Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,323 members, 7,819,105 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

What Is Destiny? (...a Divine Script?) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Destiny? (...a Divine Script?) (1172 Views)

What Is Destiny: Is There A Destiny And Can It Be Change? / Deepsight: Is Consciousness A Divine Attribute Or An Accident Of Evolution? / Compassion For Those With Suicidal Thoughts (from "a Divine Revelation Of Delive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Destiny? (...a Divine Script?) by Sirniyeh(m): 6:24am On Aug 03, 2012
A lot of heroes, visions, talents, ideas and aspirations have being ruined as a result of erroneous knowledge or indoctrinated hypothesis! My observation makes me to keep asking people that why are some people progressing and others stagnated? Why are some becoming wealthy why others are poor? Why are some died untimely while others live to their gray hair? Why are some born normal but some imbeciles? Why are some died a potential farmers but some bankers and politicians?
Brethren, the same answer i recieved is that, "it has been written to be so, that it is their destiny."
what a thought-provoking response! Is poverty a destiny? Is blindness and sudden death a destiny? Is sickness a destiny? This is where I'm confused.
Pls, hear this, a woman after 12years in marriage of no issue later got pregnant after a lot of trial and error. But on the day of delivery, the woman died while the baby was alive. On the burial day, the Iman (one man with bie-bie ...beard) told people that such encounter is the destiny of that woman, that it has been written for her to be so.
Yee pa ah! What a mystery! Pls my colleagues on NL, who wrote such destiny? Is destiny a script for mankind to actualise? Is God so wicked to write such destiny for HIS IMAGE?
Pls, age they say does not speak wisdom where there is no ........
Is the Iman right? What does quran or bible say about destiny?
Most importantly, the condition you find yourself now, is it your destiny?
The world awaits to learn from you!
Re: What Is Destiny? (...a Divine Script?) by admajorem: 7:30am On Aug 03, 2012
Any bad things dat occour, people (mostly Africans) ascribe it 2 faith and d divine. Its bad. People ar confused about what 2 call destiny. A man will go 4 rubbery if shot dead on d process, dey say dat is his destiny (dey, -me). A big lie. The fact is dat we cannot remove God and faith in God from destiny issue. Jeremiah 29:11 says d plan God has 4 us is for good, not evil. U also has d same plan 4 urself and God i know, cannot tell lie. Where then do the evil we encounter come from? What u sow is what u reap. Wen u reap bad, its probably evil contaminated ur sowing. Ie, d law of cause and effect. D will of God for u is ur destiny. Dat God permits evil dont mean He wills it. He permits Christ's death but didnt will it. Disz bcose dat wasnt His original plan. So, lets accept the plan of God for us as our destiny.
Re: What Is Destiny? (...a Divine Script?) by nyameke: 4:10pm On Aug 03, 2012
OP you are confusing destiny with Fate. Bad thing and events happening to people has nothing to do with your destiny but fate.
No one gets to choose his destiny but everyone gets to choose his fate. You get to choose whether your ending is good or bad, and whether your experience is good or bad based on the thoughts and choices you make..

Everyone’s destiny is always good. Choosing to follow your life’s purpose will always bring you to a place of glory, happiness and perfection.
Re: What Is Destiny? (...a Divine Script?) by Sirniyeh(m): 1:26pm On Aug 04, 2012
It-s like english is turning our brain upside down. Is destiny different from fate? Na wa for english dictionary. Ok, translate destiny and fate in your language...yoruba, igbo and hausa
Re: What Is Destiny? (...a Divine Script?) by nyameke: 5:39pm On Aug 04, 2012
No lack of understanding and knowledge is turning your brain upside down.. And yes there is a difference between the two don't confuse it. If you want to engage and learn do that trying to be smart ass iant gonna help you..
Re: What Is Destiny? (...a Divine Script?) by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 04, 2012
Destiny is a result of your actions. Man creates his destiny. I don't believe destiny is pre-ordained...
Re: What Is Destiny? (...a Divine Script?) by Sirniyeh(m): 6:34pm On Aug 04, 2012
musKeeto: Destiny is a result of your actions. Man creates his destiny. I don't believe destiny is pre-ordained...

muske-muske, you are too much! You are on the track. I give you pass mark. 50% score.
Re: What Is Destiny? (...a Divine Script?) by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 04, 2012
If destiny is pre-ordained, then, in my mind, it throws all sense of responsibility out the window.. I choose to hold myself accountable for the actions I take on earth.

FATE/DESTINY are bullshit to me..
Re: What Is Destiny? (...a Divine Script?) by nyameke: 6:49pm On Aug 04, 2012
musKeeto: Destiny is a result of your actions. Man creates his destiny. I don't believe destiny is pre-ordained...
you got it the other way around bro..Your destiny is pre ordained while your fate are your choices to put it simple

Most people have no idea what their destiny are and go throughout life searching for their destinies yet all along it has been right in front of them. They don't realise this until the time when they die..

Btw why do you think Destiny is not pre ordained and what exactly do you think destinies are?
Re: What Is Destiny? (...a Divine Script?) by Sirniyeh(m): 7:29pm On Aug 04, 2012
The author of this thread asked several question. Why are some progressing and others not? What some barren and others not? Why some are stinkingly rich and some abjectly poor? Is it destiny? Is those situation preordained?
Re: What Is Destiny? (...a Divine Script?) by nyameke: 7:51pm On Aug 04, 2012
^^^ you are just confused I have already told you non of the examples you gave is Destiny.. They are all fates and not pre ordained.. No one is pre ordained to be rich or poor..

(1) (Reply)

*unbelievable Facts* / God Made Man To Sin By Design Knowing He Will Sin And Fall / God Continues To Keep Us In Awe Of Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.