Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,502 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

How To Setup Your Own Web Design Business - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Setup Your Own Web Design Business (14237 Views)

How To Setup And Start A Blog / How To Manage Clients In Web Design Business? / Is The Web Design Business Lucrative? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Setup Your Own Web Design Business by odiaseo(m): 1:23pm On Dec 27, 2007
you may want to learn how to set up and run you own blog in this series: How to set up and run your own blog.

Skills / tips acquired can be applied to setting up forums,shopping carts etc. Its currently in it's 3rd week. At the end of the series it would be available for download as an ebook for free on the website.
Re: How To Setup Your Own Web Design Business by same410(m): 4:20pm On Dec 27, 2007
Dear Friends
It is my greatest pleasure to invite you to ‘BUSINESS EMPOWERMENT TRAINING ON WEB DEVELOPMENT'. The training will reveal to you the business aspect of web development including web design, domain name registration, web hosting, resellership, content management system, web programming, etc. The opportunities provided by the internet cannot be exhausted.

The training is sponsored by Ikeja Metro Lions Club and it is open to the public free of charge.
To register for this training, send email to [email]waymakerzconsut@gmail.com[/email]. Please your email should contain you name, email address, phone number, location in Lagos and highest qualification.
Note that we have limited seats for this training and short listing will be based on first come first served.
Thanks
Sincerely
Samuel Ehebha
Waymakerz Consult

NB: visit www.waymakerz..com for free carer development resources.
Re: How To Setup Your Own Web Design Business by bestcomm(m): 11:55am On Dec 28, 2007
Am so happy being here as a member in this thread because i have always have a burning desire of becoming a computer wizard.I thank GOD for my life because i have been accomplishing those things little by little.
Concerning the main topic on board i i would advice this person to follow this steps bit by bit.

1. Pray For GOD direction And Intervention Towards That Your Plans,I tell you there is nothing impossible with him. Note: Very important  grin
2. What information have you gotting about this business?
3. Ar u good in this aspect at aleast 70% experience in it if not 100%?
4. Have you try to jot your strategies down?.This from an american writter named BEN CARSON.
5. Move something or else nothing would be moved.
6.Try as much as possible to join 2 or more groups who has the same interest or non with you.Am saying this because this same man BEN CARSON made a statement in his book which i found very Acknowledging and informative to ppl like me which states  that '' YOU NEED SOMEONE TO HELP YOU ACHIEVE YOUR GOAL''.this all about team work that why i said you should try as much as possible to join groups who will help u mentally, physical to achieve that goal either by advice you seek from them.
7. You need a mentor apart from groups which are stated above.This mentor is someone who is already into this and well experienced.

would advice you to follow every one advice in this furum because they are all informative like this

1 - If belong to an organization, club, church, school department, etc. Offer to do a very beautiful site for them free. It will amaze you the reference that will come afterwards.
2 - Print quality handbill, well designed and digital colour separation.
3 - Always have your web design complementry card all the time.
4 - Consider posters and banners ---depending in your location.
5 - Talk to people about your area of specialization -----the words will spread.
6 - Design samples, go out talk to prospective clients. Let them see their own version of the web.
7 - Remember your community, do a site for them.
8 - Have a website yourself  Very Important PLS

Please try as much as possible to gather enough information before you emback on this exercise of your as i wish you good luck my brother .

Thanks

http://www.makemoney4live.com
Re: How To Setup Your Own Web Design Business by xheggs(m): 12:29pm On Dec 29, 2007
We have expert thinkers in Nairaland.
I think everybody spoke very well.
I do Web and Graphics, but Web is like my specialty.
From my own point of view, apart from God, the other thing is contacts. The more the contact you make, the more the jobs you get, the more you want to impress your clients.
If you really have passion for web, each new work you do should be an enhancement over the previous.

I do my web stuff with some people and we do organize seminars for Web, Graphics, Programming etc,
As for the web, the a-z of web is touched.
If you are interested in the next one coming up sometime in 2008, you can contact me:
Name: Segun
Phone: 08074684878, 07023003768, 01-8918971
Email: xheggs@gmail.com, xheggs@hotmail.com, xheggs@yahoo.com
Re: How To Setup Your Own Web Design Business by sanim16(m): 7:57pm On Jan 07, 2008
nice one bruv
Re: How To Setup Your Own Web Design Business by astronp7(m): 3:33pm On Jan 09, 2008
I hope we all will already working on one? If you have any challenge, please do share it here too. Cheers!
Re: How To Setup Your Own Web Design Business by WebMonk(m): 4:45pm On Jan 09, 2008
There was a thread that dealt with which means of communication people use more; Phone or Email?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-103979.0.html

And here was my contribution. You'll see where i'm coming, and i hope this helps other aspiring web designers/masters/*insert your title here*

There's also another angle to this, especially in web business: 'which would you use when discussing with potential customers/clients?'.It'll be how you use each at this stage that the game is won and lost.

