Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? (11118 Views)

Meat Inscribed With "Allah" In Arabic, Seen In UI / Why Muslims Pray In Arabic? / Why Must The Muslims Pray Towards The East? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by Afam4eva(m): 5:58pm On Aug 03, 2012
Pls i don't mean no harm ya'll.

I just want to know why all muslims seem to pray in Arabic. Does it mean if you don't pray in Arabic, it makes you less a Muslim?? Why can't Yoruba muslims for example recite those surrah(i hope i'm right) in Yoruba or even English rather than Arabic. I'm saying this because it seems learning Islam also comes with another baggage(learning Arabic). I hope to hear from you guys.

1 Like

Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by Logicbwoy: 7:12pm On Aug 03, 2012
***silence*****

sad sad sad
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by LagosShia: 8:31pm On Aug 03, 2012
Logicbwoy: ***silence*****

sad sad sad

this topic has formerly being discussed before logicbwoy was born on nairaland with all his other handles.i was the one who opened the thread and i provided the link to an extensive study on the topic.

https://www.nairaland.com/574141/why-muslims-pray-arabic
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by Logicbwoy: 9:09pm On Aug 03, 2012
LagosShia:

this topic has formerly being discussed before logicbwoy was born on nairaland with all his other handles.i was the one who opened the thread and i provided the link to an extensive study on the topic.

https://www.nairaland.com/574141/why-muslims-pray-arabic

Nice thread.....even christians debunked you on this topic. Their attack was quite damaging to LagosShia;

[size=18pt]
"Why should we learn another man's language to know God? If God wanted me to learn Arabic, I would have been born in an Arabic speaking country"[/size]
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by LagosShia: 9:15pm On Aug 03, 2012
Logicbwoy:

Nice thread.....even christians debunked you on this topic. Their attack was quite damaging to LagosShia;

[size=18pt]
"Why should we learn another man's language to know God? If God wanted me to learn Arabic, I would have been born in an Arabic speaking country"[/size]

when you start writing igbo on nairaland,then i would take you serious on this topic.
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by Logicbwoy: 9:28pm On Aug 03, 2012
LagosShia:

when you start writing igbo on nairaland,then i would take you serious on this topic.

does not follow

[img]http://4.bp..com/-fN_DHh9hZYc/TcDGYuY5zyI/AAAAAAAAK9M/5SjcsMrLSss/s1600/face-palm-demotivational-poster-1233926135.jpg[/img]
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by Sweetnecta: 9:51pm On Aug 03, 2012
and the igbo boy learned english even before he started living in england.
i guess when he struggled to learn english in nigeria, the queen of england, etc said to him, if you wanna be functional in nigeria,
you must master the english language.

inherently, igbos have a better language and richer than english.

why is a person abandoning igbo language, then opted for the younger and much lighter english.
yet he says arabic language that ties people together in spirituality should not be accorded the same need to learn it as his learning english.
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by Logicbwoy: 10:45pm On Aug 03, 2012
See the muslim liars in the house?

Who told you guyz that I am ibo?

Taqiyah is a bad habit
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by LagosShia: 10:53pm On Aug 03, 2012
Logicbwoy: See the muslim liars in the house?

Who told you guyz that I am ibo?

Taqiyah is a bad habit

sharrap!

if you're not igbo,then you must be one tribe in nigeria with a local language.that is if you're truly nigerian.i have never come across an english man who originates from nigeria.

the difference between Nigerian Muslims and you is hypocrisy.Muslims are not hypocrites.we embrace arabic for religious use by our own free choice.we even endeavor to learn a language (arabic) that is strange to us by our own will.but people like you and including myself have to learn english from childhood without our consent and english is not our language.people like you even take pride in english more than their local languages they feel ashame to identify themselves with.

the reasons why muslims offer the obligatory prayers in arabic is basically for the sake of uniformity.a japanese,american,german,nigerian,saudi,iranian,turkish,malaysian and indian all can pray together as one body and understand what they are saying instead of offering the same prayer in different languages.there is also unity as one muslim ummah (nation).but your type have no just reason to offer for speaking english as an official language other than colonialism and a past full of humiliation.
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by Logicbwoy: 10:55pm On Aug 03, 2012
LagosShia:

sharrap!

if you're not igbo,then you must be one tribe in nigeria with a local language.that is if you're truly nigerian.i have never come across an english man who originates from nigeria.

the difference between Nigerian Muslims and you is hypocrisy.Muslims are not hypocrites.we embrace arabic for religious use with our own choice.we even endeavor to learn a language that is strange to us by our own will.but people like you and including myself have to learn english from childhood without our consent and english is not our language.people like you even take pride in english more than their local languages they feel ashame to identify themselves with.

the reasons why muslims offer the obligatory prayers in arabic is basically for the sake of uniformity.a japanese,american,german,nigerian,saudi,iranian,turkish,malaysian and indian all can pray together as one body and udnerstand what they are saying instead of offering the same prayer in different languages.there is also unity as one muslim ummah (nation).but your type have no just reason to offer for speaking english as an official language other than colonialism and a past full of humiliation.

