Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,713 members, 7,809,704 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:34 PM

Lagos Police Debunk Killer Orange Rumour - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Police Debunk Killer Orange Rumour (6091 Views)

Imo Police Debunk Doctors Allegation / Ife Chiefs Debunk Ooni's Death / Building Collapses In Lagos Police Barracks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Police Debunk Killer Orange Rumour by miteolu(m): 5:42pm On Aug 06, 2012
THE Lagos State Police Command yesterday debunked speculations that any death has been recorded in the state as a result of eating so-called ‘death orange’.

The Commissioner of Police, Lagos State command, Alhaji Umar Manko in a statement made available to The Guardian said that no such thing as ‘death orange’ existed in the command and that no single death has been recorded as a result of eating oranges orange.

Manko who spoke through the spokesperson of the command, Ngozi Braide, a Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) urged Lagosians to ignore and discountenance what she called ‘rumour’.

“The attention of the Lagos State Police Command has been drawn to publications on some social network being circulated within the country in which Lagos State is fingered as the actual state that has made some records of death after orange eating.

“The Command wants to use this medium to debunk this rumour as this did not and never emanated from the Nigeria Police or Lagos State Police Command” she said.

According to the statement, “The Commissioner of Police considers this rumour false, as none of the Divisional or Area Command Headquarters in Lagos have received any complaint with regards to such, from the public

“He therefore wishes to advice members of the public to use the communication channels responsibly and not to engage in rumour peddling. The public should also seek confirmation of such rumours before broadcasting, as that could be malicious and at the same time disrupt peace in the state.”

Braide added: “That not withstanding, the Command has commenced investigation to ascertain the origin of this information. Members of the public are hereby advised to continue to go about their lawful duties as adequate security measures have been put in place to forestall any ugly occurrence.”

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=94725:lagos-police-debunk-death-orange-rumour&catid=3:metro&Itemid=558

1 Like

Re: Lagos Police Debunk Killer Orange Rumour by miteolu(m): 5:47pm On Aug 06, 2012
THIS IS TO PUT END TO ONGOING RUMOR in https://www.nairaland.com/food
Re: Lagos Police Debunk Killer Orange Rumour by SisiKill1: 2:02pm On Aug 07, 2012
So people really took it seriously??

Last year it was killer apple, the year before that it was killer beans. Before that it was killer rain, before that one killer number, then killer 2go, killer 2come

Nigerians ehn, we think we are so special. . ..death has to hit our nation in some exotic way.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Police Debunk Killer Orange Rumour by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 07, 2012
I dunno what joy pple derive in spreading rumour! The other time it was a certain mtn number.it was circulated on BBM that if the number calls u by midnite u will be used for rituals.arrant nonsense I must say!
Re: Lagos Police Debunk Killer Orange Rumour by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 07, 2012
It ddnt cost anything to stay away from oranges...
No be me dem go take tell stories.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Police Debunk Killer Orange Rumour by tinkinjo: 2:14pm On Aug 07, 2012
...just thinking whether the Nigerian Police is the right body to alert the public if the story were indeed true.
Re: Lagos Police Debunk Killer Orange Rumour by Blackteeth(m): 2:15pm On Aug 07, 2012
If Nigerians were educated all this wouldnt have been an issue. Who the fool will raise such rumor in advanced countries cos he knows some citizens have labs in their houses.
Which Nigerian get time to setup lab for house? All the available rooms will be filled with something more important: GARRI
Re: Lagos Police Debunk Killer Orange Rumour by DICKtator: 2:15pm On Aug 07, 2012
*sucking orange while reading this thread* -_-

*looks at orange* shocked undecided

*faints*

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Police Debunk Killer Orange Rumour by chelseabmw(m): 2:20pm On Aug 07, 2012
undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Lagos Police Debunk Killer Orange Rumour by ariyebaba(m): 2:21pm On Aug 07, 2012
What is d business of the Police with killer orange ? Where are the health professionals ?

Naija na pangba !!!

Owishi-wishi cheesysmileywink
Re: Lagos Police Debunk Killer Orange Rumour by freecocoa(f): 2:27pm On Aug 07, 2012
Aleast i didn't throw the oranges i bought away,even though i already ate two before i got the sms.undecided
Re: Lagos Police Debunk Killer Orange Rumour by inspirenet: 2:30pm On Aug 07, 2012
ok smiley
Re: Lagos Police Debunk Killer Orange Rumour by mallorca(m): 2:31pm On Aug 07, 2012
DICKtator: *sucking orange while reading this thread* -_-

*faints*
grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Police Debunk Killer Orange Rumour by ebere1712: 2:37pm On Aug 07, 2012
Better safe than sorry undecided
Re: Lagos Police Debunk Killer Orange Rumour by Wisdytech(m): 2:39pm On Aug 07, 2012
WHN WIL NIG Govt stop surprising us wit FAKE THNGS?
Re: Lagos Police Debunk Killer Orange Rumour by swizz01(m): 2:42pm On Aug 07, 2012

