Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,487 members, 7,819,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach (15325 Views)

Nigerians Blast Edwin Okon For Refusing To Shake US Coach / Congolese Humiliate Nigerians; Chant Ebola Go Away / Germany Vowed Not To 'humiliate' Brazil During Halftime Discussion, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by Nobody: 4:43pm On Aug 04, 2012
buzugee: HAHA yeah that was me during the usa and naija game. got banned twice. okkkkkk i guess if you insist we shall give skinn props for disgracing us grin grin

Did you see Serena Williams cripwalk today after winning the gold medal in tennis?

Damn! You can take a negro out of Compton, but you definitely can't take compton out of the negro.. grin grin grin

So, who has the best crossover ever in your opinion

I'll go with ALLEN IVERSON!!! cool

Allen Iverson is a legend, I'll never forget the press conference he had about practice... Bwahahahahahahahaha

That's some classic shyte!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by Afam4eva(m): 4:49pm On Aug 04, 2012
buzugee: they wouldnt have been a match for the usa women team neither grin
I kinda feel the women would have performed better than the male team. We have high profile players in the Tigress. But I wonder why they didn't qualify.
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by sizzlers(m): 4:49pm On Aug 04, 2012
ebamma: Nigeria basketball team should change it nickname from D'tigers to D'chickens
i suppose frm tiger to cub
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by Afam4eva(m): 4:50pm On Aug 04, 2012
Mexico has scored again against Senegal.
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by buzugee(m): 4:52pm On Aug 04, 2012
hypeman:

Did you see Serena Williams cripwalk today after winning the gold medal in tennis?

Damn! You can take a negro out of Compton, but you definitely can't take compton out of the negro.. grin grin grin

So, who has the best crossover ever in your opinion

I'll go with ALLEN IVERSON!!! cool

Allen Iverson is a legend, I'll never forget the press conference he had about practice... Bwahahahahahahahaha

That's some classic shyte!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI
i dont like tennis like that. not my thing. too many white people in it LOL. the audience is white and somewhat posh, almost all the players are white. totally not my scene. i see enough white people as it is. dont need to see more.

best crossover ? i will not go for iverson simply because he is very close to the ground when he crosses. something about short people crossing does not magnify the effect. its like a 7ft person dunking ? its not as magnificent as if a 6ft person dunks. so when iverson crosses, first off he palms the ball a lot.
i will go for Tim hardaway everyday all day. i love his cross over style. they are a beauty to watch. and the thing about his crossovers is that he does them in full motion. iverson, most of the time has to settle with you one on one like he did with jordan. hardaway is running at full speed at you and crosses you without stopping. best crossover dude in my opinion and like 90 percent of america will tell you tim hardaway is the king of crossovers
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by Nobody: 4:52pm On Aug 04, 2012
shymmex:

Al farooq Aminu is just 21 - and he's the only one that plays in the NBA, he has a bright future..

Only Ike Diogu and Al Farooq are decent - and I like Dagunduro as well, but the rest are bu.ms....

If we can get Ekpe Udoh, Salami, Uzor, Ezeli, and Solomon Alabi to play for us - we should have a better team in the next couple of years... And all the players I listed are around Al farooq's age, btw 20-24 yrs old..
Well bruv
Ike Diogu was passed up cos of his size. @ 6ft 9" the guy was considered 2 small to play the power forward position. His performance in this tournament should redeem his image I think a team or two might consider signing him up
Alfarooq Aminu is a 1st round bust. the guy came to the NBa with so much potential it was supposed to be him, Blake Griffin and Eric Gordon that were supposed to turn around the fortunes of the clippers, they got tired and traded him to the hornets hopefully playing alongside Austin Rivers and Anthony Davis might help bring the best in him. he is still yet to prove he was the player he was in college
Ekpe Udoh? his story is almost the same as Aminu and I dont see the guy donning green anytime soon
Solomon Alabi: Limited playing time... its like the guy doesnt exist at all even in his days in Florida state uni the guy just had so much promise being 7ft and all but never lived up to expectations in fact according to his scout report it was suggested that he spend 1 extra year in college to learn basketball before declaring for the draft.
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by buzugee(m): 4:57pm On Aug 04, 2012
afam4eva:
I kinda feel the women would have performed better than the male team. We have high profile players in the Tigress. But I wonder why they didn't qualify.
really ? we have women basketball players ? really ? i swear i never knew. dont quite see it as a huge draw for nigerian women. thought naija women was more focused on acquiring that blackerry phone grin grin JK.
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by Afam4eva(m): 5:00pm On Aug 04, 2012
buzugee: really ? we have women basketball players ? really ? i swear i never knew. dont quite see it as a huge draw for nigerian women. thought naija women was more focused on acquiring that blackerry phone grin grin JK.
Most of the players in the Tigress are Yankee Nigerians.
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by Afam4eva(m): 5:05pm On Aug 04, 2012
This olympic game has got to be our worst in history. The three 100 meters sprinter have all crashed out.
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by buzugee(m): 5:05pm On Aug 04, 2012
afam4eva:
Most of the players in the Tigress are Yankee Nigerians.
word ? i need to pay attention to that. i shall google it and see their games. i do know of a nigerian american girl who played in the collegiate level in america. then she returned to nigeria to coach girls in basketball. cant quite remember her name now. she left a bright future in america, apparently, and said she wanted to return to nigeria and pursue her dreams of coaching nigerian girls. inspiring story too. she was on CNN
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 04, 2012
buzugee: i dont like tennis like that. not my thing. too many white people in it LOL. the audience is white and somewhat posh, almost all the players are white. totally not my scene. i see enough white people as it is. dont need to see more.

