Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Gov. Jang - God Is Punishing Plateau For Her Sins - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Jang - God Is Punishing Plateau For Her Sins (14606 Views)

Gov Jang Defends State’s Security Outfit / Jonathan Endorses Gov Jang’s Faction / Wikileaks: Gov. Jang Lagely Responsible For Jos Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov. Jang - God Is Punishing Plateau For Her Sins by Nobody: 9:02pm On Aug 05, 2012
I think certain things that one should highlight about Jang is this--He became a Pastor and ordained by a Christian Theological School shortly before he became the Governor of Plateau State. Even at the time of contesting there were so many powers and odds against him...nobody wanted to have the Beroms (the owners of Jos from a native standpoint) become the Governor. He faced fierce opposition from other native ethnic groups from other senatorial zones even the Langatang Mafia in the mix. I personally know the Pastor who had the vision from God that despite all the opposition, Jang was going to become Governor of the State. And like a daring miracle, that miraculous vision came to past and the prophecy this Pastor made came to past. This was why Jang was much willing to support a far wider effort at Christian evangelism and allow a deeper level of transparency unheard of in the state. So I am not surprised that he is making these statements at all. But my only gripe is that because of the complexity of the make-up of his audience, which includes you NLers, such a statement should have been done more in private. Publicly I would have loved him to SET ASIDE HIS CHRISTIANITY AS A STATESMAN and simply put more pressure on the formation of ARMED VIGILANTE GROUPS that would patrol their farms 24/7. If Fulanis can wander around unchallenged with theirs...what stops the natives from doing the same. Who has more right to the land anyway?

Those communities attacked are usually remote and dispersed. Unlike the Hausas and Yorubas, the Beroms do not traditionally concentrate their settlements in one place. You could have a house in one place and have to walk two or three kilometers to get to the next house. In a way, these made some of these settlements easy prey for wandering bushmen call Fulanis. Even Christians in America have to joint their army to defend their land and ideologies. If the Nigerian army has failed a section of its people but rather has become an instrument for proxy Jihad, I see nothing wrong seeing people defend themselves.

Our land is soo beautiful. We thank God for that. But if you want it...you will have to kill us all. good luck with that!

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Jang - God Is Punishing Plateau For Her Sins by manchai: 9:05pm On Aug 05, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]that governor is a bitch ass.
Re: Gov. Jang - God Is Punishing Plateau For Her Sins by Blueboy0402: 9:08pm On Aug 05, 2012
Where are those nairalanders that see TB Joshua as Prophet of doom? What do you have to say concerning Jang? I think this man is suffering from imbecility of the mind QED. cool cool cool cool
Re: Gov. Jang - God Is Punishing Plateau For Her Sins by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 05, 2012
Pukkah: This is shocking! Is this a sign of senility? Is Plateau state the most sinful place on earth? This governor has lost the moral right to remain on the seat or continue to collect salaries.
Well said !
The man is really bereft of ideas in solving the recurrent killings in his domain!
Re: Gov. Jang - God Is Punishing Plateau For Her Sins by Mrchippychappy(m): 9:16pm On Aug 05, 2012

A saying goes : "Silence makes a dumb man seem intelligent" . Governor J-J Please abide to this saying .
Re: Gov. Jang - God Is Punishing Plateau For Her Sins by emma4lfc(m): 9:18pm On Aug 05, 2012
S@NNiE:

http://www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/31727/2012/08/05/jos_crisis_god_punishing_us_our_sins_gov_jang.html
If u hv lived in jos, u wil agree wit baba jang, dose plateau ppl are in luv wit alcohol. Afta drinking 2 stupo, hausas wil jst come kil dem witout dem savin dia souls, wit dat of dia wifes and children. Wawaye ku ci gaba da sha brukutu.
Re: Gov. Jang - God Is Punishing Plateau For Her Sins by Biggyd2: 9:19pm On Aug 05, 2012
Izzokay. He is now a seer. No wahala. So what next? No vision on what should be done?
Re: Gov. Jang - God Is Punishing Plateau For Her Sins by Nyntynplus: 9:21pm On Aug 05, 2012
Ramcie: He failed to tell us the sins they are paying for . There is more to this state that meets the eye. #smh . Time wld surely tell .

