Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,379 members, 7,836,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Candid Advice Needed - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Candid Advice Needed (1440 Views)

Please Am Darely In Need Of Your Candid Advice On My Relationship / Dilemma - Candid And Honest Advice Needed / Face With A Divorce Decision And I Need Ur Candid Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Candid Advice Needed by lanjum(f): 7:03pm On Aug 04, 2012
Pls I need your candid advice,am a lady of about 27yrs old am dating this guy for the past 4yrs now even we hv done introduction late last year,I was a banker I was among d staff that access bank formally intercontinental sacked. so jst like 2months again I decided to relocate to where my fiancée is cos we are not in the same state so I can stay there with him till when I will get myself 2gther and to plan for our wedding. Then I can thouroghly know the kind of man I want to spend d rest of my life with, cos I see that some of my friends are seriously complaining abt their hubby and their hubby. I hv been here now its up to 2months so I notice some of his behaviours that I this I can't cope with,e.g this attitude that women are slave that should do all house chores,no helping hand,even if u do no appreciation to compliment what u hv done,going out and coming in at will without noticing that someone is at home alone,and he knows I don't hv a job presently so also he prefer his parents to me,most times wen coming frm d office his family house will b d 1st place to stay and sometimes eat there b4 coming home,.pls the advice I need now is that what do u think I can do?cos I hv sat him down severally to inform him, pls matured minds and that is why I hv come here. Thanks
Re: Candid Advice Needed by Enoquin(f): 7:37pm On Aug 04, 2012
Did he approve of your relocating to stay with him?
What was your relationship like before you moved down?
What kind of job does he do?
When you were working, did he ever send you money?
What did you guys talk about in 4 years up to the point of you saying you agree to spend your whole life with him and up to the point of your introduction?
How did you meet?
What and how did you tell him when you say you spoke maturedly with him?
What kind of man is he...sensitive; too sensitive or aggressive?
Is he the first born child or only child?
Who took care of his apartment when he was staying alone?
Are you looking for a job even while you are there?

Ask yourself these questions and answer honestly then perhaps you might find your answer or come close to deciphering your problem

1 Like

Re: Candid Advice Needed by edogram1(m): 8:11pm On Aug 04, 2012
If u knw u cannot coup with him then leave, there is not much you can do to change him. He's not a caring guy and it will get worst after u marry him. The type that doesn't regard women and take u as housewife. If u can bear it then goodluck.
Re: Candid Advice Needed by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 04, 2012
Re: Candid Advice Needed by Nobody: 4:06am On Aug 05, 2012
Tel me more about the house chores and him not helping you or appreciating you when you do these things.

Tell me why you think all women are slaves to him?

For you to come here to ask for advise, within yourself you know something isn't right.
Re: Candid Advice Needed by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 05, 2012
I think it's wrong for you to move in with him before marriage. The reason you gave doesn't make sense. Go back home and get a job, then marry him if you still want to. I think you are being unnecessarily fussy probably because you are idle.
Re: Candid Advice Needed by Nobody: 1:29pm On Aug 05, 2012
@OP
thats what happens when you put the carriage before the horses......you did your introduction to this stranger FIRST, and then afterwards decided to get to know and discover who that man was?!?!?!?! i do wonder what drove you to even THINK of marrying this stranger? desperation is a bad thing o!
Re: Candid Advice Needed by Ivynwa(f): 5:31am On Aug 06, 2012
Did both of you agree together before you moved in with him? Moving in with him like that especially if both of you did not first agree to that is not the best. What you narrated sounds like he is not excited to have you around, are you sure that you are not getting on his nerves in one way or the other and making him spend more time away from you?

You have the ability to cajole and sweet talk him into helping with the chores. Are you sure that he is happy about your living with him now? I will advise that you be sure of that as it will be unpretty for you to be where you are not wanted yet, it can even stretch out your relationship and wear out the intending marriage.
Re: Candid Advice Needed by PearlyJay(f): 5:59pm On Aug 06, 2012
My dear, it is wrong to move into a man's house without wedding. Pls respect your dignity, your family name and womanhood as a whole. Thank God for giving U another opportunity. Go back home. This man is not for U. I dnt think he is in love with U cos if he is, he will b rushing home to U every time. U are not an old babe yet. Even at that, nothing beats peace if mind. Go on your knees n pray for your own man.God is giving U another opportunity. Do not be in a hurry to tie d knot. There's no worse nightmare than getting married to d wrong person. Cheer up and glorify God. Forget about d 4 years. D god U serve will give U the right man and when dat happens let us know. Good luck and God bless you

(1) (Reply)

The Impact Of Not Announcing One's Home Coming From A Trip. / Only In Nigeria / A Crazy Idea(for Laughs)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.