All I aid was that I am not Igbo. Simple.....I'm from Niger-Delta.
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by LagosShia: 10:57pm On Aug 03, 2012
Logicbwoy:

All I aid was that I am not Igbo. Simple.....I'm from Niger-Delta.

shebi in niger-delta their language is queen's english? mumu!
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by Logicbwoy: 11:01pm On Aug 03, 2012
LagosShia:

shebi in niger-delta their language is queen's english? mumu!

Did I claim that?
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by LagosShia: 11:03pm On Aug 03, 2012
Logicbwoy:

Did I claim that?

you did not.but we are asking you to start using your language on nairaland to comminicate,if you want to object to others using arabic for worship for known reasons.

you see the sawdust in your brother's eye while you ignore the plank in your own eye.
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by Logicbwoy: 11:07pm On Aug 03, 2012
LagosShia:

you did not.but we are asking you to start using your language on nairaland to comminicate,if you want to object to others using arabic for worship for known reasons.

you see the sawdust in your brother's eye while you ignore the plank in your own eye.

Have you even heard of my Nigerian language? You do relaise that there are about 250 languages in Nigeria?
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by LagosShia: 11:09pm On Aug 03, 2012
Logicbwoy:
furthermore, for your information, I speak 2 non-Nigerian Languages as well.

You chose to speak/learn Arabic because you're an Arabic slave. Slave to an Arabic god.

I speak English out of convenience and common sense. If I were in Germany, I'd learn the main language- German.

we as Muslims also use arabic for convinience.you speak english because you're a christian and english slave.you are a double slave.

i can speak up to 7 languages even though not fluent in all.

Christians dont need to learn Hebrew to know the bible. Apparently, your God exists in only one language- Arabic.

and you see the result of their bible.each version is a mystery when compared to another.but for the muslims,there is only one Quran.

There is no need to learn Arabic if Islam is a truthful religion. Wha i in the Quran that can not be explained in English? Even Harry Potter can be learnt in any language.

the Quran is not a fairytale.

again,start communicating in your language.
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by LagosShia: 11:10pm On Aug 03, 2012
Logicbwoy:

Have you even heard of my Nigerian language? You do relaise that there are about 250 languages in Nigeria?

do you know Muslims are from all countries of the world? at least we are more organized (by choosing the language of the Quran) than your tiny niger-delta population that them alone have a dozen of languages among themselves.
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by Logicbwoy: 11:18pm On Aug 03, 2012
LagosShia:

do you know Muslims are from all countries of the world? at least we are more organized (by choosing the language of the Quran) than your tiny niger-delta population that them alone have a dozen of languages among themselves.

Do you know what happened to the first muslim in my village? lololol....he didnt last very long after repeatedly telling them that their food is not halal and their palm wine is forbidden....the same food and palm wine that their ancestors have been drinking since the dawn of time......the muslim disappeared mysteriously. I am willing to bet that he would have disappeared faster if he also told them to read Arabic. grin grin grin

On a serious note, I dont speak my local language because only few people in Nigeria/the world can speak it. There is no need unless a relative is around.
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by Logicbwoy: 11:20pm On Aug 03, 2012
LagosShia:

we as Muslims also use arabic for convinience.you speak english because you're a christian and english slave.you are a double slave.

i can speak up to 7 languages even though not fluent in all.

and you see the result of their bible.each version is a mystery when compared to another.but for the muslims,there is only one Quran.

the Quran is not a fairytale.

again,start communicating in your language.

Your propaganda is useless. Moses didnt speak Arabic, neither did Jesus. If God wanted Arabic to be the language of Islam, most of its prophets would have spoken Arabic. How many prophets in the Quran speak Arabic?
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by LagosShia: 11:31pm On Aug 03, 2012
Logicbwoy:

Your propaganda is useless. Moses didnt speak Arabic, neither did Jesus. If God wanted Arabic to be the language of Islam, most of its prophets would have spoken Arabic. How many prophets in the Quran speak Arabic?

Holy Quran 14:4
"And We did not send any messenger except [speaking] in the language of his people to state clearly for them, and Allah sends astray [thereby] whom He wills and guides whom He wills. And He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise".

Holy Quran 21:107
"And We have not sent you, [O Muhammad], except as a mercy to all creations".

