Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Everybody Hates Chris! - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Everybody Hates Chris! (4291 Views)

Every Hates Chris / Exposed: Why FELA ANIKULAPO KUTI Hates Olusegun Obasanjo / Ola And Chris Are Leaving The BBA #stargame Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Everybody Hates Chris! by chiogo(f): 11:53pm On Dec 20, 2007
@poster, am even confused, what does d word "sitcom" mean?? I watch d show and i think it's shown weekly, it's a soap but i don't watch it every week 'cause it's shown on local channels and i mostly watch cable channels so i just watch it once in a while. Idk what u mean by season 1 or 2, it's done every week, i think.

@all, I don't know if it's based on chris rock's bio but he's d producer so that's probably right. d funny thin' bout that show is how those white kids bully chris at school. That is so like impossible that a white kid would bully a black kid. never seen that before but it's funny esp. d one where a kid shoved him into d locker and then another one asked for his lunch money while he was still styck in d locker and he passed it to him through d hole. That was hella funny!!

maryray:

u guys should try will smith in "the prince of bel air" i think its called
yup, that is my show!!! I watch it like everyday on tbs. man, will is mad funny!!
Re: Everybody Hates Chris! by saintkola(m): 9:45am On Dec 21, 2007
Itz Chris Rock' bio!
Re: Everybody Hates Chris! by iice(f): 1:27pm On Dec 21, 2007
Chiogo
Sitcom is situation comedy. . .
Shows come in seasons. . .seasons are set of episodes (amount of episodes differ from show to show), most shows have 22 to 24 episodes in a season. . .then the show goes on hiatus/break and then the next season starts after the break. The breaks also differ.
Also, considering the times and the school chris went to, it is understandable and very possible for him to be bullied. He was the only black kid in his school, even if he wanted to bully someone, he would jeopardize his education in that school.

There was this episode chris managed to switch schools (he hated his school coz he was always being bullied), he ended up in this inner state school, first day, just outside the school before he even stepped inside the hallway, he got bullied. He decided to go back to his old school cheesy cheesy Figured, he might as well get bullied somewhere he was already used to.

It is based loosely on Chris' life
Re: Everybody Hates Chris! by Bodiga(m): 9:16am On Dec 22, 2007
well I love the show, though it's been a while now that I saw it last.
Re: Everybody Hates Chris! by shashxxl(m): 8:43pm On Dec 22, 2007
i'm a lifelong fan and i just secured ticket for his first ever uk tour in january 2008 at hammersmith apollo, get to see him live !
Re: Everybody Hates Chris! by babyuj: 7:54pm On Dec 23, 2007
[flash=200,200][/flash] i dont know what u said about nigerian girls.but look baby uj is an exception of that ok?
u can reach out to her on letigirl2020@yahoo.com.see ya.
Re: Everybody Hates Chris! by chiogo(f): 8:36pm On Dec 23, 2007
@ iice, thanks a lot!!! It seems am d only one who doesn't know that Cuz i asked my brother and he said d same thin'. It's weird to me, why call it seasons instead of just doin' it straight?? too much complication. Lol, i never saw that episode u talked about, that's so funny!!!When we didn't have cable, my siblings and I used to watch it a lot but since we got cable, we rarely watch it. I love d show just my older siblings are always watchin' wrestlin' at d same it's played. it's a really funny show. everythin' boils down to him, chris, lol. Everybody really hates him.
Re: Everybody Hates Chris! by Raimond(m): 11:11am On Dec 24, 2007
Please who knows where i can get the complete season 2 on DVD sad
Re: Everybody Hates Chris! by Waxxy(m): 12:26am On Dec 25, 2007
Raimond:

Please who knows where i can get the complete season 2 on DVD sad

Good question abeg.
to all folks in the US, is it available on dvd already. i won't mind spending my last dime on that hilarious comedy.

Favourite character: Risky da supplier (that guy na Lagosian, lol),

PS:is Rochelle's friend/neighbour cute or what?
Re: Everybody Hates Chris! by saintkola(m): 10:51pm On Dec 25, 2007
U mean Sheila?
Re: Everybody Hates Chris! by iice(f): 1:39am On Dec 26, 2007
@Chiogo. . .
You're welcome. . .
Yeah sometimes it feels like it goes on straight, coz it'l be playing everyday and when they go on breaks, there are sometimes re-runs. Nah, almost all TV shows are in seasons. . .dunno about daytime soaps undecided

LOL @ Rochelle's neighbour, remember when Chris' dad was 'feeling' her and she was in their bathroom, he smacked her bum (thinking she was his wife) and when she turned, he was horrified grin grin grin He was seriously fearing his wife's reaction if she found out grin grin. What about her daughter? The one Chris likes. . .eyah but she had a thing for Drew grin grin
Re: Everybody Hates Chris! by chiogo(f): 6:20pm On Dec 27, 2007
@Raimond and Waxxy, it should be available.I don't know about naija/London but here in the US, you cld get them at any store that sells movies/electronics, etc. Like Best buy, Sears,etc.
Re: Everybody Hates Chris! by michaellez: 6:37pm On Dec 27, 2007
doesn't,it does't mean all nigeria thNigerianin uk work asUKorker in electronic ,do not think live that againt friagain is bad ,but u are a nigerian gNigeriansdy .pray 4 them who arein uk .remember u will get theretoo one day.u can mail me 2 talk more juwoncornerstonezz@rememberoo.com
see u later oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohum
Re: Everybody Hates Chris! by iice(f): 3:35am On Dec 28, 2007
michaellez:

doesn't,it does't mean all nigeria thNigerianin uk work asUKorker in electronic ,do not think live that againt friagain is bad ,but u are a nigerian gNigeriansdy .pray 4 them who arein uk .remember u will get theretoo one day.u can mail me 2 talk more juwoncornerstonezz@rememberoo.com
see u later oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohum

undecided undecided
Re: Everybody Hates Chris! by chiogo(f): 5:19pm On Dec 28, 2007
@iice, help me ask that person, pls. lipsrsealed
Re: Everybody Hates Chris! by robby1(m): 5:58pm On Dec 28, 2007
i like that guy thats always bothering chris like "Dude from across the street. lemme hold a dollar" grin and when he made chris drive his dads car to school. lol
Re: Everybody Hates Chris! by mukina2: 8:22pm On Dec 28, 2007
grin grin