Rule of the thumb: always stick to email.phone when it is absolutely necessary, and sparingly at that.email will dictate your pace,give the impression you're a busy outfit,and will dictate how serious the person is.Phone on the other hand would give the opposite,as there are no barriers (one on one - anything goes,especially if you're not a good negotiator).
My contributions.
Re: How To Setup Your Own Web Design Business by sowura(m): 11:38am On Jan 10, 2008
thank u all so much, i have been thinking of getting myself trained in web designing, but i live in Kano where there isn't much opportunities for trainings, seminars etc. am also the IEC officer in my organisation which is an NGO. we have a website which is redundant and needs managing. i would like to learn a lot about web mgt and design. pls i need websites that can help me. i saw one on the posts just wondering if there are more thank you.
Re: How To Setup Your Own Web Design Business by astronp7(m): 3:56pm On Jan 10, 2008
Thanks for the complements which I most say belong to all of us that has learnt or made contribution to this thread.

@ sowura:
I admire your interest in Web Design. Being in Kano or anywhere that the awareness is low is rather an advantage. You can find someone in your area that is into it to teach you, travel to learn or since you ca access the web - teach yourself (goto Google.com and search for "learn web design", "web design tips", "how to design website", etc. You will be amazed the resource you will get. I hope in no time you will become a leading voice in web development in your area.

All the best!
Re: How To Setup Your Own Web Design Business by astronp7(m): 5:10pm On Jan 13, 2008
@ Favourus:
If you can actually design and the problem is that its simple then no problem with that. All you need to do is keep practicing to improve your skill. Try learn new things. Ask definite questions about thing you see in other websites that you can't do yourself. Go to webmasters forum and see what others are doing.

If you have a site you want to put online now, I will give you 100MB web space with domain name registered for only N5,000. Click here to see all the features that comes with it. These features will help you as it regards hosting and managing your site. From there I will guide you through.

Goodluck.
Re: How To Setup Your Own Web Design Business by ztyle(m): 1:06am On Nov 21, 2008
Its indeed interestinq, Please can someone help me on where to find a reliable Web Hostinq that accepted
Liberty Reserve as a means of payment.  embarassed
Re: How To Setup Your Own Web Design Business by uspry1(f): 9:38pm On Nov 24, 2008
ztyle:

Its indeed interestinq, Please can someone help me on where to find a reliable Web Hostinq that accepted
Liberty Reserve as a means of payment.  embarassed

Register cheap domain name with Liberty Reserve:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-163413.0.html#msg2701418

Or go to your Liberty Reserve Login Account to click the 'Merchant Account' section you will find few internet services that sell hosting/domain name businesses that accept Liberty Reserve as a payment.

Good Luck!
Re: How To Setup Your Own Web Design Business by thegame(m): 3:50am On Nov 25, 2008
i already got mine set up
check out http://mollysolutions.com
thanks
Re: How To Setup Your Own Web Design Business by ebukaman(m): 4:17am On Nov 30, 2008
HELLO EVERYONE, 2BABA.COM IS CURRENTLY RUNNING PROJECT NAIJA.

Grab this opportunity and get a website for your business with unlimited

features listed below

1. Optimized exposure (100% advertisement channel): A business

owner/individual we have the path to advertise he/her business, because the

website will support various programming language that can be used for

advertising either in text, audio or video.
2. Beautiful and easy to browse.
3. Submission of website to world most used search engines (google, yahoo &

MSN).
4. Six months free maintenance.
5. Standard business layout.
6. Up to 350MB web space.
7. Free Tell a Friend feature. 
8. Free Bookmarking Feature.  VISIT US TODAY AND GET YOURS. www.2baba.com