I'm a big tennis fan, and tennis is gradually becoming a multi-racial sport now... I know a naija girl that plays where I play in London, she's about 11 - and this girl is very good... I know she's definitely going to be at one the grandslams in the next couple of years, she's that good...

best crossover ? i will not go for iverson simply because he is very close to the ground when he crosses. something about short people crossing does not magnify the effect. its like a 7ft person dunking ? its not as magnificent as if a 6ft person dunks. so when iverson crosses, first off he palms the ball a lot.
i will go for Tim hardaway everyday all day. i love his cross over style. they are a beauty to watch. and the thing about his crossovers is that he does them in full motion. iverson, most of the time has to settle with you one on one like he did with jordan. hardaway is running at full speed at you and crosses you without stopping. best crossover dude in my opinion and like 90 percent of america will tell you tim hardaway is the king of crossovers

I know Tim Hardway's crossover is hard - but I prefer Iverson's version... Iverson is going to stand infront of you and cross you over...

I think John Wall's crossover is also great...
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 04, 2012
Empty vessels make the loudest noise, Nigerians are good at that.
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 04, 2012
Babzilla:
Well bruv
Ike Diogu was passed up cos of his size. @ 6ft 9" the guy was considered 2 small to play the power forward position. His performance in this tournament should redeem his image I think a team or two might consider signing him up
Alfarooq Aminu is a 1st round bust. the guy came to the NBa with so much potential it was supposed to be him, Blake Griffin and Eric Gordon that were supposed to turn around the fortunes of the clippers, they got tired and traded him to the hornets hopefully playing alongside Austin Rivers and Anthony Davis might help bring the best in him. he is still yet to prove he was the player he was in college
Ekpe Udoh? his story is almost the same as Aminu and I dont see the guy donning green anytime soon
Solomon Alabi: Limited playing time... its like the guy doesnt exist at all even in his days in Florida state uni the guy just had so much promise being 7ft and all but never lived up to expectations in fact according to his scout report it was suggested that he spend 1 extra year in college to learn basketball before declaring for the draft.

Those guys are still young - they have only played 1 yr and half (rookie season, and half last season because of the lockout) season in the NBA... I think they'll develop and become C or B- grade players - it's too early to start judging them..

What do you think about Jeff Green's game? He's also eligible to play for Nigeria - his mum is Nigerian..
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by buzugee(m): 5:14pm On Aug 04, 2012
hypeman:

I'm a big tennis fan, and tennis is gradually becoming a multi-racial sport now... I know a naija girl that plays where I play in London, she's about 11 - and this girl is very good... I know she's definitely going to be at one the grandslams in the next couple of years, she's that good...

I know Tim Hardway's crossover is hard - but I prefer Iverson's version... Iverson is going to stand infront of you and cross you over...

