Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,974 members, 7,814,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Blessing Okagbare Wins Heat 4 Of Olympics 100M Race - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Blessing Okagbare Wins Heat 4 Of Olympics 100M Race (20216 Views)

Okagbare Wins Gold In Shanghai / BREAKING! Morocco 2014: Okagbare Wins Nigeria’s First Gold Medal / Blessing Okagbare Wins 200m Gold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins Heat 4 Of Olympics 100M Race by phraze(m): 8:46am On Aug 04, 2012
Nice
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins Heat 4 Of Olympics 100M Race by AK481(m): 8:48am On Aug 04, 2012
kommy: Oh my God! What is happening in this country?? The girls representing Great Britain and Austria in the 100M race are NIGERIANS. Abiodun Oyepitan and Ezinne Okparaebo. May God Save Us
Igbo and yoruba,a hausa man will "never" betray this country to this extent.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins Heat 4 Of Olympics 100M Race by brownlord: 8:49am On Aug 04, 2012
sonyjacobs: i heard south africa had 3 medals. how true is this?

Rubbish question. U tink they went there to play like Nigerians abi? Or they. Would replace athletes/coach with politicians and their children abi, I pitty people that is still hopin on this country
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins Heat 4 Of Olympics 100M Race by brownlord: 8:51am On Aug 04, 2012
AK 48:

Now I can see u r mad, Ibb, atiku, facrock, takur and co are what tribe my friend? Urhobo or calaba abi? I can see that thing you are smoking is no longer been filtered before giving to u
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins Heat 4 Of Olympics 100M Race by brownlord: 8:55am On Aug 04, 2012
Nonsence, what special about winning a heat, can she win a medal? Or them don dey give medal for heat? Was the heat what they where sent there to do or to bring home medals and make the world hear our national anthem, I doubt if our national anthem would ever be heard in this olympics
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins Heat 4 Of Olympics 100M Race by perfectcrush(m): 8:56am On Aug 04, 2012
Kip it real blessing.... Best wishes
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins Heat 4 Of Olympics 100M Race by Nobody: 9:12am On Aug 04, 2012
I wish her all the best,she,ll run in the third semifinals with tianna madison of usa and murielle ahoure of cote d.voire,all of three ran sub 11.race starts 19.35
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins Heat 4 Of Olympics 100M Race by yam: 9:29am On Aug 04, 2012
brownlord: Nonsence, what special about winning a heat, can she win a medal? Or them don dey give medal for heat? Was the heat what they where sent there to do or to bring home medals and make the world hear our national anthem, I doubt if our national anthem would ever be heard in this olympics

if blessing or oda ngerian wins a medal will you tender ur apology as u tender ue insult on nigeria/nigerians.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins Heat 4 Of Olympics 100M Race by razznaija(f): 9:31am On Aug 04, 2012
Horayce: the Olympics are an utter bore and only a way for rich countries to show off. Why do poor countries like Nigeria even bother angry

Nigeria is not a poor country, its just that the money is being looted mismanaged that is why we are suffering. The athletes from the other countries have been practicing for years, some of them have been involved in their individual sport from a very tender age through all the free athletic and after- school programs that are provided, so it should not be a surprise that they are all winning. If the useless minister of sports actually cares about us excelling in the Olympics he would make sure that all the athletes will get coaches to coach them for a couple of years, because practice makes perfect. If you've heard of Micheal Phelps from the U.S, you will be able to recall that his first Olympic appearance was a total flop; he did not win any medals, but the failure made him stronger because he went home, practiced more and with the help of a swimming coach he is now the fastest swimmer in the world. If our government care about all of those things we will be able to snag atleast 3 gold medals. We have the potential of producing the fastest runner, the best football team or even the best long jumper, but we need the motivation and training to make all of that possible.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins Heat 4 Of Olympics 100M Race by benlay(m): 9:35am On Aug 04, 2012
Is this some news to rejoice about or what? idk how it made the front page..... when one person has won 21 Gold medals in two Olympics appearances. Wake my folks.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins Heat 4 Of Olympics 100M Race by DANILSA(m): 9:39am On Aug 04, 2012
Some people in this forum are always pessimistic, anybody that does well in nigeria is criticised, meanwhile who knows what they are in real life. THRASH.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins Heat 4 Of Olympics 100M Race by guyman2(m): 10:27am On Aug 04, 2012
AK 48:

