Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,409 members, 7,819,467 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach (15323 Views)

Nigerians Blast Edwin Okon For Refusing To Shake US Coach / Congolese Humiliate Nigerians; Chant Ebola Go Away / Germany Vowed Not To 'humiliate' Brazil During Halftime Discussion, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by Enlightened1: 3:35pm On Aug 04, 2012
@ Afam....... Even at the last WC, they couldn't beat our noisy neighbors. On a good day, the Super eagles will chew up the US National team!!
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 04, 2012
buzugee: trust me bruh, nobody will remember that move. nigerians arent that into basketball so nigerians def aint going to remember it. when americans remember the game, the only thing their ego will compute is how they demolished nigeria. so in short ? only skinn will remember that move. skinn and his immediate nuclear family. nobody else LOLz

I'll remember that crazy crossover that broke James Harden's ankles - that crossover was epic, bruv...

Tony Skinn is kind of popular in the US media because of what he did with George Mason at the final four in 2006... So, I know a lot of people will remember the move.. tongue
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by Afam4eva(m): 3:37pm On Aug 04, 2012
Enlightened1: @ Afam my friend........... I beg to disagree with you about US winning Naija in a competitive football match. Nigeria will win them hands down and that Fifa ranking doesn't mean anything.
I'm not saying that for sure the US will beat Nigeria but thye match will be evenly contested.
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by buzugee(m): 3:39pm On Aug 04, 2012
shymmex:

I'll remember that crazy crossover that broke James Harden's ankles - that crossover was epic, bruv...

Tony Skinn is kind of popular in the US media because of what he did with George Mason at the final four in 2006... So, I know a lot of people will remember the move.. tongue
Tony Skinn is popular ? never heard of him till a few days ago.
speaking of epic, that was a very easily executable crossover. if you want epic crossovers youtube TIM HARDAWAY
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by Afam4eva(m): 3:39pm On Aug 04, 2012
Enlightened1: @ Afam....... Even at the last WC, they couldn't beat our noisy neighbors. On a good day, the Super eagles will chew up the US National team!!
Have you chewed them up before?
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 04, 2012
Litmus:
Precisely.

It would actually not surprise me if America fails to win gold. Our boys lost professionalism and simply went after autographs; they lacked the Nigerian swagger. You see, it is a time like this that people should question why they want us to lose our natural pride which some say is arrogance. If our boys had arrogance, they would have played better.

Well said!!

I believe this USA team is beatable..
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by Enlightened1: 3:40pm On Aug 04, 2012
True the match will be evenly contested, but Naija will still at end of the day smiley
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by Afam4eva(m): 3:41pm On Aug 04, 2012
buzugee: Tony Skinn is popular ? never heard of him till a few days ago.
speaking of epic, that was a very easily executable crossover. if you want epic crossovers youtube TIM HARDAWAY
I also heard about him for the first time in the qualifiers. The Nigerian players that I've known for a long time are Somtochukwu Ikechukwu Diogu, Ekene Ibekwe(Universirty of Maryland), Chamberlain Oguchi, and Oyedeji.
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by Afam4eva(m): 3:43pm On Aug 04, 2012
Enlightened1: True the match will be evenly contested, but Naija will still at end of the day smiley
We don't know that for sure exceprt you're a soothsayer.
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 04, 2012
buzugee: dunno mayne. i think all of them ( except ike diogu ) need to retire and pick a different sport.

Al farooq Aminu is just 21 - and he's the only one that plays in the NBA, he has a bright future..

Only Ike Diogu and Al Farooq are decent - and I like Dagunduro as well, but the rest are bu.ms....

If we can get Ekpe Udoh, Salami, Uzor, Ezeli, and Solomon Alabi to play for us - we should have a better team in the next couple of years... And all the players I listed are around Al farooq's age, btw 20-24 yrs old..
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by buzugee(m): 3:45pm On Aug 04, 2012
afam4eva:
I also heard about him for the first time in the qualifiers. The Nigerian players that I've known for a long time are Somtochukwu Ikechukwu Diogu, Ekene Ibekwe(Universirty of Maryland), Chamberlain Oguchi, and Oyedeji.
me myself i knew ike diogu because he was with stephen jackson and b diddy and them goons with the golden state warriors when they made that serious run for the title a few years back. or was that kelenna azubuike ? ahhh i get them confused. also heard about al farook aminu. thats about it
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 04, 2012
buzugee: Tony Skinn is popular ? never heard of him till a few days ago.

Come on, go check the video on worldstar hiphop - a lot of Americans remember him...

All the articles on the Nigerian team on ESPN are centered around him and Ike Diogu..