I think John Wall's crossover is also great...

description of hardaway in wiki

Timothy Duane "Tim" Hardaway (born September 1, 1966) is a retired American basketball player who played in the National Basketball Association (NBA) and was one of the league's best point guards in his prime. Six feet (1.83 m) tall, he was best known for his devastating crossover dribble (dubbed the "UTEP Two-step" by television analysts), a move which he helped to popularize among younger players.[1] He is the father of Tim Hardaway, Jr.[2]

am not a big john wall fan. i also like steve francis crossovers
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by Afam4eva(m): 5:15pm On Aug 04, 2012
hypeman:

Pls help us tell that small Nigerian girl to consider playing for Nigeria when she grows up. Do it fast before ther Britons beat you to it.
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by buzugee(m): 5:20pm On Aug 04, 2012
afam4eva: This olympic game has got to be our worst in history. The three 100 meters sprinter have all crashed out.
hey it is what it is. look on the bright side. you dont have any vested interest in watching the olympics. at least thats how i view it. this is one of the olympics i have nor cared about at all. only thing i have watched are senegal in football, nigeria vs usa in basketball, england in both their football games, lithuania and usa basketball. and thats it. so i am only watching football and basketball. however i think senegal will crash out today so thats it for football.
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 04, 2012
Nigerians: Hey Coach, about wat u are Saying to the Whole World, does it change the Price of Fuel in Nigeria

Coach: NO!! I was just.....

Nigerians: Sssssh, Spare us the Stories!!! Get ur Mouth Locked up and Face ur Next Opponent...
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by Onyenna(m): 5:20pm On Aug 04, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:
[size=15pt]The humiliation is a blessing in disguise because now d'tigers are in the history books as well. Good or bad we made history . This calls for celebration . cool[/size]

grin grin grin grin **i don faint***
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 04, 2012
buzugee: description of hardaway in wiki
Timothy Duane "Tim" Hardaway (born September 1, 1966) is a retired American basketball player who played in the National Basketball Association (NBA) and was one of the league's best point guards in his prime. Six feet (1.83 m) tall, he was best known for his devastating crossover dribble (dubbed the "UTEP Two-step" by television analysts), a move which he helped to popularize among younger players.[1] He is the father of Tim Hardaway, Jr.[2]

am not a big john wall fan. i also like steve francis crossovers

John Wall is a great player but he isn't really ready for the NBA yet... Have you seen him ball?
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 04, 2012
afam4eva:
Pls help us tell that small Nigerian girl to consider playing for Nigeria when she grows up[b][/b]. Do it fast before ther Britons beat you to it.

Lmao!!

Her pops is just Nigerian on the outside, but he's proper British on the inside... grin

I dunno, but the girl likes Nigeria, and she mimics Nigerian accent sometimes..
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by buzugee(m): 5:29pm On Aug 04, 2012
hypeman:

John Wall is a great player but he isn't really ready for the NBA yet... Have you seen him ball?
i have seen him a few times. wasnt really impressed. to be honest with you, few players impress me nowadays. the golden era of basketball is gone. the golden era is when you had hakeem going against jordan or barkley or ewing or larry johnson. when you had john starks going against reggie miller. scottie pippen going against clyde drexler. dominique wilkins, spud webb, tim hardaway, alonzo mourning, sprewell, etc etc hard nosed rough basketball with massive talents. that was the golden era. i struggle to watch it now. too many prima donnas
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by Clemzy16(m): 5:49pm On Aug 04, 2012
Definately out yahoo boys will humiliate them back!
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by Nobody: 6:07pm On Aug 04, 2012
buzugee: i have seen him a few times. wasnt really impressed. to be honest with you, few players impress me nowadays. the golden era of basketball is gone. the golden era is when you had hakeem going against jordan or barkley or ewing or larry johnson. when you had john starks going against reggie miller. scottie pippen going against clyde drexler. dominique wilkins, spud webb, tim hardaway, alonzo mourning, sprewell, etc etc hard nosed rough basketball with massive talents. that was the golden era. i struggle to watch it now. too many prima donnas

I hear that!

But the NBA still has loads of great talents..
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by afrikanns: 6:26pm On Aug 04, 2012
Who cares eida way, wen ur president is in jamaica dancin witi jomaican musician, osi upon osi,
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 04, 2012
Smart jeezy: No country can dare U.S.A in basketball let alone of nigeria....the only sport language they know in usa is a basketball.

true. and other boring a** sports like golf, swimming and gymnastics. tongue

OH! and rugby!! cheesy

but the point...still taken! grin
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 04, 2012
hypeman:

Those guys are still young - they have only played 1 yr and half (rookie season, and half last season because of the lockout) season in the NBA... I think they'll develop and become C or B- grade players - it's too early to start judging them..