ALCHOHOL DRINKING AND ITS LYKE..
Re: Gov. Jang - God Is Punishing Plateau For Her Sins by Patsey: 9:22pm On Aug 05, 2012
For someone in position of authority to make this type of claim is ultra madness. It's only in Nigeria that this sort utter nonsense happens.
Re: Gov. Jang - God Is Punishing Plateau For Her Sins by Olaone1: 9:23pm On Aug 05, 2012
This man must be vey silly
Re: Gov. Jang - God Is Punishing Plateau For Her Sins by babz574(m): 9:25pm On Aug 05, 2012
Is everybody man of God now? And when has God started speaking with everybody? Nigerians over religious they worry us. Small thing nah Godn, if no be God we go blame am on devil.
Re: Gov. Jang - God Is Punishing Plateau For Her Sins by Olaone1: 9:27pm On Aug 05, 2012
God this . . . God that undecided We no day tire ni? God of Israel/Saudi, abi?
Re: Gov. Jang - God Is Punishing Plateau For Her Sins by Bzoe(f): 9:27pm On Aug 05, 2012
Ogbiaboy: Dis Oldman is super clueless,what in Godsname is he sayin
I guess he was talking about the isrealite so he should be talking about christians God
Re: Gov. Jang - God Is Punishing Plateau For Her Sins by Ramcie(f): 9:31pm On Aug 05, 2012
Nyntynplus:

ALCHOHOL DRINKING AND ITS LYKE..
lol . U are not nice cheesy
Re: Gov. Jang - God Is Punishing Plateau For Her Sins by DICKtator: 9:44pm On Aug 05, 2012
Lmao @ Jang.
Re: Gov. Jang - God Is Punishing Plateau For Her Sins by Pukkah: 9:51pm On Aug 05, 2012
emma4lfc: If u hv lived in jos, u wil agree wit baba jang, dose plateau ppl are in luv wit alcohol. Afta drinking 2 stupo, hausas wil jst come kil dem witout dem savin dia souls, wit dat of dia wifes and children. Wawaye ku ci gaba da sha brukutu.

If you think drinking to stupor is a major crime in the sight of God then the whole of planet earth ought to have been wiped off.

You guys should stop acting as though you could see the mind of God and relying on your human idionsyncracies to make far-reaching and lazy conclusions. What will God gain from punishing people as a result of drinking?

Isn't this complacent way of thinking a way to escape the rigorous ways to combat the security challenges in he state?

1 Like

Re: Gov. Jang - God Is Punishing Plateau For Her Sins by waja(m): 9:51pm On Aug 05, 2012
It is not their sin but that of Gowon.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Jang - God Is Punishing Plateau For Her Sins by mrperfect(m): 10:02pm On Aug 05, 2012
This is really an interesting one.
Re: Gov. Jang - God Is Punishing Plateau For Her Sins by guonno: 10:04pm On Aug 05, 2012
May the fulani contineu in their systematic take over if nigeria through kwara, oyo, edo, lagos delta and etc except the east. Who said the biafran war was not neccesary? The fulani and hausa go talk say: "this igbo people when fight the whole nigeria no go take am likely with us(fulani) if we invade their land o". At least the fulani men know say when them slaughter people for yewa, them go free, when them kill people for delta north and warri south them go free, when them cut ondo state man hand, them go free, when them worry people for lagos them go free, even when them kill one woman and man for edo, them go free. But when hausa police mistakingly shoot person die for onitsha, one hausa man was beatn to death and another behond repair, when fulani try some igbo boys, them butcha them fulani to death and some cow got missing. If not for biafra war, fulani and hausa no go dey fear igbo man because igbo man get mind cnallenge this whole country plus some foreign bests, them know say if only fulani and hausa face us, we go clean them existence maka chukwu!
Re: Gov. Jang - God Is Punishing Plateau For Her Sins by Nobody: 10:11pm On Aug 05, 2012
waja: It is not their sin but that of Gowon.

Dude, let me educate you. Gowon is NOT Berom. He is of the Ngas ethnic group. They are mostly found in Pankshin/Kanke Local Government Areas. Gowon's own land IS THE MOST PEACEFUL PLACE in Plateau State. None of the crisis in Jos usually affect his area. Do you know why? Because there are NO LARGE NUMBER OF MUSLIMS there. So what repercusssions are you talking about?

Jos is peculiar case because since from colonial times it has attracted migrant workers from all over the place to work at the tin mines. This also brought about a rapid pace of development and problems that the Beroms have had to face.

SO please, your analogies are not apt in this case. You are mixing apples and oranges. Thanks.
Re: Gov. Jang - God Is Punishing Plateau For Her Sins by Pukkah: 10:13pm On Aug 05, 2012
guonno: May the fulani contineu in their systematic take over if nigeria through kwara, oyo, edo, lagos delta and etc except the east. Who said the biafran war was not neccesary? The fulani and hausa go talk say: "this igbo people when fight the whole nigeria no go take am likely with us(fulani) if we invade their land o". At least the fulani men know say when them slaughter people for yewa, them go free, when them kill people for delta north and warri south them go free, when them cut ondo state man hand, them go free, when them worry people for lagos them go free, even when them kill one woman and man for edo, them go free. But when hausa police mistakingly shoot person die for onitsha, one hausa man was beatn to death and another behond repair, when fulani try some igbo boys, them butcha them fulani to death and some cow got missing. If not for biafra war, fulani and hausa no go dey fear igbo man because igbo man get mind cnallenge this whole country plus some foreign bests, them know say if only fulani and hausa face us, we go clean them existence maka chukwu!

