Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,927 members, 7,824,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Pele's Funeral To Be Held At Santos Stadium On January 2nd & 3rd - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Pele's Funeral To Be Held At Santos Stadium On January 2nd & 3rd (20239 Views)

Ronaldo Shouts At Santos After Portugal Failed To Qualify For Wolrd Cup(video) / Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 / Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo As 1st, 2nd, 3rd Best Players (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pele's Funeral To Be Held At Santos Stadium On January 2nd & 3rd by saintbillion(m): 8:18am On Dec 30, 2022
Pele's funeral will take place inside the Santos stadium next week Monday January 2 and Tuesday January 3rd, the Brazilian club said, when fans will be able to pay their final respects to the football legend.

The Brazilian legend, whose full name was Edson Arantes do Nascimento, died Thursday at the age of 82 after a long battle with cancer, sparking an outpouring of tributes from around the world.

His body will go straight from the Albert Einstein Hospital to Estádio Urbano Caldeira in Vila Belmiro at dawn on Monday and the coffin will be placed in the centre of the pitch. The public wake is expected to begin at 10am.

The ceremony will continue until 10am on Tuesday, January 3, 2023, when the parade will take place through the streets of Santos.

Pele died at the age of 82 following a long battle with colon cancer. He had been in hospital since late last month.

Pele had a colon tumour removed in September 2021. Neither his family nor the hospital have said whether it had spread to other organs. He returned to the Albert Einstein hospital on November 29 with Covid-19 and a respiratory infection.

Daughter Kely Nascimento confirmed his passing with a social media post that said: 'Everything we are is thanks to you. We love you infinitely. Rest in peace.'

There was a message to the three million followers on Pele's official Twitter account, too: 'Inspiration and love marked the journey of King Pele, who peacefully passed away today. Love, love and love, forever.'

In his playing career, he scored 1,282 goals in 1,366 games, which included 77 in 92 appearances for his country.

Pele led Brazil to World Cup victory in 1958, 1962, and 1970 and remains one of the team’s all-time leading scorers with 77 goals.

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2022/12/brazil-legend-peles-funeral-to-be-held-at-santos-stadium-on-january-2nd-and-3rd.html

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pele's Funeral To Be Held At Santos Stadium On January 2nd & 3rd by saintbillion(m): 8:22am On Dec 30, 2022
R.I.P

2 Likes

Re: Pele's Funeral To Be Held At Santos Stadium On January 2nd & 3rd by HopeNeverDies: 8:26am On Dec 30, 2022
The G.O.A.T

Not one short fraud

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pele's Funeral To Be Held At Santos Stadium On January 2nd & 3rd by Saywhat10: 8:30am On Dec 30, 2022
Rest on legend.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pele's Funeral To Be Held At Santos Stadium On January 2nd & 3rd by Nickisindigo(m): 8:33am On Dec 30, 2022
The round leather game will surely miss you

Rest in peace G.O.A.T

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pele's Funeral To Be Held At Santos Stadium On January 2nd & 3rd by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 30, 2022
saintbillion:
Pele's funeral will take place inside the Santos stadium next week Monday January 2 and Tuesday January 3rd, the Brazilian club said, when fans will be able to pay their final respects to the football legend.

The Brazilian legend, whose full name was Edson Arantes do Nascimento, died Thursday at the age of 82 after a long battle with cancer, sparking an outpouring of tributes from around the world.

His body will go straight from the Albert Einstein Hospital to Estádio Urbano Caldeira in Vila Belmiro at dawn on Monday and the coffin will be placed in the centre of the pitch. The public wake is expected to begin at 10am.

The ceremony will continue until 10am on Tuesday, January 3, 2023, when the parade will take place through the streets of Santos.

Pele died at the age of 82 following a long battle with colon cancer. He had been in hospital since late last month.

Pele had a colon tumour removed in September 2021. Neither his family nor the hospital have said whether it had spread to other organs. He returned to the Albert Einstein hospital on November 29 with Covid-19 and a respiratory infection.

Daughter Kely Nascimento confirmed his passing with a social media post that said: 'Everything we are is thanks to you. We love you infinitely. Rest in peace.'

There was a message to the three million followers on Pele's official Twitter account, too: 'Inspiration and love marked the journey of King Pele, who peacefully passed away today. Love, love and love, forever.'

In his playing career, he scored 1,282 goals in 1,366 games, which included 77 in 92 appearances for his country.

Pele led Brazil to World Cup victory in 1958, 1962, and 1970 and remains one of the team’s all-time leading scorers with 77 goals.

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2022/12/brazil-legend-peles-funeral-to-be-held-at-santos-stadium-on-january-2nd-and-3rd.html
you posted in the wrong section.

1 Like

Re: Pele's Funeral To Be Held At Santos Stadium On January 2nd & 3rd by saintbillion(m): 8:54am On Dec 30, 2022
HopeNeverDies:
The G.O.A.T

Not one short fraud
I'm telling u.