Holy Quran 3:110
"You (Muslims) are the best nation produced [as an example] for mankind. You enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong and believe in Allah . If only the People of the Scripture had believed, it would have been better for them. Among them are believers, but most of them are defiantly disobedient".
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by Logicbwoy: 12:00am On Aug 04, 2012
LagosShia:

Holy Quran 14:4
"And We did not send any messenger except [speaking] in the language of his people to state clearly for them, and Allah sends astray [thereby] whom He wills and guides whom He wills. And He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise".

Holy Quran 21:107
"And We have not sent you, [O Muhammad], except as a mercy to all creations".

Holy Quran 3:110
"You (Muslims) are the best nation produced [as an example] for mankind. You enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong and believe in Allah . If only the People of the Scripture had believed, it would have been better for them. Among them are believers, but most of them are defiantly disobedient".

Could you explain the reason why you put these verses up?
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by LagosShia: 12:02am On Aug 04, 2012
Logicbwoy:

Could you explain the reason why you put these verses up?

if you do not also understand the verses in english,then do you expect me to put them up in your language? it is like you understand nothing! undecided
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by Logicbwoy: 12:04am On Aug 04, 2012
LagosShia:

if you do not also understand the verses in english,then do you expect me to put them up in your language? it is like you understand nothing! undecided

When I quote verses that suggest wife beating, Iam told that I am taking things out of context. Even some Islamic scholars have agreed that wife beating is in the Quran. I want you to put your own interpretation.
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by LagosShia: 12:23am On Aug 04, 2012
Logicbwoy:

When I quote verses that suggest wife beating, Iam told that I am taking things out of context. Even some Islamic scholars have agreed that wife beating is in the Quran. I want you to put your own interpretation.

those verses i presented to you are explicit verses and not are mistranslated or misinterpreted.there is no need in them to interpret anything.
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by Saintparis1: 11:23am On Aug 04, 2012
Islam is nothing
but Arab nationalism in the disguise of
religion. Anybody from any foreign land
convert to Islam also needs to adopt/
change his dress and cultural habits,
which is nothing but Arab national
dress and Arab culture. A devout
Bangladeshi, Chinese or a Burmese
convert to Islam will pretend to be a
good Muslim by wearing Arab garb or
hijab for women, even though his/her
own national dress is not at all similar to
Arab national dress. Muslims also follow
very strict food codes. Unlike other
religious groups, Muslims can not eat
western most hygienically produced
meat products. Muslims need to eat so
called un-hygienically produced halal
meat. Convert Muslims even need to
learn Arabic for daily rituals of Islam.
They are not allowed to pray in their
own mother tongue. Result is they do
not know what they are praying. But
unlike Muslim convert, Hindu, Christian
or Jewish converts do not need to
forsake their own national dress code or
languages.

1 Like

Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by Afam4eva(m): 1:19pm On Aug 04, 2012
Saint paris: Islam is nothing
languages.
This is the best answer so far.
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by Logicbwoy: 1:39pm On Aug 04, 2012
afam4eva:
This is the best answer so far.

Seconded
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by LagosShia: 1:43pm On Aug 04, 2012
Saint paris: Islam is nothing
languages.

First let me ask you:are you writing in Arabic? Or are you writing in a Nigerian language?or is it not the language of the colonialist and the missionaries you’re using as the official language in Nigeria?it is english you are using to communicate,isn't that so?

Secondly, who lied to you that African Muslims are obliged to wear arab dress?

Africans are not obliged to wear Arab dress. also, all the agbadas and traditional African dresses that African Muslims wear, are those Arab dresses?

If I may also ask, why do Christians wear suits to churches and their places of worship? If at all, African Muslims wear traditional African dresses more than their Christian brothers do.

Let me show you how African muslim heads of states dress and how arab heads of states dress in arab dress:

[img]http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/FILE+Nigerian+President+Umaru+Yar+Adua+Dies+34Vf2KS-XRUl.jpg[/img]

Aside from that,let me also show you how african christian clerics dress and copy the westerners and please you should tell me if those dresses that christian clerics wear are african dresses:

[img]http://2.bp..com/-8LaabnpvVq4/TV9BYP8AtmI/AAAAAAAAAVU/OBBuInKfqKY/s175/100_0882.JPG[/img]

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_e1MVsg47df3LFbT6geYrWRw2S8cUpitKukjgLEiE1z-qt2rzXw&t=1[/img]

For me to show you that african muslims are more proud of their culture,let me show you a picture of Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky a prominent Nigeria Shia-Muslim scholar who wore agbada on many occassions alongside the scholar outfit in other occassions:

Here is the regular dress of Shia Muslim scholars wore by a non-arab iranian scholar and leader of the iranian islamic revolution,Ayatollah Khomeini:

[img]http://previous.presstv.ir/photo/20110602/reportint20110602173138513.jpg[/img]

Now,let us go to the sunni muslim scholars and compare how africans of the sunni side dress and how their sunni arab counterparts dress in the regular outfits:

[img]http://1.bp..com/_bE5TG3vlj9Q/TUiq8N_UGrI/AAAAAAAAAZM/FBlmYKy9fdE/s1600/yusuf_qaradawi.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.saudigazette.com.sa/myfiles/Images/2010/02/06/na08-big.jpg[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/_M7i5Z_VU4WM/S0bleikV_vI/AAAAAAAAAMk/E9OvdzLA4E4/s400/Mufti+Sheikh+Mohammed+Rashid+Qabbani.jpg[/img]

2 Likes

Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by CLIQBOY(m): 4:39pm On Aug 04, 2012
LagosShia:

First let me ask you:are you writing in Arabic? Or are you writing in a Nigerian language?or is it not the language of the colonialist and the missionaries you’re using as the official language in Nigeria?it is english you are using to communicate,isn't that so?

Secondly, who lied to you that African Muslims are obliged to wear arab dress?

Africans are not obliged to wear Arab dress. also, all the agbadas and traditional African dresses that African Muslims wear, are those Arab dresses?

If I may also ask, why do Christians wear suits to churches and their places of worship? If at all, African Muslims wear traditional African dresses more than their Christian brothers do.

Let me show you how African muslim heads of states dress and how arab heads of states dress in arab dress:

[img]http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/FILE+Nigerian+President+Umaru+Yar+Adua+Dies+34Vf2KS-XRUl.jpg[/img]

Aside from that,let me also show you how african christian clerics dress and copy the westerners and please you should tell me if those dresses that christian clerics wear are african dresses:

[img]http://2.bp..com/-8LaabnpvVq4/TV9BYP8AtmI/AAAAAAAAAVU/OBBuInKfqKY/s175/100_0882.JPG[/img]

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_e1MVsg47df3LFbT6geYrWRw2S8cUpitKukjgLEiE1z-qt2rzXw&t=1[/img]

For me to show you that african muslims are more proud of their culture,let me show you a picture of Sheikh Ibrahim Zakzaky a prominent Nigeria Shia-Muslim scholar who wore agbada on many occassions alongside the scholar outfit in other occassions:

Here is the regular dress of Shia Muslim scholars wore by a non-arab iranian scholar and leader of the iranian islamic revolution,Ayatollah Khomeini:

[img]http://previous.presstv.ir/photo/20110602/reportint20110602173138513.jpg[/img]

Now,let us go to the sunni muslim scholars and compare how africans of the sunni side dress and how their sunni arab counterparts dress in the regular outfits:

[img]http://1.bp..com/_bE5TG3vlj9Q/TUiq8N_UGrI/AAAAAAAAAZM/FBlmYKy9fdE/s1600/yusuf_qaradawi.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.saudigazette.com.sa/myfiles/Images/2010/02/06/na08-big.jpg[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/_M7i5Z_VU4WM/S0bleikV_vI/AAAAAAAAAMk/E9OvdzLA4E4/s400/Mufti+Sheikh+Mohammed+Rashid+Qabbani.jpg[/img]
best answer so far..loginboy talk nah

1 Like

Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by Logicbwoy: 4:53pm On Aug 04, 2012
CLIQBOY: best answer so far..loginboy talk nah

See this cheerleader. Did you notice that LagosShia did not put pictures of burkhas? Are turbans part of Nigerian culture?
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by LagosShia: 10:05pm On Aug 04, 2012
Logicbwoy:

See this cheerleader. Did you notice that LagosShia did not put pictures of burkhas? Are turbans part of Nigerian culture?

my friend,our women too observe the hijab in african style.you can only deny that if you have never being to Nigeria.

turban is not an arab dress either.arabs like those in saudi arabia do not even use turban.turban is an islamic symbol of authority and knowledge.when a Muslim scholar puts turban,that is to signify knowledge.usually we Shia Muslims refer to the turban as "the turban of the Prophet's (sa) knowledge".

get your facts straight and dont let prejudice blind you.
Re: Why Do All Muslims Pray In Arabic?? by DevotedOne(m): 1:28am On Aug 05, 2012
Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim. Ramadhan Mubarak! As salaamu alaikum.

Just to remind everyone that we should be @ peace with each other during this blessed time.

Wa salaam. DevotedOne

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Different Lengths of Day for Ramadan Fast Around the World / Call Sheik Dahiru Bauchi To Order / Can the Imam Stand Higher Than Those Behind Him for Prayer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.