What do you think about Jeff Green's game? He's also eligible to play for Nigeria - his mum is Nigerian..
Yeah Jeff Green could play if he wants to. He too has a lot of potential but this heart surgery has sidelined him, the Celtics franchise has a lot of faith in him but Im sure if he lives up to their expectations, he'll play for the US instead . Its so difficult to say no to the opportunity to play with a team with so much talents. Ive never heard of a man rejecting an invitation to play 4 team US. Im sure the backlash against such a person would be huge
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by vanstanzy(m): 6:36pm On Aug 04, 2012
r231: The coach of the USA basketball team Mike Krzyzewski has denied that his team arrived at the Basketball Arena of the London 2012 Olympics determined to humiliate Nigeria for being loud-mouthed.

The soft-spoken manager told the world media after the game which saw Nigerian Tigers well flogged in a game which ended 156-73. He said what happened to Nigeria could have happened to any other team given the performance his players put up.

He said, “It is wrong for anyone to say that it was a game plan to embarrass Nigeria because of the interest the game generated since the draw was made. The result turned out that way because of the shooting percentage we had on the night. We have never had it so good at shooting and I am sure it is so for many teams across the world. Our shooting was incredible and we are surprised by what we achieved.

“It was just that Nigeria happened to be the team on ground the day we got it so right. If it was another team and we had this kind of shooting performance they could never have come near us. Indeed it was a night of shots on both sides because the Nigerians were scoring highly too.

“The Nigerian team is a winning team. They did not get to the Olympics by a wild card; they battled their way to this place from the Venezuela qualifiers which featured great teams from Europe. Yes, we came determined to win the game because any slip can be dangerous but it was a night that what we have always trained for worked perfectly.”

The match which was highly publicised and followed by the widest audience since the basketball event started at London Olympics set many records. It produced the widest losing margin in Olympic history; and the best scoring percentage ever for Team USA. At the two-points range, they hit 30/37 (scored 30 out of 37 attempts) and an incredible 29/46 in the three-points range.

Anthony Carmelo who led the scoring on both sides with 37 points hit 81 per cent of field goals – 13/16 from the two-points range and 10/13 for three-pointers.

http://www.punchng.com/london-2012-olympics/we-never-planned-to-humiliate-nigeria-us-coach-2/

The best team won, and that's it. Even if D'Tigers did brag, it was the bragging of a drowning man, i mean team. grin grin grin
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by MrNigeria2(m): 6:45pm On Aug 04, 2012
Check out this comment by an American. ..lol lol lol lol
tony Skinn makes James Harden fall over

It is Nigeria, and they deserve some props fro something.

But the USA won by 83....
-The USA scored 156 points, they had 49 points after the first quarter, and 78 at
halftime [they're playing 10 minute quarters]
-The USA made 29 three pointers
- The USA shot 71% from the floor overall
- The USA had seven players in double figures -- no one played over 25 minutes,
and the guys who played over 20 minutes were not starters.
-Melo had 37 points and made 10 3-pointers -- all in 14 minutes.
...but Tony Skinn made James Harden fall from a crossover.

Good for Skinn and the Nigerians.
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by Nobody: 6:47pm On Aug 04, 2012
buzugee: i have seen him a few times. wasnt really impressed. to be honest with you, few players impress me nowadays. the golden era of basketball is gone. the golden era is when you had hakeem going against jordan or barkley or ewing or larry johnson. when you had john starks going against reggie miller. scottie pippen going against clyde drexler. dominique wilkins, spud webb, tim hardaway, alonzo mourning, sprewell, etc etc hard nosed rough basketball with massive talents. that was the golden era. i struggle to watch it now. too many prima donnas

aawwww meen. U cant say that. we got lots of great players and a lot has changed man but its still the same ol same ol
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by phadat(m): 7:15pm On Aug 04, 2012
I never planned to post this
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by mamagee3(f): 8:08pm On Aug 04, 2012
Who Cares?

Nigerians are more educated and have the most doctors here in the U.S.

They can have their basketball game. grin grin
Re: We Never Planned To Humiliate Nigeria – US Coach by Sesebele: 8:57pm On Aug 04, 2012
Humiliation or not, d result speaks volume about our level of preparation, its obvious we have no bench, we hav to work on our defence, but d pressure will be on d few good players we have. Its unfurtunate d margin was so wide but we can do better in subsequent matches.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Taye Taiwo Explains Why He Wants Stephen Keshi Sacked / Rafael Nadal Vs Roger Federer Who Is The Best? / Golden Chance Lotto Launches Online Play Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.