea though from the Bayelsa State Govt.
Re: Tricycles To Replace 'okada' In Bayelsa By August by disdorm(m): 4:06pm On Aug 02, 2012
let"s watch and see...... Okada was replaced in owerri with tricycles and now tricycles want to be replaced by taxis....na wah for government oh oh
Re: Tricycles To Replace 'okada' In Bayelsa By August by Reference(m): 4:12pm On Aug 02, 2012
berem: What's the difference anyway? Just one tyre added and it becomes a tricycle! The mentality of the keke/okada riders will not change. Some of them need to be orientated including the ones in lagos. Nice idea though from the Bayelsa State Govt.

Them three-wheelers don't have the same acceleration and guile as their two wheeled cousins. Much safer, but as pointed out now is the time to develop a proper mass transit network before population pressure forces their hands. Even if they cannot implement it now they can at least delineate passages into their town planning schemes to avoid costly compensation in years to come, the bane of mass transit schemes in Lagos and Portharcourt.
Re: Tricycles To Replace 'okada' In Bayelsa By August by Nobody: 4:20pm On Aug 02, 2012
good government. Pls when will Anambra replace bikes with motorcycles. There's nothing more annoying than waiting for these local bikes in Nnewi to pass before crossing a road
Re: Tricycles To Replace 'okada' In Bayelsa By August by mantote: 4:28pm On Aug 02, 2012
This is criminal and wicked.people feed on this bikes Moreover this bikes were given to the by sae political office holder
Re: Tricycles To Replace 'okada' In Bayelsa By August by Beaf: 4:39pm On Aug 02, 2012
Cities like Warri, Yenagoa and Lagos should have advanced water transport systems. These places are blessed with an abundance of creeks that couls take the place of roads. People, goods and services don't need to be transported by roads.

The Europes primary form of inland industrial transport used to be canals in the past, because several of its countries are as blessed with water as places like Lagos and the . At first transportation dowqn theses canals was powered with horse drawn boats, then steam and finally they developed enough industrially to build rail mass transit systems which have now taken over.
Some of those canals were even built over valleys! See one of the pics below.

We can do the same, it will cost next to nothing to develop our waterway s as compared to roads, rail and air. This is the cheapest and most obvious way forward to kill one of our most pressing obstacles to development.

Re: Tricycles To Replace 'okada' In Bayelsa By August by sylve11: 4:43pm On Aug 02, 2012
The aeriel view of these tricycles is what i hate the most. sad cool
Re: Tricycles To Replace 'okada' In Bayelsa By August by SisiKill1: 4:55pm On Aug 02, 2012
sylve11: The aeriel view of these tricycles is what i hate the most. sad cool

Abeg where are you seeing aerial view?

I can't see a single view of anything not to talk of aerial view.

I really wanna know what kinda tricycle they are talking about because when I think of Tricycle this is what comes to mind embarassed

Re: Tricycles To Replace 'okada' In Bayelsa By August by sylve11: 5:03pm On Aug 02, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

I really wanna know what kinda tricycle they are talking about because when I think of Tricycle this is what comes to mind embarassed

Please what's the name of this? cool

And pls do ur chopper' view, then come report to me. cool

Re: Tricycles To Replace 'okada' In Bayelsa By August by SisiKill1: 5:15pm On Aug 02, 2012

That's what I see when I do a google search of Tricycles
Re: Tricycles To Replace 'okada' In Bayelsa By August by DAY12(m): 5:33pm On Aug 02, 2012
Just search for KEKE NAPEP...google nor fit talk say e nor sabi ham angry
Re: Tricycles To Replace 'okada' In Bayelsa By August by SisiKill1: 5:41pm On Aug 02, 2012
Ah! Aerial View

[img]http://thewillnigeria.com/files.php?file=keke_napep__118727925.jpg[/img]

It's seems it's only in Nigeria they call it Keke Napep because all the publications that came up in google were from Naija.