*faints*

=D =D ♒ђåª•ђåª•ђåª♒=D =D ....U̶̲̥̅̊ no well °oo°°oo°o.......omoh no b м̤̈э D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥м̤̈ go use take tel story τ̅☺ other ppl.....
Re: Lagos Police Debunk Killer Orange Rumour by 190: 2:44pm On Aug 07, 2012
Blackteeth: If Nigerians were educated all this wouldnt have been an issue. Who the fool will raise such rumor in advanced countries cos he knows some citizens have labs in their houses.
Which Nigerian get time to setup lab for house? All the available rooms will be filled with something more important: [size=28pt]GARRI[/size]
grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Police Debunk Killer Orange Rumour by omenziate(m): 2:50pm On Aug 07, 2012
Rumour or no rumour, I don ban orange for dis month.
Re: Lagos Police Debunk Killer Orange Rumour by ideee03(f): 2:53pm On Aug 07, 2012
[quote author=DICKtator]*sucking orange while reading this thread* -_-

*faints*[/*pours water*lol
Re: Lagos Police Debunk Killer Orange Rumour by Caseless: 2:55pm On Aug 07, 2012
Me beliv nig police? I die! Even wen it is white they(police) wl tel u is black. @ Freecoco, u'v taken 2 alreadi? Den goin by d rumour, u must b typin frm d wrld beyond. Update me abt heaven pls.
Re: Lagos Police Debunk Killer Orange Rumour by ebamma(m): 3:00pm On Aug 07, 2012
man shall not live by orange alone,because the are other fruits like apple,pineapple,mango, pears a man can eat,prevention is better than cure
Re: Lagos Police Debunk Killer Orange Rumour by Okijajuju1(m): 3:07pm On Aug 07, 2012
UPDATED LIST OF KILLER FOODS & THINGS IN NIGERIA>>

1. Killer Beans..

2. Killer Indomie

3. Killer Oranges..

4. Killer Number.
Re: Lagos Police Debunk Killer Orange Rumour by oladayo042: 3:10pm On Aug 07, 2012
Wisdytech: WHN WIL NIG Govt stop surprising us wit FAKE THNGS?
Nigerians are the ones surprising themselves with fake news!
Re: Lagos Police Debunk Killer Orange Rumour by freecocoa(f): 3:12pm On Aug 07, 2012
caseless: @ Freecocoa, u'v taken 2 alreadi? Den goin by d rumour, u must b typin frm d wrld beyond. Update me abt heaven pls.
Yeah i have my brother although I'm not sure i've crossed over yet cos i saw one of my neighbors this morning,i know he can't possibly make heaven so that's why i think i'm still on earth.smiley

1 Like

Re: Lagos Police Debunk Killer Orange Rumour by killuminati(m): 3:49pm On Aug 07, 2012
Ok
Re: Lagos Police Debunk Killer Orange Rumour by SisiKill1: 4:50pm On Aug 07, 2012
In the west, the Orange Planters will be screaming SABOTAGE at the Apple, Peaches, Tangerine, Plum planters right now. cheesy cheesy
Re: Lagos Police Debunk Killer Orange Rumour by ijcu(m): 6:38pm On Aug 07, 2012

*faints*

dis guy sef na wa ooo
cool

*faints*

dis guy sef na wa ooo
Re: Lagos Police Debunk Killer Orange Rumour by Caseless: 7:59pm On Aug 07, 2012
freecocoa: Yeah i have my brother although I'm not sure i've crossed over yet cos i saw one of my neighbors this morning,i know he can't possibly make heaven so that's why i think i'm still on earth.smiley
dat confam d police st8ment.
Re: Lagos Police Debunk Killer Orange Rumour by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 07, 2012
Sisi_Kill: So people really took it seriously??

Last year it was killer apple, the year before that it was killer beans. Before that it was killer rain, before that one killer number, then killer 2go, killer 2come

Nigerians ehn, we think we are so special. . ..death has to hit our nation in some exotic way.

you forgot killer indomie cheesy cheesy

abeg when do we get killer websites
Re: Lagos Police Debunk Killer Orange Rumour by Redstone(m): 9:28pm On Aug 07, 2012
Where are the oranges from? Just being curious o.
Re: Lagos Police Debunk Killer Orange Rumour by OYINBOGOJU(m): 11:13pm On Aug 07, 2012
The NIgerian Police Force Knows Nothing.

Never believe them.
Re: Lagos Police Debunk Killer Orange Rumour by John4p(m): 1:07am On Aug 08, 2012
Please let's always remember that in every rumour there's an atom of truth...... Only wise ones can understand what am talking about.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tension In Bakassi As Boundary Demarcation Begins / Peter Obi Caught Sleeping At Airport While Waiting To Board A Flight. / LP Defeated And Disgraced Vice President Candidate Datti Protest With PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.