Igbos and Yorubas are the greatest traitors of this country. I agree with you.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins Heat 4 Of Olympics 100M Race by oge4real(f): 10:39am On Aug 04, 2012
The most annoying thing is that even if she doesnt win, this will be the last time she will be competing at the Olympics due to old age.
Look at Amaechi our 400m hurdle runner, he is at his very first Olympics at 30yrs old.BY the next time, he will officially be 34.
Other countries start fielding athletes at 15/16 so that by the time they are in their early twenties, they will be at the peak of their careers having gathered requisite experience from previous appearances.
Our challenges are in soooo many tentacles that the solution is no where near.

1 Like

Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins Heat 4 Of Olympics 100M Race by Adex25(m): 11:59am On Aug 04, 2012
I just hope she wins smtin at d end of the day!
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins Heat 4 Of Olympics 100M Race by olapluto(m): 12:13pm On Aug 04, 2012
oge4real: The most annoying thing is that even if she doesnt win, this will be the last time she will be competing at the Olympics due to old age.
Look at Amaechi our 400m hurdle runner, he is at his very first Olympics at 30yrs old.BY the next time, he will officially be 34.
Other countries start fielding athletes at 15/16 so that by the time they are in their early twenties, they will be at the peak of their careers having gathered requisite experience from previous appearances.
Our challenges are in soooo many tentacles that the solution is no where near.
You are not talking according to facts. Blessing is the youngest of the sub-11 runners. She's just 23. Amaechi Morton is around 23 max too. So they will be back at the next olympics.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins Heat 4 Of Olympics 100M Race by Petovi: 1:18pm On Aug 04, 2012
Gr8 performance,at least we still have someone who is flying our nation's flag high.God bless ya.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins Heat 4 Of Olympics 100M Race by taharqa: 1:23pm On Aug 04, 2012
brownlord:

Rubbish question. U tink they went there to play like Nigerians abi? Or they. Would replace athletes/coach with politicians and their children abi, I pitty people that is still hopin on this country
I think sm of u guys need try to better handle d understandable frustratns wit the way Nigeria is presently going Or just Shut Up, instead of castigating her at every chances: Hope you know which coun3 won d African Athletics Campionship just over a month ago?
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins Heat 4 Of Olympics 100M Race by taharqa: 1:24pm On Aug 04, 2012
brownlord:

I think sm of u guys need try to better handle d understandable frustratns wit the way Nigeria is presently going Or just Shut Up, instead of castigating her at every chances: Hope you know which coun3 won d African Athletics Campionship, which included South Africa, just over a month ago?
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins Heat 4 Of Olympics 100M Race by oge4real(f): 1:27pm On Aug 04, 2012
ola_pluto:
You are not talking according to facts. Blessing is the youngest of the sub-11 runners. She's just 23. Amaechi Morton is around 23 max too. So they will be back at the next olympics.

Then I guess the commentators have misinformed us cos he was reported as being 30yrs old when he appeared today.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins Heat 4 Of Olympics 100M Race by ekpebasseyjam: 1:58pm On Aug 04, 2012
they is a general saying that what a man can do, a woman,can do it even more better make us proud
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins Heat 4 Of Olympics 100M Race by AMvanquish: 2:24pm On Aug 04, 2012
brownlord: Nonsence, what special about winning a heat, can she win a medal? Or them don dey give medal for heat? Was the heat what they where sent there to do or to bring home medals and make the world hear our national anthem, I doubt if our national anthem would ever be heard in this olympics

Typical Bad belle, cut her some slack man.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins Heat 4 Of Olympics 100M Race by Litmus: 3:19pm On Aug 04, 2012
She is capable of winning gold, especial if she gets a good start, but i would be surprised if she comes away with any medal. The pressure of expectation may prove too much. She shouldn't have to carry the weight of expectation of a nation on her young, if admittedly broad shoulders.