So what is the real English name. . .I'm just curious. tongue
Re: Tricycles To Replace 'okada' In Bayelsa By August by Nobody: 5:54pm On Aug 02, 2012
Do ijaws live on land ? I thought they are the water tribe of Nigeria.Hence,they should live inside the creeks.
Re: Tricycles To Replace 'okada' In Bayelsa By August by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 02, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Tricycles To Replace 'okada' In Bayelsa By August by Beaf: 6:00pm On Aug 02, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Ah! Aerial View

It's seems it's only in Nigeria they call it Keke Napep because all the publications that came up in google were from Naija.

So what is the real English names. . .I'm just curious. tongue

Tricycle, love.
Re: Tricycles To Replace 'okada' In Bayelsa By August by emsquare(m): 6:45pm On Aug 02, 2012
Okay!
Re: Tricycles To Replace 'okada' In Bayelsa By August by dadicvila(m): 6:59pm On Aug 02, 2012
Just 1 straight Road from Igbogene to Swhali waterside,do they really need tricycles in yenagoa??seriake Dickson should think of building more roads,especially connecting yenagoa to other LG areas like Ekeremor,Sagbama and More communities in Southern Ijaw LG...The Ogbia-Nembe road should also be giving top priority...police presence and patrols should be increased in the main time to checkmate crime,anybody who knows yenagoa knows the city is too small and has just 1 major road so i wonder why okada should be banned
Re: Tricycles To Replace 'okada' In Bayelsa By August by Nobody: 7:03pm On Aug 02, 2012
I hope they will ban okada in Enugu state
Re: Tricycles To Replace 'okada' In Bayelsa By August by jude33084(m): 8:47pm On Aug 02, 2012
DAY11.:
Just search for KEKE NAPEP...google nor fit talk say e nor sabi ham angry

Hahaha cheesy cheesy
Re: Tricycles To Replace 'okada' In Bayelsa By August by MMM2(m): 10:08pm On Aug 02, 2012
Huh
Re: Tricycles To Replace 'okada' In Bayelsa By August by kaydibs(f): 3:28am On Aug 03, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Keke na pepe abi na pep is wat dey mean. U know those tiny yellow nd blue things dat are all over the place in owerri
Re: Tricycles To Replace 'okada' In Bayelsa By August by Murphy7h4: 4:02am On Aug 03, 2012
Much appreciated
Re: Tricycles To Replace 'okada' In Bayelsa By August by Nobody: 4:49am On Aug 03, 2012
Re: Tricycles To Replace 'okada' In Bayelsa By August by Pukkah: 6:48am On Aug 03, 2012
dadicvila: Just 1 straight Road from Igbogene to Swhali waterside,do they really need tricycles in yenagoa??seriake Dickson should think of building more roads,especially connecting yenagoa to other LG areas like Ekeremor,Sagbama and More communities in Southern Ijaw LG...The Ogbia-Nembe road should also be giving top priority...police presence and patrols should be increased in the main time to checkmate crime,anybody who knows yenagoa knows the city is too small and has just 1 major road so i wonder why okada should be banned

But you'll agree that, as small as Yenagoa is, the okadas have become a menace.
Re: Tricycles To Replace 'okada' In Bayelsa By August by sylve11: 7:41am On Aug 03, 2012
Pukkah:

But you'll agree that, as small as Yenagoa is, the okadas have become a menace.

The roads in bayelsa are just too tiny; make sure the roads r accomodatating enough then tricycle is the way to go. cool
Re: Tricycles To Replace 'okada' In Bayelsa By August by Pukkah: 8:00am On Aug 03, 2012
sylve11:

The roads in bayelsa are just too tiny; make sure the roads r accomodatating enough then tricycle is the way to go. cool

Bayelsa as a state should elevate its thinking above transport systems that depend on motor cycles or tricycles. Mind you, Isaac Boro way is not narrow and yet the 'okadas' are a menace on it.

The state government should build a city where things work out of the state capital.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Full List Of Niger Delta Tribes And Natural Resources (photo) / Oyingbo Bus Terminal Totally BRT Buses. Totally Destroyed. PICTURES. / #occupylekkitollgate: The Guy In The Middle Is Me - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.