The Fulanis have also done things in the East. Don't justify the Biafran war on the basis of a wrong premise.
Re: Gov. Jang - God Is Punishing Plateau For Her Sins by inspirenet: 10:13pm On Aug 05, 2012
slap1: That means his job as the governor is finished. He should resign. Hail theocracy.

undecided
Re: Gov. Jang - God Is Punishing Plateau For Her Sins by inspirenet: 10:14pm On Aug 05, 2012
slap1: That means his job as the governor is finished. He should resign. Hail theocracy.
Re: Gov. Jang - God Is Punishing Plateau For Her Sins by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 05, 2012
guonno: At least the fulani men know say when them slaughter people for yewa, them go free,
The last time Plateau natives in justified retaliation against the Hausa/Fulanis WIPED OUT a whole town at Yelwa Shendam,
Obasanjo had to declare a State of emergency as a result. Granted, Yelwa Shendam had several advantages like it was way remote
and before the news could go out and further security reinforced, the massive damage by the native retaliation was already done.
I witnessed some of these events myself. Nobody said Yelwa Shendam cannot be replicated in Jos. Anything is possible. But two things
first: 1. Cut of the army and police from defending a certain ethnic group. 2. Do not declare a State of emergency in the after math.

My whole point? While no ethnic group has the monopoly of violence, if some people continue to take some people for granted, certain
unfortunate things do happen. As a Christian, I would like to see people repent and change. But when a murderer insists on killing
in the name of whatever religion or cows....then that person or group have to be put down.
Re: Gov. Jang - God Is Punishing Plateau For Her Sins by Walexz02(m): 10:29pm On Aug 05, 2012
Only in nigeria........Governors recieve revelationcheesy
Re: Gov. Jang - God Is Punishing Plateau For Her Sins by naijaking1: 10:38pm On Aug 05, 2012
agent22: Hmmmm. Briafran war comes to my mind...

You can say it again. Hopefully, other mindless plateau generals will have a vision too, and repent. This was what they did to Igbos!!!!
Re: Gov. Jang - God Is Punishing Plateau For Her Sins by Nobody: 10:40pm On Aug 05, 2012
Pukkah: This is shocking! Is this a sign of senility? Is Plateau state the most sinful place on earth? This governor has lost the moral right to remain on the seat or continue to collect salaries LOOTING!!.
Re: Gov. Jang - God Is Punishing Plateau For Her Sins by nagoma(m): 10:55pm On Aug 05, 2012
[quote author=DivideUs][/quote]

The chicken coming home to roost? Jang is haunted.
Re: Gov. Jang - God Is Punishing Plateau For Her Sins by Nobody: 11:01pm On Aug 05, 2012
emma4lfc: If u hv lived in jos, u wil agree wit baba jang, dose plateau ppl are in luv wit alcohol. Afta drinking 2 stupo, hausas wil jst come kil dem witout dem savin dia souls, wit dat of dia wifes and children. Wawaye ku ci gaba da sha brukutu.

I think the Governor too drank to stupor to utter such grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Gov. Jang - God Is Punishing Plateau For Her Sins by Ddaji(m): 11:07pm On Aug 05, 2012
No muslim STF commander,SSS director,CP or GOC to blame for his failure of leadership.the bastard now shift blame to sin.The coward is afraid of long arm of fulani.Idiot with burkutu face.May be is the power that he gote from india to receive aspiration from god.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Jang - God Is Punishing Plateau For Her Sins by uceee(m): 11:32pm On Aug 05, 2012
Wow.....everything happens in Naija my country.
Re: Gov. Jang - God Is Punishing Plateau For Her Sins by Nobody: 12:15am On Aug 06, 2012
Ddaji: No muslim STF commander,SSS director,CP or GOC to blame for his failure of leadership.the bastard now shift blame to sin.The coward is afraid of long arm of fulani.Idiot with burkutu face.May be is the power that he gote from india to receive aspiration from god.

He is a Christian now. He loves Jesus and he does not drink? What was your point again? Who is afraid of the long arm of who? I have seen even old women no
longer afraid of the military in Jos now...even with their guns, no one respects them. No one is afraid to die. And I think if you are honest with yourself
you will realize that at both the state and national levels, God has been rendering His own type of Judgment on his enemies. No he does not rely on human beings to
do that. And no I will not mention them because I do not rejoice in the misfortunes of other people. All your ethnic bragging is NONSENSE by the way.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

INEC Deregisters 74 Political Parties / Sit-At-Home Order: Transporters In Abia Beg For Palliatives / Uzodimma Hails Tinubu, Says Buhari Will Hand Over To A Worthy Successor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.