My favourite show grin

iice:

LOL @ Rochelle's neighbour, remember when Chris' dad was 'feeling' her and she was in their bathroom, he smacked her bum (thinking she was his wife) and when she turned, he was horrified grin grin grin He was seriously fearing his wife's reaction if she found out grin grin. What about her daughter? The one Chris likes. . .eyah but she had a thing for Drew grin grin

i swear that lady scared the hell out of Julius grin grin . .Remember when Chris came home talking to his Dad about Drew and kiesha . his dad thought it was bout him and the lady grin grin that girl was mean to chris . after chris went too so much .getting his eyes sprayed by that old lady and stuff , she went and kissed Drew ,after chris had planned grin grin grin
Re: Everybody Hates Chris! by iice(f): 6:07am On Dec 29, 2007
Laydee. . .you dey watch this show too shocked grin grin
Ahahahahah indeed. . .he was heartbroken tongue
Re: Everybody Hates Chris! by ololade34(f): 2:29pm On Dec 29, 2007
I love this sitcom, especially the episode his dad bought tons of sausages and tanya refused to eat

@ shushu : it on on Five US 3pm weekdays, channel 180 on sky digital
Re: Everybody Hates Chris! by mukina2: 8:27pm On Dec 29, 2007
iice:

Laydee. . .you dey watch this show too shocked grin grin
Ahahahahah indeed. . .he was heartbroken tongue

haaaa grin i don change since na . the Tv is no more a piece of furniture

i do watch it . afterall its comedy grin grin

dont mind chris . grin
Re: Everybody Hates Chris! by mrpataki(m): 12:56am On Dec 30, 2007
Thats one good piece of funny show. If indeed it is truely based on Chris Rock's biography, he had one hell of a time growing up. grin
Re: Everybody Hates Chris! by tboy81(m): 9:00am On Dec 31, 2007
It's shown on hiMix (on hitv) 8PM on sundays.
Re: Everybody Hates Chris! by iice(f): 12:16pm On Dec 31, 2007
mukina2:

haaaa grin i don change since na . the Tv is no more a piece of furniture

i do watch it . afterall its comedy grin grin

don't mind chris . grin

Good. . .welcome to ma world tongue grin grin
what about the one where Chris broke Drew's arm LOL
Re: Everybody Hates Chris! by mellow(m): 12:27pm On Dec 31, 2007
Except me. Reason: I am indifferent to his presence.[/color][color=#990000]
Re: Everybody Hates Chris! by DatNiggaAk(m): 5:23pm On Dec 31, 2007
really nice sitcom
i watched the entire first season at a sitting(its in the market.pirated though)
to me,its rivalled only by "my name is earl" & "malcom in the middle"
Re: Everybody Hates Chris! by prncss(f): 7:37am On Jan 02, 2008
i Tivo (record)every episode of the show. it is hiliriors do you guys also watch "The Game" with Tia Mowry, dats another hilirious one
Re: Everybody Hates Chris! by spikedcylinder: 12:17pm On Jan 02, 2008
I like the show just a fair amount. I've seen a number of episodes in season one but its not exactly my cuppa. I guess i'm just more into slapstick comedy.
The show is cool but i prefer War at Home, anyone like that?
Re: Everybody Hates Chris! by Waxxy(m): 11:37pm On Jan 02, 2008
i also like the idea of Tanya always trying to get Chris in trouble, kinda reminds of how my younger brova used to make me get the blame for everything he does wrong.

i loved the episode where Chris came home late , and Tanya was very worried about him, just because she wanted to cut off her doll's hair and put d blame on him. thats crazy

i would have killed her if she were my sibling, grin
Re: Everybody Hates Chris! by saintkola(m): 5:49pm On Jan 03, 2008
Itz kool tho i prefer this show to it @ spiked
Re: Everybody Hates Chris! by drkchoclit(f): 4:37am On Jan 04, 2008
@ early question "Why is it called EVERYBODY HATES CHRIS"?

Because it's a play on words, at the time Chris Rock put out this show, another comedian Raymond Romano had the show "Everybody Loves Raymond". So Chris Rock just kind of played with the title.

Also, the little boy Chris is always getting into situations and he feels odd and out of place alot. The show is semi-autobiographical. Not everything happend to Chris Rock but he did go to a school like in the show, his mother IS named Rochelle, and a lot of what happens in the show is based on some things that Chris Rock went through.
Re: Everybody Hates Chris! by tocdee(m): 4:19pm On Jan 17, 2008
if you like Tchina Arnolds (Chris' Mom), then try getting a copy of the 'Martin' series/sitcom starring Martin Lawrence, though she was a lot younger there. Its old school but brilliant and I feel its better than Everyboby Hates Chis simply cos it's funny AND heart-warming.
Re: Everybody Hates Chris! by afomamyson(f): 11:34am On Jan 25, 2008
Its such an interesting and hilarious sitcom. I love each of them in their different roles. cool smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Inappropriate Sitting Position Of Adaora Onyechere. Photos / Cmtv's New Digital Decoder / Are Movies Depicting Primitive/village Life Better Than City Setting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.