4 Likes

Re: Pele's Funeral To Be Held At Santos Stadium On January 2nd & 3rd by saintbillion(m): 8:55am On Dec 30, 2022
Sweetplum:
you posted in the wrong section.
I notice. Pls mod take to the right section

1 Like

Re: Pele's Funeral To Be Held At Santos Stadium On January 2nd & 3rd by saintbillion(m): 8:56am On Dec 30, 2022
Nickisindigo:
The round leather game will surely miss you

Rest in peace G.O.A.T
Yeah. Football goes home

2 Likes

Re: Pele's Funeral To Be Held At Santos Stadium On January 2nd & 3rd by saintbillion(m): 8:56am On Dec 30, 2022
Saywhat10:
Rest on legend.
Amen

1 Like

Re: Pele's Funeral To Be Held At Santos Stadium On January 2nd & 3rd by habsydiamond(m): 9:04am On Dec 30, 2022
Greatest GOAT ever .. u will be deeply missed... rest on PELE the three times world champ.

1 Like

Re: Pele's Funeral To Be Held At Santos Stadium On January 2nd & 3rd by Creamypussy(f): 11:47am On Dec 30, 2022
Wow my crush!! Rest on legend.
Re: Pele's Funeral To Be Held At Santos Stadium On January 2nd & 3rd by shedisavage: 11:47am On Dec 30, 2022
RIP to the Brazilian football legend
The GOAT extend his sincere condolences

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pele's Funeral To Be Held At Santos Stadium On January 2nd & 3rd by Business2023: 11:47am On Dec 30, 2022
Rip to the legend

This my 2nd day of posting this on Nairaland

I need 1million naira to support my crumbling business, whether Inform of loan or assistance.
I have the Faith and i believe that God can touch just one person heart here on nairaland to assist me in life.
The is my email address:
businessdealer2005@gmail.com
Re: Pele's Funeral To Be Held At Santos Stadium On January 2nd & 3rd by YoungLionken(m): 11:47am On Dec 30, 2022
Pele the real GOAT of football..

I would really loved to attend his funeral...

4 Likes

Re: Pele's Funeral To Be Held At Santos Stadium On January 2nd & 3rd by Romanoff(f): 11:49am On Dec 30, 2022
HopeNeverDies:
The G.O.A.T

Not one short fraud

E still dey pain you?

Na wa o.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pele's Funeral To Be Held At Santos Stadium On January 2nd & 3rd by Helgreenluv(m): 11:49am On Dec 30, 2022
HopeNeverDies:
The G.O.A.T

Not one short fraud
Go hang yourself

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pele's Funeral To Be Held At Santos Stadium On January 2nd & 3rd by KangaIye: 11:49am On Dec 30, 2022
Rest In Peace Legend...... The real GOAT

1 Like

Re: Pele's Funeral To Be Held At Santos Stadium On January 2nd & 3rd by SouthSouth1914: 11:49am On Dec 30, 2022
The greatest footballer ever. Every other person comes a distance 3rd. There is no second to Pelé!!

4 Likes

Re: Pele's Funeral To Be Held At Santos Stadium On January 2nd & 3rd by Mumusaphire: 11:49am On Dec 30, 2022
Pele and Jackson are similar in terms of uniting world during their career.

6 Likes

Re: Pele's Funeral To Be Held At Santos Stadium On January 2nd & 3rd by NwaNimo1(m): 11:49am On Dec 30, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Pele's Funeral To Be Held At Santos Stadium On January 2nd & 3rd by Coinmamax: 11:50am On Dec 30, 2022
Naw k

Re: Pele's Funeral To Be Held At Santos Stadium On January 2nd & 3rd by Pells1: 11:50am On Dec 30, 2022
Don't care about Pele

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pele's Funeral To Be Held At Santos Stadium On January 2nd & 3rd by Christane: 11:51am On Dec 30, 2022
the original GOAT .many footballers av been fighting for his crown but the crown av being place tight on his head and is forever d GOAT

1 Like

Re: Pele's Funeral To Be Held At Santos Stadium On January 2nd & 3rd by ableguy(m): 11:51am On Dec 30, 2022
If this was a Nigerian, in the next 6 months nobody will be talking about burying him.
He for still dey mortuary especially if na Igbo person
grin

2 Likes

Re: Pele's Funeral To Be Held At Santos Stadium On January 2nd & 3rd by shedisavage: 11:51am On Dec 30, 2022
HopeNeverDies:
The G.O.A.T

Not one short fraud
E choke
Re: Pele's Funeral To Be Held At Santos Stadium On January 2nd & 3rd by mattmogan88: 11:52am On Dec 30, 2022
HopeNeverDies:
The G.O.A.T

Not one short fraud

Sorry sorry, don't cry grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pele's Funeral To Be Held At Santos Stadium On January 2nd & 3rd by xeratech: 11:53am On Dec 30, 2022
who died please wink
Re: Pele's Funeral To Be Held At Santos Stadium On January 2nd & 3rd by Enddy50ty(m): 11:53am On Dec 30, 2022
Your legacy will live with us forever. R.I.P to the greatest
Re: Pele's Funeral To Be Held At Santos Stadium On January 2nd & 3rd by Heroicvic(m): 11:55am On Dec 30, 2022
Like I said in the previous post
Pele and millions of other people died today but only his name is mentioned

I think it's time for us to stop existing and start living so that we can be remembered like this legend for a good legacy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Age Scam Shakes Under-23 Football Camp / Clubs With The Funny/Weird Names / Why Senegal Will Defeat England Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.