Tony Skinn is quite popular in the US media...
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by buzugee(m): 3:46pm On Aug 04, 2012
usa 67
lithuania 67

dayummmmmmmmm
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by Afam4eva(m): 3:47pm On Aug 04, 2012
I think we need to scout for potential NBA players who are currentrly in college. We have some Nigerians at some NCAA division one colleges that have bright futures.
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by Afam4eva(m): 3:48pm On Aug 04, 2012
buzugee: usa 67
lithuania 67

dayummmmmmmmm
Are you fvcking kidding me?
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 04, 2012
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by buzugee(m): 3:50pm On Aug 04, 2012
shymmex:

Al farooq Aminu is just 21 - and he's the only one that plays in the NBA, he has a bright future..

Only Ike Diogu and Al Farooq are decent - and I like Dagunduro as well, but the rest are bu.ms....

If we can get Ekpe Udoh, Salami, Uzor, Ezeli, and Solomon Alabi to play for us - we should have a better team in the next couple of years... And all the players I listed are around Al farooq's age, btw 20-24 yrs old..
no desrespek but all those players you mentioned are bums lol. at best, they are all role players. so we cant win nothing with them. we need superstars like hakeem olajuwon. which is a dream cuz people like that dont come a dime a dozen.
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by Afam4eva(m): 3:50pm On Aug 04, 2012
buzugee: me myself i knew ike diogu because he was with stephen jackson and b diddy and them goons with the golden state warriors when they made that serious run for the title a few years back. or was that kelenna azubuike ? ahhh i get them confused. also heard about al farook aminu. thats about it
Yes you're right, Ike Diogu was with Golden state warrriors before he moved to??
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 04, 2012
Enlightened1: @ Afam my friend........... I beg to disagree with you about US winning Naija in a competitive football match. Nigeria will win them hands down and that Fifa ranking doesn't mean anything.

You mean the same super eagles that couldn't even qualify for African cup of nations. You have got jokes bros.
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by buzugee(m): 3:51pm On Aug 04, 2012
afam4eva:
Are you fvcking kidding me?
am for real. those lithuania guys can shoot. and they got pride.
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by tintingz(m): 3:52pm On Aug 04, 2012
This post is vexing
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by buzugee(m): 3:53pm On Aug 04, 2012
shymmex:

Come on, go check the video on worldstar hiphop - a lot of Americans remember him...

All the articles on the Nigerian team on ESPN are centered around him and Ike Diogu..

Tony Skinn is quite popular in the US media...
its called momentary popularity. give it a couple of months after the olympics. nobody will remember it. folks execute crazier crossovers in the nba daily.
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by DonaldGenes(m): 3:54pm On Aug 04, 2012
Johnpaul2k2: [size=28]illuminati(USA) dealt with Ogboni(Naija)[/size] grin grin
hahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahaa funny yo'
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by Afam4eva(m): 3:55pm On Aug 04, 2012
saxywale:

You mean the same super eagles that couldn't even qualify for African cup of nations. You have got jokes bros.
The same super eagles that now plays friendly matches with Niger, Saudi and Kosovo.

The super eagles that celebrate like they've won the world cup when they beat teams like somalia and Rwanda.

Which way Nigeria?
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by buzugee(m): 3:57pm On Aug 04, 2012
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by MrGlobe(m): 3:59pm On Aug 04, 2012
Smart jeezy: No country can dare U.S.A in basketball let alone of nigeria....the only sport language they know in usa is a basketball.
Lie!! Spain, Argentina and even Lithuania can beat them. Matter of fact Greece won a gold on their head in 2004. The Nigerian team was just 'amateur'
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by buzugee(m): 3:59pm On Aug 04, 2012
afam4eva:
Yes you're right, Ike Diogu was with Golden state warrriors before he moved to??
puerto rico grin
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by Afam4eva(m): 4:00pm On Aug 04, 2012
buzugee: only 3 comments grin
Lol
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by DonaldGenes(m): 4:00pm On Aug 04, 2012
hornipipe: Lmao...they need tall guys like м̣̣̥̇̊
ε̲̣̣̣̥
In that squad
embarassed[color=#006600][/color]
r u that tall
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by Afam4eva(m): 4:03pm On Aug 04, 2012
buzugee: puerto rico grin
Technically, Perto rico is still part of the US lol

I think the main reason some Nigerian players leave the NBA is because they don't get ample playing time in their respective clubs. That's why Ejike Ugbuaja left the cavaliers for europe.
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by buzugee(m): 4:03pm On Aug 04, 2012
lithuania hanging tight
usa 80
lithuania 82
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by DonaldGenes(m): 4:04pm On Aug 04, 2012
Let us fish out that niqeria player that was boastinq before the match..he should pay for this...mara of fact...sack!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Everton Sack Frank Lampard As Manager / Taye Taiwo Explains Why He Wants Stephen Keshi Sacked / Rafael Nadal Vs Roger Federer Who Is The Best?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.