BTW

Do we have a Ghanaian running for us? I state this because I came in late and just missed one of the men’s 100m heats. I could have sworn I saw an ubae- headed man, with stout belly and short bowlegs, in Nigerian livery, tearing speed in last place. undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins Heat 4 Of Olympics 100M Race by shilling(f): 3:25pm On Aug 04, 2012
Awesome news. Oya, Naija (Blessing) let's go there. Btw, when is the final?
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins Heat 4 Of Olympics 100M Race by Toheeb31(m): 3:40pm On Aug 04, 2012
The skye is u̶̲̥̅̊ř limit gal... Wish Ʊ best of the best luck
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins Heat 4 Of Olympics 100M Race by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:21pm On Aug 04, 2012
otokx: It appears the entire Olympic hopes of Nigeria rests on this poor woman's shoulders.

so damn sad.

where the hell are the Naija male runners? Just dey run their mouths about being men yet have absolutely NOTHING to show for it in this Olympics

Good luck Blessing! The only hope for bloody Nigeria cool
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins Heat 4 Of Olympics 100M Race by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:34pm On Aug 04, 2012
ola_pluto:

LOL you actually believe Blessing is 23? grin

The girl you quoted is right. Instead of Nigeria recruiting young teens, they go after people who can only play once in the Olympics before it is over. I wish Blessing the best in this Olympics but dont be surprised if she doesnt appear in Brazil.

Nigeria is a foolish country that does everything backwards! Bowing to the Chinese 24/7 you'd think they would have learned some of their tricks by now
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins Heat 4 Of Olympics 100M Race by brownlord: 4:39pm On Aug 04, 2012
yam:

if blessing or oda ngerian wins a medal will you tender ur apology as u tender ue insult on nigeria/nigerians.

Sure i will, but i doubt if they can, may be na sick boxer come dey win medal for competition like olympic now, or team of players that was selected based on party/religion/ethnic or god fatherism can now win a competion, my friend it is simple those who fail to plan, plan to fail no two ways about it
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins Heat 4 Of Olympics 100M Race by nedostic: 7:56pm On Aug 04, 2012
Okagare looks good for a medal shot but she has got to get off quickly from the block if she would win any medal. Congrats to her,10.92 is a PB and she is really improving by the day.The final would be tough but she has got a shot amongst the potential medalist.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins Heat 4 Of Olympics 100M Race by ochallo: 7:57pm On Aug 04, 2012
she has just won another race by a air breath, it;s is getting tougher , she did this with 10.92 her personal beat and came from the back to win. she is now thru to the final
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins Heat 4 Of Olympics 100M Race by slam7000(m): 8:01pm On Aug 04, 2012
very poor start in the semis for okagbare but she powered thru to first position with her long stride..much improvement needed..jeter is on fire,she has ran 10.83 twice,shelly ann fraser and veronica campbell brown at 10.89...finals is gonna be pretty fast...hope blessing gets a medal.
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins Heat 4 Of Olympics 100M Race by mamagee3(f): 8:05pm On Aug 04, 2012
Mobinga:

Woah!!! Mama. Long time.
Long time to you too!!! grin
Re: Blessing Okagbare Wins Heat 4 Of Olympics 100M Race by Baraac(f): 8:14pm On Aug 04, 2012
AMvanquish: I watched it oh! She had the best time of 10.93 of all 100m races today.
It looks lyk she really has a chance for a medal.. Let's pray she can kip it up.

please send the link

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Asisat Oshoala Scores A Brace As Nigeria Beats An Australian Club 8-1 / "Lionel Messi Should Retire" - Maradona / Pele's Funeral To Be Held At Santos Stadium On January 2nd & 3rd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.