2baba! | Your Infotainment Base. webdesign@2baba.com

Re: How To Setup Your Own Web Design Business by Muza(m): 1:10am On Dec 04, 2008
Really enjoyed this threads,
I'm about starting a web dev business.
These really helped ,thank you all
Re: How To Setup Your Own Web Design Business by Makavelis(m): 2:44pm On Nov 17, 2009
Do you need web design, programming and development using a template engine and a content management system

visit www.anthonioinc.com
Re: How To Setup Your Own Web Design Business by SuddentHoster: 12:29pm On Apr 09, 2010
Just wanted to introduce myself. Long time lurker, just started posting. Brief info about me, I've tried out a couple of blogs / niches but as yet have been unsuccessful in making any serious money.
Re: How To Setup Your Own Web Design Business by egift(m): 9:21pm On Apr 12, 2010
Re: How To Setup Your Own Web Design Business by just4just: 11:27am On Mar 06, 2012
This thread was amazing. pls where can received training on webdesign not seminars also what is the calibre of pc best for webdesign job
Re: How To Setup Your Own Web Design Business by webmpro(m): 3:28pm On Mar 07, 2012
@MIXDOE, to get an FTP username nd password is not a case cos once you have a host automatically you have the two, then what you will need next is an FTP software like smartftp, cuteftp, filezillah etc which u can download for free! Talking about training why not give me a call on 08189003341, 08033394660. Lets talk it out, and get you trained.
Re: How To Setup Your Own Web Design Business by astronp7(m): 11:40am On Mar 10, 2012
Am glad many of you found this useful. One of these days I will take on some other subject. Lets keep the flag flying - All the best in all you do.
Re: How To Setup Your Own Web Design Business by Caporegime(m): 4:32pm On Mar 13, 2012
@astronp- lovely thread thanks to you, please keep this thread alive talk about things that make a great website, different softwares for designing, do's and dont's of layouts and templates,SEO's, and more... times are changing please keep the thread going.cheers
Re: How To Setup Your Own Web Design Business by LucyKalu: 8:31am On Oct 30, 2012
Good man. most people wouldn't want to pass across anything for free. Thank you.
Re: How To Setup Your Own Web Design Business by Alescondy: 11:53am On Jun 30, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]you can also get your webdesign codes and tutorial @www.fanztweak.tk
Re: How To Setup Your Own Web Design Business by Alescondy: 11:56am On Jun 30, 2013
<font color="blue">@my boss in the rum pls check this site out and tel me the problem@www.fanztweak.tk @www.fanztweak.tk</font>
Re: How To Setup Your Own Web Design Business by John4you(m): 2:04pm On Oct 24, 2019
Learn how to create websites and Blogs for just #10,500 for one week plus 3 months mentoring sections.

For Cheap web designers in Nigeria
Visit www.TheWebmaster.com.ng
Call: 07032330424
They call create professional websites and Blogs for you at a cheaper rate. Starting from #24,900.

*We Create Websites & Blogs at a cheaper rate.*

We sale Original WP Themes and plugins.

Get your WP Premium themes for just #5000 ( worth N21,000= $59)

*Our Contact details*
*Phone Numbers* 08110558851
07032330424 (call & WhatsApp)
*email* Johneghubare@gmail.com
*website* www.TheWebmaster.com.ng

*We look forward to doing business with you*
*���Do you Need your own News website, or business / personal website at a lower cost?����* We can create a website that meet your needs for *#18,500 only.*
Quality website at a cheaper rate.
You can reply me via inbox this WhatsApp number, if you're interested or visit our website at *www.TheWebmaster.com.ng*
Our contacts for those that need Websites or Blogs

*Email address* johneghubare@gmail.com
Or
hello@thewebmaster.com.ng

*Phone Numbers* +2347032330424,
*Address* plot 18, Bola Odupitan street, Amuwo Odofin, Lagos state, Nigeria.

*Our prices start from #18, 500*
Quality website at a cheaper rate.
*(1) Micro plan 001* = #19,500 ( This includes domain name like www.YourName.com.ng )  with one month support from us.

*(2) Micro plan= 002* #25,200 ( This includes domain name like www.YourName.com )  with 3 months support from us. With 1 email, Site Security, 

*(3) Macro plan*= #30,500 ( This includes domain name like www.YourName.com, .org, .ng )  with 6 months support from us.

With unlimited emails, Site Security,

*(4) Oga plan*= #62,500 ( This includes domain name like www.YourName.ng .com, org etc)  with one year support from us. With unlimited emails, Site Security,  unlimited space.

*Some of our previous Projects:*
www.iReporters.com.ng

www.penminds.com

www.johnnybility.com
www.premort.com.ng
And many more...
*Here are the 3 major this you need to know about website*

You will need the following;

(1) A domain name. E.g. www.google.com 

(2) Hosting ( the company that will host your website) this is a company that store all your online information and make it available to online users.

(3) Web designer/ developer. 

We'll take care of everything for you and create your beautiful website to your liking. At TheWebmaster.com.ng, We build your Digital home.

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Is What Google Adsense Said Every Blogger Must Do Now / Have You Ever Wondered, Why Are Web Addresses In English? / Popular Ogbonge Blog Crisis: Lessons For Bloggers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.